PDA

View Full Version : What a weak concert

theAntipop
01-21-2010, 06:38 PM
lol trolling

boarderwoozel3
01-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Worst. First. Post. Ever.

Welcome to the board. You listen to KROQ, don't you?

theAntipop
01-21-2010, 06:41 PM

Welcome to the board. You listen to KROQ, don't you?

I don't know what the fuck KROQ is, but I don't listen to radio

thom cobain
01-21-2010, 06:41 PM

without a doubt.

Monklish
01-21-2010, 06:42 PM
I think the guy has some valid points.

Monklish
01-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Just out of curiosity, are you saying that Thom Yorke isn't confirmed because of the question marks?

hangthedj112
01-21-2010, 06:43 PM
no thanx, bro. I could probably do Vegas for cheaper AND see each of those bands in a small indoor venue from 10 feet away all for cheaper or the same cost.

http://i50.tinypic.com/25hhdgh.png

rskapcat
01-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Did the OP assume that the question marks after Thom Yorke's name mean he's not confirmed?

Undies
01-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Great job! We now understand that you don't like this festival. I'm glad you cleared all that up for us. Now we won't wonder why you never post here anymore. So long.

M Sparks
01-21-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't know what the fuck KROQ is, but I don't listen to radio

Of course not. You're the anti-pop.

Please fuck off.

Monklish
He really does have some good points guys. Don't flame.

theAntipop
Yea, why are there ???? after his name. I thought that means unconfirmed

WhyTheLongFace
haha what if Coachella really did that.

"This year at Coachella: Jay-Z, Muse, Gorillaz, and Thom Yorke. Well we hope he comes."

Bullpup
01-21-2010, 06:46 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/5b/Successful_troll2.jpg

beavington
01-21-2010, 06:46 PM
I can count only 7 good bands on here:

Them Crooked Vultures
Coheed and Cambria
Dillinger Escape Plan
Portugal the Man
Muse
Les Claypool
Faith No More

Worse, this is a huge outdoor arena style concert. 100+ feet away from the band, weak sound system, sets lasting less than an hour (aside from Muse who are headlining Saturday looks like).

How do you expect people to pay $400-500 for this? You're looking at $300+ for tickets, cost of driving there and gas, overpriced food, and shitty light beer for $8 a pop (i'm guessing heineken and miller lite are what'll be offered). No bands I really want to see Sunday either (ok, might be interesting to see Thom Yorke, but hes not even confirmed) and they aren't selling single day tickets.

no thanx, bro. I could probably do Vegas for cheaper AND see each of those bands in a small indoor venue from 10 feet away all for cheaper or the same cost.

OK, so maybe you don't like those same bands as me. But I find it hard to believe most people here would like more than a similar amount of bands. It's a big commercialized money making scheme. Booze and beer monopoly inside as well. Let's get as many bands together as possible, throw in some big name headliners, and milk the populace!

your complaints fall on deaf ears. Maybe take a chance and see if you end up liking more bands. It must be terribly sad to be so closed minded and know you will not like anything else, which is so hard for me to believe with 130 bands playing.

Monklish
01-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Four question marks is established shorthand for maybe, guys. Don't make fun.

biscodiscos
01-21-2010, 06:47 PM
I can count only 7 good bands on here.
OK, so maybe you don't like those same bands as me. But I find it hard to believe most people here would like more than a similar amount of bands

keep in mind this is a music festival. for people who actually listen to music. either way, glad your not coming.

zimmy1222
01-21-2010, 06:48 PM
He may have a few valid points, but his overall point is worthless...

...see all the bands in
Vegas separately for under 300 bucks??

really?

gmoneyak
Yeah, fuck the establishment!!

No more festivals!!

frozen pilgrim
...weak sound system...

uh...

okay. apart from everything else you said being retarded to the umpteenth degree, this is possibly one of the most egregiously inaccurate statements ever to grace this board.

every single stage at coachella packs either V-DOSC or K1 line array systems from L'acoustics, flown over vast rows of bone-crushing rat trap 2x18s

well, except for the gobi, which is done entirely by rat, with their wedge stacks over, again, rat trap 2x18s

this just proves above all else that you've never been to coachella, and have never read a decent review or even seen any decent proshot footage

imagine the dopest club system you've ever heard, and then set up five of those at once. and don't even get me started on the dome.

