PDA

View Full Version : Single day tickets??

Gypsy Girl
01-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Are single sale tickets going on sale today as well? WTF over...

JustSteve
01-22-2010, 08:09 AM
search function. over.

superfiction
01-22-2010, 08:13 AM
your gypsy powers are failing you

JustSteve
01-22-2010, 08:15 AM
watch out for her lazy eye, she'll curse you...

OnlyNonStranger
01-22-2010, 09:23 AM
I'm more interested in her third nipple, rather than a lazy eye.

Gypsy Girl
01-22-2010, 01:43 PM
lame

SJserio
01-22-2010, 01:45 PM
serioiusly guys. i need some reassurance too.. there HAS to be single day tickets :(!!!!

M Sparks
01-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Why do there have to be?

SJserio
01-22-2010, 01:58 PM
because im not going to pay for 2 extra days that have absolutely zero bands that i want to see.

Monklish
01-22-2010, 01:59 PM
You do understand that you're not the barometer of the way things have to be in the world, right?

M Sparks
01-22-2010, 02:02 PM
It's a music FESTIVAL. If you want to see 3 bands, go see those 3 bands somewhere else.

lexineffect
01-22-2010, 02:03 PM
because im not going to pay for 2 extra days that have absolutely zero bands that i want to see.

Well looks like that is the end of your times at Coachella. bye

SJserio
01-22-2010, 02:07 PM
i hate getting burned on forums! so overrated but im cool with it.

and YES, I am aware that I am not the barometer of the way things work in the world, but this is coachella, and it seriously sucks that they have just become money hungry basterds. whatever, im still going. i still hate this though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monklish
01-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Try not to be such a whiny little ****** and research the lineup a bit. You'll probably find there's stuff you like on all three days. That's what the fest is all about.

SJserio
01-22-2010, 02:11 PM
forums are for whinning! otherwise they wouldnt be forums!

M Sparks
01-22-2010, 02:11 PM
This is why many of us are loving this change. Prince, Madonna, Rage...they all threw off the balance. You get too many people in who are just parked in front of the stage not having fun, or they don't even show up until late in the evening. I'd rather have 50,000 people who want to have fun and ditch the other 10,000. And GV is clearly not worried about the financial implications. (OK, they are probably a little worried, but they wouldn't have done it unless they thought it was a good idea.)

What's good for the festival is good for business in the long run, and this is very good for the festival.

SJserio
01-22-2010, 02:17 PM
true.

this is also true.
http://www.undeployed.com/2010/01/final-coachella-post.html

but what you said is truer. truth hurts. i hate the truth!

i love coachella.

ArcadeParade
01-22-2010, 02:20 PM
well said and very true Sparks

M Sparks
01-22-2010, 02:21 PM
it seriously sucks that they have just become money hungry basterds.

How are they money hungry?

What they want is for 60,000 people to come each day and have a good time. How do they make any more money by only selling 3 days? The total maximum amount they can make is the same.

Let's say they ONLY sold single day tickets. And they book someone like Paul Mcartney again. And 50,000 baby boomers snatch up tickets for that day, and it sells out, while there is only 10,000 sold for the other 2 days. As someone who wants to enjoy the festival, I might not want to come if I can't go one of the 3 days, so maybe I don't go at all. Meanwhile, you get an empty festival that day because those baby boomers don't show up until 9pm.

They just want to sell the tickets. But if they have a choice between selling one to me or to the McCartney obsessive, they'll pick me.

If anything, they stand to lose a little money from people like you. If not...if they sell out of 3 days, then they haven't made any more money than they normally would have.

lexineffect
01-22-2010, 02:28 PM
true.

this is also true.

but what you said is truer. truth hurts. i hate the truth!

i love coachella.

Hahha I love how people get obsessed with "FAT CATS" like the monopoly guy is GV and he sleeps on a bed of money. It is so easy to demonize a faceless corporation with little or no facts.

I know that you can't tell me how many hours people worked to put this together. You can't tell me how much profit was made last year and who received that profit and the work they did to earn it. You don't even know if there reasons have anything to do with being greedy or if there are other reasons behind it.

All I head is waa waa I want it my way even though I do nothing to put the festival on.

M Sparks
01-22-2010, 02:35 PM
this is also true.

No it's not. "Wring every last cent out"? The total amount they can make is the same (approximately). What does a recession have to do with it?

It's not like they raised prices. If someone can't afford to go every day, than they will LOSE that customer. If they CAN afford it, than they are going to be a better quality customer than 3 separate ones who don't care about the festival. But the amount of money for tickets is the same.

Of course, a 3 dayer probably spends more on other things. But even if you believe this concept that they are "money grubbing" somehow...yes! They are a for profit company. If the recession is hurting them (not that it did last year from what I've read), then they need to change the way they do business or risk dying.

I just hate the idea that they somehow OWE each individual something just because times are hard. Last year, I was in an economic mess, and I didn't get to go. I didn't blame it on GoldenVoice for refusing to give me a free pass.

i love coachella.

C'mere you, let's hug this out.:pulse

SJserio
01-22-2010, 02:40 PM
im just pushing everyone's buttons because out of all the years that i went to coachella, coheed & cambria is back, and i will kill to see them again and again and again. and again. *along with saving as much money as possible.
im over with my lil bit of whining :D

Monklish
01-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Oh, you like Coheed and Cambria? Please tell me you can't afford to come.

SJserio
01-22-2010, 02:45 PM
sarcasm intended?

i love coheed.

Blinken
01-22-2010, 02:51 PM
In 2007 I only wanted to go in Sunday, maybe Saturday. Guess what happened single says sold out immediately. So I bite the bullet and got a 3 day pass even though I thought there was no one I wanted to see on Friday. It ended up that one of my favorite performances of the weekend happened that night, Gogol Bordello. It was that moment that I knew I would be back at every Coachella.

