PDA

View Full Version : ITT you will rationally explain why you're disappointed at Jay-Z headlining Friday

BeeII
01-23-2010, 02:10 AM
*just saying "he sucks" is not going to cut it.
i don't get all the hate. is it because he's mainstream hip-hop? because he doesn't "fit" coachella? what is it?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-23-2010, 03:22 AM
a lot of the hate I've seen is mostly based on people's dislike of rap.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-23-2010, 05:07 AM
First off, I'm not disappointed. I think this might be cool. BUT, I get where people are coming from because, in my experience, live hip hop has been routinely disappointing. But, maybe Jay-Z will prove The Wolfman wrong.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-23-2010, 05:11 AM
First off, I'm not disappointed. I think this might be cool. BUT, I get where people are coming from because, in my experience, live hip hop has been routinely disappointing. But, maybe Jay-Z will prove The Wolfman wrong.

Yeah, any live hip hop I've seen has tended to trend on shitty to shittier. BUUUUUTTTTT I have never heard anything negetive regarding Jay Z live (other then GPS who wasn't a fan to begin with).

Ardentbiscuit
01-23-2010, 05:43 AM
People will complain now but after his performance everyone will be talking about how much they loved it.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-23-2010, 05:48 AM
People will complain now but after his performance everyone will be talking about how much they loved it.

That is how it was for Roger Waters most of us loved it, except for Randy of course.

obzen
01-23-2010, 06:04 AM
MJA has a point though.

gaypalmsprings
01-23-2010, 06:11 AM
http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/wenn5053490__oPt.jpg

malcolmjamalawesome
01-23-2010, 06:12 AM
http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/wenn5053490__oPt.jpg

Woeful.

gaypalmsprings
01-23-2010, 06:16 AM
a lot of the hate I've seen is mostly based on people's disklike of rap.

I like rap, but not gangsta rap when it encourages violence.

Speaking of gansta rap....

Rapper Apache Dies
Friends and collaborators, including Vin from Naughty by Nature, remember the artist, best known for his '90s hit 'Gangsta Bitch.'

Rapper Apache (real name Anthony Teaks), a staple of Queen Latifah's Flavor Unit crew and best known for one of the most controversial hip-hop records of the 1990s, "Gangsta Bitch," died Friday (January 22). At press time, the cause of the New Jersey MC's death was unknown.

"I got a call from Shakim [Compere] this morning, Queen Latifah's manager," Vin from Naughty by Nature said. "He was really feeling it. He told me, and I spread the word to Kay and Treach and the rest of our camp."

"I'm at a loss for words," Apache's best friend, Trick, said. "I still don't believe it. I'm numb."

Trick says Apache was found Friday in his home by his brother. Those close to him said he'd shown no signs of illness.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-23-2010, 06:18 AM

Speaking of gansta rap....

Rapper Apache Dies
Friends and collaborators, including Vin from Naughty by Nature, remember the artist, best known for his '90s hit 'Gangsta Bitch.'

Rapper Apache (real name Anthony Teaks), a staple of Queen Latifah's Flavor Unit crew and best known for one of the most controversial hip-hop records of the 1990s, "Gangsta Bitch," died Friday (January 22). At press time, the cause of the New Jersey MC's death was unknown.

"I got a call from Shakim [Compere] this morning, Queen Latifah's manager," Vin from Naughty by Nature said. "He was really feeling it. He told me, and I spread the word to Kay and Treach and the rest of our camp."

"I'm at a loss for words," Apache's best friend, Trick, said. "I still don't believe it. I'm numb."

Trick says Apache was found Friday in his home by his brother. Those close to him said he'd shown no signs of illness.

I just realized I spelled Disklike.

amyzzz
01-23-2010, 06:23 AM
I'm looking forward to this. I need to listen to the new album.

Monklish
01-23-2010, 06:31 AM
I don't see why him sucking is insufficient grounds. In fact, that's kinda the only valid reason to dislike an artist.

iammrcandyman
01-23-2010, 06:38 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcqFz24CxUM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcqFz24CxUM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jay-z can eat my dick

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Jay Z PLUR

http://animation.pblogs.gr/files/5313-Crazy%20Cat.gif

lolz

amyzzz
01-23-2010, 07:08 AM
I don't see why him sucking is insufficient grounds. In fact, that's kinda the only valid reason to dislike an artist.
I'm surprised at you. No "that was terribly fascinating, Amy" or "STFU, Amy?"
You're slipping, dude.

Monklish
01-23-2010, 07:10 AM
I'm surprised at you. No "that was terribly fascinating, Amy" or "STFU, Amy?"
You're slipping, dude.

