PDA

View Full Version : Petition for Screens At Outdoor Stage

c.d.tomcat
01-21-2010, 07:10 PM
This post is for everyone who doesn't have the legs of a 13 year old and after standing three days in a row would like to take the occasional squat on the grass and watch larger acts on the Outdoor Stage.

I think it's due time to invest in some screens for overcrowded Outdoor bands that perform from 5pm until closing and draw massive crowds. Same goes for the Sahara tent I guess. Kind of like what Coachella did for Daft Punk a few years ago.

Please give us something to look at from 200 meters away? It would especially be nice for people who like to bounce back and forth from Main stage and Outdoor stage toward the end of the night.

I don't know if there has ever been a post about this. It may be old news, but if you are with me lets get this done.

Immortality! Take it... it's yours!

Monklish
01-21-2010, 07:11 PM
... I'm down with this.

frozen pilgrim
01-21-2010, 07:12 PM
that's actually a pretty cool idea. lying/sitting down at the outdoor is always so magical, and a couple of screens would enhance things. maybe one behind the sound booth?

ps, pleasr bring back the lasers from the outdoor theater. spotlights+lasers=win

fatbastard
01-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Why don't add a fly swatter on the door too.

c.d.tomcat
01-21-2010, 07:50 PM
frozen pilgrim:

one behind the sound booth would be great! I really don't think one screen at least would is too much to ask. They already have the cameras.

gaypalmsprings
01-21-2010, 07:52 PM
We need misters, too. And perhaps hostesses to take orders so we don't have to walk to the concession stands.

donkey sex
01-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Arcade Fire was tough to see from the outskirts of the food area

coachellabands
01-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Yes it was awesome for Daft Punk. Put one next to the jumbotron please

frozen pilgrim
01-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Yes it was awesome for Daft Punk. Put one next to the jumbotron please

what in the fuck are you talking about

nbvcide
01-22-2010, 12:23 AM
i would prefer to have a backing curtain on the Gobi..

fatbastard
01-22-2010, 02:59 PM
The tents used to be covered in the back at one point. I remember feeling claustrophobic in the back of the Sahara for The Prodigy.

captncrzy
01-22-2010, 03:00 PM
You know, some goddamn shade would be nice too.

fatbastard
01-22-2010, 03:04 PM
and girls in bikinis rubbing ice all over me.

nbvcide
01-23-2010, 01:48 PM

i agree, there is a large space that is completely empty 90% of the weekend in the back right-hand corner of the outdoor (nearer the food court) they could put one of those shade tents like they have at the Main there, and it would be fully used and would not be in the way, nor be a problem later in the evening when the area fills up..

another shad tent in all that empty wasted space in the beer garden near the Mojave wouldn't hurt either..

vogina
01-23-2010, 02:13 PM
more cowbell please.

fatbastard- ill rub ice all over myself and show you...but you might throw up all over me.

amyzzz
01-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Shade is more important than screens or lasers IMO.

CALRIZIAN
01-23-2010, 02:57 PM
I still to this day dont understand why they dont put actual bleachers on the outdoor theater.

Whats the point of putting those pewney little stands at all..

Would it really be that hard for them to just put put actual bleachers around the perimeter of the stage..

that would make it sooooo much more enjoyable

I rarely will catch an entire act at the outdoor theater

djsweatydank
01-25-2010, 06:50 PM
great, great idea.

marfawkah02
01-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Arcade Fire was tough to see from the outskirts of the food area

they were awesome up close! scarlet johanson was hot on stage =)

marfawkah02
01-26-2010, 11:16 AM
I still to this day dont understand why they dont put actual bleachers on the outdoor theater.

Whats the point of putting those pewney little stands at all..

Would it really be that hard for them to just put put actual bleachers around the perimeter of the stage..

that would make it sooooo much more enjoyable

I rarely will catch an entire act at the outdoor theater

actual bleachers would be stupid unless it were only for the handycap cuz thats who the pewney lil stands should be for . people go to festivals in the 1st place to get AWAY from seats! i do anyway & im surely not the only one

marfawkah02
01-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Shade is more important than screens or lasers IMO.

shade for sure!! but im sure coachella could afford bigger/ more clear screens & shade if they actually cared about the concert goers

gooftroop
01-28-2010, 12:38 PM
What the outdoor stage really needs is louder, clearer sound. Ever since I've been going (it really stared in '07) there have been all sorts of technical sound difficulties, and it's really tough if anything is playing on the main stage. I have heard great sound at the outdoor theater but other times it is very thin and does not project to the back of the crowd which is usually quite spread out.

Even some of my favorite sets (such as Metric in '08) were full of sound problems. I was very close and still had trouble hearing some parts, I'm sure others further back heard even less. And don't get me started on the Air '07 fiasco, god that was the worst.

So yeah while screens would be nice can we please get the sound right first? I often dread when some of my favorite acts play there because I know I'll have to get a damn good spot to really be able to hear (ie Cohen and Fleet Foxes last year). I'll still sign the petition though!

ballroomdancer22
01-28-2010, 11:05 PM
yesssssss.....this would come in handy when the inevitable Goldenvoice dumb choice to place an obvious mainstage act backfires with hordes of people at the outdoor.

nbvcide
01-29-2010, 12:17 AM
it wouldn't hurt to turn down the do lab... don't get me wrong, i LOVE the do lab..

but has anyone, EVER said they were in the do lab and couldn't hear because the Outdoor was drowning it out? no, of course not..

ballroomdancer22
01-29-2010, 12:17 AM
i second this, and yes screens and more lazers