PDA

View Full Version : I take back everything I said about Jay-Z headlining; should've been mos def.

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2010, 11:45 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9jvjx_mos-def-casa-bey-on-late-night-with_shortfilms

With four days' warning, I unknowingly agreed to back Mos on the equivalent of the hip-hop "Rites of Spring on 45" mashed with Frank Zappa's worst rhythm nightmare. I kicked, screamed, protested, told Mos and his label, "Fuck you, you ain't ruining my rep with a song that changes meters six times in the first 30 seconds!" Then it hit me four hours before showtime: "Mos is tryin to test us!" We did the craziest cram ever known to man. With two hours left, we listened to the song about 19 times without interruption before we even attempted to practice, and then we went over it an additional 20 times before we got it halfway decent. We kept all the show songs real simple while cheat cramming in rehearsals and what do you know: We asked for a five-minute cram session and friggin' Davided the shit outta that Goliath! That was the hardest challenge and we came out victorious.

-?uestlove

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-24-2010, 11:48 PM
but mos def is headlining. with the Gorillaz.

alex gardner
01-25-2010, 12:05 AM
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/lock1.jpg

PrettyRagdoll
01-25-2010, 02:42 AM
Have you HEARD Supermagic? That song is insanely dope.

woogie846
01-25-2010, 12:44 PM
If you believe Mos Def has the same headlining power as Jay-Z, you seriously need to think again.

juloxx
01-25-2010, 12:50 PM
If you believe Mos Def has the same headlining power as Jay-Z, you seriously need to think again.

/thread

Dogvolta
01-25-2010, 12:54 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9jvjx_mos-def-casa-bey-on-late-night-with_shortfilms

With four days' warning, I unknowingly agreed to back Mos on the equivalent of the hip-hop "Rites of Spring on 45" mashed with Frank Zappa's worst rhythm nightmare. I kicked, screamed, protested, told Mos and his label, "Fuck you, you ain't ruining my rep with a song that changes meters six times in the first 30 seconds!" Then it hit me four hours before showtime: "Mos is tryin to test us!" We did the craziest cram ever known to man. With two hours left, we listened to the song about 19 times without interruption before we even attempted to practice, and then we went over it an additional 20 times before we got it halfway decent. We kept all the show songs real simple while cheat cramming in rehearsals and what do you know: We asked for a five-minute cram session and friggin' Davided the shit outta that Goliath! That was the hardest challenge and we came out victorious.

-?uestlove

Am I seriously the only one who did not understand a fucking thing after reading this?

Dweezy7
01-25-2010, 01:14 PM
mos def and jigga dont have same headlining power even though mos may be iller...

Peep Respiration - Black starr featuring common

Mr. Dylanja
01-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Spell Black Star right before you recommend them, Dweebzy.