PDA

View Full Version : Drop FNM and add the Chilis

abcredundant
01-20-2010, 05:43 PM
haha. that would be pretty awesome. just like the good old days.

nil_by_mouth
01-20-2010, 05:47 PM
MoMo-ron.

Natelevmofuggaz
01-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Great first post.

quicksand
01-20-2010, 05:48 PM
they could both stay home together

satori777
01-20-2010, 05:49 PM

Your mouth words suck

nil_by_mouth
01-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Your mouth words suck

You forgot cock.

abcredundant
01-20-2010, 06:04 PM
i think it would be funny. mike patton would have a hilarious reaction. i guarantee it. I'm sure hes still angry from ten years ago.

seandigi
01-20-2010, 11:40 PM
why did you start this ridiculous thread?

weeklymix
01-20-2010, 11:44 PM
(biased) You should seriously consider creating a new account or not returning. Immediately.

GET THE FUCK OUT.

jjbaldwi
01-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Beside the fact that this suggestion sucks, RHCP once again has split up... Damn! Flea will be playing with Thom Yorke, though as he is part of ????
And FNM is awesome.. sorry KROQ doesn't play them every 30 mins like the Chilis..

psycobetabuckdown
01-21-2010, 12:34 AM
/thread

sonofhal
01-21-2010, 12:52 AM
...and while you are at it, replace Gorillaz with Metro Station and Jay Z with Lyte Funky Ones.

lostsoul86
01-21-2010, 02:09 AM

never heard of them but i dont like faith no more either

SEEDYMIG420
01-21-2010, 04:16 AM
never heard of them but i dont like faith no more either

Let me guess.......you like that "Banda" bullshit, just like everyone else in South Gate.

daxton
02-18-2010, 12:11 PM
(biased) You should seriously consider creating a new account or not returning. Immediately.

GET THE FUCK OUT.

2nd that motion. You have got to be the most retarded person on this entire board, in my humble opinion. RHCP are terrrrrrrrrrrrible. Just terrible.

JClemy
02-18-2010, 01:29 PM
I fell asleep during RHCP in 07

HandBanana
02-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I LUV THE CHILIS AND ALSO FRISBEE GOLF!!!!!!

This is the best frat party evar!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/VW1as.jpg

beavington
02-18-2010, 01:35 PM

really? there are still fans of the chili peppers that arent sad college girls who also like Dave Matthew Band?

GaragePoet
02-18-2010, 02:07 PM
despite the fact that John Frusciante is one of my personal favorite guitar players, i'd hate to see them at Coachella yet again... am definitely looking forward to FNM

sbessiso
02-18-2010, 02:09 PM
despite the fact that John Frusciante is one of my personal favorite guitar players, i'd hate to see them at Coachella yet again... am definitely looking forward to FNM

John isnt with them anymore though :(:(:(

we could just drop FNM.

thewindowliquor
02-18-2010, 02:12 PM
When I saw the Chilis at Coachella in.. what? 07?

I think they played 3 songs I knew.

Honestly, I'd rather see FNM.

rage patton
02-18-2010, 02:15 PM
John isnt with them anymore though :(:(:(

we could just drop FNM.

He anounced he quit the band like... back in October or November or something. Its been a few months.

You said you have nothing against FNM. You said you know basically nothing about them. Why would you want them dropped?

sbessiso
02-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Would saying "***" in this thread be inappropriate?

thats why

rage patton
02-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Ha!

Your response

Not at all.

HandBanana
02-18-2010, 03:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UVfRG.jpg

beavington
02-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Let me guess.......you like that "Banda" bullshit, just like everyone else in South Gate.

dont forget MOrrissey, the Smiths, Depeche Mode, and the Cure.

