PDA

View Full Version : Does everyone need a camping wristband for one car/spot/tent?

didimydoe3
01-23-2010, 09:42 PM
I remember last year they gave you a green wristband. I just need to know if my girlfriend and I both need passes. I assume?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-23-2010, 09:55 PM
did you read the FAQ?
or are you just trying to be stupid?

Suffacated
01-23-2010, 09:57 PM
One camping/car pass is good for the person driving as well as those riding with him /her in his/her vehicle. In order to receive a camping pass/wrist band, you will more than likely also need to purchase a Coachella wrist band/ticket.

didimydoe3
01-23-2010, 10:05 PM
One camping/car pass is good for the person driving as well as those riding with him /her in his/her vehicle. In order to receive a camping pass/wrist band, you will more than likely also need to purchase a Coachella wrist band/ticket.

Hey thanks. You're not a prick. I guess for every nice person there's a fucker lurking...somewhere...

BROKENDOLL
01-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Hey thanks. You're not a prick. I guess for every nice person there's a fucker lurking...somewhere...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mM-VvLvmV6o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mM-VvLvmV6o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JustSteve
01-23-2010, 10:13 PM

i am wondering if they will even have camping wristbands this year, especially since a festival pass is required to be able to camp in the first place.

Suffacated
01-23-2010, 10:25 PM
i am wondering if they will even have camping wristbands this year, especially since a festival pass is required to be able to camp in the first place.

I'm wondering too....I'm sure they will have some kind of camping wrist band to identify you from those not camping.
A festival pass will only get you into the festival. If you want to camp, you need to have a camping/car pass or you need ride in with someone who has purchased a camping/car pass. Remember, a camping/car pass is good for 1 vehicle, its driver and those riding in that vehicle.

gaypalmsprings
01-23-2010, 10:30 PM
I wonder.

http://skepacabra.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/monkey-thinking.jpg

JustSteve
01-23-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm wondering too....I'm sure they will have some kind of camping wrist band to identify you from those not camping.
A festival pass will only get you into the festival. If you want to camp, you need to have a camping/car pass or you need ride in with someone who has purchased a camping/car pass. Remember, a camping/car pass is good for 1 vehicle, its driver and those riding in that vehicle.

don't think that is true, from the camping faq:
"Every car entering the Car Camping area must have (1) Car Camping spot ticket to enter. In addition, everyone entering Car camping is required to have a festival ticket."

to me it sounds like your car may get a pass and they will check everyone's festival tickets and put you wristband on when you come in, which will be good for everything, camping and festival entrance.

JClemy
01-23-2010, 10:41 PM
It really sounds like you only need the camping pass to get the car in. That means the campgrounds are fair game. Yikes!

Suffacated
01-23-2010, 10:42 PM
I wonder.

http://skepacabra.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/monkey-thinking.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/Suffacated/POLO/twinkie.jpg

Can I call you twinkie?

JustSteve
01-23-2010, 10:44 PM
It really sounds like you only need the camping pass to get the car in. That means the campgrounds are fair game. Yikes!

yup:
"Can I bring my friends into camp?

Sure, as long as everyone has a festival ticket you can have them come to your camping spot."

Suffacated
01-23-2010, 10:44 PM
don't think that is true, from the camping faq:
"Every car entering the Car Camping area must have (1) Car Camping spot ticket to enter. In addition, everyone entering Car camping is required to have a festival ticket."

to me it sounds like your car may get a pass and they will check everyone's festival tickets and put you wristband on when you come in, which will be good for everything, camping and festival entrance.

Isn't that similar to what I tried to explain?

JustSteve
01-23-2010, 10:46 PM
not really:

A festival pass will only get you into the festival. If you want to camp, you need to have a camping/car pass or you need ride in with someone who has purchased a camping/car pass.

i don't think there will be a separate camping wristband since anyone with a festival pass is allowed into the campgrounds. not like they are going to be driving around after a certain hour kicking out people with only a festival pass.

Suffacated
01-23-2010, 11:12 PM
not really:

i don't think there will be a separate camping wristband since anyone with a festival pass is allowed in.

OK. I give up trying to explain. I'm a dumb ass and I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about . Besides, I'm not on GV's payroll, I don't get paid to debate or argue and it's not my problem.
Dani or someone from GV will need to explain this.
It only takes a tiny bit of common sense to figure this out.

psychic friend
01-24-2010, 12:01 AM
and clearly some people are lacking it.

M Sparks
01-24-2010, 11:53 AM

The thing is, most of us "pricks" already answered these questions nicely at one point or another, or at lease politely pointed people in the right direction. Around about the 50th time in a week, people start to snap.

EDIT- Plus, there's the whole thing where the festival organizers actually go to the trouble of making a website and putting information on it, which most people refuse to read.