If had been able to get just a single day ticket then I would have missed 2008 because the lineup didn't wow me at first, that has become my favorite year with Portishead's show topping my list of best concerts. I have a lot of good friends that I meet for the first time in 2008 as well. So just go all three days you will find something great to see that you never would have otherwise.

PrettyRagdoll
01-22-2010, 03:00 PM
serioiusly guys. i need some reassurance too.. there HAS to be single day tickets :(!!!!

Do you know what there HAS to be? A search function

travolta
01-22-2010, 03:02 PM
lol GV isn't trying to get a "better" quality customer....

it all boils down to money, not some altruistic Kumbaya poppycock.

that, and this is a big FU to scalpers/resellers.

danielaB
01-23-2010, 12:21 AM
So bummed, this would have been the first time my boyfriend and I were able to make it to Coachella for 2 of the 3 days. Since we are not able to but 2 single days (friday/sat) we will not be able to go. I am unemployed and cant afford to go, but I was going to stretch my $ for the 2 days, now that I have to buy a 3day pass that I wont fully use I just cant justify it anymore......So bummed:rolleyes

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-23-2010, 12:29 AM
The cost of two single day passes (at last years rates) are only about $50 off what this years three day passes cost (including fee's)

food for thought.

Foucault
01-23-2010, 07:36 AM
A question: What are the ticket policies other festivals? My guess is that Bonnaroo is definitely all three days; don't know about Lolla...

oldfart
01-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Life is full of compomises. This year parking and camping next to your packed up vehicle. Awesome! In and Outs. Awesome! The fact that being there for 3 days you might discover a new band you like. Incredible!

ADGZ662
01-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Ummm also this :rolleyes

Will there be tickets sold at the event?
If the festival doesn't sell out in advance, then tickets will be available at the box office on the show dates.

I dont think its selling out but who knows.

donkey sex
01-23-2010, 09:06 AM
some individuals on ebay already (how?)...very high prices

Reporter

mountmccabe
01-23-2010, 11:37 AM
lol GV isn't trying to get a "better" quality customer....

it all boils down to money, not some altruistic Kumbaya poppycock.

that, and this is a big FU to scalpers/resellers.

Wanting "better" customers is about money. By Sunday attendees'll be more used to the festival than folks that'd just be showing up for that one day would. They're easier to deal with and thus cheaper to deal with.

And, really, "better" in this instance doesn't necessarily mean better music taste or better acting or whatn't. It means more interested in the festival and thus more interested in spending money in and around the festival.

The scalpers/resellers thing is a good point, though. The pass is less fluid than individual tickets and, as they say in the FAQ, if it doesn't sell out they can sell single days at the door (or they could choose to do so the week before or whatever.)

Though, really, if they were that money grubbing of a corporation, if they were that unconcerned with customer good will... they could've raised prices. Which didn't happen.

seandigi
01-23-2010, 11:57 AM
This is why many of us are loving this change. Prince, Madonna, Rage...they all threw off the balance. You get too many people in who are just parked in front of the stage not having fun, or they don't even show up until late in the evening. I'd rather have 50,000 people who want to have fun and ditch the other 10,000. And GV is clearly not worried about the financial implications. (OK, they are probably a little worried, but they wouldn't have done it unless they thought it was a good idea.)

What's good for the festival is good for business in the long run, and this is very good for the festival.

Well said. The in's and out's are a change for the better too.

Bud Luster
01-23-2010, 12:09 PM
http://slantmouth.com/articles/unfunny-article/images/cry-like-bitch.jpg

magenta
01-23-2010, 12:12 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

CitizenJ
01-23-2010, 01:58 PM
http://slantmouth.com/articles/unfunny-article/images/cry-like-bitch.jpg

http://www.surgicalshop.com/health_wellness_products/images/big_douch_bag.jpg

mountmccabe
01-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Thats a fantastic mindset. I went all 3 days last year year but this year really can not afford to go all 3 days and was looking to hit the best overall day. I am a music lover and love bands on many of the days but I CAN NOT AFFORD IT. so instead of getting like 100+ dollars from me they will be getting zero, and I won't get to experience any of coachella this year. its a double loss.

It's not a double loss, it's just a loss for you. That space will be sold to someone else who CAN afford to go all three days.

Or at least that's the idea.

mickflyy
01-23-2010, 03:11 PM
go all three days there is always someone worth seeing, ive been pleasantly surprised by bands i had enevr heard of

boarderwoozel3
01-23-2010, 03:14 PM
If it's obvious the festival isn't going to sell out on 3-day passes I'd anticipate single day tickets being put on sale before the festival. Just a guess though.

karma_guy
01-23-2010, 04:19 PM
A question: What are the ticket policies other festivals? My guess is that Bonnaroo is definitely all three days; don't know about Lolla...

bonnaroo only sells the 4 day pass
lollapalooza has traditionally sold 3 day passes and single day passes
but you can't really compare bonnaroo/coachella to lollapalooza

lolla makes the ticket prices a lot lower (about 100$ lower id say) by having ridiculous amounts of advertising. plus, coachella and bonnaroo are experiences, lollapalooza isn't really.

(i say this having gone to lolla twice and coachella once)

Warsee2
01-23-2010, 04:21 PM
good or bad, there's a lotta whining on these message boards, both for and against the 3-day only pass

SJserio
01-23-2010, 04:57 PM
youre whining by saying everyone else is whining

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-23-2010, 05:12 PM
which you're adding to
making the cycle go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and-

SJserio
01-23-2010, 05:35 PM
forums are for whining :D

shoegazer76
01-23-2010, 05:56 PM
forums are for whining :D
Uhhh no forums are generally for social interaciton, free exchange of information, ideas & opinions (that could be interpreted as whining).

