PDA

View Full Version : Wifi?

basillico
01-21-2010, 08:22 AM
I have a mobile business that I can control from my laptop and I NEED to come to Coachella. Will there be reliable wifi on the campgrounds or anywhere on site? Or will I have to stay at a hotel?

CellarOwl
01-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Last year there was a tent set up in the campgrounds where you could charge your phone and have access to a laptop in case you needed to check facebook or the Coachella board or some shit. That's all I'm aware of personally but maybe someone else will know for sure.

basillico
01-21-2010, 08:31 AM
I plan on bringing my own laptop and have a car charger for it -- I just need wifi internet from somewhere...

basillico
01-21-2010, 01:28 PM
anybody?

dantoro
01-21-2010, 01:32 PM
spotty spotty. there are some WIFI APs i remember one being in the press tent and campsite i was able to connect to a few but never had any bandwidth that was usable.

as for the telco networks, they provide additional mobile towers but they are still severely overwhelmed with wireless users.

you may have to go offsite...(or use during off peak hours like in the morning) now that everyone has a smart phone with WIFI trying to connect

Californicator
01-21-2010, 01:48 PM
free wifi for campers. people need to read the actual coachella site more.

http://www.coachella.com/camping/carcamping

look under where it says "About Tent Only Camping"