PDA

View Full Version : Any way to avoid Ticketmaster?

Radiohead
01-24-2010, 09:53 AM
I already bought my Coachella tickets, but now I'm just curious:

Is there any way to avoid dealing with Ticketmaster when purchasing Coachella tickets?

I understand that for contractual reasons, the festival probably has to give Ticketmaster a virtual monopoly, but I think people should be more vocal about how much that sucks. I'm not sure how to go about doing this, since an actual boycott would just mean that most of us would miss the festival entirely this year. But seriously, I wish we had other options. Even if it's not a true monopoly in the strictest sense of the word, it's about as close as you can get.

guedita
01-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Yeah, buy your ticket at one of the outlets in person.

The places are listed under the "Ticket" page.

Radiohead
01-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I should have been more specific -

Anywhere not in the L.A./Orange County area? For anyone who doesn't live within reasonable driving distance of those locations, is there any other option?

BrettShipes
01-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Nope. Sorry.

CALRIZIAN
01-24-2010, 04:16 PM
You can buy them at the festival the day of for $100

for some reason nobody ever mentions this

I cant say 100% if they will do it this year but they have the past 3 years Ive gone

candi
01-24-2010, 04:21 PM
if you're in socal, buy them at one of the places the ticket page says. the glass house in pomona sells them. that's a great venue, btw.

BROKENDOLL
01-24-2010, 04:35 PM
if anyone wants to buy off tickets at a reduced price let me know. i have something up i need to sell them off. i have 2 tickets. i'll send u the receipt everything if anyone is interested. u dont have to pay now, u can pay in April. PM if interested.

Section GA5, Row 2
Seat 29 GA Coachella 3 Day Pass
Seat 30 GA Coachella 3 Day Pass
10 posts/ 10 different threads for tickets at a reduced price that you don't have to pay for until April??? Let me guess...you printed them yourself, right?

nil_by_mouth
01-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Let me guess...you printed them yourself, right?

Don't be so rude.

The dude spent a lot of time on photoshop getting the bar code right.