PDA

View Full Version : snowboarding pics

chairmenmeow47
02-21-2007, 01:48 PM
for those who are bored enough to paruse my gallery, here are some pics (http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/sunrise-snowbunnies-2-2007) from my snowboarding trip to sunrise this past weekend with my friend jill.

we had a blast! snowed sunday. no big spills on my part either!!! the drive home was gorgeous :)

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/sunrise-snowbunnies-2-2007/005_fire_in_the_sky.sized.jpg

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/sunrise-snowbunnies-2-2007/026_p_a_n_o_r_a_m_a.sized.jpg

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/sunrise-snowbunnies-2-2007/111_snow_bunnies.sized.jpg

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/sunrise-snowbunnies-2-2007/140_simply_beautiful.sized.jpg

and if you have any awesome snowboarding pics to share, i'd love to see them!!! :)

SojuGorae
02-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Just went last week and going again this weekend. Will post pics and videos.

chairmenmeow47
02-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Just went last week and going again this weekend. Will post pics and videos.

word, where'd ya go?

we didn't get any video on the slopes, but i wish we had. my friend's kinda new to the digital camera thing though ;)

i tried to get video of the snow falling, but it didn't really turn out. there is video of the credits of this hilarious work-out video off the BYU channel though!

SojuGorae
02-21-2007, 01:58 PM
word, where'd ya go?

we didn't get any video on the slopes, but i wish we had. my friend's kinda new to the digital camera thing though ;)

i tried to get video of the snow falling, but it didn't really turn out. there is video of the credits of this hilarious work-out video off the BYU channel though!
Went to a crappy local ski park, Mt. High, to go night boarding after leaving early from a company retreat in San Bernardino.

The videos I'll be posting will be me eating it mostly from trying to clear jumps. Should be a laugh.

dinosaurateme
02-21-2007, 01:59 PM
i went snowboarding for the 1st time this winter. i sucked at it and will probably never do it again.

J~$$$
02-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Do you ever snowboard at the Arizona Snowbowl? My goal in life is to snowboard every continent in multipule countries.

chairmenmeow47
02-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Went to a crappy local ski park, Mt. High, to go night boarding after leaving early from a company retreat in San Bernardino.

The videos I'll be posting will be me eating it mostly from trying to clear jumps. Should be a laugh.

ha ha ha ha, hell, at least you're trying! i stay far, far away from jumps. i just like getting down in one piece :rotfl

sunrise isn't the best mountain either, but it's only a few hours away so that's why we went there. last year we went to whistler and i feel spoiled now. they had the best snow in 100 years.

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/oh-canadaaaa-2-2006/168_mountains.sized.jpg

they have the nintendo terrain park too which looked bad ass. i'd never get on that shit, but i sat by the fence for a good half hour oogling at people.

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/oh-canadaaaa-2-2006/167_nintendo_terrain_park.sized.jpg

chairmenmeow47
02-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Do you ever snowboard at the Arizona Snowbowl? My goal in life is to snowboard every continent in multipul countries.

i went there in 2005. unforunately my ex has all the pictures and i'd rather not have to talk to them than get pics from that trip ;)

there was great snow on that trip. i tend to get lucky with having good snow when i go.

normally, i try to go somewhere different every year. 2003 was sunrise, 2004 was durango, 2005 was snowbowl, 2006 was whistler and this year was sunrise again. i couldn't really afford to do anything big.

have you ever boarded in europe? if so, can you recommend any travel tips? my friend and i would like to give that a go.

amyzzz
02-21-2007, 02:06 PM
I've skied Snowbowl. I don't snowboard. Heck, is it skiied or skied? I went to Snow Basin in Utah several years back, and I'd have to say that's the best resort I've been to. I think it may have been the last time I've skiied as well. :(

J~$$$
02-21-2007, 02:13 PM
have you ever boarded in europe? if so, can you recommend any travel tips? my friend and i would like to give that a go.

