PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys put a small lock on both of your tint zippers to keep the monsters out?

Cammo
01-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Is theft a problem? Have you heard of anyone stealing any goods? I am keeping my wallet/cell phone with me during the festival but what about the other stuff? The last thing I want is to come back at night and all my food/clothes/toiletries gone.

lowfront
01-26-2010, 08:58 PM
just don't keep your laptop, ipod, or drugs out in the open and you should be fine. Those locks are kind of retarted.

gaypalmsprings
01-26-2010, 08:58 PM
what are tint zippers?

Cammo
01-26-2010, 09:05 PM
what are tint zippers?

Yes you can put these in your ass

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-26-2010, 09:06 PM
then GPS wouldnt need a lock

Cammo
01-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Yes, I know someone can just slash it open if they really wanted to but I was just curious.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-26-2010, 09:08 PM
what's your tent look like again?

OnlyNonStranger
01-26-2010, 09:09 PM
In 2008, I camped by myself since all my friends bailed. I met some Scottish chick during Chromeo on Sunday and we danced the night away. Afterwards she invited me back to her hotel so I could "shower." Needless to say, I accepted. We had a blast that night and I didn't actually get rinsed off until about 7am. I got a ride back from her friend around 8am to the campgrounds so I could get my shit together to catch the coachellaexpress or whatever the train was called back to LA. Whenever I got back to my campsite, I discovered my tent and everything that I had inside had been stolen. My neighbors then told me that they thought I had packed up late Sunday and left since all my stuff was gone whenever they got back to the campsite after Roger Waters. It really sucked since my passport, greencard, like 200 bucks worth of merch and all my shit was in my tent.

That was my only bad experience and it was really bad. I'm not sure if it was because I camped out by myself or what but it happened. I would just be careful and not bring anything you actually care about with you. I learned my lesson the hard way.

That Scottish chick sure was a freak though..

lowfront
01-26-2010, 09:11 PM
haha,

well common sense here....don't leave your passport in your tent.

but i think this is rare....not much crime in tent city

OnlyNonStranger
01-26-2010, 09:18 PM
I honestly didn't think somebody would target my tent.

Oh well, lesson learned. Canada wasn't too pissed about a stolen passport. Who knew.

jimmycrackcorn
01-26-2010, 09:44 PM
there are lockers onsite that you can rent... VERY convenient for those not camping but also pretty safe to store valuables in for those that are... i left my stash of merchandise, ________, and anything else i didn't want to carry around with me all day in there... it was really nice to be able to enjoy a festival without lugging around a backpack all day... how are you going to dance with a backpack on seriously (for those going to the sahara tent)... whole different coachella experience since i started renting a locker...

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26181&highlight=lockerchella

lizng
01-27-2010, 05:06 AM
Or if you're car camping, just keep your stuff locked safely inside your vehicle.

M Sparks
01-27-2010, 05:54 AM
Or if you're car camping, just keep your stuff locked safely inside your vehicle.

This.

I do put a little lock on mine. Anything to slow someone down. It's not really a big deal..more to keep out drunks who get lost and think my tent is theirs.

noolan
01-27-2010, 06:01 AM
I look at a lock drawing more attention, than preventing someone from breaking in/stealing something.

Tilly
01-28-2010, 03:50 AM
yeah both times i have been to Coachella i have never needed to lock the tent up..
i used the lockers in 08, but that was mainly to store merchandise & other stuff i didn't want to carry around during the day.. and super valuable stuff we kept locked in our car. compared to other festivals i have been to in the uk and australia, the Coachella campsite has a very safe & friendly vibe.. no one is there to steal stuff, everyone is just there to have a good time.

M Sparks
01-28-2010, 06:08 AM
/\ Best first post of the season.

billtino
01-28-2010, 01:51 PM
In 2008, I camped by myself since all my friends bailed. I met some Scottish chick during Chromeo on Sunday and we danced the night away. Afterwards she invited me back to her hotel so I could "shower." Needless to say, I accepted. We had a blast that night and I didn't actually get rinsed off until about 7am. I got a ride back from her friend around 8am to the campgrounds so I could get my shit together to catch the coachellaexpress or whatever the train was called back to LA. Whenever I got back to my campsite, I discovered my tent and everything that I had inside had been stolen. My neighbors then told me that they thought I had packed up late Sunday and left since all my stuff was gone whenever they got back to the campsite after Roger Waters. It really sucked since my passport, greencard, like 200 bucks worth of merch and all my shit was in my tent.

That was my only bad experience and it was really bad. I'm not sure if it was because I camped out by myself or what but it happened. I would just be careful and not bring anything you actually care about with you. I learned my lesson the hard way.

That Scottish chick sure was a freak though..

Small price to pay for some sweet Red bush. I'd say even.

wstsidela
01-28-2010, 02:45 PM
what's a taint zipper?

OnlyNonStranger
01-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Small price to pay for some sweet Red bush. I'd say even.

Haha, she wasn't a ginger.

lickety_spit
01-30-2010, 12:46 AM
I look at a lock drawing more attention, than preventing someone from breaking in/stealing something.

a lock may draw more attention than no lock (how big do you think those fuckers are?), but some dickweed knifing their way into your tent probably draws a little more attention than some dickweed simply unzipping it, too.

i've always locked mine & never had anything stolen.
i even lock it when i sleep to prevent rape.
not my goodies!

CellarOwl
01-30-2010, 05:06 AM
I didn't even realize it at the time but last year the door to my tent was left halfway open facing the main field and nothing was taken. The most important shit I even kept in there though was a box of crackers and a blanket. Keep your passport and plane ticket either on you at all times, or stash it in a friend's car. Everything else I needed was on hand the entire time, ie wallet, sunscreen/lip balm, cellphone. If you're not going to keep it with you, odds are you don't need to bring it to Coachella. The small stuff like soap, tp, whatever, it's just small stuff.

getbetter
01-31-2010, 01:01 PM
what's your tent look like again?

that made me chuckle.

In 06 i lost a pair of tickets for the weekend, my friend jack ended up not getting another ticket so he just got drunk on tequilla in tent city all day, he said he caught some hippie chick going into peoples tents and stealing blankets or something like that and end up getting drunk with her and screwing her, or something i wish i could call him and get the whole story right now but he's in jail for his 2nd dui and some other crap. Personally i think he lied to me because he was a sweaty grumpy drunk person in my tent when i told him I trade some stress and $50 for the second day ticket when i told him i was going back inside the venue.And I didn't see no hippie chick roll with him the whole weekend.

In 08 this blonde dude red like a lobster comes up to me in tent city talking about how he fell asleep on grass with his wallet and phone on his chest and someone stole it and asked me if I can believe that?