I mean, come the fuck on this isn't even one of the "actual" stages. and keep in mind it was a 360 degree setup. this shit in a full circle:
http://img1.purerave.com/5/09/5091209.jpg

oh, I'm sorry, is that a full blown vertec half line array STACKED ON THE FUCKING GROUND?! oh my no. it's fucking EIGHT OF THEM.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-21-2010, 06:49 PM
this thread is full of so much fail I could vomit

boarderwoozel3
01-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah, fuck the establishment!!

No more festivals!!

I refuse to conform to the bands the festival man tries to force-feed me.

rskapcat
01-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Randy, like minds.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-21-2010, 06:52 PM

Them Crooked Vultures
Coheed and Cambria
Dillinger Escape Plan
Portugal the Man
Muse
Les Claypool
Faith No More

Worse, this is a huge outdoor arena style concert. 100+ feet away from the band, weak sound system, sets lasting less than an hour (aside from Muse who are headlining Saturday looks like).

How do you expect people to pay $400-500 for this? You're looking at $300+ for tickets, cost of driving there and gas, overpriced food, and shitty light beer for $8 a pop (i'm guessing heineken and miller lite are what'll be offered). No bands I really want to see Sunday either (ok, might be interesting to see Thom Yorke, but hes not even confirmed) and they aren't selling single day tickets.

OK, so maybe you don't like those same bands as me. But I find it hard to believe most people here would like more than a similar amount of bands. It's a big commercialized money making scheme. Booze and beer monopoly inside as well. Let's get as many bands together as possible, throw in some big name headliners, and milk the populace!

Have you been to Coachella? Their soundsystem on the main stage is amazing.

JewFace
I have to say that I sometimes feel the regulars go a little overboard with the hazing of noobs, but wow. This jackass has earned all the derision coming his way. Hey, theAntipop, don't show up. Grace Jones will violently eviscerate you and use your entrails as a scarf and your skeleton as a microphone stand. You've been warned.

Monklish
Dudes, the sound DOES suck and I'm so tired of being hundreds of feet from the bands. I'm with Antipop. Don't try and poke holes in his argument, it won't work.

RoyBrisby
01-21-2010, 06:53 PM
I heard that there will only be 7 bands at coachella this year! Is that true?!

boarderwoozel3
01-21-2010, 06:53 PM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g221/huntwriter/OWOV/wolf_attack3.jpg

trentmorrison
01-21-2010, 06:55 PM
uh...

okay. apart from everything else you said being retarded to the umpteenth degree, this is possibly one of the most egregiously inaccurate statements ever to grace this board.

every single stage at coachella packs either V-DOSC or K1 line array systems from L'acoustics, flown over vast rows of bone-crushing rat trap 2x18s

well, except for the gobi, which is done entirely by rat, with their wedge stacks over, again, rat trap 2x18s

this just proves above all else that you've never been to coachella, and have never read a decent review or even seen any decent proshot footage

tell that to anthony and the johnsons last year

Monklish
You know, when you think about it, this festival totally sucks cocks. I can't believe they don't even confirm bands before they put them on the poster. Screw this.

frozen pilgrim
anybody else remember kraftwerk in 08? how fucking PERFECT was the sound for that.

theAntipop
lol trolling

frozen pilgrim
01-21-2010, 06:56 PM
fine, randy. you're right. I'm just jealous of other festivals and their factory-preset stuff set up by a temporary crew

gmoneyak
01-21-2010, 06:56 PM
The sound and distance from the stage is entirely negligible. It's a fucking festival, a massive collection of music for a huge number of people in one convenient location.

That's the appeal, you get what you're paying for.