I have some friends that leave next month to go ride in the Portes du Soleil area of France. I hear its a beautiful area with many slopes. Its old quaint farm towns that have been turned into ski towns/resorts. Im super jealous.

Im trying get up to Valdez, Alaska this summer and go heli-boarding. I love whistler/blackcomb, that mountain is so huge the other one above Vacouver is pretty nice too (sorry I forgot the name). My ultimate goal Is to ride in Iran and Japan just to say that I have done it.

SojuGorae
02-21-2007, 02:14 PM
ha ha ha ha, hell, at least you're trying! i stay far, far away from jumps. i just like getting down in one piece :rotfl

sunrise isn't the best mountain either, but it's only a few hours away so that's why we went there. last year we went to whistler and i feel spoiled now. they had the best snow in 100 years.

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/oh-canadaaaa-2-2006/168_mountains.sized.jpg

they have the nintendo terrain park too which looked bad ass. i'd never get on that shit, but i sat by the fence for a good half hour oogling at people.

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/oh-canadaaaa-2-2006/167_nintendo_terrain_park.sized.jpg
I've heard wonderful things about Whistler but never been.

Nintendo terrain sounds like a hoot. I need details, por favor.

downingthief
02-21-2007, 02:19 PM
I've heard wonderful things about Whistler but never been.

Nintendo terrain sounds like a hoot. I need details, por favor.

Whistler is gorgeous. It's a must for anyone, especially skiers.

chairmenmeow47
02-21-2007, 02:20 PM
i'd love to go to utah, amy. i've heard nothing but good things!

and J~$$$, i hear japan has INDOOR ski parks. if you ever go, try to find one of those!!!

the nintendo terrain park is just a section of the of the blackcomb mountain devoted soley to jumps and rails and such. you have to buy a special ticket for the park though. also, they play music on the run too.

whistler is EXPENSIVE though. not just the park, but EVERYTHING is expensive. luckily, my friend works for the four seasons, so at least we got our room free!

canada pics (lots) (http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/oh-canadaaaa-2-2006?page=1)

Matty22Fatty
02-21-2007, 07:59 PM
I was out at Killington (that's in VT for all you west coasters) this past weekend. There was a small blizzard last week, which gave ue the best conditions that I'd seen for a few years. Heavy, thick powder and it even snowed again Saturday night and into Sunday. The whole mountain was open and I spent most of the weekend riding in the woods. It was amazing...I was so sad to leave!

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera out to the mountain this time. I do have some older photos that I'll try to dig up and share with you guys...at some point at least.

chairmenmeow47
02-22-2007, 07:38 AM
I was out at Killington (that's in VT for all you west coasters) this past weekend. There was a small blizzard last week, which gave ue the best conditions that I'd seen for a few years. Heavy, thick powder and it even snowed again Saturday night and into Sunday. The whole mountain was open and I spent most of the weekend riding in the woods. It was amazing...I was so sad to leave!

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera out to the mountain this time. I do have some older photos that I'll try to dig up and share with you guys...at some point at least.

that sounds so beautiful, i'm jealous!!!

and yes, please post pics :)

york707
02-22-2007, 07:44 AM
I skiied in Whistler in High School and it was just awesome.

I have skiied at only one place in Europe - at Verbier, Switzerland. It was good, but we went on the first weekend of the season and were skiing in white out blizzard conditions, which is particularly fun when you are skiing above the treeline.

kroqken
06-01-2007, 09:15 AM
I have noticed that most decent snowboarders tend to be shorter in height. That leaves my 6'2" frame out. Also, don't a lot of snowboarders smoke marijuana or is that a false stereotype?

chairmenmeow47
06-01-2007, 09:18 AM
i would say the stereotype is correct.

kroqken
06-01-2007, 09:19 AM
I thought so. Just checking.

canexplain
06-01-2007, 09:22 AM
I have noticed that most decent snowboarders tend to be shorter in height. That leaves my 6'2" frame out. Also, don't a lot of snowboarders smoke marijuana or is that a false stereotype?

