PDA

View Full Version : car camping joiners/latecomers

michaelmontanez
01-20-2010, 12:53 PM
I was wondering if somebody could come late, and join up with a car camping group. I will probably be traveling by train and arriving around 6:30am on Friday (if the schedule doesn't change until then), so I was wondering if it was possible to join up with friends who would be car camping? I don't know this whole car camping thing is very new, and therefore confusing.

lizng
01-20-2010, 03:50 PM
From what I read, you would probably have to buy your own camping pass since they're sold by the spot. Instead of camping at your own spot, you can saunter up to your friends' and stay a while.

NoneForMeThanks
01-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Yes.

lexineffect
01-20-2010, 03:55 PM
If there is space in your friends spot you can just go in and pitch. It says on the FAQ that all you need to enter is a festival pass. Security may be suss though and want to walk you to the site or something.

Stickjohn
01-20-2010, 08:50 PM
I was wondering if somebody could come late, and join up with a car camping group. I will probably be traveling by train and arriving around 6:30am on Friday (if the schedule doesn't change until then), so I was wondering if it was possible to join up with friends who would be car camping? I don't know this whole car camping thing is very new, and therefore confusing.

All you need to get into the camping area - any camping area - is a festival ticket (and legal age/guardian.) You could "squat" if the people who bought the space are cool with it. and they're big spaces this year.