EDIT: Cage the Elephant AND Genghis Tron...Oh, I get it know.

canexplain
01-21-2010, 06:57 PM
This is the new Randy. Sticky and sweet like a marshmello. You can tell how hot a thread is by views vs posts. This one 27 views=26 posts. Now that's funny. cr****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah

is that a bear?

Monklish
I'm not leaving this thread until you all agree that this guy is talking sense and we've clearly been duped.

MissingPerson
01-21-2010, 06:58 PM
I have to say that I sometimes feel the regulars go a little overboard with the hazing of noobs, but wow. This jackass has earned all the derision coming his way. Hey, theAntipop, don't show up. Grace Jones will violently eviscerate you and use your entrails as a scarf and your skeleton as a microphone stand. You've been warned.

She might, but the chances of her doing this to theAntipop are exactly the same as the chances of her doing it to anybody else there.

hendrixfan143
01-21-2010, 06:58 PM

Them Crooked Vultures
Coheed and Cambria
Dillinger Escape Plan
Portugal the Man
Muse
Les Claypool
Faith No More

funny thing is htat almost all of the bands you listed are unlistenable.

Monklish
01-21-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm staying right here until you all apologize. If it takes all night, then it takes all night.

frozen pilgrim
01-21-2010, 07:00 PM
I already apologized, so I'll see you guys later on back in that thread about how people playing frisbee ruined coachella for some hawiian guy

Monklish
01-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Know what else sucks about this festival? There's no drugs and nothing cool to look at, just a bunch of dumb shit that spits fire and crap.

rskapcat
01-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Antipop, based on the bands you listed, I think you might like some of the other bands on the lineup as well. The research is part of the fun. Just sayin'.

trentmorrison
01-21-2010, 07:05 PM
the tech crew on the 2nd stage all need to be fired..year after year there is always problems...anthony, peaches, air

Monklish
Another thing I really hate about Coachella is the grass. Grass isn't very metal. They should dig up the grass and lay down some more badass floors.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
im not trolling guys.

See, I would actually consider going, but it's just a pet peeve with huge concerts like this - Outside Lands included.

Why throw in such a wide variety of bands? With this, you either get the non-serious, "I like all types of music" crowd that just show up late for the big name headliners, cause that's all they know. Or you get people like me, who only want to see a handful of bands each day. For this, it is not worth a $500 weekend.

Why no single day tickets anymore?

I'd much rather have FEWER bands, giving each band a longer time slot. 50 minutes is reallly short. Especially in a huge crowded outdoor space. No sound insulation, far far away.

Example, way back in 2003 or 2004, just around the time Absolution was out... I saw Muse at I think 12 Galaxies (or some other venue) in San Francisco. It was probably only $15 or $20 bucks. I've also already seen DEP play twice now, $20 each show, AND they had 3 other bands I liked on tour with them. And I saw all of them from 5 feet away.

I was at Coachella last year. Very disappointed. Black Keys, Mastodon, Atmosphere, Murder City Devils, Silversun Pickups, A Place to Bury Strangers, My Bloody Valentine, Genghis Tron, Cage the Elephant - all were awesome. But again, I'd already seen half those bands live, and paying soo much (i even camped, so it was $30 plus a bitch and a half of getting beer inside). Then inside... no good beer! Only rip-off Heineken $8 for a 12oz.

Why the monopoly? Why not serve a better beer selection, or let people bring drinks and food from outside? You can go to Slim's or the Indpendent in SF and see live music and get beer on tap for like half the cost.

again, your argument is you can see all the bands on the line up for much cheaper. Some of these bands either never tour or flat out never perform so your logic there is unfounded.

boarderwoozel3
01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
is that a bear?

Not sure but those wolves sure are taking care of business.

superfiction
01-21-2010, 07:07 PM
are those wolves taking down a bear?

superfiction
01-21-2010, 07:08 PM
ha nvm

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-21-2010, 07:08 PM
I just asked the same thing!

edit: you beat me to it

beavington
01-21-2010, 07:09 PM
im not trolling guys.

See, I would actually consider going, but it's just a pet peeve with huge concerts like this - Outside Lands included.