we dont stereotype here dude, got a light :) .... i havent been snowboarding since around 89 yikes ... i just x country now ... but colorado has some of the best snowboarding and sking around ... cr****

bmack86
06-01-2007, 09:25 AM
This season was absolutely horrible. During High School, I would ski 70 to 80 days. This year, I got in 2. There wasn't enough snow to justify destroying my equipment or my knees. Hopefully next year will be better. Last season was so beautiful that, even with a sprained ankle that took me out for two and a half months, I got in 30 days. I wish we always had seasons like that.

(Amy, it's Skied. And, Skiing is great.)

canexplain
06-01-2007, 09:39 AM
This season was absolutely horrible. During High School, I would ski 70 to 80 days. This year, I got in 2. There wasn't enough snow to justify destroying my equipment or my knees. Hopefully next year will be better. Last season was so beautiful that, even with a sprained ankle that took me out for two and a half months, I got in 30 days. I wish we always had seasons like that.

bmack, what we used to do is see if we could ski every month of the year here in CO ... i did it two years ... but like you were saying about bad snow, try sking a glacier in mid august ... not fun, but it was the only snow around ... cr****

J~$$$
06-01-2007, 09:51 AM
we might be able to do it this year cr****. A basin is still open, A few years back we were riding there on the fourth of july.

bmack86
06-01-2007, 09:56 AM
bmack, what we used to do is see if we could ski every month of the year here in CO ... i did it two years ... but like you were saying about bad snow, try sking a glacier in mid august ... not fun, but it was the only snow around ... cr****

Between the last two seasons, i think I was out a total of 1 month. Mammoth was barely closed at all. They still had the mountain operating in July last year. They're already closed this season. I've done the hike and ski thing just to get some skiing in like that, off Mount Tom, which is right by my parents' house.
http://a513.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00044/21/59/44079512_l.jpg

J~$$$
06-01-2007, 09:58 AM
right by? that has to be atleast a good 45 min drive.

Edit: nice pic btw.

bmack86
06-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Naw, it's about 10 minutes. Its only about 7 miles to the base of the mountain. I wish i had a better picture, that one doesn't really give the perspective, but it was taken from their balcony. They live about 30 minutes from Mammoth.

joppy-slow
06-01-2007, 10:24 AM

I concur. this year sucked butt nuggets. i destroyed my burton by Dec. their were so many rocks exposed. we had our best days in April, and only 2 or 3 days that we got dumped on that I would say were semi epic by UT standards of snow. last year was so great... even in late Nov. we had some excellent storms..

smokealotapotamus
06-01-2007, 12:37 PM
http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/sunrise-snowbunnies-2-2007/111_snow_bunnies.sized.jpg

very consistent with the "I bite my tongue when I smile for pictures".
cute.

J~$$$
01-08-2008, 07:55 AM
I would like to bump this thread for all the skiers, snowboarders, snowshoers, climbers, ect. To discuss and post pictures/videos about their recent visits to the mountains. Also to discuss music or shows at your local resorts or music you listen to while riding or skiing. I haven't found any really good forums on this topic and I know a lot of you do ride or ski. So lets discuss.

Im a Colorado Native that learned to ski when I was 4 then when I was 13 snowboarding came to the be. I instantly fell in love with it and have been doing it ever since. I still love skiing and have decided to pick up telemarking Im going to give it a try this weekend.

Im also trying to plan a trip to Tahoe soon and would like to get suggestions on the different mountains there and the type of terrain.

J~$$$
01-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Can we move this to the misc. lounge? anyone....anyone...