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Uhhh no forums are generally for social interaciton, free exchange of information, ideas & opinions (that could be interpreted as whining).

that'll be $5

zoee203
01-23-2010, 06:24 PM
if you are interested in purchasing single day tickets email info@coachella.com and let them know. maybe if enough people email them they will put single day tickets for sale. at least it can't hurt, my friends and i have already done it.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-23-2010, 06:29 PM
it'll probably just end up pissing them off

PM PsychicFriend instead :)

Lithium
01-23-2010, 10:27 PM
kroq is giving away single days. i think they'll sell eventually

Warsee2
01-23-2010, 10:30 PM
http://www.rccarblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/mad-man-pulling-hair-out.jpg

gaypalmsprings
01-23-2010, 10:31 PM
it'll probably just end up pissing them off

PM PsychicFriend instead :)

Then she'll get PMS, which is not pretty.

didimydoe3
01-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Why does Monklish cry about every post?

ksym26
01-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Sent an email to info@coachella.com regarding single day tickets and the auto-reply wrote: "This year we are ONLY selling festival passes. A festival pass is good for any/all 3 days." So, you have to buy a 3 day festival pass even if you just want to go 1 day or 2 days.

cjamesgo8421
01-24-2010, 07:24 PM
if you can't find any artist to watch on a particular day then it doesn't seem like you're really into music enough to enjoy a festival. There are 40 artists I'd like to see this year and hopefully I'll get to see half of them. Either way Coachella is always the best weekend of the year, I get to run around in my underwear, take drugs if I feel like it and see some of the artists I've been listening to all year, can't wait! Toteschella!

SJserio
01-24-2010, 08:06 PM
sometimes its not about if you can appreciate the music, because i can, but sometimes its really a money problem. i always go all three days, but this year my wallet is very very thin.
im sure ill get in somehow, i just wish they hadnt done this.

crtwrnr
01-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Whatever. My whole family, brothers, cousins, uncle..have piled in the van and gone every year for 6 years. Now we can't afford it.
So you all enjoy the new "better" crowd of hipsters with their flower headbands and trendy $50 dollar vintage t-shirts. I cannot even believe there are people on this thread defending Coachella's choice to do this. It's greedy. Pure and simple.

transonic
01-25-2010, 12:22 PM
My wife and I have been to every Coachella. We stopped caring who was on the lineup years ago. Coachella is about the full experience and we have never been disappointed.

lexineffect
01-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Whatever. My whole family, brothers, cousins, uncle..have piled in the van and gone every year for 6 years. Now we can't afford it.
So you all enjoy the new "better" crowd of hipsters with their flower headbands and trendy $50 dollar vintage t-shirts. I cannot even believe there are people on this thread defending Coachella's choice to do this. It's greedy. Pure and simple.

So people who can afford a three day pass are hipsters, what rubbish. I make minimum wage and just have to lockdown for months and scrape every dime together.

Gypsy Girl
01-25-2010, 01:19 PM
So many haters and snobs! This goes against everything Coachella is about!

DFrank
01-25-2010, 01:41 PM
I dont see what makes it sooo much easier having wristbands rather than a 20 minute line with tickets. And they will lose money. Example: A lot of people went just for Macca last year, which they wouldnt have shelled out $300 if that was the only choice.

I am going this year but i just feel bad for the fellow boardies and coachella goers that cannot afford it.

They'll definitely sell tickets at the door for single day prices, no way they'll sell a $300 ticket on sunday.

crtwrnr
01-25-2010, 01:44 PM
So people who can afford a three day pass are hipsters, what rubbish. I make minimum wage and just have to lockdown for months and scrape every dime together.

Sorry to offend. But I truly believe you will be in the minority this year, and furthermore, it is damn sad that you have put out that kind of money.

amdux
01-25-2010, 06:19 PM
please don't lynch me or my family for asking, but what was the reasoning behind having one 3-day wristband vs. three 1-day wristbands?

i guess it makes sense to hand out only 1 for the entire weekend (just one line for the entire weekend to stand in, at least for your pass), but if someone somehow loses that one wristband, they are out of luck for the entire weekend (as opposed to just being screwed out of the one day), so that one wristband had better be pretty goddamned durable, especially if one is going to enjoy everything to the fullest

and i get that other festivals have been doing a festival-long pass for a while, but this is the first year for Coachella, so it should be expected that some people would be upset, especially if they're used to coming for single days -

:afu

JustSteve
01-25-2010, 09:10 PM
it is impossible to lose a cloth wristband, if that is what they are using this year. impossible.

and it is much cheaper to make 50,000 wristbands for 3 days than 150,000 wristbands for 3 days.

Gypsy Girl
01-26-2010, 07:45 AM
Let’s all email Coachella to complain about no single day tickets info@coachella.com

Make our voices heard!

Monklish
01-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Emailing info@coachella isn't going to do anything. Believe it or not, the person who answers that email box doesn't run the company.

Gypsy Girl
01-26-2010, 08:12 AM
thanks for the positive suggestion Looks like you will be staying home

biged214
01-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Here is a post on the KROQ website in regards to the matter posted by Bean:

"Email, we get email. Hereís Vic:

ďIím freaking out. I cant find the answer to this question anywhere. Hopefully you guys can help me! Is Coachella going to sell single day tickets this year? I cant seem to find anywhere to purchase them, just the three day passes.

Help???

Thanks, VicĒ

Vicís answer, after the jump.

Yes! They will be selling single day tickets for Coachella again this year. Like always! They just havenít announced when yet. Thatís why you canít buy them. They are not on sale yet.