Why throw in such a wide variety of bands? With this, you either get the non-serious, "I like all types of music" crowd that just show up late for the big name headliners, cause that's all they know. Or you get people like me, who only want to see a handful of bands each day. For this, it is not worth a $500 weekend.

I'd much rather have FEWER bands, giving each band a longer time slot. 50 minutes is reallly short. Especially in a huge crowded outdoor space. No sound insulation, far far away.

Example, way back in 2003 or 2004, just around the time Absolution was out... I saw Muse at I think 12 Galaxies (or some other venue) in San Francisco. It was probably only $15 or $20 bucks. I've also already seen DEP play twice now, $20 each show, AND they had 3 other bands I liked on tour with them. And I saw all of them from 5 feet away.

I was at Coachella last year. Very disappointed. Black Keys, Mastodon, Atmosphere, Murder City Devils, Silversun Pickups, A Place to Bury Strangers, My Bloody Valentine, Genghis Tron, Cage the Elephant - all were awesome. But again, I'd already seen half those bands live, and paying soo much (i even camped, so it was $30 plus a bitch and a half of getting beer inside). Then inside... no good beer! Only rip-off Heineken $8 for a 12oz.

Why the monopoly? Why not serve a better beer selection, or let people bring drinks and food from outside? You can go to Slim's or the Indpendent in SF and see live music and get beer on tap for like half the cost.

if youre gonna go you gotta get over the pet peeve of spending so much. Because that will never change and I am just thankful it doesnt seem to get more expensive every year. I will agree 50 minutes for some bands is too little, especially when Bonnaroo gives ample time to the bands and to the changeover, but I gather they have more room. Which is why the times are so short. I will say instead of starting some stages like at 2pm why not start every stage at 12 and space it out a bit more? (Perhaps that has to do with logistics that i cant fathom in my state).

To me music is half the reason I go, I could care less about some bands and sometimes find myself not being able to choose something so I just sit and relax. I just enjoy the environment, like minded people having the same weekend I am having, or sometimes a better one. So I figure all the bands I want to see and fair market value for seeing them and add it up, and it always surpasses what I would pay individually Them Crooked Vultures would set you back about $40, Faith No More another $40, Muse I would say about $35, Dilligner Espcape Plan you said was $20, Les Claypool would be another $30, Coheed and Cambria I would say costs $25, and I will give you Portugal. The Man for the bargain value of $15. you are not quite at 269 but close and the extra 64 dollars for beautiful scenery.

Aside from worrying about money did you not have a good time?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-21-2010, 07:09 PM
I think we should change this discussion into whether those wolves are attack a bear in that picture or not.

MissingPerson
01-21-2010, 07:10 PM
I think it's a bison.

Wolves are still cooler than bears though.

beavington
01-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Another thing I really hate about Coachella is the grass. Grass isn't very metal. They should dig up the grass and lay down some more badass floors.

a little starved right now?

gmoneyak
01-21-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm going with Moose, as the answer.

malcolmjamalawesome
01-21-2010, 07:12 PM
I like that he feels he paid too much to see a bunch of bands that he'd already seen. But, you know, he knew exactly what bands were playing and what the cost was before making that voluntary purchase.

Why am I saying "he"? This is clearly a woman.

GeezrRckr
01-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Did the OP assume that the question marks after Thom Yorke's name mean he's not confirmed?

becca....shhhh. someone needs a good spanking. let it unveil.

MissingPerson
01-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Beavington is that... is that the Krankies?

And if so, why? Why is that the Krankies?

beavington
01-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Beavington is that... is that the Krankies?

And if so, why? Why is that the Krankies?

It is the Krankies, and they make me smile. especially janette krankie.

heart cooks brain
01-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Hey...Bear Fucker!

GeezrRckr
01-21-2010, 07:19 PM
I think it's a bison.

bisons are grassland dwellers. stick to the leprechauns, MP :p

Mak Attack
01-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Yeah fuck Coachella it's really hot! Where is Daft Punk? The lineup is, like, totally really lame. I've never heard any of these bands on the radio. They must suck.