That's because I wasn't talking to you. Way to turn one completely useless post into two, you walking blabber machine.

amyzzz
01-23-2010, 07:11 AM
That's more like it.

Cdubby
01-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Because I'm not interested in his catalog of music.

pachucasunrise
01-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Because it could've been the Beastie Boys.

TommyboyUNM
01-23-2010, 10:12 AM

I think Jay-Z mostly encourages spending money and buying diamonds and platinum.

Can you prove to me that Jay-Z is about encouraging violence?

How the fuck do you know?

MarkO
01-23-2010, 10:15 AM
a lot of the hate I've seen is mostly based on people's dislike of rap.

No hate here, it just does nothing for me at all. He seems like a cool guy though.

pachucasunrise
01-23-2010, 10:49 AM
How the fuck do you know?

They said in an interview they were trying to make it happen.

biggfoot17
01-23-2010, 10:51 AM
I saw Jay-Z a few years back and it was pretty damn fun. He didn't have the live band though, which he'll for sure have for Coachella. It'll be a great performance

Monklish
01-23-2010, 10:54 AM

That's the only reason to be happy that it's Jay-Z.

Bud Luster
01-23-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm not big on Jay-Z, but I kinda dig that GV are trying to do something different. Beastie Boys have had their shot. Could be a really fun performance.

TheWatcher
01-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Because Jay-Z is on of those artists who, when I hear them on the radio I have a visceral feeling of "oh shit turn the station", and is one of the reasons I don't listen to the radio or watch mainstream music events/awards/etc on TV.

Because I feel offended when the lowest common denominator determines who gets the most attention.

Because then I probably have to listen to Jay-Z fans camping out at the main stage dissing bands that I like.

Etc. etc. etc.

But, I think just saying he sucks is sufficient.

It doesn't matter, there are other places to be on Friday night. Have your fun.

Sandy Egoo
01-23-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm pumped man.
Jay-z puts on a good live show, especially now that his songs have more 'rock' beats and will most likely have a live band.
I can understand not liking rap, therefore not being excited to see it.
But, that doesn't mean you should be pissed he's coming. I don't dig all (i do enjoy some) of the electronic shit, but i'm not pissed they're there.
Coachella is about bringing together different genres and expanding musical tastes.
There are only like 7 hip hop acts out of 160 bands.. one happens to be a headliner.. and one of the most iconic figures in the industry.

Anyways, live hip hop can be less than awesome.. but one of the greatest of all time + new material + live band = amazing.

I mean.. how fucking awesome were the Roots?
on that note.. I hope Jay-z can come close to the roots.

mickflyy
01-23-2010, 12:50 PM

beatie boys are good but the last time they played coachella they spent half their set trying to indoctrinate the crowd to there political points of view im not saying i disagree with them i just didnt spend $300 to listen to a lecture

mickflyy
01-23-2010, 12:50 PM
yes i know i spelled beastie wrong SMB

gaypalmsprings
01-23-2010, 12:54 PM
http://www.bbarak.cz/admin/images/articles/pic_small_10368.gif

Eliwood
01-23-2010, 01:24 PM
IMO Jay-Z will be worth seeing, I just hope he doesn't conflict with anyone I want to see. Not a huge fan of rap, but I can find some of Jay's stuff brilliant.

schavira
01-23-2010, 01:27 PM
I don't mind Jay-Z headlining a rock festival, he's not bad and he is enormously popular (beats the Killers too). However, they could have done better though, that's my only real complaint with him headlining, the same goes for Muse.

sleepybrew
01-23-2010, 01:46 PM
i'm cool with him headlining, his popularity earns it. plus, it may bring a few coachella newbies out and then they get to discover new bands and genres earlier in the day. i've met a lot of people who didn't know they liked electronic music until they stepped foot in the sahara tent.

personally for me, i prefer more "indie" hip hop. i can connect more with the lyrical themes from artists on labels like rhymesayers, anticon, etc. than some guy worth millions talking about bitches n bling.

"i ain't tryin to hear about you sippin crystal in the bahamas when i'm drinkin nestle quick on a crowded bus full of mexicanas? if you keepin it real, how come there's no truth to what you say?" -Brother Ali "Think It Through"

crazzz2007
01-23-2010, 01:51 PM

That is how it was for Roger Waters most of us loved it, except for Randy of course.

Come on now. How can you compare Roger Waters to Jay-Z?

People complained about Roger Waters because they were retarded.

Jay-Z headlining coachella is ridiculous. Not only does he suck, but GV took the most mainstream and popular rapper alive and made him the headliner. That is very un-Coachella like.

gooftroop
01-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Jay-Z headlining coachella is ridiculous. Not only does he suck, but GV took the most mainstream and popular rapper alive and made him the headliner. That is very un-Coachella like.