But I promise you, you will not miss the announcement if you listen to KROQ once in a while. We are all over that sh*te! MMMMíkay?"

sam4ue
01-26-2010, 09:47 AM
This was to be my first Coachella and I heard that for past Coachella's single day tickets were available. But now I will not be able to go because I cannot afford the 3 day pass. That to me sucks that they are not selling single day tickets, not because i want to pick and choose what bands I want to see, all 3 day have bitchn bands playing.

lexineffect
01-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Sorry to offend. But I truly believe you will be in the minority this year, and furthermore, it is damn sad that you have put out that kind of money.

You are a tight ass sob aren't you. I can't believe you even think it is that much cash considering what it would cost to see the bands alone. Maybe you just don't put enough value on music and in which case you are the one no one cares about. So while you are your family sink back $200 worth of booze to get over the fact that you can't afford a $300 ticket I will be having fun. I know plenty of people who are in the same boat and work in crappy jobs but still see value in a three day pass. Maybe you can take your family get in your van and drive it off a cliff.

sonicc
01-26-2010, 12:26 PM
If you can't afford a 300 dollar ticket and are over the age of 25, you seriously need to stop attending music festivals and get a fucking job. Or be a millionaire like me.

dorkfish
01-27-2010, 02:50 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2010/01/coachella-2010-say-goodbye-to-single-day-tickets.html

dontfeedthebird
01-27-2010, 03:00 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2010/01/coachella-2010-say-goodbye-to-single-day-tickets.html

I love Paul T. Thanks.

psycobetabuckdown
01-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Before any lurkers make this argument (from the LA times comment section), allow me to counter it.

If 80% already buy the 3-day then why not let the minority 20% have the option of seeing what they wish? The real reason is they want to control re-sale market for single day tickets. In past years the 3-day pass was 3 single-day tickets, and people who wanted to go to 2 out of 3 days would just sell their extra day, but of course the organizer doesn't get to pocket that. It's nothing more than a money grab at the expense of fans which amounts to pure greed, especially in this economy. I still expect them to release a limited amount of single days close to the festival date.

You're probably right, but GV have every right to those resales - that's their money. To call it "greed" is laughable. "Greed" implies excess - there is nothing excessive about preventing scalpers from stealing GV's money.

HandBanana
01-28-2010, 10:13 AM
I truncated it, but the best quote from the LA Times piece is

"The Coachella message boards are filled with angry fans"

guedita
01-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Way for that journalist to consider the fact that people might uh, you know, sell their 3-day wrist band if they don't want to go on the 3rd day.

beavington
01-28-2010, 10:51 AM
please don't lynch me or my family for asking, but what was the reasoning behind having one 3-day wristband vs. three 1-day wristbands?

i guess it makes sense to hand out only 1 for the entire weekend (just one line for the entire weekend to stand in, at least for your pass), but if someone somehow loses that one wristband, they are out of luck for the entire weekend (as opposed to just being screwed out of the one day), so that one wristband had better be pretty goddamned durable, especially if one is going to enjoy everything to the fullest

and i get that other festivals have been doing a festival-long pass for a while, but this is the first year for Coachella, so it should be expected that some people would be upset, especially if they're used to coming for single days -

:afu

if you have camped you got a wristband that is expected to stay on all weeeknd. And if you only got one wristband per weekend for drinking, i am sure you would make suer you kept a hold of that too. Its not like they just use regular paper for the wristbands...and if they are the cloth ones that is even better. I always liked those ones.

kroqken
01-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Way for that journalist to consider the fact that people might uh, you know, sell their 3-day wrist band if they don't want to go on the 3rd day.

The third day is the best day.

breeholmes09
01-28-2010, 11:08 AM
i think the three day tickets for $269 considering all the artists who are performing is a pretty good deal. it would be so much more to pay for all the people you want to see separately...

jockeyfullofbourbon
01-28-2010, 07:12 PM
I can only go to Saturday as my school schedule shat all over my Coachella plans yesterday, so hopefully they sell tickets day of at the gates. I would LOVE to go all 3 days, but that ain't happening. Oh well.

JustSteve
01-28-2010, 08:06 PM
they will most likely be pro-rated...show up on saturday and you will also be springing for sunday. friday? well, you're buying a 3 day pass.

nima81
01-29-2010, 03:25 PM
man you guys are dumb... there is a fucking recession going on, if not everyone can afford $300 tickets, its understandable. So much hate, just because the guy cant afford $300 tickets. Most people don't want to see 200 bands, they pick 5-6 and they are happy with that. All you haters are just victims of corporate brainwashing. Just because golden voice decided to lock us into $300 tickets, does not mean that everyone is thrilled about it...

lexineffect
01-29-2010, 03:39 PM
man you guys are dumb... there is a fucking recession going on, if not everyone can afford $300 tickets, its understandable. So much hate, just because the guy cant afford $300 tickets. Most people don't want to see 200 bands, they pick 5-6 and they are happy with that. All you haters are just victims of corporate brainwashing. Just because golden voice decided to lock us into $300 tickets, does not mean that everyone is thrilled about it...

Most people just want to see 5 or 6 bands???? Why would you be at a festival to see 5 or 6 bands. Where did you pull this statistic from? Not everyone is thrilled about it but it is also not some conspiracy brought down from the ivory tower.

biged214
02-01-2010, 08:15 AM
imo, I think alot of people want to see 5 or 6 bands because they hardly play locally anyways, like for me, I am going to go see muse and tieso, when do they ever come around? This is a chance to see big name bands that you love and who knows when they'll be around again. At the same time you get to enjoy a days worth of other music that you've never heard of and may like a new band. So a single day pass can go a long way.

guedita
02-01-2010, 08:17 AM
imo, I think alot of people want to see 5 or 6 bands because they hardly play locally anyways, like for me, I am going to go see muse and tieso, when do they ever come around? This is a chance to see big name bands that you love and who knows when they'll be around again. At the same time you get to enjoy a days worth of other music that you've never heard of and may like a new band. So a single day pass can go a long way.