MissingPerson
01-21-2010, 07:24 PM
It is the Krankies, and they make me smile. especially janette krankie.

I see.

Qa_1pkn49u4

MissingPerson
01-21-2010, 07:24 PM
bisons are grassland dwellers. stick to the leprechauns, MP :p

Dammit.

OnlyNonStranger
01-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Without reading this thread, I would just like to state that if you think coheed and cambria is one of the only good bands in the lineup, then you are an idiot.

Mak Attack
01-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Let's not forget..."It's a big commercialized money making scheme."

Edit: I want to punch you in the face OP.

lediable76
01-21-2010, 07:36 PM

Them Crooked Vultures
Coheed and Cambria
Dillinger Escape Plan
Portugal the Man
Muse
Les Claypool
Faith No More

You're right....don't go. You don't fit the demographic...go to Bamboozle or to the Warped tour...or to one of those other fucked up festivals around. I personally happen to like about 40% of the bands on the bill.

thom cobain
01-21-2010, 07:37 PM
great concert.

delete thread.

i'm out this bitch.

kroqken
01-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Yeah fuck Coachella it's really hot! Where is Daft Punk? The lineup is, like, totally really lame. I've never heard any of these bands on the radio. They must suck.

It is not Coachella that is lame.

Mak Attack
01-21-2010, 07:40 PM
It is not Coachella that is lame.

Was it my sarcasm that failed?

FoxeyLady
01-21-2010, 07:48 PM
anybody else remember kraftwerk in 08? how fucking PERFECT was the sound for that.

THIS

instinct
01-21-2010, 07:55 PM
uh...

imagine the dopest club system you've ever heard, and then set up five of those at once. and don't even get me started on the dome.

I mean, come the fuck on this isn't even one of the "actual" stages. and keep in mind it was a 360 degree setup. this shit in a full circle:
http://img1.purerave.com/5/09/5091209.jpg

oh, I'm sorry, is that a full blown vertec half line array STACKED ON THE FUCKING GROUND?! oh my no. it's fucking EIGHT OF THEM.

Excellent post. Did you research this information yourself or are you involved? Too bad most people have never heard of L'acoustics and probably don't care. Coachella also has some bad-ass lighting especially in the Sahara tent. Martin MACs and Full Color lasers even in the Gobi (at least last year during Kid Sister.. or maybe it was Mojave?

zajaa
01-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Let's not forget..."It's a big commercialized money making scheme."

Edit: I want to punch you in the face OP.

seriously.

big money making scheme? how naive. do you have any idea how many people are involved with putting on the show? this is their jobs, how they put food on the table, and they deserve a paycheck just like you and i. and fyi, coachella lost money in its first year buddy, and almost didn't come back because of it. and commercialized? do you realize how small of a corporate advertising presence coachella has compared with smiliar events? i am not going to make this a personal insult contest as so often happens around here... let me just say that your statements are seriously unfounded.

Lt. Bowie
01-21-2010, 08:25 PM
You think Coheed and Cambria is one of the seven best bands on the lineup? God help you.

karma_guy
01-21-2010, 08:28 PM
my question is, why would someone take the time to create an account on this forum simply to tell us all this?

MuseRadio
01-21-2010, 08:30 PM
You know, when you think about it, this festival totally sucks cocks. I can't believe they don't even confirm bands before they put them on the poster. Screw this.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. One of the best things I have ever read on this board.

Lt. Bowie
01-21-2010, 08:30 PM
And he's never heard of the wonderful KROQ!! Full of mysteries!

sacleonard
01-21-2010, 08:54 PM
As others have mentioned, you probably shouldn't go. Other festivals' lineups fit the same genre, which may be more your style. The diversity is what many people like about Coachella.

GeezrRckr
01-21-2010, 09:02 PM
antipop, check this fest out:

http://www.msstate.edu/org/sports/Special%20Olympics.gif

(sorry...just had to)

frozen pilgrim
01-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Excellent post. Did you research this information yourself or are you involved? Too bad most people have never heard of L'acoustics and probably don't care. Coachella also has some bad-ass lighting especially in the Sahara tent. Martin MACs and Full Color lasers even in the Gobi (at least last year during Kid Sister.. or maybe it was Mojave?