So who's better as headliner, Jack Johnson or Jay-Z? If GV is going to get a hip-hop act to headline who the fuck else is big enough to do such a thing? Outkast maybe but that's wishful thinking. Fuck the haters I've seen Jay-Z and he puts on a killer show. Plenty of rap artists fail in a live setting Jigga happens to be one of the best. I've seen the whole spectrum and he really is one of the best in terms of getting the crowd hyped, when I saw him everyone was going wild and had a blast. Is he the best/most talented rapper around? Of course not. Does he bring the party? Fuck yes, if you don't like it well guess you'll be partying somewhere else.

So skip him if you want, the true idiots are the ones who dismiss the entire festival based on ONE ARTIST playing amongst 100+, there's something for everyone @ Coachella. Jay-Z is going to rock the fuck out, I just hope he doesn't conflict with Fever Ray.

crazzz2007
01-23-2010, 02:58 PM
So who's better as headliner, Jack Johnson or Jay-Z? . . . The true idiots are the ones who dismiss the entire festival based on ONE ARTIST playing amongst 100+, there's something for everyone @ Coachella.

I strongly suggest you take a course in logic.

You can't point to a past example of a terrible headliner (JJ), then use that to support having another terrible headliner.

And I'm not dismissing the entire festival. In fact I called this the best coachella lineup ever.

biscodiscos
01-23-2010, 03:07 PM
what's with all the jack johnson hate? i think his music is really good. is it cause its "bro" music? i guess it wouldn't really be that great to see live, especially headlining a main stage, but i still feel like he gets way too much hate on here. and i'm glad jay-z is headlining friday, now i can close out night 1 in the sahara without feeling any guilt

Chaplipman
01-23-2010, 03:19 PM
I would have rather had Beastie Boys there than Jay-Z. They are legends. Jay-Z is just a ******. Rational enough?

Monklish
01-23-2010, 03:19 PM
"Legends."

Chaplipman
01-23-2010, 03:31 PM
OK, it's a bit of an overstatement, but their first 5 albums speak for themselves. Especially Paul's Boutique. Point is, I'd rather have some middle-aged Jews hopping around on stage than some no-talent motherfucker.

TommyboyUNM
01-23-2010, 03:33 PM
http://www.bbarak.cz/admin/images/articles/pic_small_10368.gif

That's what I thought. You can't answer the simple question of why you think Jay-Z promotes violence because you're too busy posting one of your pointless pictures.

I can't wait for your hilarious retort in picture form.

Monklish
01-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Shake Your Rump. Legendary. Fight For Your Right To Party. Legendary. Girls. Legendary.

Sorry, but the only rappers that have had even less substance than Jay-Z are the Beasties. They literally have never had anything to say whatsoever. Fuck that and fuck you.

sbessiso
01-23-2010, 03:34 PM
What the fuck is Jay-Z and Ricky Gervais doing together??

TommyboyUNM
01-23-2010, 03:34 PM
They said in an interview they were trying to make it happen.

Yeah, so maybe it fell through. Were you involved in the negotiations? No? Then you don't really know what you're talking about.

Chaplipman
01-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Shake Your Rump. Legendary. Fight For Your Right To Party. Legendary. Girls. Legendary.

Sorry, but the only rappers that have had even less substance than Jay-Z are the Beasties. They literally have never had anything to say whatsoever. Fuck that and fuck you.

I already said that legendary was an overstatement. You picked some of their worst songs anyway. I don't listen to Hip-Hop for substance. It's usually for dumb fun. Very few rappers have substance. But in terms of musical production, lyrical hooks, and style, the Beastie Boys kill Jay-Z and his weak ass flow.

juloxx
01-23-2010, 04:16 PM
I guess its cool that they have a hip-hop headliner... but I am just disappointed with their choice. Jay-Z really isn't that dope, he always sounds like he is whining.

They coulda got Beasties, Dre, Eminem, Gang Starr. Whatever though, I still think GV did a great job

NoGwenPlease
01-23-2010, 04:23 PM
I hope everyone realizes that this is a .gif of jay-z writing an entire song in his head that he then went and made a recording of.

Being able to write hit records with out a pen or computer is far beyond a lot of the people that we'll see and like at coachella.

Thequass
01-23-2010, 04:27 PM
For those of you saying that live hip hop is usually shit, I know where you're coming from because sometimes it's a complete mess. Although Coachella has had some great live hip hop before. Busdriver, The Roots, Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip, Luckyiam, and The Coup were all fantastic live. Ghostface, who I was looking forward to, however was terrible. I don't like or hate Jay-z but I'd watch him if it didn't conflict with anything simply because his live shows are always talked about as being great.