You aren't being serious, are you?

lexineffect
02-01-2010, 08:59 AM

Mmm ok so do you mean you live in Palm Springs and no bands ever come there? Muse is playing a bunch of dates in the states outside of Coachella this year. Tiesto will no doubt other US dates as well.

http://muse.mu/tour-dates/

a)I think the 3 day pass is good value for what you get to see.

b)It is a festival not a one day show by nature it is set up for a multi day experience

c)If you only wanted to go to see Muse and Tiesto I would think that perhaps you are not that much of a music and festival fan anyway.

biged214
02-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Mmm ok so do you mean you live in Palm Springs and no bands ever come there? Muse is playing a bunch of dates in the states outside of Coachella this year. Tiesto will no doubt other US dates as well.

http://muse.mu/tour-dates/

a)I think the 3 day pass is good value for what you get to see.

b)It is a festival not a one day show by nature it is set up for a multi day experience

c)If you only wanted to go to see Muse and Tiesto I would think that perhaps you are not that much of a music and festival fan anyway.

That's my point exactly, the only tour date in so. cal that muse has is this festival, and no i am not much of a festival person but still nice to go for a day and not alot people are festival people but im sure they would still like to see their favorite bands when they come around.

lexineffect
02-01-2010, 12:04 PM
That's my point exactly, the only tour date in so. cal that muse has is this festival, and no i am not much of a festival person but still nice to go for a day and not alot people are festival people but im sure they would still like to see their favorite bands when they come around.

Yeah so you live in an area where no bands play so you want Coachella to run things around the way you want them to go. I would have thought that if you never have any bands come to your part of the country you would be more enthusiastic to get a three day pass so you could get your once a year dose of music.

JoinMyRant
02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
To the Goers: Stop the nonsense. Stop ragging on people who are complaining that things are changing. Stop using the "it's worth the money" argument. Not everyone; lives close, can afford jacked up hotel prices for 3 nights, wants to re-live woodstock in 110 degree weather while camping.

To goldenvoice: are you 50% sold out yet? No? Didn't think so. Good luck with that.

HAMMERHEAD
02-01-2010, 02:51 PM
To the Goers: Stop the nonsense. Stop ragging on people who are complaining that things are changing. Stop using the "it's worth the money" argument. Not everyone; lives close, can afford jacked up hotel prices for 3 nights, wants to re-live woodstock in 110 degree weather while camping.

To goldenvoice: are you 50% sold out yet? No? Didn't think so. Good luck with that.

1) the "you get your money's worth" argument keeps getting brought up for a reason, namely because you get your money's worth.

2) what does living close have to do with attending coachella? if you bought a 1-day pass and lived far away the trek would be just as far whether you stayed for a night or the weekend.

3) camping passes for the entire weekend are cheaper than you would pay to split the shittiest room in the valley and still get a bed.

4) if you can't handle the heat, don't come out.

5) the point of making people commit to the weekend is to weed out the casual retards that want to come see 1-2 bands, get wasted in the beer garden all day, and in general detract from the overall experience.

6) what part about %80 of their ticket sales comes from 3-day passes did you miss? considering the lineup i don't see that figure dropping much, if at all.

7) we get you're frustrated by it, but remember that for most of the people on here the lack of single day passes means nothing to us. coachella is staying exactly the same for the vast majority of its attendees. thats why you're not gonna find sympathy here

JoinMyRant
02-01-2010, 03:07 PM
1)the "you get your money's worth" argument keeps getting brought up for a reason, namely because you get your money's worth.

That argument is worthless. Does the 3 day pass include lodging and food?

2) what does living close have to do with attending coachella? if you bought a 1-day pass and lived far away the trek would be just as far whether you stayed for a night or the weekend.

I've known plenty of people that come out from other states and spend $100 on a one day ticket, and $130 for a hotel that night, and they get a great days worth of fun. Times that by 3 and they don't even think twice about not going, not in this economy.

3) camping passes for the entire weekend are cheaper than you would pay to split the shittiest room in the valley and still get a bed.

Woodstock, 110 degrees, showers are rare, so is actually sleeping.

Most people can handle it with a good nights sleep. Camping in it, is another animal. Coachella used to be convenient. Now it's made to be a pain, or expensive.

5) the point of making people commit to the weekend is to weed out the casual retards that want to come see 1-2 bands, get wasted in the beer garden all day, and in general detract from the overall experience.

Yeah, we get the point genius. I was there for the rage shows, and I get it. Who attracted that crowd though? Oh yeah... it was the lineup.

6) what part about %80 of their ticket sales comes from 3-day passes did you miss? considering the lineup i don't see that figure dropping much, if at all.

I saw that number and laughed. Certain days have been dead the past couple of years. I really doubt those numbers are anything but a marketing ploy. Anyways, even if those numbers were true, that doesn't mean they sold out 80% of their tickets, it means that they sold out 40% of their tickets and 80% of those were 3 day passes. If it was really that percentage, they wouldn't care about the 20% of leftovers.

7) we get you're frustrated by it, but remember that for most of the people on here the lack of single day passes means nothing to us. coachella is staying exactly the same for the vast majority of its attendees. thats why you're not gonna find sympathy here

Since when do people come to message boards for sympathy. The point is to get the word out a bit, maybe goldenvoice will see it, who knows, but its a message board, not a help group. If the complaining really bothers you, ask the moderator to delete it, or ignore it yourself.

JustSteve
02-01-2010, 03:09 PM
all i want to do is join my dick to your asshole.

JoinMyRant
02-01-2010, 03:14 PM
all i want to do is join my dick to your asshole.

You're brilliant as well eh? Board full of geniuses, how do you self made entrepreneurs have time to come up with this stuff? I'm quite amazed that you balance your busy social life, have time to spend all the money you make, and can still post a well thought out response here.

