PDA

View Full Version : Sahara Tent Must Sees

seriouslypeople
01-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Discovering Plastikman right now.

WHOA. I can only assume that everyone will be tripping.

Who else are your Sahara Tent MUST SEES (besides him and ORBITAL!!!!!)

boarderwoozel3
01-25-2010, 07:55 PM
2manyDJs
Erol Alkan

Wheres the beef?
01-25-2010, 07:59 PM
2manyDJs
Erol Alkan

So Orbital is just kind of a passing whim? Maybe if nothing else is going on? :)

Must Sees:
Proxy
Wolfgang Gartner
2manydjs
Orbital
Plastikman
Glitch Mob

ELECtROjan
01-25-2010, 08:00 PM
^ yes.

truths
01-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Im in your saharas raping your ptots!

Rusko and Pablo Hassan this year for sure... Too much good rock this lineup. not really lookin forward to the edm

Actually add wolfgang gartner to my list. proppper electro. sick producer

discobotica
01-25-2010, 08:04 PM
DJ Lance Rock
Erol Alkan
Proxy
Kaskade
Hot Chip (if they're in the Sahara this year)
2ManyDJ's
Dirty South
Flying Lotus
Orbital (!!!!!!!!!)
Plastikman
Club 75

boarderwoozel3
01-25-2010, 08:05 PM
So Orbital is just kind of a passing whim? Maybe if nothing else is going on? :)

Must Sees:
Proxy
Wolfgang Gartner
2manydjs
Orbital
Plastikman
Glitch Mob
Ha. Pish-posh. Some things are a given.

Brochella
01-25-2010, 08:06 PM
orbital
plastikman
proxy
2manyDJs
DJ lance rock...seriously....party in my tummy

as well as pretty lights and flying lotus if they end up playing the dance tent. i want to see club 75 as well but i imagine i won't be able to due to glut of awesome sunday acts

boarderwoozel3
01-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Im in your saharas raping your ptots!

Rusko and Pablo Hassan this year for sure... Too much good rock this lineup. not really lookin forward to the edm

Actually add wolfgang gartner to my list. proppper electro. sick producer

Is Pablo Hassan Dubstep? He's probably playing at noon anyway.

rage patton
01-25-2010, 08:09 PM
DJ FUCKING LANCE ROCK

juloxx
01-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Infected
Benny Bennassi

Brochella
01-25-2010, 08:13 PM
why are the first 4 posts of this thread sans dj lance rock?

Wheres the beef?
01-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Is Pablo Hassan Dubstep? He's probably playing at noon anyway.

Th0iDJfkYiA

steve7268
01-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Glitch Mob. Great in theory, boring live... at least when i saw them. Maybe they'll be better at Coachella.

sonicc
01-25-2010, 08:20 PM
jokes aside, what the fuck is lance rock playing? is he really playing that yummy tummy stuff? or does he do normal dj sets?

discobotica
01-25-2010, 08:33 PM
why are the first 4 posts of this thread sans dj lance rock?

first 5 actually, if u include the original post.........n00b sauce, obvi......

Wheres the beef?
01-25-2010, 08:34 PM
first 5 actually, if u include the original post.........n00b sauce, obvi......

Make me a believer.

WhyTheLongFace
01-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Flying Lotus. Because he remixes Gucci Mane :)

juloxx
01-25-2010, 08:39 PM
^^^ you mean Flying Lotus remix's this guy?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZMm3nhYfU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZMm3nhYfU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dalen
01-25-2010, 08:41 PM
RUSKO!!!!!!!!!

Wheres the beef?
01-25-2010, 08:42 PM
DJ FUCKING LANCE ROCK

FUCKING POST A YOUTUBE SHOWING ME WHY I SHOULD CARE :)

Brochella
01-25-2010, 08:49 PM

if you can't appreciate the inherent absurd hilarity of this dude doing his thing in the sahara tent in front of thousands of rolling hipster kids then you need to re-examine your lifeplan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgLnF2nFjzk

James
01-25-2010, 08:51 PM
ORBITAL

deadmau5, depending on conflicts
DJ Lance Rock
Plastikman
Proxy
Flylo
Wolfgang Gartner

Sahara isn't quite as stacked with acts this year, but the quality is better without a doubt.