Monklish
01-23-2010, 04:28 PM
I already said that legendary was an overstatement. You picked some of their worst songs anyway. I don't listen to Hip-Hop for substance. It's usually for dumb fun. Very few rappers have substance. But in terms of musical production, lyrical hooks, and style, the Beastie Boys kill Jay-Z and his weak ass flow.

Pick some of their non-idiotic songs then, please. Pick one where they don't sound like the stupidest fucking people on the face of the Earth. I would love to see some proof of this. And Sabotage doesn't count.

Jay-Z might suck, and he does, but at least his songs were actually fucking about something once in a while. Not often, but once in a while. YOU may not go to rap for anything but dumb fun, but that does not excuse people whose sole artistic force in their 30 year careers has been to make dumb songs. There is no excuse for that shit.

Chaplipman
01-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Pick some of their non-idiotic songs then, please. Pick one where they don't sound like the stupidest fucking people on the face of the Earth. I would love to see some proof of this. And Sabotage doesn't count.

Jay-Z might suck, and he does, but at least his songs were actually fucking about something once in a while. Not often, but once in a while. YOU may not go to rap for anything but dumb fun, but that does not excuse people whose sole artistic force in their 30 year careers has been to make dumb songs. There is no excuse for that shit.

Like I said, I don't listen to them for anything more than dumb fun. But, here are some of my favorite songs of theirs that I believe display the talents I mentioned earlier.

X7REpJlMfLo

eo_zbxO7cOg

fs_06TxIB0M

RR-mtc7wqKo

IBdrzoz9o0o

Ejz--hN9Q2o

shotglass75
01-23-2010, 05:38 PM
For the casual listener ( such as myself) it's a good show for maybe 20 minutes or so but then it gets to be the same if you don't really know the songs. Saw him at Glasto and I loved the intro and stuck around for about 8 songs but that was enough. It's more of a rock/funk/soul type show than anything and I'm sure he'll mix it up with some new samples and shit for the Coachella crowd. But yeah, unless you like hip hop I doubt you'll be walking away amazed by his set. Entertained? Yes.

Ardentbiscuit
01-24-2010, 09:20 AM
I wasn't comparing Roger Waters to Jay Z. That was the other person who posted.

I just think many people are underestimating him.

People are complaining now but I think he will silence the critics after his performance.

JebusLives
01-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I just don't like hip-hop, but JayZ was tolerable at Pemberton. Most live hiphop is abysmal, which just reinforces my opinion that it is a genre almost completely devoid of talent.

I don't care that he's headlining. He's a big deal and I recognize that. Much less embarassing than the Jack Johnson fiasco. I'll most likely be watching LCD in the Sahara while he is on anyway.

psycobetabuckdown
01-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Anyone else think Beastie Boys are off the poster just because they wanted to wait before signing, a la Prince in 08 (or at least that's what people say)?

ADrunkPoet
01-24-2010, 01:33 PM
It is very likely that Fever Ray will conflict with Jay-z. At that point, no one will bitch.

Plus, to be honest, Jay-Z is leaps and bounds better than The Killers or Jack Johnson. Anyone want to argue for those bands over Jay-Z? I am willing to hear your argument.

psycobetabuckdown
01-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Stop comparing. We'd better not lower our standards just because GV lowered them for us. But anyone who thinks Jay-Z is lowering standards just isn't a rap fan or isn't a Jigga fan.

And I will probably leave Jay-Z early if Fever Ray conflicts with him. That better not happen though.

ADrunkPoet
01-24-2010, 01:36 PM
I actually really hope that Fever Ray conflicts with Them Crooked Vultures and I can see LCD, Fever Ray and Jay-Z.

Gribbz
01-24-2010, 01:38 PM
I still think Fever Ray will close out The Mojave. Don't see why she wouldn't.

ADrunkPoet
01-24-2010, 01:40 PM
I still think Fever Ray will close out The Mojave. Don't see why she wouldn't.

I agree, but I would like to not have a conflict between Fever Ray and LCD or Jay-Z.

patriotsftbll786
01-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Come on now. How can you compare Roger Waters to Jay-Z?

People complained about Roger Waters because they were retarded.