I run tech at events and DJ for a living, and since my first coachella I've been enraptured by their dedication to excellent sound and lighting. I did a little looking around and found out that RAT sound has been their contractor for quite some time, and found their tour blogs from a couple of previous coachellas. RAT sound is a legend in touring, and so it wasn't exactly a shot in the dark. last year I actually got to meet dave rat as he was talking to the pure filth guys at the dome during mccartney's soundcheck. really cool guy, awesome hat. I thanked him for kraftwerk/portishead 08 and the mainstage that year in general.

the sahara lighting is amazing. the more full color lasers, the better.

sweetv
01-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Damn you Monklish for having me for a bit.

Frozen Pilgrim, it's people like you who I love when they come in and just blow people away with specifics in an argument. In the five years I have gone to Coachella I have NEVER complained about the sound that is for sure (actually Beck in 2004 was somewhat of a shit show, but small price)

Anitpop, can we just call you the "Situation?"

truths
01-21-2010, 09:13 PM
I run tech at events and DJ for a living, and since my first coachella I've been enraptured by their dedication to excellent sound and lighting. I did a little looking around and found out that RAT sound has been their contractor for quite some time, and found their tour blogs from a couple of previous coachellas. RAT sound is a legend in touring, and so it wasn't exactly a shot in the dark. last year I actually got to meet dave rat as he was talking to the pure filth guys at the dome during mccartney's soundcheck. really cool guy, awesome hat. I thanked him for kraftwerk/portishead 08 and the mainstage that year in general.

the sahara lighting is amazing. the more full color lasers, the better.

sweet man. im a freelance engineer and DJ right now... just got out of school and im not sure what to get into! just focused on moving back to LA

NoGwenPlease
01-21-2010, 09:14 PM
funny thing is htat almost all of the bands you listed are unlistenable.
Portugal the Man is fucking awesome

psychic friend
01-21-2010, 09:16 PM
im surprised at even myself for bothering to post this but why do you guys even respond either?

Clearly this is just another Troll who thinks its cool to get lots of banter going... or someone who is musically challenged (which you cant really argue with or try to educate, especially based off the bands they named). Clearly coachella is not their type of music festival, but rather than realizing that they start a thread to dis it.) That is like going to a rap concert and complaining there is not enough barry manilow. sheesh.

exile
01-21-2010, 09:17 PM
There are so many things wrong and funny about this I don't even know where to begin...

Them Crooked Vultures
Coheed and Cambria
Dillinger Escape Plan
Portugal the Man
Muse
Les Claypool
Faith No More

boarderwoozel3
01-21-2010, 09:18 PM
http://no-pest.com/GrayWolfSnarling.jpg

frozen pilgrim
I know. I have to admit I partially wanted an excuse to wave around how much I know about the various sound systems. I'm sorry for feeding the troll, but you have to admit, I am nerdishly in love with youse guyses speakers! (>^.^)>

bludevil007
I wish Jupiter's Ring was playing

MissingPerson
01-21-2010, 09:25 PM
im surprised at even myself for bothering to post this but why do you guys even respond either?

Clearly this is just another Troll who thinks its cool to get lots of banter going... or someone who is musically challenged (which you cant really argue with or try to educate, especially based off the bands they named). Clearly coachella is not their type of music festival, but rather than realizing that they start a thread to dis it.) That is like going to a rap concert and complaining there is not enough barry manilow. sheesh.

Well personally, it was all about the wolves eating the bear. Wolves are nature's badasses.

Oh, if only there was a shirt with a sufficient number of wolves that I could buy and wear to express my regard for wolves!

theAntipop
01-21-2010, 10:41 PM
I didn't realize Porcupine Tree was playing. Ok, so that makes 8 bands I'd like to see.

jaguarpaw
01-22-2010, 12:29 AM
I think it's a bison.

even cooler than pandas?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-22-2010, 12:30 AM

sorry Dani, we just love our festival.

bluemamba
01-22-2010, 12:58 AM

I was front row, slightly to the left for this. The sound BLEW ME AWAY. Never heard anything like it.