LeK5Y
01-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Proxy
Club 75 (Busy P is the man)
Orbital
Wolfgang Gartner
Deadmau5 (His new stage setup sounds interesting)

metalfag
01-25-2010, 10:16 PM

Must Sees:
Proxy
Wolfgang Gartner
2manydjs
Orbital
Plastikman
Glitch Mob

add Club 75 and if Boys Noize gets added, and you got yourself a deal

sonicc
01-25-2010, 10:25 PM
i say we get AFROJACK to tear the sahara a new asshole...dutch muthafuckin' house

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PTlTdFb7hp8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PTlTdFb7hp8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

ELECtROjan
01-25-2010, 10:31 PM
if you can't appreciate the inherent absurd hilarity of this dude doing his thing in the sahara tent in front of thousands of rolling hipster kids then you need to re-examine your lifeplan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgLnF2nFjzk

to embed the video in the forum copy the Embed Code from youtube. When posting click Go Advanced, click the Youtube logo button in the menu above and paste the link in between. Click Submit Reply

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YgLnF2nFjzk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YgLnF2nFjzk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

brycerosen
01-26-2010, 04:45 AM
Orbital
Deadmou5
Pretty Lights
DJ Lance Rock
LCD & Hot Chip if in Sahara?
Club 75
Bassnectar
Flying Lotus
Tiesto, yeah i said it
Infected Mushroom
Erol only for me cause there's less electro
2manyDJ's <-so they are soulwax with out instruments?

discobotica
01-26-2010, 11:12 AM

I don't need to add a single thing that Brochella hasn't already stated, except this......

u care now?

Distorted_Jungle
01-26-2010, 11:20 AM
DJ LANCE ROCK WILL NOT BE IN THE SAHARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJ Lance Rock will be in the Mojave, probably around the same time slot as Peanut Butter Wolf was last year.

My Sahara Must Sees:

Erol Alkan
Proxy
Wolfgang Gartner
2manyDJs
Bassnectar
Pretty Lights
Plastikman
Club 75
Glitch Mob

LunaVC
01-26-2010, 11:34 AM
COACHELLA! PLEASE BOOK MAW FOR NEXT YEAR.

ORBITAL CAN SUCK ON AN EGG ROLL

juloxx
01-26-2010, 12:09 PM
to embed the video in the forum copy the Embed Code from youtube. When posting click Go Advanced, click the Youtube logo button in the menu above and paste the link in between. Click Submit Reply

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YgLnF2nFjzk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YgLnF2nFjzk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dude, that was one of the funniest/best intro's to a set I have ever seen. The only thing that would make it better is if he spliced scenes from the movie Commando into it.

I have no idea who this guy is, but I will be there. Maybe on drugs.

Leeartlee
01-26-2010, 12:43 PM
ORBITAL CAN SUCK ON AN EGG ROLL

This is a no-no.

HEATER
01-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Rusko
Flying Lotus
Bassnectar
DJ Lance Rock
Club 75
Would Z-trip and Major Lazer be in the Sahara? if so them too

First Coachella not sure but it seems the sahara is the ravey side of things

gooftroop
01-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Rusko
Flying Lotus
Bassnectar
DJ Lance Rock
Club 75
Would Z-trip and Major Lazer be in the Sahara? if so them too

First Coachella not sure but it seems the sahara is the ravey side of things

LOL, the ravey side of things, that's putting it lightly. Major Lazer will DEFINITELY be in the Sahara, z-trip too probably.

For me Orbital is the must see above all this weekend in the Sahara. 2manydj's, Flylo and bassnectar not far behind. I've heard a lot about plastikman but have listened to basically nothing, what should I check out first? Sadly there are SO many good acts on Sunday some are going to have to be sacrificed.

Proxy is my #1 Sahara act for Friday, really digging his stuff. Wolfgang Gartner close 2nd, I agree DJ Lance Rock could easily be somewhere besides the Sahara unless he plays early.

beatboy
01-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Glitch Mob. Great in theory, boring live... at least when i saw them. Maybe they'll be better at Coachella.

yeah, instead of glitch mob, BIRDY NAM NAM!!!, should be add on sunday, they are killers

20something
01-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Erol for sure. Is Hot Chip in Sahara?

