PDA

View Full Version : Z-TRIP!

Miss Linds
01-26-2010, 02:51 PM
http://www.djztrip.com/downloads.html

Get ready for Z-Trip! Lets hope he will be in the Sahara Tent!!!!

Norwalkguy
01-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Im a big Z trip fan and ive probobly seen him more times than any other artist on the line -up..

Heres to watching Z-trip, baring no major conflicts..

I actually was watching ZTrip during Arcade Fires debut (whatever year that was)..maybe kinda regret, but not really..

Chelaw
01-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Yes! I'm so excited. My bf did the audio for his set here in Orlando for surf. I can't wait for his set at coachella. Better not be a conflict.

insbordnat
01-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Z Trip will NOT be in the Sahara. Not a chance. Smear Spicy Pie on my face if I'm wrong.

daftmonkey64
01-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Im a big Z trip fan and ive probobly seen him more times than any other artist on the line -up..

Heres to watching Z-trip, baring no major conflicts..

I actually was watching ZTrip during Arcade Fires debut (whatever year that was)..maybe kinda regret, but not really..

that was '05. I did the same thing. Despite how awe-inspiring AF's set was, I have no regrets about watching z trip.

mickflyy
01-31-2010, 09:22 PM
z trip cds suck ...
z trip live awesome

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-31-2010, 09:26 PM
z trip cds suck ...
z trip live awesome

Z-Trip live sets on cds are awesome though

everybody who hasn't heard them should go to the link the OP posted and get Live in Los Angeles and Uneasy Listening - both are fucking amazing sets

brando4n82
01-31-2010, 09:40 PM
I saw youtube videos from his set at EDC in 2008 or whatever it was. Looked Really awesome!

I was pleasently surprised to see him on the lineup.

Lovage Dude, what stage do you think they will put Ztrip on? You think Outdoor, ala Shadow in '07?

mickflyy
01-31-2010, 09:45 PM
I saw youtube videos from his set at EDC in 2008 or whatever it was. Looked Really awesome!

I was pleasently surprised to see him on the lineup.

Lovage Dude, what stage do you think they will put Ztrip on? You think Outdoor, ala Shadow in '07?

i hope he is out side ... although it didnt work for shadow the turn out was pretty low i only saw a bit because GV decided it would be cool and/or funny to put him on at the same time as Bjork

ELECtROjan
01-31-2010, 09:48 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3DFEfkKMqWE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3DFEfkKMqWE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mickflyy
01-31-2010, 09:51 PM
cool vid ... by the way it would be awesome if fake blood was on the line up

insbordnat
01-31-2010, 09:54 PM
No, my guess is either Mojave or Gobi. If memory serves he was in the Gobi tent in 2005, and it wasn't packed as I recall. It's not like he's gotten more popular since then either, so I say that's where he'll be (in one of those tents).

tessalasset
01-31-2010, 10:14 PM
Z Trip was one of the most fun times I've ever had at a bar. He's so good live. Definitely not missing him.

Astrid
01-31-2010, 10:22 PM
z trip is such a smashing good time! im very excited to get my drink on and dance around like a fool :)

ELECtROjan
01-31-2010, 10:37 PM
cool vid ... by the way it would be awesome if fake blood was on the line up

unfortunately he said on twitter that he's not playing this year. He's doing shows in SF and LA in March tho

algunz
01-31-2010, 10:42 PM
He's on the poster, but you can't even hold to that anymore.

Madness . . . . :(

HEATER
02-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I saw him at DEMF last spring and he tore the pyramid apart.

I will not miss him unless there is a conflict with the xx, devo, or rusko as I have never seen any of them live

HAMMERHEAD
02-01-2010, 01:08 PM
z-trip is a top notch dj, im not sure how he wouldn't be in the sahara this year...

Norwalkguy
02-01-2010, 01:15 PM
i saw him play at the henry fonda with MSTRKFT and for fuck sake that show was insane..It was a friday night and people were going nuts. A pack of pretty girls slipped and fell in front of me and were laughing there heads of, rolling around the dirty fonda floor. He played that really great Eric Prydz VS Pink floyd track and i nearly cried.. It was so good..

a fun crowd ALWAYS helps..

HAMMERHEAD
02-01-2010, 02:19 PM
i saw him play at the henry fonda with MSTRKFT and for fuck sake that show was insane..It was a friday night and people were going nuts. A pack of pretty girls slipped and fell in front of me and were laughing there heads of, rolling around the dirty fonda floor. He played that really great Eric Prydz VS Pink floyd track and i nearly cried.. It was so good..

a fun crowd ALWAYS helps..

i thought that show was at the el rey? i saw both of them play there in march of 08 but maybe it was a different show

mittens4kittens
02-01-2010, 02:28 PM
z-trip is a top notch dj, im not sure how he wouldn't be in the sahara this year...

because Z-trip plays hip-hop and rock and roll, and doesn't really belong there? but hey, they stuck shepard fairey in there last year so who knows...

he was fun in 05, but Krush made him look silly.

HAMMERHEAD
02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
they put girl talk in the sahara, thats all rock/hip hop mashups is it not?

*edit*

which is not to say z-trip is anywhere as big as girl talk, but i dont see why he wouldnt play a day slot in the sahara. not to mention he spins a fair amount of edm in his sets.

Norwalkguy
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
i thought that show was at the el rey? i saw both of them play there in march of 08 but maybe it was a different show

your right, but there were two shows.. Friday @ the fonda ..Sun @ the El Rey..

I had such a blast on friday that i went again on sunday but it wasnt the same.. I think cause it was a sunday.. But it was still fun..

righteousdnk
02-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Funny story. Went to one of my music classes at the community college I go to, turns out the guy who teaches the class (Emile) is really good friends with Z-Trip and started the DJ crew they're apart of, Bomb Shelter DJs.

mittens4kittens
02-01-2010, 06:03 PM

*edit*

which is not to say z-trip is anywhere as big as girl talk, but i dont see why he wouldnt play a day slot in the sahara. not to mention he spins a fair amount of edm in his sets.

fair enough. For the record, Girl Talk was a nice excuse to take a break from the Sahara last year. I want to check Z-Trip out, because unlike Girl Talk he is an actual dj with actual skills, but I would honestly feel kind of weird watching him in the Sahara... that's the temple of rave, not kitschy mash-up land... but again, once ObeyGiant has defiled it with Motorhead, out-of-bounds is a lot harder to call.

ZackQ
02-01-2010, 06:39 PM

*edit*

In '07 Girl Talk closed out the Gobi. Z Trip's probably a little bigger than Girl Talk was back then, but not by too much. I could see him playing in that kind of slot.

nbvcide
02-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Z Trip will NOT be in the Sahara. Not a chance. Smear Spicy Pie on my face if I'm wrong.

that's gotta be one of the most ignorant things i've read on this board all year..

z-trip has played coachella a few times.. prepare to have pizza face.

also, thanks to the OP for the link... his first mixtape is great and i'm listening to Live In LA right now... best mashup live mix i think i've heard, even better than Girl Talk's usual set.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT, Live in LA is melting my fuckin FACE!!!!!

nbvcide
02-03-2010, 01:58 PM
http://djztrip.unknownvariable.com/audio/ztrip_liveinla.zip

OMfuckinG

best shit EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Distorted_Jungle
02-03-2010, 02:30 PM

He's been at a few raves i've been to so i kind of think he will be in there, but it also wouldn't shock me at all if he was in another tent.