PDA

View Full Version : Monotonix

faxman75
01-28-2010, 07:51 AM
East coasters, they have some gigs coming up. Don't miss this shit it's a fucking party to the millionth degree. Hopefully they don't cancel the upcoming dates but knowing Ami, hey would play half dead.

“After more than 700 shows, I think I finally broke my leg,” Montonix frontman Ami Shalev proclaimed mere minutes into his band’s performance at the Respectable Street Cafe in West Palm Beach last night. Read a full recap of the incident at Crossface; check out the band’s now questionable upcoming tour dates below.

Monotonix 2010 Tour Dates:
01/28 - Atlanta, GA @ 40 Watts
01/29 - Charlotte, NC @ Snug Harbor
01/30 - Asheville NC @ Rocket Club
03/03 - Sydney, AU @ Annandale Hotel
03/04 - Melbourne, AU @ Ding Dong Lounge
03/05 - Geelong, AU @ The National Hotel
03/06 - Meredith, AU @ Golden Plains Festival
03/07 - Peek Crossing, AU @ The Lost Weekend Festival
05/14 - Minhead, UK @ All Tomorrow’s Parties

If you have no clue what Monotinix is, I can tell you they played Sasquatch last year and ATP in 2008. Their show is pure madness. They don't play on stage they play in the crowd. Then think pure punk madness.

MissingPerson and I saw them in Dublin 2 months ago.

ATP festival Minehead
VpGb8mDAMa8

Mr.Nipples
01-28-2010, 08:15 AM
isn't this the band with the lead singer who shoves mic's up his ass? i'll pass.

Mr.Nipples
01-28-2010, 08:18 AM
yeah ill fucking pass
http://www.larecord.com/artwork/web/feuer-monotonix-01.jpg
http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/nashvillecream/Monotonix101208ExitIn19.jpg
http://cache.media.digitalphotogallery.com/atksslqgiwpj/images/monotonix_jospehs_well_leeds14/monotonix_jospehs_well_leeds14_blog.jpg

rage patton
01-28-2010, 08:35 AM
You're missing out Nips, they are a blast.

And did he seriously break his leg?

Mr.Nipples
01-28-2010, 10:53 AM
You're missing out Nips, they are a blast.

And did he seriously break his leg?

from shoving stuff up his ass?

juloxx
01-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Truly bizzare and weird music. I caught them at Monolith festival in CO.

Not my kind of music but they put on an intersting show to say the least. Into that weird ass shit check em out.

rage patton
01-28-2010, 11:24 AM
from shoving stuff up his ass?

No, you are missing out on a lot of fun. The crowd for their shows are usually nuts and the band almost always ends up playing in 3 different parts of the room. Most of the times I have seen them, the lead singer is crowd surfing before he even sings a word. Their sets are just pure chaos and it is insanely fun.

Also, of the 6 times I have seen them, only 3 times has he put the mic up to his ass. And the mic never gets inserted into his ass, he just puts it up against it. Gross out humour is also part of their show. When I saw them in London, the singer pretended to pose for a press guy and motioned him to come closer. As soon as the guy looked like he was ready to take the pic, he spitted right at the camera. The camera guy laughed it off, cleaned his camera and went back to taking pictures.

If you can't have fun at a Monotonix show, I am pretty sure you don't have a soul.

faxman75
01-28-2010, 11:40 AM
That about sums it up. The show in Dublin started off with a bang. Beer, ice and drinks splattered everywhere. Ami (lead singer) grabbed a pint out of someone's hand in the crowd and poured it over the drummer and his cymbols. Chaos from start to finish. Brillaint show.

juloxx
01-28-2010, 11:46 AM
I guess they make up for their lack of musical talent by just doing stupid ass shit. Either way, it's entertaining.

Botrocker
01-28-2010, 11:47 AM
There shows are intense and this comes as no surprise.

Bummer that he was heckled like that before he was helped.

MissingPerson
01-28-2010, 03:55 PM
MissingPerson and I saw them in Dublin 2 months ago.

And they were a blast, yes. Though sadly, there was no assing of any microphones, a good time was had by all and I highly recommend them live.

Their music sort of blows, but still. Fun.