GaragePoet
02-18-2010, 04:44 PM
dont forget MOrrissey, the Smiths, Depeche Mode, and the Cure.

as much as i CAN'T STAND Morrissey, i know the Smiths would be HUGE at Coachella... people have been begging for them for years now.

also, even the Cure's managed to put out some really cool shit in the past 30+ years they've been around...

schavira
02-18-2010, 04:45 PM
How about just "Drop FNM"

BrickTop24
02-18-2010, 06:13 PM
worst thread ever

NoMeansYes2010
02-18-2010, 06:49 PM
This post was intended as a joke that apparently no one understands; Mike Patton's history with RHCP is a pretty bitter one. A la wikipedia:

Singer Mike Patton was known to have had a bad relationship with the Red Hot Chili Peppers' frontman Anthony Kiedis, beginning when Kiedis saw Patton performing with Faith No More and accused him of imitating his style.[2] California was scheduled to be released on June 8, but Warner Bros. Records pushed it back so as not to coincide with the Red Hot Chili Peppers similarly titled album, Californication, which was to be released on the same day. Following the album release date clash, Kiedis had Mr. Bungle removed from a series of summer festivals in Europe; as the headlining act at the festivals, The Red Hot Chili Peppers had final word on the bands that would appear.[2][28] Patton stated “Our agent was in the process of booking these festivals, and it was becoming apparent that we'd landed some pretty good ones—one in France, another one in Holland, some big-name festivals. Turns out someone's holding a grudge! We were booted off several bills, specifically because Anthony Kiedis did not want us on the bill. He threatened to pull the Chili Peppers if Mr. Bungle was on the bill. Now, rationalize that one! That's so fucking pathetic! I mean, this guy's selling a million records! We are not even a speck of dust on this guy's ass! What's the fucking problem?"[29] Trey Spruance added "We were booked, months in advance, to do eleven festival dates in Europe. Come Summer, we get a call from the three biggest of those festivals, all of them the same day, saying that we can't play, because the headlining band retains the right to hire and fire whomever they wish. We found out it was the Red Hot Chili Peppers, so our manager called their manager to find out what the hell was going on, and their manager was very apologetic, and said, 'We're really sorry, we want you to know this doesn't reflect the management's position, or the band's for that matter, it's Anthony Kiedis who wants this.'"[30]

As a result, Mr. Bungle parodied the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Detroit, Michigan on Halloween of 1999. Patton introduced each Mr. Bungle band member with the name of one of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, before covering the songs "Give It Away", "Around the World", "Under the Bridge" and "Scar Tissue", with Patton deliberately using incorrect lyrics. Mr. Bungle also satirized many of the mannerisms of the band, mocking heroin injections and on-stage antics. Kiedis responded by having them removed from the 2000 Big Day Out festival in Australia and New Zealand,[2][28] stating “I would not have given two fucks if they played with us there, but after I heard about some Halloween show where they mocked us and read another interview where Patton talked shit about us, and I was like, you know what, fuck him and fuck the whole band."[2] The feud continued with Dunn criticizing the Chili Peppers on his personal webpage, specifically their bass player Flea, stating "Flea, in all seriousness, really isn't that good. I mean c'mon Red Hot Chili Peppers were vaguely interesting in the late 80s, but Christ they fucking suck, they suck".[31]

Anyways, any Patton project to me is preferable to RHCP.

thewindowliquor
02-18-2010, 06:50 PM
nice first post.

it's way too long and no one is gonna read it.

try again next time.

sbessiso
02-18-2010, 06:52 PM
I actually read all of it. Really interesting, is it true?

piecechief
02-18-2010, 06:59 PM
yes! anything but faith no more.

StubbADubb
02-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Actually, the more I hear about people bitching about FNM being on the line-up, the happier I get. You douchefags can go dance to Tiesto or whatever the hell douche-douche music is on at the same time and leave more room at the stage for FNM fans/people who like an awesome live show.

You'd be missing out though.

Grant
02-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Kiedis is a douche.

NoMeansYes2010
02-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Anyways, to summarize what I posted earlier:

Mike Patton (FNM) and Anthony Kiedis (RHCP) have had dick measuring contests in the past, and the OP was simply making a joke about it. Yes, RHCP had Patton's group 'Mr. Bungle' dropped from numerous festival line-ups due to their mutual dislike for each other, and because RHCP has bigger name draw they came out on top- Patton got the shaft. If this paragraph is too long to read, then go screw yourself.

pachucasunrise
02-18-2010, 09:36 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/3/38/This_thread_is_bad_and_you_should_feel_bad.jpg

BrickTop24
02-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Actually, the more I hear about people bitching about FNM being on the line-up, the happier I get. You douchefags can go dance to Tiesto or whatever the hell douche-douche music is on at the same time and leave more room at the stage for FNM fans/people who like an awesome live show.

Well said. And the Chilis are horrible too.

krk67
02-19-2010, 01:49 PM

First, I completely agree. FNM rules live.

