PDA

View Full Version : Infected Mushroom

juloxx
01-20-2010, 07:58 PM
What are you guys thoughts on this band/artist?

lowfront
01-20-2010, 08:32 PM
there live shows are ridiculous fun

hope I get to see them, last time missed em for rage....

this time

lets just hope they get an early set time i suppose althought it would be a beast at night

nbvcide
01-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Infected Mushroom (dj set) FTW!!

please, please, please don't fuck them over AGAIN by putting them against Gorillaz!!!!
give em sunset slot, before Plastikman & Orbital.. let Club 75 close, that would make perfect sense..

unless you're thinking Orbital in the Justice-post headliner slot..

ELECtROjan
01-20-2010, 09:59 PM
edc was a bore

betao
01-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Their live show is fucking awesome. Very energetic.

But I doubt I'll get to watch them due to conflicts this year.

iammrcandyman
01-20-2010, 10:05 PM
seen them twice, loved it. but ill go to almost every other show over them this year jsut to see something new.

juloxx
01-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Wow, they got way more love on this board than I expected.

I think they are great, love their music and they do some of the best live shows I have ever seen. Cant wait to see them.

boarderwoozel3
01-20-2010, 10:09 PM
edc was a bore

Yeah. That tour last spring was sort of lame. The new material was totally meh.

Aurgasm
01-20-2010, 10:10 PM
They'll be doing their 3d set... Mstrkrft was going to do the same last year but they were douchemonsters and it work out

halyem
01-20-2010, 11:10 PM
are we sure its a dj set and not the band? the band has been touring consistently for the past 2 yrs.

menikmati
01-20-2010, 11:21 PM
There is nothing to indicate it's a DJ set. I would like to see them, I missed them last time for Rage too.

darksideofkaos.
01-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Prolly wont be checking them out at Coachella... I'd rather go see them at the Palladium next month. Last time I saw them was at Monster Massive in 2007 I believe, they were a lot of fun and definately worth checking out if you haven't seen them before.

lostsoul86
01-21-2010, 01:05 AM
alright all my friends that go to raves and do E kept on calling me when the coachella line up was announced why cause these guys or this guy was on there . idk anything about this artist but man my friends wouldnt stop calling me asking me everything about coachella all my buddies know that i go every year so they wouldnt stop buggin to everyone that enjoys this type of music i hope you have fun in da tents!

juloxx
01-21-2010, 07:11 AM
^^^ Prepare to be pleasantly surprised. You will be blown away if you don't know what to expect. Seen em 9 times, and I was blown away 8/9 out of those times.

The one set that was disappointing was fucking dreadful, they looked like they started their set as they were coming down from some bomb rolls. It was at some shitty San Bernadino rave called Awakening.

frozen pilgrim
01-21-2010, 07:15 AM
infected was one of my introductions to dance music. I skipped the middle part of rage (from renegades of funk to killing in the name) to watch the last half hour of IM in 2007

M Sparks
01-21-2010, 07:15 AM
They were fun at Vegoose, and that was in the afternoon. Got boring after a while, but they got a 90 minute set. Sometimes the 50 minute sets at Coachella are a blessing.

infestma
01-21-2010, 09:24 AM
They're so good. Seen em about 3 times been blown away all 2/3 times. Had to miss them at Coachella for Rage though. Vegoose set was okay but I feel like it would've been better if they played at night. They always play Becoming Insane at the end of all the sets I've seen so everyone goes home happy.

jigjig
01-21-2010, 09:49 AM
I saw them at Camp Bisco, though I was losing my mind at the time. Interesting... Kind of like watching Rammstein do techno or something.

juloxx
01-21-2010, 09:51 AM
I compared them to Rammstien the other day. If Rammstien is like 70% Metal 30% trance Infected is kinda like the inverse of that.

halyem
01-21-2010, 11:26 AM
they keep getting compared to rammstein....i think its just cause of their accents, but i dont see it so much. some of the recent guitar heavy stuff, maybe.

ive seen em 3 or 4 times in the past few years (the first time being that same camp bisco - they are better than the biscuits to the n'th degree), infected is a lot of fun.
live is better, but i kinda wanna see a DJ set just cause ive only seen em live. i expect this to be live though.

juloxx
01-21-2010, 11:28 AM
they keep getting compared to rammstein....i think its just cause of their accents, but i dont see it so much. some of the recent guitar heavy stuff, maybe.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z_wOYSD8kKQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z_wOYSD8kKQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I dunno, this is the song that first brought that comparison to my head.

guedita
01-21-2010, 11:47 AM
So there is a trancey element to these guys, but they aren't straight trance, right? I'm interested in checking their 3-D set out. Can anyone post a video that can clue me in more to what their sound is like? Thanks.