You're fucking ridiculous, this is the same Jay-Z that headlined what's probably the biggest festival in the world, Glastonbury and got major acclaim for that. I'm not much of a fan of hip-hop but from what I've heard about his live performances, it's gonna be epic.

halyem
01-24-2010, 01:42 PM
ill tell you why i love having jay z at festivals like this.
i like jay z. im not the biggest fan of hip hop or rap, but i like jay z. i dont know that i would ever bother to shell out 70 bucks to see jay z, but now i get the opportunity to see him whereas otherwise i have interest in seeing him but would never pull the trigger. felt the same way about metallica at bonnaroo. not my favorite bands, but bands worth seeing - this is one of the best part of any large festival

Gribbz
01-24-2010, 01:43 PM
I agree, but I would like to not have a conflict between Fever Ray and LCD or Jay-Z.

Fever Ray won't go on before LCD.

ADrunkPoet
01-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Fever Ray won't go on before LCD.

Again, I stress that if Fever Ray conflicts with Them Crooked Vultures, I will be super stoked.

Gribbz
01-24-2010, 01:46 PM
What time do you think TCV will go on?

ADrunkPoet
01-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Post sunset. I think either Grizzly Bear or Vampire Weekend will play Main Stage sunset. Likely both, with Grizzly Bear on the Outdoor stage, and Vampire Weekend playing Main stage.

Gribbz
01-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Post sunset. I think either Grizzly Bear or Vampire Weekend will play Main Stage sunset. Likely both, with Grizzly Bear on the Outdoor stage, and Vampire Weekend playing Main stage.

You could be right. I just see Paul Tollet putting Fever Ray on late at night.

ADrunkPoet
01-24-2010, 01:52 PM
You could be right. I just see Paul Tollet putting Fever Ray on late at night.

It would make a lot of sense. Perfect foil to any people that are angry about Jay-Z headlining. Unfortunately for me, I want to see both.

I just hope that Fever Ray conflicts with TCV because I could give a shit less about that group.

LunaVC
01-24-2010, 01:54 PM
I like the Blueprint album.

But, not all, but a lot of hip hop is going to be drugs, bitches and shit. And I think that won't suit Coachella. Leave that for Rock The Bells.

But I'm glad Jay-Zed is there, much better than glitch-hop like dubstep and Scroobius Prick and Dan Ball Sac.

Would have liked to see Wu Tang do their new Dubstep album. Just for curiosity.

I'm mostly looking forward to Deadmau5 the most, then Rusko.

LunaVC
01-24-2010, 01:56 PM
I'd probably prefer to see LMFAO. Let's get some real Miami trashy auto-tuned Tap Out t-shirt wearing Honda driving electro-clubby hip hop.

Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots,

bdfsh
01-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Beastie Boys and Jay-Z are both very talented hip hop artists.
Theres nothing anyone of you can say that can change that.

Monkish- by the things you have said, I'm sure you think Notorious B.I.G. was just some crack peddling non-talented artist as well.

I can totally understand if none of you enjoy this music, and I can totally understand if none of you enjoy live hip hop; and I do not care in the least- but there is no way any of you could ever take away their enormous influence or disprove their great talent.

To say Jay-Z OR the Beastie Boys are "non-talented no substance artists" is the equivalent of saying "Led Zeppelin sucks."
-its just non-sense.

Bertlocc
01-24-2010, 02:19 PM
I enjoy Jay Z's music...So much that I saw him live in Oakland in 2008 when he was touring with Mary J Blige...his performance performance was quite boring...So I'm not too excited about him being a headliner but I'll probably check him out for a bit...

Monklish
01-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Beastie Boys and Jay-Z are both very talented hip hop artists.
Theres nothing anyone of you can say that can change that.

Monkish- by the things you have said, I'm sure you think Notorious B.I.G. was just some crack peddling non-talented artist as well.

I can totally understand if none of you enjoy this music, and I can totally understand if none of you enjoy live hip hop; and I do not care in the least- but there is no way any of you could ever take away their enormous influence or disprove their great talent.

To say Jay-Z OR the Beastie Boys are "non-talented no substance artists" is the equivalent of saying "Led Zeppelin sucks."
-its just non-sense.

Comparing Biggie to Jay-Z is exactly what's wrong with this discussion. There is no fucking comparison. Go fuck yourself.

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Comparing Biggie to Jay-Z is exactly what's wrong with this discussion. There is no fucking comparison. Go fuck yourself.
Theres been a comparison of who is better between jayz biggie and nas since 1996.

LunaVC
01-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Would prefer to see someone a bit current or edgey to be honest.

Think my dad bought the last Jay Z album know what I'm saying Monkfish.

Probably prefer to hear some Brother Ali or something.

Really hoping Crookers would be there or Kid Cudi ya knaw.

Monklish
01-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Yes, and it's always been made by idiots. There is no comparison.

LunaVC
01-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Hot Chip can go and eat a pizza to be honest.

What do they keep getting booked?

bdfsh
01-24-2010, 02:47 PM

whoa, chill, its an interent discussion.