And "douche-douche music" is now one of my favorite phrases.

HandBanana
02-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Cant they both be boring?

Captain Ahab
02-19-2010, 04:15 PM
This is bad music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-b3j0Q_DTk

This is good music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8pAYLJa6do

Sushov23
02-19-2010, 08:13 PM
This is bad music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-b3j0Q_DTk

This is good music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8pAYLJa6do

I agree. I'd rather the RHCP not play coachella, I want to see them at their own show better. I'm used to RHCP hate since 05-06 or so on these boards. I too would be happy if FNM got dropped for someone better.

lickety_spit
02-19-2010, 10:31 PM
when the fuck did people start referring to the red hot chili peppers as "the chilis?" that's the faggiest thing i've heard this year. and i've heard someone say, "the moon was smiling at us last night."

WhyTheLongFace
02-19-2010, 11:20 PM
I still need to listen to FNM. But taking from this thread if I like RHCP I won't like FNM

nil_by_mouth
02-19-2010, 11:47 PM
I too would be happy if FNM got dropped for someone better.

Add that to the list of idiotic things people say. It'd be like some arsehole saying, "I too would be happy if Sushov23 doesn't make it to Coachella so someone better can take their ticket".

weeklymix
02-19-2010, 11:55 PM
This thread reeks of taint.

StubbADubb
02-21-2010, 03:06 PM
I still need to listen to FNM. But taking from this thread if I like RHCP I won't like FNM

Mmm, I'd still give it a listen. I know quite a few people who like both bands, albeit not equally but you never know. Some people say The Real Thing is the most "Chili-esque" CD, but that could just be because Patton was rocking some pretty bad Kiedis faggy hair at the time. You might find other similarities but I don't. Personally I'd start with Angel Dust. I think it's more original than the TRT :)

Mau5 Boyz
02-21-2010, 04:28 PM
finallyz someonez ofz santiesz! Goz chilliZ!

weeklymix
02-21-2010, 04:42 PM
finallyz someonez ofz santiesz! Goz chilliZ!

Less z's. Please let this thread die.

concertgoer
02-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Worst thread ever. Faith No More is going to fucking kill it.

Captain Ahab
02-21-2010, 10:24 PM
It's going to get killed alright.

GaragePoet
02-21-2010, 10:30 PM
seriously, RHCP has always been one of my absolute favorite bands, w/ Frusciante being an all-time great influence on me as a guitarist & musician, but i've seen RHCP twice other than the 2 times they've been at Coachella already, and even IF they were to be playing at the same time as FNM, i'd be at the latter stage...

any Chili Peppers fan that hasn't seen them live yet needs to get out more, and anyone else that HAS seen them should check out FNM...

Mike Patton has rocked out Coachella in many more ways than Anthony Kiedis would ever be capable of...

weeklymix
02-21-2010, 11:03 PM
KILL. THREAD.

lickety_spit
02-21-2010, 11:18 PM
you must actually want it to live forever since you keep bumping it.
quit lying to yourself and others.

Captain Ahab
02-21-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with you. The chili peppers are much better musicians and performers all in all. I don't know why this thread even exists, because the chances of them actually playing are slim to none.

daxton
02-22-2010, 05:47 AM
I'm going to have to disagree with you. The chili peppers are much better musicians and performers all in all. I don't know why this thread even exists, because the chances of them actually playing are slim to none.

Thankfully

BrickTop24
02-22-2010, 10:44 AM
ever since Californication was released, that became the beginning of the end for the Chili Peppers I used to know and love. The funk sound and meaningful lyrics have now turned into lovey dubby songs about California that all sound the same. And now people want them to replace FMN? They already played in 07 (I sucessfully avoided their set) so there's no need for them to play this year. If you dont want to see FNM then go elsewhere during their performance.

far gone and out
02-22-2010, 10:48 AM

you're an idiot.

far gone and out
02-22-2010, 10:49 AM
rhcp are a horrible live band.

daxton
02-22-2010, 01:01 PM

Yes, they are much better as a dead band.

Matt Bungle
02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Great post. Love the controversy. All of you non-believers will shit your pants when you see FNM perform. Even if you can't appreciate the music, they put on such an amazing show, and if you enjoy a great live performance you will be tantalized and dazzled.

reverendalexg
02-22-2010, 01:24 PM
I like how RHCP became LESS relevant the more music they put out. FNM is just as relevant for doing NOTHING the last 10+ years. Goes to show you how much "Chilis" shit the bed after Californication...and don't get me wrong, I used to be a huge fan of the Chili Peppers. They just suck ass live and should have quit after JF left the first time.