El.C.Dub
01-21-2010, 11:48 AM
rave whores

psychoc&ndy
01-21-2010, 12:47 PM
they do goa and psychedlic trance, i used to smoke some weed and listen to them and i would honestly be trippin. i can't imagine how they would be on some shrooms or acid. they have some good songs, and then they have some really shitty/cheesy songs but i'm sure they're incredible live. i just can't wait for plastikman, if you miss his set you are an utter fail

Dalen
01-21-2010, 01:36 PM
honestly, i think they're absolute garbage. some of the cheesiest music ever.

Dalen
01-21-2010, 01:39 PM
i mean, this shit is just retarded...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVNwS5gub5Q

mollach
01-21-2010, 01:50 PM
20 minutes before their show in '07 there was no one in the sahara due to rage on main.
my buddy and i fixed up some k in the cans and had one the most surreal experiences eva' at coachella. by the end it was packed.
will be there again for sure.

ohaithereguise
01-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Infected Mushroom (dj set) FTW!!

This.

However I guarantee at Coachella they will be doing the live rock band thing, which is fucking horrible. Too much singing, too many guitars, just bad news all around. They are so far from the goa/psytrance they used to play it's pathetic. A DJ SET, however, would be awesome.

amyzzz
01-21-2010, 03:09 PM
They were great at Coachella in 07 -- lots of energy, lots of fun.

BigBryan
01-21-2010, 03:09 PM
I first saw them back in Oct 09 and was pretty blown away. Id say Infected Mushroom was MY fav "new" band I discovered. I know they are far from a new band, but Id call myself a new fan. They're playing in SF early next month and Im planning on going. I hope nothing big I wanna see conflicts with their set at Coachella.

frozen pilgrim
01-21-2010, 04:57 PM
they're billed fairly low... here's hoping for a DJ set, only because I've seen the live band thing twice, and I think it's better suited to club shows. the sahara needs a good old fashioned trip-your-balls-off psytrance set.

nbvcide
01-21-2010, 11:18 PM
i coulda swore they were billed (live set) at EDC & Coach '07..

juloxx
01-22-2010, 07:40 AM
^^^They were

frisbeee
01-22-2010, 10:26 AM
new album sucked ballz. but i have always wanted to see them live...missed them last time around.

praying they stick to some older stuff.

nbvcide
01-22-2010, 01:21 PM
as long as it's a dj set, i don't care..

i have yet to see a live band EDM act i've enjoyed..

juloxx
01-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Don't worry, its going to be their live-set

cubrocker
01-22-2010, 03:46 PM
They were fun at Vegoose, and that was in the afternoon. Got boring after a while, but they got a 90 minute set. Sometimes the 50 minute sets at Coachella are a blessing.

this was my introduction to them- fun set even though they were in the sunlit afternoon- not that many people sat to watch em but they were great!! (ahhh vegoose was a lot of fun that year... i kinda wish coachella had a ferris wheel like that)

cubrocker
01-22-2010, 03:57 PM
so take me down to the cities of the future

MaXiMuS501
01-22-2010, 04:03 PM
They are one of my favorite "live" electronic music acts. I've seen them several times over the years (blown away every time) and I do have to say that their new material is quite a departure from years past. Way more hard rock sounding with a lot of vocals. I saw them in late '09 and was not impressed. Definitely worth checking out if you've never seen them before. They do put on a great live performance...

biscodiscos
01-22-2010, 04:55 PM
i hated myself for missing them at edc 07 so i made sure to catch them this year. HUGE dissapointment. the live set up is a terrible idea. i'm all for performing live over dj sets, don't get me wrong, but these guys just don't pull it off. i want to hear crazy psytrance at their set, not fucking metal guitar and singing. if they do a dj set i will definitely attend but if they bring they're lame ass band along i would not recommend watching it.

Sublime
03-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Didja see 'em tear up the guitar with their teeth? Luv their vocals and hardcore beats, they did disappoint me horribly once though.

luckycortney
03-08-2010, 10:02 AM
I saw them at the Avalon in november (i think) and they were amazig. Their new album is no Vicious Delicious but it was still a great show regrdless. They played songs from the new album as well as some old ones. I usualy dont dance for more than an hour due to me be lazy... but I literally danced through their entire set.

thefrush
03-17-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm hoping its a live band set. Either way, I <3 IM. This looks fun:

UU8Qn1kPrqA

gooftroop
03-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm hoping its a live band set. Either way, I <3 IM. This looks fun:

UU8Qn1kPrqA

I'm sorry I just can't find the appeal to this band, this video did nothing to change that. I saw them once and it came off as cheesy, just wasn't feeling the hype.

Dig your avatar though, PL is more my speed I guess.