This year you can enter the festival and get out and come back in.

sleepybrew
01-22-2010, 01:18 AM
yeah terrible sound system. 360 degree sound for waters was soooo shitty. and my bloody valentine? fuckin a, i couldn't hear a thing those speakers sucked so much

tessalasset
01-22-2010, 01:51 AM
I didn't realize Porcupine Tree was playing. Ok, so that makes 8 bands I'd like to see.

see this blows me away. if there was a festival where (***after i've done the research and listened to all the bands***) there are only EIGHT acts i'd care to see on a lineup of 160, there's no way in hell i'd cough up $300 bucks for it. why are you even on this message board to begin with, if this festival is obviously not up to your standards? why waste your time complaining about it here? is it that you actually did have a good time last year and just wished there were more bands up your warped tour alley? or do you really just want to whine about coachella to get attention? cause that's all i see right now.

believe me...the beer is a sponsorship thing, and sometimes some of these crazy rules like outside food and drink are not up to Goldenvoice to decide. sometimes it just comes down to the indio police and fire departments. you have to think outside the box here, buddy.

why throw in such a wide variety of bands? dude...this festival has helped educate me on SO many different types of music. it's eye-opening. that is what coachella is all about. if they just had one certain type of music, it would be no different from any of the other festivals out there.

patricksw
01-22-2010, 01:58 AM
I don't know if I've ever been 100 feet away from any band I was intending to see at Coachella. Even Madonna in 2006, I could have inspected her for cellulite. This person is hilarious. Why would you even make the effort to create an account on this website solely to create this thread?

MissingPerson
01-22-2010, 07:56 AM
even cooler than pandas?

I dunno. They'd definitely win in a fight though.

SoulDischarge
01-22-2010, 09:11 AM

Get to know.

Sandy Egoo
01-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Hippopoticorns > Wolves

http://clackindustriescom.easycgi.com/store/media/Hippopoticorn_1.jpg

TomAz
01-22-2010, 10:42 AM

Coheed and Cambria
Muse

Go somewhere else.

luckyface
01-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Long, boring bitchfest

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ku3cvatDt31qzvqipo1_400.gif

miraj
01-22-2010, 11:10 AM
no thanx, bro.

I think this about sums it up.

lickety_spit
01-22-2010, 11:16 AM

giant bed of nails.

frisbeee
01-22-2010, 11:24 AM
terrible headliners as usual. to be expected though.

everything else looks pretty good, definitely going for the experience over the bands this year (again)

Basskitten85
01-22-2010, 11:31 AM
This is a pointless thread...kill it.

depechemodekraftwerk
01-22-2010, 11:44 AM
I agree on alot of points.
And with the economy the way it is,they start a no single day policy???

I come almost every year.And i pay for 5 people.06 i paid for 5 three day tickets which came to a good 1300- 1400 bucks after food and gas etc...

so the other years i paid for which days kids(14-18)wante dot go and see and then me an hunny took three day passes.

But this year seems to be no family event so we are saying the heck with paying this year.

Dont knwo the gain on no single and eveyrone has ot buy three day tickets. But its a hell of a money issue for me..shame to miss our first in so many years but ole well

Alot of you guys will defend coachella whatever the point..Im not here to kick or praise ..but they should at least consider families and people with little cheddar.

Lemonparty
01-22-2010, 12:27 PM
I agree on alot of points.
And with the economy the way it is,they start a no single day policy???

I come almost every year.And i pay for 5 people.06 i paid for 5 three day tickets which came to a good 1300- 1400 bucks after food and gas etc...

so the other years i paid for which days kids(14-18)wante dot go and see and then me an hunny took three day passes.

But this year seems to be no family event so we are saying the heck with paying this year.