Furthermore, i wasnt comparing the two-
I was using him as an example of a talented artist; and by many of your previous posts, you seem to be condemning talented people.
My point is, no matter what your opinion is, these are talented artists and there is no way to disprove that.

you can tell me to go fuck myself if it makes you feel better; im just pointing out that you make stupid comments.

LunaVC
01-24-2010, 02:50 PM
love to go for a beer with jay Zed

suppin on a 40

SIZZURP

Monklish
01-24-2010, 02:51 PM
There's no way I can disprove it? Do you have brain damage? Prove that they're talented, asshole. The onus is not on me.

Biggie = the single best rapper ever to live. Actually had content to his songs. Rhymed about shit that mattered (on occasion) in an engaging way with thorough storytelling ability and a totally unique voice.

Jay-Z = sucks balls. Nothing but two bar couplings. Never ever includes more than one rhyme phrase per bar. Never inflects, falls off the meter constantly. Never says anything of any substance whatsoever.

LunaVC
01-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah I'm feeling that Monk Dawg

luv dat Juicey joint

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2010, 03:15 PM
There's no way I can disprove it? Do you have brain damage? Prove that they're talented, asshole. The onus is not on me.

Biggie = the single best rapper ever to live. Actually had content to his songs. Rhymed about shit that mattered (on occasion) in an engaging way with thorough storytelling ability and a totally unique voice.

Jay-Z = sucks balls. Nothing but two bar couplings. Never ever includes more than one rhyme phrase per bar. Never inflects, falls off the meter constantly. Never says anything of any substance whatsoever.
You need torealize that basically, the consensus in every thread is that youre wrong. You really just dont know enough about music or rap to be able to judge talent. You are an amature critic with nothing to back up what you have to say. You hate on people that make more money in a day than you will in your life and call them untalented because youre projecting your own sorry existence.

You should try saying positive things and maybe you wouldnt be so ugly? You should start taking an interest in life before anonymous takes an interest in you.

Monklish
01-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Anonymous? Is that a personal army threat? Oh I would fucking love you to try to get /b/ to come down on me and my hat, motherfucker. I would relish that shit. Try and force a meme out of me and fail miserably like you fail at everything.

You are too stupid to reason your way out of the gay paper bag you exist in. Just because someone makes money doesn't make them a good artist. Just because you like them doesn't make them a good artist. Even if this entire board disagreed with me (which they don't) that still wouldn't make them a good artist. It's not my fault that you look like you got chased out of Iran for sucking cocks. Stop hatin'.

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Anonymous? Is that a personal army threat? Oh I would fucking love you to try to get /b/ to come down on me and my hat, motherfucker. I would relish that shit. Try and force a meme out of me and fail miserably like you fail at everything.

You are too stupid to reason your way out of the gay paper bag you exist in. Just because someone makes money doesn't make them a good artist. Just because you like them doesn't make them a good artist. Even if this entire board disagreed with me (which they don't) that still wouldn't make them a good artist. It's not my fault that you look like you got chased out of Iran for sucking cocks. Stop hatin'.
You should think about saying positive things my friend. I wasnt talking about /b. I was talking about me.

Its not that hard to stop hating, I can help you if youd like.

Monklish
01-24-2010, 03:28 PM
What praytell are you capable of doing aside from making a felafel without taking the dick out of your mouth?

bdfsh
01-24-2010, 03:36 PM
durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rskapcat
01-24-2010, 03:38 PM
'Tis the season, Randy.

http://cherished79.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/ducks.jpg

bdfsh
01-24-2010, 03:44 PM
'Tis the season, Randy.

http://cherished79.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/ducks.jpg

i dont know if youre reffering to me- if so, ive been a member about a year longer than you; but yes, tis the season.

Monklish
01-24-2010, 03:45 PM
She was, and it's accurate. You post like a lurker.

rskapcat
01-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Nope, not you. Your name Randy, too?

rskapcat
01-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Referring.

ADrunkPoet
01-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Hot Chip can go and eat a pizza to be honest.

What do they keep getting booked?

Your use of the english language is astounding.

bdfsh
01-24-2010, 03:51 PM
She was, and it's accurate. You post like a lurker.

i post when i feel like theres something worthwhile to say or when i have a question that hasnt been answered elsewhere.

and she just said no.

the reason that i do not have thousands of posts is because i dont get a hard-on by talking shit to people on the interent; i think you have knowledge on most subjects and besides all the pointless bullshit you post, you have alot of useful information - now if you werent so hung up on calling people names and talking about dicks.

Monklish
01-24-2010, 03:54 PM
You should pick better places to post than defending Jay-Z.