Distorted_Jungle
01-26-2010, 02:15 PM
yeah, instead of glitch mob, BIRDY NAM NAM!!!, should be add on sunday, they are killers

You sir are a jackass, why would you substitute a glitch artist with an electro act?

I would love to see birdy nam nam, but to think glitch mob should be traded out is retarded. There is room for more Sahara acts on sunday already anyways, so why not just add Birdy Nam Nam.

NachoCat
02-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Ive kinda been out of the scene for a little while. Is there any DnB this year?? no one i recognized

higgybaby23
02-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Ive kinda been out of the scene for a little while. Is there any DnB this year?? no one i recognized

No pure dnb so far, but it's possible a dnb artist could be added to the Dome or Do Lab.

GuyInTucson
02-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Z-Trip in the Sahara? In any of the three times I went to Coachella and Z-Trip was there, he was NOT in the Sahara tent.

In fact, I am not sure some of these acts being listed are for-sure Sahara Tent acts.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Z-Trip in the Sahara? In any of the three times I went to Coachella and Z-Trip was there, he was NOT in the Sahara tent.

In fact, I am not sure some of these acts being listed are for-sure Sahara Tent acts.

Agreed. I think we should be expecting some Sahara adds, to be honest.

Distorted_Jungle
02-16-2010, 10:41 AM

As many raves as i saw him on over the past year or so i could see Z-Trip playing the Sahara, wouldn't be shocking if he didn't though. I would have to agree on the additions though, i still think there is a decent amount of room for adds on sunday being as Platikman is now confirmed for only an hour set.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-16-2010, 10:43 AM
As many raves as i saw him on over the past year or so i could see Z-Trip playing the Sahara, wouldn't be shocking if he didn't though. I would have to agree on the additions though, i still think there is a decent amount of room for adds on sunday being as Platikman is now confirmed for only an hour set.

O RRY? Where did that confirmation come from?

guedita
02-16-2010, 10:48 AM
MJA:http://www.plastikman.com/ states that it will be a "highly concentrated 60 minute experience"

malcolmjamalawesome
02-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Nice.

HAMMERHEAD
02-16-2010, 11:16 AM

i think z-trip gets a mid afternoon slot in the sahara. assuming tiesto does close out main stage i think theres room for him in there on saturday. i also agree the sahara has some room for adds.

Cocoon06
02-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Sahara must see...

Friday: Erol Alkan, Aeroplane
Saturday: 2manyDJs
Sunday: Orbital, Plastikman, Club 75

Distorted_Jungle
02-16-2010, 11:47 AM
i think z-trip gets a mid afternoon slot in the sahara. assuming tiesto does close out main stage i think theres room for him in there on saturday. i also agree the sahara has some room for adds.

How high he is on the poster makes me think the only stage he would play durring the day would be the outdoor or main, neither of which i ever see him playing on.

guedita
02-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Sahara must see...

Friday: Erol Alkan, Aeroplane
Saturday: 2manyDJs
Sunday: Orbital, Plastikman, Club 75

Add Wolfgang to your Friday list, Cocoon.

GuyInTucson
02-16-2010, 11:53 AM

Z-Trip used to play a ton of parties here in Tucson even well before his Coachella days. Back when he was with the bombshelter DJ's with Radar and Emile, he used to play Sound Factory parties a lot.

Still, the only tents I ever saw Z-Trip in were the Gobi and Mojave tents. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of these acts people think will be in the sahara in the other tents or on a stage. I remember 2003 when everyone thought Dirty Vegas was going to be in the Sahara and they ended up playing in the Mojave.

Distorted_Jungle
02-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Z-Trip used to play a ton of parties here in Tucson even well before his Coachella days. Back when he was with the bombshelter DJ's with Radar and Emile, he used to play Sound Factory parties a lot.

Still, the only tents I ever saw Z-Trip in were the Gobi and Mojave tents. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of these acts people think will be in the sahara in the other tents or on a stage. I remember 2003 when everyone thought Dirty Vegas was going to be in the Sahara and they ended up playing in the Mojave.

Being from AZ i'm not shocked you've known about Z-Trip for so long since he's from there. I know there have been plenty of expected sahara acts that have ended up elsewhere, Roni Size comes to mind from last year, but i still think he can be in the Sahara.

kingz10fan
02-16-2010, 01:35 PM
z-trip will play the outdoor theatre like dj shadow did a few years back