Captain Ahab
02-23-2010, 12:33 PM

You're probably a horrible live person.

shanx
02-23-2010, 10:26 PM
RHCP either need to 1) start doing heroin again or 2) stop making music

i don't care who you are, disrespecting mike patton is abominable.

watched RHCP for two seconds in 07 before realizing, "fuck, i am missing epic LCD soundsystem." i'll never get that two seconds of my life back, and i'll never forgive myself.

brando4n82
02-23-2010, 10:47 PM
RHCP either need to 1) start doing heroin again or 2) stop making music

i don't care who you are, disrespecting mike patton is abominable.

watched RHCP for two seconds in 07 before realizing, "fuck, i am missing epic LCD soundsystem." i'll never get that two seconds of my life back, and i'll never forgive myself.

HAHAHA thats the same thing that happened to me! walked over to RHCP right after Girl Talk, and my friend suggested we see this band called lcd soundsystem. I was rolling balls and rhcp sucked, so we cruised over to this lcd band i've never heard of. So glad my friend knew what we were missing.
LCD into Rapture in the Sahara was a great way to end that night

shanx
02-23-2010, 10:54 PM
i was a really big fan of LCD before coachella. i was standing there at RHCP because i listened to them in my youth and i had wanted to see them live.

THEY WERE TERRIBLE. THEY SOUNDED LIKE ABSOLUTE SHIT.

i've mentioned this on this forum somewhere else but, when i got to to the sahara the tent was OVERFLOWING. literally, people were trying to cruise past the tent on their way to something else and literally got sucked in. it was awesome. i was so proud. i hope they kill it this year. and yeah i almost forgot about the rapture... those guys are awesome too.

join this awesome facebook page i just went out of my way to find:
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=red+hot+chili+peppers+suck&init=quick#!/group.php?gid=108535417035

shanx
02-23-2010, 10:55 PM
on that note, i wish gregg gillis was returning to coachella this year. guy throws an awesome party and i'll never get sick of his live sets.

menikmati
02-23-2010, 10:56 PM
One really can't cruise past the Sahara given it's at the very end of that field with a fence line right next to it.

shanx
02-23-2010, 11:10 PM
One really can't cruise past the Sahara given it's at the very end of that field with a fence line right next to it.

okay, DOOD

what i was saying was that it seemed to ME at that TIME that people were not intending to drop in for LCD but ended up there instead of going somewhere else

maybe i am wrong, since you seem to find this logistically impossible

weeklymix
02-23-2010, 11:29 PM
This thread needs to go away post haste.

Zippy024
02-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Kiedis is an awful performer and Mike Patton kills it every time I see him. I'm looking forward to Faith No More on Saturday night.

monkeyboy
02-24-2010, 01:23 AM
I think all the FNM haters will be very surprised at the size of the crowd for FNM and how relevant they still are. Patton is a fucking music producing machine.

Zippy024
02-24-2010, 01:28 AM
And "douche-douche music" is now one of my favorite phrases.

ditto.

lizng
02-24-2010, 06:19 AM
Hey I'm pro-FNM and all, but the only gentlemanly way to settle this is to have a duel and the surviving band plays Coachella.

BrickTop24
02-24-2010, 10:17 AM
All the FNM bashing i read on this message board makes me want to see them even more.

daxton
02-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Really, the majority is RHCP bashing, rightfully so.

BrickTop24
02-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Really, the majority is RHCP bashing, rightfully so.

Which is a shame because I really used to like them until their music went to shit.

insbordnat
02-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Personally, I just lost complete interest with RHCP after (or even during) Blood Sugar. If they played songs just from RHCP, Freaky Styley, and Mothers Milk I would loose my cool. Many would say their sound has matured, which is true, but that was the whole point of the band, that they were in it for the party and the complete lack of responsibility. Now it's just completely moronic how they just think so highly of themselves because they are putting out syrupy sweet garbage.

Mike Patton, on the other hand, keeps it fresh and cutting edge.

weeklymix
02-24-2010, 02:08 PM
This thread tastes like rust.