Dont knwo the gain on no single and eveyrone has ot buy three day tickets. But its a hell of a money issue for me..shame to miss our first in so many years but ole well

Alot of you guys will defend coachella whatever the point..Im not here to kick or praise ..but they should at least consider families and people with little cheddar.

I hope your job doesn't require you to type.

cubrocker
01-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Hey...Bear Fucker!

...hrmmm?

Newro7ic
01-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Jason, 33 of your Wishlist artists will be at Coachella 2010!

I got this in my email today from Sonic Living. This doesn't even count all of the stuff I've been discovering since the announcement.

8 artists? You fail. Trolls suck.

ellasride
01-22-2010, 01:23 PM
When did Coachella get so lame???? Last years line-up blew and this years is even worse. What's up??? Where's the talent???

bludevil007
01-22-2010, 01:25 PM
is this sarcasm at it's finest or retardation?

pretty confident it's just another jackass

PassiveTheory
01-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Why did the OP have to drag Portugal. The Man into this? What the fuck did they ever do to deserve that?

ADrunkPoet
01-22-2010, 01:26 PM
When did Coachella get so lame???? Last years line-up blew and this years is even worse. What's up??? Where's the talent???

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/die_in_a_fire.jpg

obzen
01-22-2010, 01:33 PM

Yeah, definitely. Definitely a stag.

That or a moose.

soleilvie
01-22-2010, 01:41 PM
I think it looks like a gorilla on all fours.

bluemamba
01-22-2010, 02:18 PM
The last of the surviving bigfoots.

Ardentbiscuit
01-29-2010, 03:59 PM

Them Crooked Vultures
Coheed and Cambria
Dillinger Escape Plan
Portugal the Man
Muse
Les Claypool
Faith No More

Trying to explain Coachella to people who don't get it reminds me of an episode of the Girls Next Door.

Hef got the twins to play a small roll in an Sophia Coppola movie.

The twins ask who Sophia is. He talks about Lost in Translation and they still don't know.

Then he tells them she is the daughter of Francis Ford Coppola and they still don't know.

Then he says, he is the guy who did the Godfather and she played the baby in it.

And the twins suddenly have a spark of recognition and say. Oh we love that.

TheDeadBird
01-29-2010, 04:45 PM
No animal is better then a Panda bear

75 Miles
01-29-2010, 04:58 PM
I wish Jupiter's Ring was playing

Yes, because then there would at least be 8 good bands on the lineup... :o

Wakinglife
01-29-2010, 08:20 PM
the ???? marks are represent thoms band. he wanted to be billed like that. everyone on the poster is confirmed.

heyeric
01-29-2010, 08:29 PM
$3 a performance, regardless you cant catch um all... but that seems cheap to me.

joppy-slow
01-29-2010, 08:39 PM
It's a big commercialized money making scheme. Booze and beer monopoly inside as well. Let's get as many bands together as possible, throw in some big name headliners, and milk the populace!

holy shit..no fucking way??? Coachella??? is it really a big money making scheme? Like Amway and Avon. I thought it was a non-profit art club. Dude, you should go teach business 101 at UCLA or Stanford, your level of intelligence is death defying. With your business model exposed here, a lot of people are gonna make a lot of cash..

mickflyy
01-30-2010, 02:37 AM
dont go dont go dont go please dont go ...

GaragePoet
01-30-2010, 04:24 AM

biggest regrets - missing daft punk, prince and roger waters ..

you should've regretted missing '99, '02, '03, '05, '06, '08 & anything else that may happen...

didimydoe3
01-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Oh quit sucking on this pessimist's small dick Monklish. He's a fucking Debbie Downer and nobody wants to see his stupid threads. Don't go. It's simple shit.

Fin.

didimydoe3
01-30-2010, 07:50 PM

chunky bastard.

Monklish
01-31-2010, 12:34 AM
Oh quit sucking on this pessimist's small dick Monklish. He's a fucking Debbie Downer and nobody wants to see his stupid threads. Don't go. It's simple shit.

Fin.

JClemy
01-31-2010, 12:36 AM
I hear Monklish always chooses the winner in an argument. I also hear he pees rainbows.