PDA

View Full Version : Temporary guardianship work to get in?

shakur
01-25-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm trying to camp with my brother and friends this year, but I'm only 17.. Does any one know if a temporary guardianship form would be ok for the weekend so I could camp? At least this will be my last year to have to worry about this haha

http://www.free-legal-document.com/free-temporary-guardianship-form.html

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-25-2010, 05:36 PM
I have a feeling it'll probably work in the same manner that it did at Shambhala

Attendees who are age 18 or younger must be under the supervision of a responsible adult chaperon at all times. A chaperon can be a) the child's parent(s) or b) someone, 25 years of age or older, who has a notarized letter from the child's parent(s) giving the child permission to travel with and be at the festival with the named chaperon. The note MUST be signed by a Notary Public, or it is NOT VALID.

Each parent and/or chaperon and child in their care will report to the Will Call booth, where Shambhala will issue a special wristband to the youth and parent/chaperon. These wristbands will be used by staff to easily identify minors with their chaperon/parent, and will be a different colour from the general admission wristbands.

Required of parents bringing their children:

-Birth certificate with parent's names and child's name on it (or a copy of this document).
-Photo ID or 2 pieces of ID for the child/children.
-Your photo ID.
-You must be with your child/children at all times.

Required of chaperones to children age 18 and younger:

-Photo ID or 2 pieces of ID for the child/children.
-Your photo ID.
-A copy of Shambhala's form letter for attendees 18 and under who are attending with someone other than a parent, signed by a Notary Public.
-A photocopy of the notarized letter that Shambhala may keep for its records.
-You must be with the child you are chaperoning at all times. If a child is found without a chaperon, the chaperon and child will be asked to leave the property.

however take with a grain of salt.

Stickjohn
01-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Aren't there bears at Shambhala though?