WhyTheLongFace
02-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Mmm, I'd still give it a listen. I know quite a few people who like both bands, albeit not equally but you never know. Some people say The Real Thing is the most "Chili-esque" CD, but that could just be because Patton was rocking some pretty bad Kiedis faggy hair at the time. You might find other similarities but I don't. Personally I'd start with Angel Dust. I think it's more original than the TRT :)

I'm listening to the Greatest Hits and I actually like what I hear. I'm a DL ANgel Dust next but barring a conflict w/ (MGMT, Dead Weather, Major Lazer, or FlyingLo) I'm here. :)

daxton
02-24-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm listening to the Greatest Hits and I actually like what I hear. I'm a DL ANgel Dust next but barring a conflict w/ (MGMT, Dead Weather, Major Lazer, or FlyingLo) I'm here. :)

You'll have another chance to see all those other bands more than likely. FNM, not so much.

weeklymix
02-24-2010, 11:19 PM
If MGMT is before FNM I will have a good time in the "pit" for MGMT.

Whiskers
02-24-2010, 11:24 PM
I really hope The Dead Weather are before FNM... but I really can't see MGMT anywhere other than the mainstage.

And for people getting into FNM, Listen to The Real Thing and Angel Dust. The former is the most accessible, but the latter is their best album. Just avoid King For A Day... that album is not for FNM noobs.

Californicator
02-24-2010, 11:36 PM
I just want to hear "Epic".

It reminds me of the Chili Peppers.

suck my balls =)

weeklymix
02-25-2010, 12:28 AM
I just want to hear "Epic".

It reminds me of the Chili Peppers.

suck my balls =)

You need to get fucked.

sbessiso
02-25-2010, 12:30 AM
I really hope The Dead Weather are before FNM... but I really can't see MGMT anywhere other than the mainstage.

And for people getting into FNM, Listen to The Real Thing and Angel Dust. The former is the most accessible, but the latter is their best album. Just avoid King For A Day... that album is not for FNM noobs.

ill be at that second rail for TDW :)

far gone and out
02-25-2010, 05:28 AM
You're probably a horrible live person.

no, i just have taste and can admit when a band blows.

three strikes nad you're out is my moto and i've given them three chances at various stages of their career. THEY SUCK LIVE!

BrickTop24
02-25-2010, 11:07 AM
whoever started this threat should go play in traffic

daxton
02-25-2010, 11:24 AM
whoever started this threat should go play in traffic

Notice they have not been back to rebut since their 2nd post. Ded.

BrickTop24
02-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Notice they have not been back to rebut since their 2nd post. Ded.

I noticed that too and it's making me smile.

zeg0ggles
02-25-2010, 03:05 PM
no, i just have taste and can admit when a band blows.

three strikes nad you're out is my moto and i've given them three chances at various stages of their career. THEY SUCK LIVE!

Why would you see a band that you don't like three times?

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/quiz/21431_1214500767967_500_263.jpg

Mr. Fuzz
02-25-2010, 03:30 PM
This post was intended as a joke that apparently no one understands; Mike Patton's history with RHCP is a pretty bitter one. A la wikipedia:

Singer Mike Patton was known to have had a bad relationship with the Red Hot Chili Peppers' frontman Anthony Kiedis, beginning when Kiedis saw Patton performing with Faith No More and accused him of imitating his style.[2] California was scheduled to be released on June 8, but Warner Bros. Records pushed it back so as not to coincide with the Red Hot Chili Peppers similarly titled album, Californication, which was to be released on the same day. Following the album release date clash, Kiedis had Mr. Bungle removed from a series of summer festivals in Europe; as the headlining act at the festivals, The Red Hot Chili Peppers had final word on the bands that would appear.[2][28] Patton stated “Our agent was in the process of booking these festivals, and it was becoming apparent that we'd landed some pretty good ones—one in France, another one in Holland, some big-name festivals. Turns out someone's holding a grudge! We were booted off several bills, specifically because Anthony Kiedis did not want us on the bill. He threatened to pull the Chili Peppers if Mr. Bungle was on the bill. Now, rationalize that one! That's so fucking pathetic! I mean, this guy's selling a million records! We are not even a speck of dust on this guy's ass! What's the fucking problem?"[29] Trey Spruance added "We were booked, months in advance, to do eleven festival dates in Europe. Come Summer, we get a call from the three biggest of those festivals, all of them the same day, saying that we can't play, because the headlining band retains the right to hire and fire whomever they wish. We found out it was the Red Hot Chili Peppers, so our manager called their manager to find out what the hell was going on, and their manager was very apologetic, and said, 'We're really sorry, we want you to know this doesn't reflect the management's position, or the band's for that matter, it's Anthony Kiedis who wants this.'"[30]

