PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please put this question to rest for me...

Mr.Nipples
01-27-2010, 01:46 PM
From the FAQ, am i under the impression that non-campers will be allowed to flow in and out of the campgrounds as they see fit? i REALLY hope thats not the case...

JJizzle04
01-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Planning on RV Camping. I couldn't possibly see how that would ever be allowed. It would forever be remembered as Theifchella '10

BROKENDOLL
01-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Nips, I don't have an answer, but I can assure you, you're not alone on your thoughts. Maybe campers should get a wristband, and if they choose to bring guests, they have to be with them. In other words, no band, or person with a band as your host...no entry into campground.

eskamo951
01-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Nips, I don't have an answer, but I can assure you, you're not alone on your thoughts. Maybe campers should get a wristband, and if they choose to bring guests, they have to be with them. In other words, no band, or person with a band as your host...no entry into campground.

The only problem is monitoring that. Previously, after a day in the fest, we all walk back to the campgrounds, put our fist in the air to show our wristband, and security is content. Mix in people saying "These 5 people are with me, it's fine, blah blah" and re-entry to camping could become a cluster fuck.

Although, I'm also concerned with this open campsite possibility. But we have cars with locks this year.

vogina
01-27-2010, 02:13 PM
thousands of people trailing through the camp grounds to continue the party @ the end of the night sounds like the worst case scenario, with regards if your shit isn't getting stolen.

captncrzy
01-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I think that's what it means. It looks like you can roll into the campground if your friends are camping (if you're with them). In that case, anyone want to stash a case of beer for me in their tent?

Also, I'd totally lock my shit up.

Geno_g
01-27-2010, 02:21 PM
I hope there's camping bracelets and you get them when you drive in, that seems like the most logical idea, if not everyone that isn't camping every time you come in bring a case of beer, please...

miscorrections
01-27-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm curious what everyone has that they want to lock up. Sunscreen? Shampoo? Underwear?

captncrzy
01-27-2010, 02:23 PM
People are assholes. They'll steal anything.

faxman75
01-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Somehow at Bonnaroo every single festival attendee has access to the campground and riots don't break out. I think it's going to be ok guys.

miscorrections
01-27-2010, 02:25 PM
I left a polaroid out camping in '07 and it didn't get stolen. Somehow I think if someone doesn't want to steal my camera they're not going to steal my clothes.

captncrzy
01-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Polaroid film is too expensive. You can't expect robbers to maintain that shit.

miscorrections
01-27-2010, 02:27 PM
The Hipster Burglers would.

faxman75
01-27-2010, 02:27 PM
True, they just want electronics so they can sell it quick and buy meth. Lock up your electronics in the car. Problem solved.

vogina
01-27-2010, 02:29 PM
we need some of those Jurassic park fences.

http://img.youtube.com/vi/RfiQYRn7fBg/0.jpg

BROKENDOLL
01-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I think that's what it means. It looks like you can roll into the campground if your friends are camping (if you're with them). In that case, anyone want to stash a case of beer for me in their tent?

Also, I'd totally lock my shit up.
Since I don't drink beer, you can have mine...There's just one small glitch though...:winkiss

faxman75
01-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Bev, you're not helping. I mentioned meth and you appeared in less than 3 minutes.

vogina
01-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Bev, you're not helping. I mentioned meth and you appeared in less than 3 minutes.

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/11/18/ninja-fail.jpg

laineinla
01-27-2010, 03:01 PM
This is basically the question I posted earlier (http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35867 , and my concern was also about security) but based on the FAQ, you only need a festival pass to get inside the campground, hence, anyone with the festival wristband can go into the campground. ("will they actually do so" is another question - since cars parked overnight that don't have a camping parking pass will get towed).

Just remember to lock up any valuables - hah, and for me - yes "valuables" equals any electronics (think ipod/portable speakers) ... oh and of course beer!

actually, in prior years, my biggest "valuable" was the next day's ticket (I would never want to bring it inside since I was paranoid about losing it, and I hated leaving it in the car cuz I'd be parked too far away and it seemed too inconvenient and hot and disgusting to make that extra trek), but since it's just the one 3-day wristband now, I don't have to stress out about that so yay!

dontfeedthebird
01-27-2010, 03:02 PM
I left a polaroid out camping in '07 and it didn't get stolen. Somehow I think if someone doesn't want to steal my camera they're not going to steal my clothes.

I'm gonna be wearing your panties on my head.

miscorrections
01-27-2010, 03:03 PM
You could've stolen them three years ago if you wanted to. Why now? What changed?

SoulDischarge
01-27-2010, 03:04 PM
You started using soap.

miscorrections
01-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Don't we all go through a back-to-nature phase?

M Sparks
01-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Here's my thought on this...

The campground will still be fenced. There's won't be signs that say "Hey everybody, come on in!" Most people don't read this message board. Those who do still can't seem to figure stuff out. And- perhaps this is why PF won't answer this question. Why advertise it?

I really doubt there will be hordes of people crashing the campground. As far as theft goes, most stuff will be locked in cars, and why are non campers less trustworthy than campers as a whole?

But yeah...keep starting threads to draw attention to everything.