Soul'd Out
03-17-2010, 03:53 PM
With all due respect, you are all absolutely INFUCKINGSANE!!!

They have people on stage pretending to play instruments -- watch carefully, when the drummer hits the electro-cymbals no noise is made, when the keyboardist hamfists the keys no noise is made, when the guitarist is moving his hands up and down the frets, no change in the guitar's tone is made.

This is why the youth of the world is losing its grip with reality. This is not music. This plus drugs is not good for your mind. These fuckers are brainwashing, pyshco-babble, fascist zionists -- watch some of their Israeli concert footage. Take a moment during their concert and look around at your fellow concert-goers. Thought? Progress? Positive energy? Marching orders. Nefarious propaganda mind melt.

Nice guys though.

thefrush
03-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Dig your avatar though, PL is more my speed I guess.

Sweet man, will be partying with you during PL then. 8D

They have people on stage pretending to play instruments -- watch carefully, when the drummer hits the electro-cymbals no noise is made, when the keyboardist hamfists the keys no noise is made, when the guitarist is moving his hands up and down the frets, no change in the guitar's tone is made.

This is why the youth of the world is losing its grip with reality. This is not music. This plus drugs is not good for your mind. These fuckers are brainwashing, pyshco-babble, fascist zionists -- watch some of their Israeli concert footage. Take a moment during their concert and look around at your fellow concert-goers. Thought? Progress? Positive energy? Marching orders. Nefarious propaganda mind melt.

Nice guys though.

Interesting, will have to look more closely. I honestly had no idea they played with a live band. I heard Converting Vegetarians on a ski video a few months ago and really liked it. Heard some of their other stuff and liked it too. All the while I always thought it was just a DJ group. It wasn't until I read this thread that I found out they play with a 'live' band.

lowfront
03-17-2010, 06:34 PM
I would love to see them, they were my favorite act at virgin fest. And the sahara would def be jumping big time.

I better not miss plastikman or orbital for gorillaz. and would rather see infected over club75.

PdOgdHQLHtc

thedevious
03-17-2010, 07:39 PM

Nice guys though.

Plus, they just fuckin' suck.

zimmy1222
03-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Did anyone else get this email today?

Hey Everyone

If you are going to Coachella this year, we would love the fans to help us out with something VERY special on Sunday, April 18th. Please email: infectedmushroomcoachella2010[at]gmail[dot]com with your name and cell phone number and we will be in touch with you next week with the details:

Thanks!

zimmy1222
03-24-2010, 02:19 PM
This plus drugs is not good for your mind.

spoken like a pro...

Distorted_Jungle
03-24-2010, 02:40 PM
as long as it's a dj set, i don't care..

i have yet to see a live band EDM act i've enjoyed..

Have you seen Soulwax? If you have and you are saying this you are fuckin crazy.

darksideofkaos.
03-24-2010, 02:59 PM
I've had really bad luck trying to see Infected in the past.

Monster Massive '07 - Didn't realize they're set time and arrived an hour late (yes mild mental retardation on my part)

When they playing the Palladium a few weeks back me and my girlfriend had two tickets for it and we decided to wait and get two more tickets at the door for our two friends. Sold out. Didn't want to leave them alone in Hollywood so ended up having to scalp the tickets and was surrounded by 6 bum drug dealers asking me to trade the tickets for a $150 diamond... Ended up finding someone to buy them and then had some asian girl following me begging to buy them off me and when I said no her boy gang came and got all pissed.

So I'm worried that I'll probably get ran over by a cart or trampled to death if I see them at Coachella.

juloxx
03-25-2010, 01:58 AM
Did anyone else get this email today?

where exactly did you get this e-mail from?

zimmy1222
03-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Fan manager street teams - Fanmanager.net

I don't remember signing up for it, but I probably did. weird. still not sure if i wanna email them.

GuyInTucson
03-25-2010, 08:38 AM
I've never seen them live. I stopped going to raves about seven years ago and the only stuff by Infected Mushroom I was familiar with was the older psytrance/goa stuff they released in the late-90's.

From watching youtube clips, it looks like that I will be at another stage if the live band is performing.

juloxx
10-25-2010, 05:32 PM
So my friend has a radio-show and he recently got to Interview IM. In the interview Duvdev said the new Infected album is going to explore Drum N Bass. Just thought that was worth mentioning/funny.

303dubbin
10-25-2010, 07:01 PM
^ ha infected dnb? wtf. that will be... interesting?

rasooli
10-26-2010, 12:12 AM
INFECTED MUSHROOM FUCKING SUCKED AT COACHELLA. TERRIBLE.

Easily one of the worst acts of the entire weekend for me. I'd rather listen to the pros do dnb than IM's crap. I really don't understand how people enjoy their shit.