As a result, Mr. Bungle parodied the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Detroit, Michigan on Halloween of 1999. Patton introduced each Mr. Bungle band member with the name of one of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, before covering the songs "Give It Away", "Around the World", "Under the Bridge" and "Scar Tissue", with Patton deliberately using incorrect lyrics. Mr. Bungle also satirized many of the mannerisms of the band, mocking heroin injections and on-stage antics. Kiedis responded by having them removed from the 2000 Big Day Out festival in Australia and New Zealand,[2][28] stating “I would not have given two fucks if they played with us there, but after I heard about some Halloween show where they mocked us and read another interview where Patton talked shit about us, and I was like, you know what, fuck him and fuck the whole band."[2] The feud continued with Dunn criticizing the Chili Peppers on his personal webpage, specifically their bass player Flea, stating "Flea, in all seriousness, really isn't that good. I mean c'mon Red Hot Chili Peppers were vaguely interesting in the late 80s, but Christ they fucking suck, they suck".[31]

Anyways, any Patton project to me is preferable to RHCP.

damn, that's funny.

far gone and out
02-26-2010, 07:23 AM
Why would you see a band that you don't like three times?

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/quiz/21431_1214500767967_500_263.jpg
never said i didn't like them, did i??? :winkiss

first time at lollapalooza - ministry blew the stage apart, they should have headlined. rhcp were like limp dicks after that set.

second time was a teh tour with stone temple pilots and i got free tix. thought i'd give them another try.

third time was the free show they did here on the street, went with a friend to see....it was free.

my big issue with rhcp live is that the songs all sound sludgy and slow live. they don't ever capture the intensity of the recorded music. :2c

Californicator
02-26-2010, 10:00 AM

first time at lollapalooza - ministry blew the stage apart, they should have headlined. rhcp were like limp dicks after that set.

second time was a teh tour with stone temple pilots and i got free tix. thought i'd give them another try.

third time was the free show they did here on the street, went with a friend to see....it was free.

my big issue with rhcp live is that the songs all sound sludgy and slow live. they don't ever capture the intensity of the recorded music. :2c

Ive seen them twice at Coachella and it was amazing. Next time, try shrooms.

far gone and out
02-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Ive seen them twice at Coachella and it was amazing. Next time, try shrooms.

lol, noted. :winkiss

zeg0ggles
02-26-2010, 01:21 PM

There was that one time that you said you know when a band blows... I'll let it slide because you like Ministry.
I've seen RHCP twice and have thoroughly enjoyed their sets. They also seemed more energetic to me? Music is weird.

BrickTop24
02-26-2010, 02:36 PM
lol Anthony Kiedis accused Patton of imitating his style?

im going to be laughing for days now!

I'll take any of Patton's side projects over RHCP any day.

StubbADubb
02-26-2010, 02:41 PM
There was that one time that you said you know when a band blows... I'll let it slide because you like Ministry.
I've seen RHCP twice and have thoroughly enjoyed their sets. They also seemed more energetic to me? Music is weird.

Can't stand Kiedis and crew, but you're right. Music is weird. Thanks for the sig. :P

psycobetabuckdown
02-26-2010, 05:05 PM
In researching my 1985 poster (gotta get that finished) I listened to some early Chili Peppers for the first time, and Mike Patton bit Kiedis' style even more than I thought. But most FNM isn't like "Epic" or something so I think if we can forgive Matt Bellamy we can forgive Mike Patton (hey, they're on the same day...)

daxton
02-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Can't stand Kiedis and crew, but you're right. Music is weird. Thanks for the sig. :P

Hahaha

StubbADubb
02-26-2010, 10:11 PM
In researching my 1985 poster (gotta get that finished) I listened to some early Chili Peppers for the first time, and Mike Patton bit Kiedis' style even more than I thought. But most FNM isn't like "Epic" or something so I think if we can forgive Matt Bellamy we can forgive Mike Patton (hey, they're on the same day...)