Mr.Nipples
01-27-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm curious what everyone has that they want to lock up. Sunscreen? Shampoo? Underwear?

im concerned about the car im taking. last thing i need is drunk johnny dicklick putting something through my car window because they have nothing to lose since they're just passing through and not camping there. if this is what i think it means, the folks behind this snafu are asking for a swamp of trouble, and i will be one of the first to give it to them if i get fucked this year.

nbvcide
01-27-2010, 04:51 PM
we have cars to lock stuff in now... couldn't people have gone through and stolen shit before??

besides, what if you are camping on someone's car camping spot, but arrive later than said car? do you have to try and phone the person and wait for them to come to check-in?

but certainly, to all the people worried about thieves: certainly a festival ticket costs more than a camping pass..

in the past people could camp without even going to the festival.. wouldn't they be more likely to steal drugs and alcohol or whatever? this new system, everyone has to have a festival ticket for all three days..

Geno_g
01-27-2010, 04:53 PM
With the addition of ins and outs, I would rather have a camping bracelet type thing to filter out who's in the campgrounds...

Suffacated
01-27-2010, 05:21 PM
With the addition of ins and outs, I would rather have a camping bracelet type thing to filter out who's in the campgrounds...

That seems like the only logical solution.

nbvcide
01-27-2010, 05:28 PM

i really don't get how that would change anything... would it just make you feel safer? i don't see how having a camping bracelet would reduce potential theft.. especially since it isnt' required to pay for camping regardless of whether or not you have a wristband..

emtgreg
01-27-2010, 05:46 PM
LOCK YOUR SHIT UP

as I am the dude who found someone else in his car at 4am...

He was tripping fucking balls though...

emtgreg
01-27-2010, 05:47 PM
But, having my car open and unlocked was my own fault, but you all gotta know that you gotta keep your shit locked...

fiopadp7791
01-27-2010, 07:00 PM
i really don't get how that would change anything... would it just make you feel safer? i don't see how having a camping bracelet would reduce potential theft.. especially since it isnt' required to pay for camping regardless of whether or not you have a wristband..

yeah, unless you made everyone in your party check in at the same time this wouldn't work.

magenta
01-27-2010, 07:17 PM
LOCK YOUR SHIT UP

as I am the dude who found someone else in his car at 4am...

He was tripping fucking balls though...

Amazing.

Mr.Nipples
01-27-2010, 08:22 PM
does anyone have a cold hard answer for this? im sick of trying to decipher this grey area horseshit between this board and the FAQ

im assuming that people who have no damned business being in camping are going to be able to be there this year correct? dani?

SEEDYMIG420
01-27-2010, 08:32 PM
If your car camping, then watch out. I'm going to be stealing everyones rims and tires.
Brace your self!!! Car jackin is my hobbie!!!! Gimme your wallet, your purse, your jewelry, and I want your socks and underware too!!!! FOOOL!!!! It's all about the come up!!!
please feel free to get drunk too, it makes it so much easier for me to jack all your shit.
You can find all your shit on sale @ Craigslist.org. CASH ONLY!!!

nbvcide
01-27-2010, 10:20 PM
"Can people who arnt camping go into the camping zone to hang with friends?"

as long as everyone has a festival pass

Baroygeorge
01-27-2010, 10:26 PM
go get your self some...its the best way to escape this world...weed...

CalmerThanYou
01-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Somehow at Bonnaroo every single festival attendee has access to the campground and riots don't break out. I think it's going to be ok guys.

this is how it was at phish festival 8...and you know what? nothing bad happened

all this means is that we're going to have the best after party known to coachella

nbvcide
01-28-2010, 12:26 AM
^^^^ which is EXACTLY why GV should reconsider and bring back the dome..

faxman75
01-28-2010, 07:39 AM
this is how it was at phish festival 8...and you know what? nothing bad happened

all this means is that we're going to have the best after party known to coachella

I love how no one seems to address this point and they keep freaking out. ZOMG i'm gonna really be pissed at Coachella if my shit gets stolen or my car gets trashed. Meanwhile bigger festivals with twice as many people seem to be able to get througth these events without riots, a bunch of vandalism, damage to property, rampant stealing, rape and fires.

DON'T FUCKING WORRY ABOUT IT NIPPLES, IF YOUR CAR IS TOO NICE DON'T DRIVE IT THERE BUT JUST IN CASE THEY HAVE THIS THING CALLED INSURANCE!

locachica73
01-28-2010, 07:53 AM
OK I am going to crash this thread with a question because I don't want to start yet another camping question thread and get yelled at. How long are they going to let people park in the festival parking before towing the vehicle? My plan was to camp at the campground in my car, and my sister was going to park her car in regular parking. Then we were going to party/sleep in our tents/car until the sun came up then get up, go to her car, drive to our hotel and sleep and shower. Now I am thinking this won't work if they are only leaving cars for an hour or two. But that doesn't seem very wise as people who are invited into camping by their friends might get too trashed to drive and wake up to a towed car. Which seems counter productive to the whole dont drink and drive or do drugs and drive.

higgybaby23
01-28-2010, 08:08 AM
This camping/wristband setup was used for the Phish festival and it worked just fine. If those crusty Wooks can keep their hands to themselves, I'm confident that the average Coachella goer will also be respectful.

Besides, if everyone is required to purchase a $300+ festival pass, it sort of weeds out the more desperate criminal types.

All that said, LOCK YOUR SHIT UP!

Edit: Great minds thinking alike. :)

faxman75
01-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Is it safe to leave my baby in the car when i'm inside the festival?

locachica73
01-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Only if you leave the window cracked.