PDA

View Full Version : Wristband Material

brfilora
01-20-2010, 12:16 PM
The last few years, what have the wristbands been made of?

The thick plastic ones, the papery ones, or the woven fabric ones?

I like the fabric ones cause they make a good souvenir

aguila26
01-20-2010, 12:18 PM
it's some kind of papery plastic... or plasticky paper?

bobert
01-20-2010, 12:19 PM
The ones at the Phish Festival were fabric. I imagine the Coachella ones will be the same.

lizng
01-20-2010, 12:42 PM
it's some kind of papery plastic... or plasticky paper?

yes, from what I remember, the camping and vip ones were papery plastic (or plasticky paper) and the beer ones were the typical lightweight wristband that's meant to be thrown away. I've been able to get previous ones off in one piece for a good souvenir.

yeahfontaine
01-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Ha. I was going to start this thread if no one else did. Please please, GV. Spring for the fabric ones!!!

It really makes a difference when you're wearing it for 3 days. kthxbye

Ha.SK
01-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Ha. I was going to start this thread if no one else did. Please please, GV. Spring for the fabric ones!!!

It really makes a difference when you're wearing it for 3 days. kthxbye

yea i'd think they'd have to take in consideration the sweat, beer/soda, water and all other crap you can pick up from the grounds onto you wrist band.

but hmm i wonder, would the fabric ones also pick up a stench?! yuk.

Ravingmad
01-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Gonna be a metal handcuff, don't stand in the sun for too long because it'll take awhile for that thing to cool down once it gets red hot

JustSteve
01-21-2010, 09:49 AM
but hmm i wonder, would the fabric ones also pick up a stench?! yuk.

none of the ones i have from the last 4-5 years smell...not that i've shoved them up to my nose.

krisskross
01-21-2010, 10:08 AM
id really be happy with fabric. very sturdy. cool to keep on for the next few months while post coachella depression sets in. wore my rock am ring one for 6 months.

jaysocal
01-21-2010, 10:33 AM
For at least the past two years the 21+ wristbands have been cheap paper, camping has been good quality plastic, press and photo were paper (which is a pain in the butt to try and keep on for 3 days), field, artist, crew, etc. were woven cloth wristbands.

monodistortion
01-22-2010, 01:14 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyvek

patricksw
01-22-2010, 01:26 AM
Gonna be a metal handcuff, don't stand in the sun for too long because it'll take awhile for that thing to cool down once it gets red hot

This made me laugh out loud.