Patton did look and act a lot like Keidis when he first joined FNM, but the guy was 21 and thrown into this spotlight, trying to find himself. But as for the music, Patton only wrote the lyrics for The Real Thing. If anything, things became less "Chilis/Funk metal" after Patton started influencing the band and writing songs, like a lot of songs on Angel Dust, etc. Of course some might say that's for the worse but of course I disagree :)

but forgive my ignorance, what are we forgiving Bellamy for?

weeklymix
02-26-2010, 10:32 PM
This thread needs to burn.

daxton
02-27-2010, 03:51 AM

Wondering the same thing

GaragePoet
02-27-2010, 09:24 AM
personally, i'm a bigger RHCP fan than FNM... that being said, as i said before, if both were playing at the same time this year, i would still go see FNM... again, as i said before, Mike Patton has rocked the Coachella Fest in more ways than Anthony Kiedis ever could. i'm sorry if Kiedis was a crybaby about Patton "stealing" his style, but how many grunge imitators came out in the early '90s? if it's music, it's certainly borrowed from somewhere... as for RHCP sucking live, check out the "Off the Map" DVD & go suck it.

still looking forward to FNM...

zeg0ggles
02-27-2010, 11:21 AM

any time :thu

psycobetabuckdown
03-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Patton did look and act a lot like Keidis when he first joined FNM, but the guy was 21 and thrown into this spotlight, trying to find himself. But as for the music, Patton only wrote the lyrics for The Real Thing. If anything, things became less "Chilis/Funk metal" after Patton started influencing the band and writing songs, like a lot of songs on Angel Dust, etc. Of course some might say that's for the worse but of course I disagree :)

For biting Thom Yorke of course. He stole Yorke's style way worse than Patton stole Kiedis' style.

BrickTop24
03-01-2010, 10:05 AM
why is this thread still going on?

psycobetabuckdown
03-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Because I keep bumping it

Drewski27
03-01-2010, 11:01 AM
those subjected to the RHCP live are likely to develope a vagina and choke on their own vomit. oh and i agree with whoever said they either need to start doing heroin again or just quit. i would say thats about right.

psycobetabuckdown
03-01-2010, 11:13 AM
I thought they were great in 2006 at Oracle Arena.

scoop49er
03-01-2010, 01:43 PM
RHCP=SHIT

weeklymix
03-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I thought my penis smelled but it was only this thread.

zeg0ggles
03-01-2010, 04:21 PM
This should be the last post of this thread. Agree by not responding?

ErikFlyingV
03-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Agreed.

abcredundant
03-04-2010, 04:48 PM
im glad two of you actually got what i was talking about. and i was not being serious about the topic. to the rest of you. get over yourselves. you cant argue someones taste in music: it's what makes you the person you are, whether how awfull someones taste may be, it doesnt matter. and to weeklymix have fun complaining at coachella how it used to be soo much better and how much your penis truly does smell.

scoop49er
03-04-2010, 06:40 PM
fuck off... someone torch this thread!!

BrickTop24
03-04-2010, 08:42 PM
fuck off... someone torch this thread!!

I agree

Worst thread ever

NoMeansYes2010
03-05-2010, 02:53 AM
I get the feeling that this thread is being used by certain members primarily to bump their post count. Yes, you may be conforming to what everyone else is saying and thus avoid scorn, but you still look like an idiot.

If you actually understand the point of this thread and still think it's stupid, I can live with that. This thread was made by the OP to joke about a funny historical clash between two egotistical lead singers, not because he actually wanted to see FNM dropped for RHCP. Morons.

fnmore
03-05-2010, 03:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTVZcLAxD3A

BrickTop24
03-06-2010, 03:16 PM
those subjected to the RHCP live are likely to develope a vagina and choke on their own vomit. oh and i agree with whoever said they either need to start doing heroin again or just quit. i would say thats about right.

well said

abcredundant
03-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I get the feeling that this thread is being used by certain members primarily to bump their post count. Yes, you may be conforming to what everyone else is saying and thus avoid scorn, but you still look like an idiot.

If you actually understand the point of this thread and still think it's stupid, I can live with that. This thread was made by the OP to joke about a funny historical clash between two egotistical lead singers, not because he actually wanted to see FNM dropped for RHCP. Morons.

well said.

BrickTop24
03-09-2010, 10:32 AM
this thread is dead