JustSteve
02-01-2010, 03:15 PM
is that a yes?

hawkingvsreeve
02-01-2010, 03:22 PM
OH MY GOD THIS ECONOMY

Monklish
02-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Why, Brandon... your economy... it's so... it's so... BIG.

guedita
02-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm high-fiving everyone I see at the festival and screaming "THIS ECONOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

hawkingvsreeve
02-01-2010, 03:27 PM
It's economy sized.

I'll be here all week.

caco0283
02-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Hey keep it the way it is....Dani needs to eat too!!!

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Maybe a 3 day music festival is meant for people who have not been as affected by "the economy" or love the event enough to be able top plan ahead and save enough for it to not be an issue.

Maybe if "the economy" has had such a disastrous effect on your life you shouldn't be thinking about attending such an event in the first place

Maybe Goldenvoice is actually doing you a favor by keeping you from succumbing to this horrid beast know as "THE ECONOMY"

chairmenmeow47
02-01-2010, 04:58 PM
this horrid beast know as "THE ECONOMY"

*shudders in fear*

ArcadeParade
02-01-2010, 05:09 PM
70 some days until my paradise!

JoinMyRant
02-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Maybe a 3 day music festival is meant for people who have not been as affected by "the economy" or love the event enough to be able top plan ahead and save enough for it to not be an issue.

Maybe if "the economy" has had such a disastrous effect on your life you shouldn't be thinking about attending such an event in the first place

Maybe Goldenvoice is actually doing you a favor by keeping you from succumbing to this horrid beast know as "THE ECONOMY"

Jerkoff, there you go being a jerkoff again. Did anyone blame the economy? Good job taking a verb and turning it into a reason though. You're quite the professor too I see.

brfilora
02-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Hey keep it the way it is....Dani needs to eat too!!!

caco...your Avatar is really hot and WAYYYY too small

sandra85
02-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah so you live in an area where no bands play so you want Coachella to run things around the way you want them to go. I would have thought that if you never have any bands come to your part of the country you would be more enthusiastic to get a three day pass so you could get your once a year dose of music.

Irrelevant, but I want to say how much I love that you have Jaco Pastorius as your avatar.

beavington
02-03-2010, 01:12 PM
1)the "you get your money's worth" argument keeps getting brought up for a reason, namely because you get your money's worth.

That argument is worthless. Does the 3 day pass include lodging and food?

I've known plenty of people that come out from other states and spend $100 on a one day ticket, and $130 for a hotel that night, and they get a great days worth of fun. Times that by 3 and they don't even think twice about not going, not in this economy.

Woodstock, 110 degrees, showers are rare, so is actually sleeping.

Most people can handle it with a good nights sleep. Camping in it, is another animal. Coachella used to be convenient. Now it's made to be a pain, or expensive.

Yeah, we get the point genius. I was there for the rage shows, and I get it. Who attracted that crowd though? Oh yeah... it was the lineup.

I saw that number and laughed. Certain days have been dead the past couple of years. I really doubt those numbers are anything but a marketing ploy. Anyways, even if those numbers were true, that doesn't mean they sold out 80% of their tickets, it means that they sold out 40% of their tickets and 80% of those were 3 day passes. If it was really that percentage, they wouldn't care about the 20% of leftovers.

Since when do people come to message boards for sympathy. The point is to get the word out a bit, maybe goldenvoice will see it, who knows, but its a message board, not a help group. If the complaining really bothers you, ask the moderator to delete it, or ignore it yourself.

I dont recall Coachella ever being dead in the last 4 years. Its been pretty well attended. And you do get your moneys worth, but the thing is you value your money for other things, and people on here value their money for music and concerts so in their mind they do get their money's worth. And in mine too. Which turns to the fact that the people who will plop down $300 without a heartbeat just says they are the ideal customer the people of Coachella want.

You can rationalize not going all you want you will still be wrong.

JoinMyRant
02-18-2010, 10:22 AM
I dont recall Coachella ever being dead in the last 4 years. Its been pretty well attended. And you do get your moneys worth, but the thing is you value your money for other things, and people on here value their money for music and concerts so in their mind they do get their money's worth. And in mine too. Which turns to the fact that the people who will plop down $300 without a heartbeat just says they are the ideal customer the people of Coachella want.

You can rationalize not going all you want you will still be wrong.

I wouldn't expect YOU to recall it being dead. I'm telling you how it is. Friday last year, dead. I'm not rationalizing not going. You can rationalize the decision the go from selling single day ticket to not selling single day tickets all you want, but in the end you are wrong.

guedita
02-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah, Paul McCartney really deadened the festival last year on Friday. Barely anyone showed up for that.

GuyInTucson
02-18-2010, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't expect YOU to recall it being dead. I'm telling you how it is. Friday last year, dead. I'm not rationalizing not going. You can rationalize the decision the go from selling single day ticket to not selling single day tickets all you want, but in the end you are wrong.

Only an idiot that isn't resourceful or that lacks any common sense would say any of the past four years have been "dead".

Go google "Coachella attendance" you moron.

M Sparks
02-18-2010, 01:51 PM
The thing about Coachella attendance is that the design of the festival tends to minimize or exaggerate the crowds depending on what's going on and where you are in relationship to it. How many articles mentioned how dead things were on Jack Johnson night in '08. Yet there was bedlam at the Sahara for Fatboy Slim (which, to be honest, would not have been that huge a draw if JJ wasn't on.

Sometimes, there are particularly strong draws on most or all the stages...in this case, the crowds seem lower because you can walk around easily, and the people are spread out. If there are a few weaker acts on multiple stages, it can make the walkways see crowded as everyone eats at once, or everyone heads to the Main stage or Sahara by default.