Someone find me one Jay-Z song with real substance. Please. Just one.

juloxx
01-24-2010, 04:11 PM
^^^^Ite, I am not a Jay-Z fan but I have bumped some his shit. To say he has no talent is unfair, but he is way over-rated and is not too dope.

Depending on your standards for substance this one might have some

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qr1MSsxk18Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qr1MSsxk18Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Monklish
01-24-2010, 04:15 PM
See, there's an actual response.

Yeah, The Black Album is frankly in my opinion the first time he ever came out with anything that seemed to have any forethought or soul to it. Some will attribute this to the old myth that he freestyled all his songs, which I've never fucking believed for a second although they were certainly all interchangeable enough to possibly back that theory.

His shit off The Black Album is alright. It's way way better in the form of The Grey Album though. THAT shit gets me going, I won't lie.

See? I'm not unreasonable, dickheads.

Nonetheless, it took him how many albums to finally deliver something with a real personality to it?

juloxx
01-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Well thats because he "Quit Rap" after The Black album. Duh

mickflyy
01-24-2010, 04:24 PM
jay z is not bad considerring some of the other acts that have played coachella i dont know why everyone is hating... if you dont like hime dont watch him they do have 4 other stages and if thats not good enough go get drunk off the $7 shitty heineken

candi
01-24-2010, 04:53 PM
the music at coachella isn't all indie bullshit, it varies. and jay-z kicks ass.

TomServo
01-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Don't get all soft in the shorts, Jay-Z fans. Faith No More takes just as much shit around here, despite being every bit of metal, alt-rock, freak rock, with a touch of rap and even some soul. On top of that, Mike Patton is just about as non-commercial as they come... and still the hate.

Basically, if any "regular" person has listened to your music, you're not welcome. Only indies allowed!

instinct
01-24-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm not really a Jay-Z fan, but there are MUCH worse Hip-Hop headliners that GV could have booked. There is more mainstream crap like LiL Wayne, T-Pain, Soulja Boy etc..

I like 99 rappers, but Jay-Z ain't one.

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2010, 05:29 PM
You should pick better places to post than defending Jay-Z.

Someone find me one Jay-Z song with real substance. Please. Just one.
Song Cry.

Im capable of showing up at your house any day of the week randall.

rskapcat
01-24-2010, 05:30 PM
His name isn't Randall.

NoGwenPlease
01-24-2010, 05:33 PM
His name isn't Randall.
It will be when I make him my bitch.

Monklish
01-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Song Cry.

Im capable of showing up at your house any day of the week randall.

You're capable of showing up at my house? Did you just retro-fit the gyro truck for cross country trips? What're you gonna do, show up and go bald in front of me?

BeeII
01-24-2010, 06:33 PM

saying so-and-so sucks is a cheap cop out. At least have a valid critique.

Of course, you're never at a loss for words, but I'm just putting it out there for everyone whose extent of their complaint is "_____ sucks"

psycobetabuckdown
01-24-2010, 09:40 PM
"Hard-knock life" has substance

boarderwoozel3
01-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Well, occasionally I too want to break out into song about my pimpin endeavors and their oft impressive scope. Can't knock him for that.

Gribbz
01-24-2010, 09:50 PM
I dig the Jigga Man, but comparing him to The Notorious B.I.G. is blasphemy.

Wut Da Philio?
01-24-2010, 09:54 PM
the last BIG mainstream hip hop act who hit the main stage was Kanye West and he BLEW COCK as anyone else who was there surely remembers. There is no way Jay-Z could possibly be as terrible as Kanye was at Coachella. I've seen Kanye on his own tour and it was 20 times better than at Coachella. Sometimes just because a big hip hip act is awesome on their OWN tours does NOT translate to them being awesome at Coachella. Jay-Z is much more professional than Kanye and he's a veteran in the game, so this could/should be sick....I hope....

psycobetabuckdown
01-24-2010, 10:13 PM
I dig the Jigga Man, but comparing him to The Notorious B.I.G. is blasphemy.

Mainly because he's dead. I prefer Biggie's flow to Jay-Z for the same reasons Randy does, but I don't think it's unfair to put them in the same sentence musically - Jay-Z is the big rapper of our time, Biggie was the big guy in his day. Comparisons happen.

Gribbz
01-24-2010, 10:28 PM
No, not because he's dead. Biggie's flow, lyrics, and delivery are vastly superior.... dead or alive.

psycobetabuckdown
01-24-2010, 10:32 PM
No, not because he's dead. Biggie's flow, lyrics, and delivery are vastly superior.... dead or alive.

I agree with you, but that doesn't exclude Jay-Z from the conversation. This whole "no one approaches Biggie and Pac and never will" thing is what I have a problem with.