KungFuJoe
01-08-2008, 08:09 AM
I recenlty went back east to visit my family for the holidays. Tried to make it to Vermont for a few days, but could only muster up a day trip to Hunter Mountain upstate NY. It's my least favorite mountain that I've snowboarded on, but being that it's been 4 years since I've gone I figured what the heck. I'm happy to report there wasn't as much rust in me as anticipated. They got a fresh 7 inches the day before I went so the conditions were pretty good, aside from being below 10 degrees F. I was nice and bundle up though.

http://a566.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/38/l_0f75740c9af15f05111ecb6dd27b4335.jpg
http://a825.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/116/l_611a614c9080b97b473c10bdc1fa8348.jpg

I still have yet to hit the slopes of the west coast. I'm hoping this year I'll make the trip to Mammoth. Or at least Bear or Sunrise. What's the better of those two?

J~$$$
01-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Have you ever been to Stratton? Whats the downside to Hunter Mountain? It doesn't seem very big.

KungFuJoe
01-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Have you ever been to Stratton? Whats the downside to Hunter Mountain? It doesn't seem very big.

Never been to Stratton, unfortunately. I'm a big fan of Killington. Went to Stowe once, but that was mainly to watch the xgames. Hunter Mt sucks because it is most definately small, but also way too crowded for its size. The only other Moutains I've been to are Camelback, PA - Sugarloaf, Maine - and Mont Tremblant, Quebec. I really need to explore more mountains.

J~$$$
01-08-2008, 08:39 AM
I heard when killington gets some good snow that is a great place to ride. I went to Heavenly when I was younger so I dont know much about it. So yeah I cant be of much advice on the Tahoe area. I think Bmack lives up there or his family does, so he knows more about the west coast resorts.

How was Mont Tremblant, Quebec?

If you have never been to the US rockies its the place to try atleast once. Idaho seems to be getting a lot more attention for their mountains too.

KungFuJoe
01-08-2008, 08:56 AM
I definately hope to hit up the Rockies sometime within the next couple of years. I am also trying to plan a trip to Vancouver. I'm thinking 2010 for the Winter Olympics. May not be able to take in much skiing, but I'd love to catch some hockey.

Killington is a great mountain when the conditions are good. Tons of trails to cover. It could take you 2 or 3 days to explore the whole mountain. Some real nice off the beaten paths as well. Mont Tremnlant, Quebec was amazing from what I remember of it. It was only my 3rd time skiing and it was the biggest mountain I've ever been too. Hadn't tried snowboarding there, but I'd love to go back. The snow was great.

J~$$$
01-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Which ski resort?

J~$$$
01-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Oooh Canidah! You have some wicked bowls at sunshine Village. Delirium dive looks scary. Is that what your last picture is of?

J~$$$
01-08-2008, 10:45 AM
I have never been but I would love to visit I have been to whistler/blackcomb but they get that wet shitty snow albeit a lot of it. You get the fluffy stuff right? (champagne powder?) We get that kind of snow here and we are getting dumped on this year. I just like to do a lot of research on the different mountains out there. I keep telling myself that im going to sell it all and just ski/snowboard for the rest of my life.....someday. How have the snow totals been there this year?

algunz
01-19-2008, 10:40 PM
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/alessandragunz/IMG_0308.jpg

algunz
01-19-2008, 10:45 PM
We're spending a week at Tamarack in Mammoth soon. I'll post more pix then.

DANCE MAGIC
01-24-2011, 03:28 PM
why did you just bump a thread that is two years old and totally irrelevant?

rage patton
01-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Hey, at least she used the "Search" function. More than most lurkers can say.

Aurgasm
01-24-2011, 03:36 PM
well since it is here... I have a condo up in Aspen rented for this weekend. A few of us are getting down for X-games.

Let me know if anyone is in town.. P A R T Y

chairmenmeow47
01-24-2011, 03:37 PM
we should merge this with "winter fun". i don't remember creating this thread.

DANCE MAGIC
01-24-2011, 04:00 PM
we should merge this with "winter fun". i don't remember creating this thread.

probably because it was like 4 years ago.

303dubbin
01-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Vail and breckenridge have been getting such amazing snow. Powder everywhere! Next time I go up I'll snap some photos.