In any case, has the daily attendance ever dropped below 50,000 since the 3-day started? The last 5000 each day are the ones who cause problems, get wasted, or don't show up until after dark. Fuck 'em.

beavington
02-18-2010, 02:17 PM

How are you telling me like it is when I saw it with my own eyes. It was not dead at all. As a matter of fact it was a hell of a lot busier than I expected.

You, my loser, are wrong. End of story. Nothing more to be said. Goodbye.

lexineffect
02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Irrelevant, but I want to say how much I love that you have Jaco Pastorius as your avatar.

And I love that you recognized him...genius

david.sound
02-19-2010, 12:12 AM
It's funny how people get all defensive on forums over anything. Coachella is dumb and all of you are f's. Waaahhh cry the fuck more. You are all autistic.

Shitty bands.

insbordnat
02-19-2010, 02:52 AM
It's even funnier how worked up you are getting. Thank you for your eloquent statement that Coachella is "dumb" and we are all "f's". Oh, not only are we dumb and gay, we're also autistic. And to add insult to injury: shitty bands.

Coachella, lacking neurons and cognitive function, can't really be "dumb", can it? I mean, Coachella doesn't have any means of reasoning. No cerebral cortex means Coachella can't be dumb. So there.

And f's? One thing I always turn down is an erect penis. I'm sure many (but not all) would feel the same.

I would argue that while many here may show signs of Asperger-like traits, not sure how many would be considered truly autistic. But if there are any of you out there, let's go to Vegas and win us some money playing blackjack. "Ten minutes to Wapner!"

david.sound
02-19-2010, 04:01 AM
It's even funnier how worked up you are getting. Thank you for your eloquent statement that Coachella is "dumb" and we are all "f's". Oh, not only are we dumb and gay, we're also autistic. And to add insult to injury: shitty bands.

Coachella, lacking neurons and cognitive function, can't really be "dumb", can it? I mean, Coachella doesn't have any means of reasoning. No cerebral cortex means Coachella can't be dumb. So there.

And f's? One thing I always turn down is an erect penis. I'm sure many (but not all) would feel the same.

I would argue that while many here may show signs of Asperger-like traits, not sure how many would be considered truly autistic. But if there are any of you out there, let's go to Vegas and win us some money playing blackjack. "Ten minutes to Wapner!"

Thank you for caring so much.

P.S. Rainman is an awesome movie.

psychic friend
02-19-2010, 09:03 AM
warning to stop calling people homosexual slang. stop trolling.

Monklish
02-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Only Fs report posts.

corbo
02-19-2010, 12:33 PM
like Chris Rock said if the person is acting like a F@#$ then its ok to call him a F@#$. you don't have to be gay to be called a f%$#@. You don't even have to be a man to act like a F$%#@. anybody can act like a f%#$@

A-Ron
02-19-2010, 12:45 PM
What's a f%$#@?

Changoloco
02-19-2010, 12:48 PM

I, personally, would be happy if you just stay the fuck away from my festival. You sir, are not welcome here. Now go cut your ethernet cable and go cry to someone that cares. Because, honestly, we really don't.

tigermilkboy
02-19-2010, 01:01 PM
I am looking forward to another 'dead' Coachella. An easy drive and parking due to a lack of people. Nothing better than my own private music festival where all the bands are performing to me! All the bathrooms should be clean and spotless because it is so poorly attended. I don't know how GV do it year in year out, pay all this money out in this economy to lose money by not selling tickets.

Should be a blast! Please stay away JoinMyRant, don't ruin my dead-a-Coachella.

JoinMyRant
02-23-2010, 11:52 AM
I, personally, would be happy if you just stay the fuck away from my festival. You sir, are not welcome here. Now go cut your ethernet cable and go cry to someone that cares. Because, honestly, we really don't.

You personally would probably get off on a lot of simple things, i.e. attacking me on a forum. Let it be, this thread and it's message do not concern you. It's for the promoters when it comes down to crunch time. I am welcome wherever the fuck I please, and so is whatever I have to say, Dick.

JoinMyRant
02-23-2010, 11:54 AM
I am looking forward to another 'dead' Coachella. An easy drive and parking due to a lack of people. Nothing better than my own private music festival where all the bands are performing to me! All the bathrooms should be clean and spotless because it is so poorly attended. I don't know how GV do it year in year out, pay all this money out in this economy to lose money by not selling tickets.

Should be a blast! Please stay away JoinMyRant, don't ruin my dead-a-Coachella.

And what happens next year, if this year is dead all 3 days, instead of just 1?

Leeartlee
02-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Hmmm, let's see, I'm going to go with:

It won't be

beavington
02-23-2010, 12:02 PM
And what happens next year, if this year is dead all 3 days, instead of just 1?

the funny part is when it is all said and done you will tuck your tail between your legs, open a new alias to pretend like it didnt happen.

Plus if it is dead again this year, maybe they will go back to the drawing board and re-think their policy...until that happens try holding your breath

Gypsy Girl
02-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Where is the luv??? Wow, you guys are really rippin' on each other!

Leeartlee
02-23-2010, 12:40 PM
When it comes to the issue of single day tickets not being sold this year, there is pretty much a zero tolerance for bitching about it on this board

icarus
02-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Wow, you guys are really rippin' on each other!

Welcome to the internet, I'm sure you'll find tons of cool stuff in this amazing world you just discovered.

Nessh
03-02-2010, 10:04 PM
You Americans are wack. She asked a simple question. What is wrong with you people? So is it yes?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
03-02-2010, 10:17 PM
You fucking foreigners are so smug and stupid. If you'd even bothered to read the FAQ (something all fools should read), you'd realize that the answer has been spelled out for you. Maybe if you took the time to take your head out of your ass, you'd see how easy it is to find answers around here (without looking like so much of a jackass I might add. I say "so much" because since you're apparently foreign, you're already somewhat of a jackass).