EventHorizon
01-25-2010, 12:15 PM
What worries me about Jay-Z headlining is the attraction of fans who have no business attending a Coachella-like event...Wow, that makes me sound very selfish/elitist. I respect Jay-Z (The Black and Gray albums were very interesting), but I fear many of his fans will come with no appreciation of the "Peace & Love Coachella" that I have grown so fond of. I expect many fights and unruly behavior, that may ultimately institute more restrictions on Coachella. I missed Public Enemy's set last year…I suppose I could have had a similar argument, and I didn't hear of much fighting. This all being said, I hope I am wrong. Long Live Coachella!

trentmorrison
01-25-2010, 12:17 PM
cause it's rap

FoxeyLady
01-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Theres no way the Jay-Z crowd will be any rowdier than RATM (which was suprisingly peaceful actually). Jay-Z isn't gonna have fights, it's just gonna be one big party on the polo fields. I don't know why the fuck everybody is worried.

Oh noez the Blackzzzz!!!

Monklish
01-25-2010, 12:20 PM
I agree with you, but that doesn't exclude Jay-Z from the conversation. This whole "no one approaches Biggie and Pac and never will" thing is what I have a problem with.

It's not that nobody approaches Biggie and Pac. Nobody approaches Biggie. Pac I could give two shits.

trentmorrison
01-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Theres no way the Jay-Z crowd will be any rowdier than RATM (which was suprisingly peaceful actually). Jay-Z isn't gonna have fights, it's just gonna be one big party on the polo fields. I don't know why the fuck everybody is worried.

Oh noez the Blackzzzz!!!

do gunshots count as fights?

didimydoe3
01-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Because we know there are better hip hop acts out there. Sure, he might be the biggest NAME in it right now, but unless we get another add to the line-up or he brings someone awesome with him...

ya'll are going to be disappointed when fucking Drake comes out on stage with his ass.

THAT is why.

juloxx
01-25-2010, 01:02 PM
What worries me about Jay-Z headlining is the attraction of fans who have no business attending a Coachella-like event...Wow, that makes me sound very selfish/elitist. I respect Jay-Z (The Black and Gray albums were very interesting), but I fear many of his fans will come with no appreciation of the "Peace & Love Coachella" that I have grown so fond of. I expect many fights and unruly behavior, that may ultimately institute more restrictions on Coachella. I missed Public Enemy's set last year…I suppose I could have had a similar argument, and I didn't hear of much fighting. This all being said, I hope I am wrong. Long Live Coachella!

Don't trip man. There is something about Coachella man. Probably because its located in the desert away from the cities, or maybe its the hot weather but for 3 days (assuming ur there for all 3) people tend to just leave all the bullshit in the city. You will see man, unless you get arrested, you will still have a great time.

Fuck other festivals, Coachella runs shit.

psycobetabuckdown
01-25-2010, 05:07 PM

http://www.ugo.com/music/hip-hop-album-covers/images/entries/Fear-of-a-black-planet.jpg

sbessiso
01-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Absolutely no way it'll be worse than a Rage/TOOL crowd. Just mad blunts being lit which I welcome with open arms

EventHorizon
01-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Absolutely no way it'll be worse than a Rage/TOOL crowd. Just mad blunts being lit which I welcome with open arms

After thinking, I must say I agree with you...
Tool at Street Scene was a mess. Maynard was pissed they had to pause in the middle so an ambulance could take someone away who was trampled by groups storming the front.
Rage at Coachella was not that bad. Mosh pits kept to themselves and from what I saw, proper moshing took place. There were those few that climbed the tower in the center of the crowd. NOW THAT WAS CRAZY.

trentmorrison
01-25-2010, 05:22 PM
just to have that kind of title as a thread is a rational explanation why its a disappointment.

FoxeyLady
01-25-2010, 05:28 PM

THIS

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e201/kingofhearts27/snoop-dogg-smoking.jpg

PeterB
01-25-2010, 05:39 PM

This is a perfect example of what GOOD rap/hip-hop is. And is a perfect example of what Jay-Z isnt. Jay-Z is alright, but he just doesnt have that vibe thats needed for a fun show.

Monklish
01-25-2010, 05:40 PM
The Beastie Boys are not good. Shut up, white kids.

FoxeyLady
01-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Even monklish knows Jay-Z is better than the Beastie Boys...

(BTW not hatin on Beasties, they're both great IMO)

Monklish
01-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Yes, I suppose I prefer Jay-Z's vapid bullshit to the Beasties complete and utter fucking nonsense.

juloxx
01-25-2010, 05:51 PM
I like the Beasties more. They got more steez.