PDA

View Full Version : is it cool to bring camelbacks

Mean Mr Mustard
01-25-2010, 08:52 PM
i saw someone with one but i dont know if it was somehow snuck in or something since they have the limit on how big a water bottle can be

iammrcandyman
01-25-2010, 08:54 PM
already answered in about 90 other threads. just try bringing it in worst case scenario you run it back to your car. the end.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-25-2010, 08:55 PM
is it really that hard to read the FAQ?

NO Camelpacks

It's gotta be easier than signing up to a message board, posting a therad, and having to deal with the ridicule of asking a retarded question....

Mean Mr Mustard
01-25-2010, 11:10 PM
eh it doesnt bug me. my question was answered its all good

sonicc
01-25-2010, 11:16 PM
there were camels at coachella?

darkjustice
01-25-2010, 11:18 PM
those things are lame

billtino
01-26-2010, 09:25 AM
there were camels at coachella?

Yes. of the camel toe variety.

TN_Mike
01-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Why are all the people on these boards jerks? Ha! I mean we know it says no Camelbacks, but we need to know how badly they enforce these things. I'm pretty sure every festival also says no illegal substances also. You can't walk around Bonnaroo for 5 minutes without being offered drugs, and from what I'm told Coachella is the same. For those of us that have never been we kinda need to know these things. That's all, take it easy geez.

psychic friend
01-26-2010, 09:46 AM
dude do you work for roo? it seems like you are a roo troll since all you do is come here and say "at roo" you sound like that chick that always talks about band camp. This is not band camp. sheesh.

brfilora
01-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Haha welcome to the board TN_Mike. Only 5 posts and you're already getting a ton of shit.

From what I've picked up on here people have been able to bring them in. I'm a first timer so i can't speak from experience but one guy told me he rocked his all 3 days last year.

The biggest advice i can give you from having snuck them into other festivals (full of booze which was ALWAYS against the rules) is to:

-Hang back for a second and watch the lines, usually some security thoroughly search people, others clearly hate their job and do little other than glance into your bag<---THIS is the most important piece

-Hide the tube from the reservoir, prob put in your shorts pocket

-Keep the other pockets of your hydration pack wide open and make it very easy for them to search, try and conceal the pocket that holds the bladder.

If worst comes to worst I'm going to keep the reservoir empty, take it out of the bag and wrap it around my waist. My pack is a nalgene brand and not easily discerned as a hydration pack.

-Good luck

brfilora
01-26-2010, 02:05 PM
those things are lame

Yea, 100 oz. of ice cold water on your back ready for consumption in 100+ degree heat sucks.

TN_Mike
01-26-2010, 02:40 PM
dude do you work for roo? it seems like you are a roo troll since all you do is come here and say "at roo" you sound like that chick that always talks about band camp. This is not band camp. sheesh.

Sorry dude, but I am most definitely a Tennessee man! Ha, I can't go to Roo this year because it's so far away from LA but I hear Coachella is awesome and I can't wait to go! I just want to know what it is I'm walking into before I show up with goodies and find out it's jail-able offense in Cali, ha! That would suck balls.

TN_Mike
01-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Haha welcome to the board TN_Mike. Only 5 posts and you're already getting a ton of shit.

From what I've picked up on here people have been able to bring them in. I'm a first timer so i can't speak from experience but one guy told me he rocked his all 3 days last year.

The biggest advice i can give you from having snuck them into other festivals (full of booze which was ALWAYS against the rules) is to:

-Hang back for a second and watch the lines, usually some security thoroughly search people, others clearly hate their job and do little other than glance into your bag<---THIS is the most important piece

-Hide the tube from the reservoir, prob put in your shorts pocket

-Keep the other pockets of your hydration pack wide open and make it very easy for them to search, try and conceal the pocket that holds the bladder.

If worst comes to worst I'm going to keep the reservoir empty, take it out of the bag and wrap it around my waist. My pack is a nalgene brand and not easily discerned as a hydration pack.

-Good luck

Thanks for the info man, pretty much what I figured. When I'm battling cotton mouth from all the fun at the festival and in the front row of MGMT the only thing that makes it tolerable is having a camelback full of water on my back. I probably would pass out if I didn't have one.

psychic friend
01-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Sorry dude, but I am most definitely a Tennessee man! Ha, I can't go to Roo this year because it's so far away from LA but I hear Coachella is awesome and I can't wait to go! I just want to know what it is I'm walking into before I show up with goodies and find out it's jail-able offense in Cali, ha! That would suck balls.

i dont think its illegal, but they are not allowed in the venue.

bezus
01-26-2010, 02:57 PM
http://www.gizmodiva.com/entry_images/1109/24/WineRack_Bra.jpg

truths
01-26-2010, 03:06 PM
thats a nifty milk dispenser

mountmccabe
01-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Why did they show it filled with urine?