PDA

View Full Version : Recommend 3 acts

Radiohead
01-24-2010, 11:04 AM
I don't think anyone's already started something like this:

This post is a reference for anyone who's looking for bands on the lineup that they've never heard that they should get into. Give three recommendations, and I'll try to keep a running tally of how manny recommendations each artist has. As a general rule, only recommend acts that you suspect some people haven't heard (avoid listing headliners). Also, no dissing other people's recommendations or talking about bands that you don't like, that'll just make this more difficult. I'll start with my three recommendations.

Mayer Hawthorne 2
Beach House 2
Gossip 1
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros 1
Hockey 1
Whitest Boy Alive 1
King Khan and the Shrines 1
Public Image Ltd. 1
Sleigh Bells 1
Baroness 1
Local native 1
The Big Pink 1
White Rabbits 1
Camera Obscura 1
Yann Tiersen 1
Cribs 1
The Soft Pack 1
Flying Lotus 1
Grizzly Bear 1

Recommended by People Trying to Be Funny:

Dave Matthews Band 1
Michael Bolton 1
Gucci Mane 1

NOTE: It's been brought to my attention that there's a somewhat similar thread that's already been started, but I still think that the fact that this one keeps track of the number of people who have recommended an act makes it useful, so I'll keep it going until people lose interest.

schavira
01-24-2010, 11:07 AM
The Whitest Boy Alive
King Khan and the Shrines
Mayer Hawthorne

juloxx
01-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Dave Mathews Band
Michael Bolton
Gucci Mane

bmack86
01-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Just a suggestion: this would work a hell of a lot better if you included some reason as to why you were recommending them. Like, for example, recommend a band and put a youtube of your favorite song by them or write an impassioned plea for them. I'll start:

Public Image, LTD

7rtwiMFDWa0

Sleigh Bells

3z8ppcFGPlY

Baroness

u7En__uQciQ

shotglass75
01-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Local Natives
QuljnrCfBNw

The Big Pink
CllJKSlj3vQ

White Rabbits
AwgEcQaFOzc

ruskinator
01-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Beach House
Camera Obscura
Yann Tiersen

shermanoaksyo
01-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Cribs, Beach House, The Soft Pack

Natelevmofuggaz
01-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Flying Lotus.

http://vimeo.com/7899956

Grizzly Bear

Mayer Hawthorne

JustSteve
01-24-2010, 12:31 PM
I don't think anyone's already started something like this:

This post is a reference for anyone who's looking for bands on the lineup that they've never heard that they should get into. Give three recommendations, and I'll try to keep a running tally of how manny recommendations each artist has. As a general rule, only recommend acts that you suspect some people haven't heard (avoid listing headliners). Also, no dissing other people's recommendations or talking about bands that you don't like, that'll just make this more difficult. I'll start with my three recommendations.

Gossip
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Hockey

how original...

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35490

Radiohead
01-24-2010, 12:41 PM
how original...

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35490

I admit that I did not see that thread, and it is similar, but they are different, in that this one is trying to compile a simpler list of recommendations, with the number of people who have recommended each act.