TomAz
03-03-2010, 07:05 AM
ah doan wan no furreners et mah chella

C DUB YA
03-03-2010, 09:51 AM

I think they are my friend. They don't need your rant or Friday ticket to make or break them this year.

Good luck with your protest.

C DUB YA
03-03-2010, 09:56 AM
1)

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Go away lurker. Start up that 3-day pass protest website you've been creaming yourself over every night.

The rest of us, will have some fun.

C DUB YA
03-03-2010, 09:57 AM
1)

Having been to every Coachella except for one, I'd say the only time it was dead in the past was in 1999. Even then "dead" isn't the right word, because 25,000 is 25,000. Once 2002 came along it HAS NEVER BEEN DEAD attendance wise. This year will be no different.

Only someone who hasn't actually gone would claim Coachella hasn't sold well since say, 1999/2001

Sweet Al
03-07-2010, 03:09 PM
O.K. Here goes. The rationale Goldenvoice gives for not selling single day tickets (I know, this has been played out) is that single-day ticket holders clog up the hotels. What about those of us who live in close enough proximity to drive there and turn around and go home? Isn't living in the I.E. punishment enough? I guess my question is, how do I not feel cornholed by this decision when my single day situation would already require the monetary sacrifice everyone seems to assume I should make for the three day pass?

Stickjohn
03-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Just concentrate on not feeling cornholed.

You going to post this everywhere? Go sign the petition and leave us alone.

misterpickles
03-07-2010, 03:23 PM
i kind of like the 3-day pass only policy; it filters out all the weenies who only want to go for "1 day" psshhh :)

3po1nt0
03-07-2010, 03:29 PM
the palm springs desert sun newspaper quotes coachella's promoter as saying saturday and sunday tickets will likely be pro-rated. would you go to saturday (only) if it cost $200? if this is true, the people who just want to go sunday are essentially getting single day price for their wristband.

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20103050347

Sweet Al
03-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Just concentrate on not feeling cornholed.

You going to post this everywhere? Go sign the petition and leave us alone.

Us? Who the fuck are you?

Sweet Al
03-07-2010, 03:43 PM
BTW, Stickjohn and all of you other haters. These posts are not intended to satisfy our need to communicate with you. Lacking any other outlet than this, it is hoped that by reading the posts here Goldenvoice reconsider its choice of people to alienate next time.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-07-2010, 07:35 PM
The incessant crybaby whining and self righteousness will surely let them know that they have alienated the correct group of people.

Sweet Al
03-07-2010, 08:22 PM
You know what? F you guys. This was just a Sunday afternoon wank for me. Enjoy your music festival. Just don't be fooled: This is a way to get more money. It has nothing to do with hotel room availability. God bless them, if it works for them. They are not a charity, for crissakes. I just enjoyed going for a day. I spent a little money and took up about 4 square feet of lawn space. Why the hell you think people are encroaching on your "experience" is beyond me. By the way, ask your mom to turn up the heat in the basement; you must be cold.

softbulletin
03-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Most major festivals don't offer single day tickets, this was a long time coming. I think it only adds to the experience to have people there the entire weekend instead of just one day.

Sweet Al
03-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Most major festivals don't offer single day tickets, this was a long time coming. I think it only adds to the experience to have people there the entire weekend instead of just one day.

Finally, a person who expresses his opinion without being a dick. I hope your experience is a good one.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-07-2010, 08:49 PM
You know what? F you guys. This was just a Sunday afternoon wank for me. Enjoy your music festival. Just don't be fooled: This is a way to get more money. It has nothing to do with hotel room availability. God bless them, if it works for them. They are not a charity, for crissakes. I just enjoyed going for a day. I spent a little money and took up about 4 square feet of lawn space. Why the hell you think people are encroaching on your "experience" is beyond me. By the way, ask your mom to turn up the heat in the basement; you must be cold.

You're right - they are getting a lot more money out of me by charging the exact same price I paid for the exact same product in years past. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.

Sweet Al
03-07-2010, 09:14 PM
You're right - they are getting a lot more money out of me by charging the exact same price I paid for the exact same product in years past. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.

You seem to misunderstand. The "more money" reference concerns those who formerly attended via the one-day ticket option. Those folks, you see, would be paying three times the amount. Hence, "more money". Seriously, 3600+ posts? I'll be leaving you now. Enjoy your 3-day music extravaganza.

beavington
03-07-2010, 09:30 PM

actually if it was a way to get more money then they would sell all tickets individually. Because you know, single day tickets are higher priced and the average daily price of a three day pass. So this greed argument doesnt wash.

If theywere truly greedy it would be a 298 three day and daily individual pass as the $99.

so the greed argument is out.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
03-08-2010, 08:46 AM
You seem to misunderstand. The "more money" reference concerns those who formerly attended via the one-day ticket option. Those folks, you see, would be paying three times the amount. Hence, "more money". Seriously, 3600+ posts? I'll be leaving you now. Enjoy your 3-day music extravaganza.

Yes, 3600 posts in 14 months...a whopping average of about 8 posts a day. I obviously have no life.

JoinMyRant
03-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Who cares what the reason behind the decision was. The promoters need to do a lot more promoting and a lot less reasoning. Raise your hand if your first Coachella experience was a single day. Now raise your other hand if that single day alone got you hooked. I had 15-20 people ready for their first experience after showing them the Saturday lineup. That was my mistake for assuming this year would be like every other year.

JustSteve
03-09-2010, 03:49 PM
my first experience was the whole weekend.

fuck your rant.

GuyInTucson
03-09-2010, 03:55 PM
The only reason my first Coachella was a single day is because that is all that was offered in 2001. I remember how excited I was to hear they were moving it to 2-days back in '02.

The 2002 and 03 Coachella's were what got me "hooked", the 2001 introduced me but had they not came out with a lineup I enjoyed the following year I may not have gone.