PDA

View Full Version : It's going to be LCD Soundsystem-->Jay-Z right?

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2010, 11:15 AM
That's how it was last year 2nd name=subheadliner. I just dont see LCD in the Sahara. I see that as Deadmau5's headliner spot.

Monklish
01-20-2010, 11:16 AM
It's actually going to be Beastie Boys -> Jay-Z. But yes, I'm coming around to the idea that they're actually planning on putting that crap on the main stage.

NoGwenPlease
01-20-2010, 11:45 AM
It's actually going to be Beastie Boys -> Jay-Z. But yes, I'm coming around to the idea that they're actually planning on putting that crap on the main stage.
Let. It. Go.

rskapcat
01-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Randy, I assume you will be anywhere but the main stage Friday night? :p

NoGwenPlease
01-20-2010, 11:51 AM
He'll be in Jay-Z's trailer waiting to murder him in cold blood for making pop music.

Monklish
01-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Let. It. Go.

Um, it's happening dude. Bet you a grand. Just give it a little time.

Yeah it doesn't look too good. But I'm looking forward to Fever Ray and if those rumors about deadmau5's production are true perhaps he'll actually be interesting. Oh, actually I guess I'm going to be catching some of Hova because Ivy wants to shake her ass on me and that's hard to argue with.

TomAz
01-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I just dont see LCD in the Sahara.

I sure the hell hope you're right on this. I have been hearing people say LCD would be in the Sahara and I am like, what the fuck, that does not work, that does not work at all.

Monklish
01-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Tom is upset about the premise of having to set foot anywhere near the Sahara. Did you skip them in 07 Tom?

TomAz
01-20-2010, 12:02 PM
I did. they conflicted with somebody. I dont' remember who.

I would go to the Sahara to see them, though, especially if it meant i could use it as an excuse to knock the Plur out of some ravers.

rskapcat
01-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Tom, I don't go in the Sahara much, either. I'm crossing my fingers for the thread title to happen. It would save me a conflict (and having to push through a herd of people to get from the Sahara to the main stage).

FoxeyLady
01-20-2010, 12:05 PM
If I could pick I would put LCD in the Sahara, but I actually think LCD Soundsystem > Jay-Z would be really fun.

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2010, 12:06 PM
If I could pick I would put LCD in the Sahara, but I actually think LCD Soundsystem > Jay-Z would be really fun.

It beats TCV-->Jay-Z IMO

brycerosen
01-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Sill hoping for beastie boys> jay z

Foucault
01-20-2010, 12:13 PM
I sure the hell hope you're right on this. I have been hearing people say LCD would be in the Sahara and I am like, what the fuck, that does not work, that does not work at all.

LCD in the Sahara worked extremely well in 2007.

FoxeyLady
01-20-2010, 12:17 PM
It beats TCV-->Jay-Z IMO

Yeah I love both those acts but LCD would make for a better transition. I think Beastie Boys being added later is definitely a possibility, but I'm not counting on it.

nolanisbomb
01-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Nas & The Bravehearts into Jay-Z

CellarOwl
01-20-2010, 12:33 PM
I think Friday could be a great night but if they scatter it like that it'll be a big clusterfuck. LCD on the main and deadmau5 closing the Sahara would be really anti-climactic and just boring for both bands, and it's really under utilizing the night's strengths. Make it a double-headliner and it'll be give the night a higher profile and keep the flow more consistent.

Jay-Z can rock the fuck out and I think TCV would be a better transition than LCD, but the Beasties would kill both as direct support.

JebusLives
01-20-2010, 12:39 PM
I am fully expecting a "conflict" between Jay-Z and LCD in the Sahara.

yeahfontaine
01-20-2010, 12:45 PM
I am fully hoping for a "conflict" between Jay-Z and LCD in the Sahara.

Please...

oklein
01-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Grizzly Bear --> LCD --> Jay-Z
PLEASE.

TallGuyCM
01-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Grizzly Bear won't be on the main stage.

psycobetabuckdown
01-20-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't think the headliner and the first sub have ever conflicted. Love and Rockets was the second sub.

LCD into Beasties into Jay-Z would be the best transition of the weekend.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2010, 02:54 PM
who the fuck said LCD will be on the main stage?

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't think the headliner and the first sub have ever conflicted. Love and Rockets was the second sub.

I havent gone to every coachella just last years and last year the poster was
http://thehastingsset.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/mainposter-thumb-480x640jpg.jpeg

And it went
Morrisey--->Paul M.
M.I.A(Replacing Amy)--->Killers
MBV--->The Cure

So if following suit this year it would be
LCD--->Jay-Z
FNM--->Muse
Pavement--->Gorillaz

guedita
01-20-2010, 02:59 PM
The discussion of deadmau5 unveiling a new LED/mouse head stage set up suggests that he will close out the Sahara with LCD going on the main stage before Jay-Z, TeamCoachellaHellYeah.

TallGuyCM
01-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Yep, last year on each day the 3 bands in the biggest font went in that exact order.

But from what I've heard it hasn't been that simple in past years.

NoGwenPlease
01-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Fever Ray is going to be the thing to close friday with...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2010, 03:01 PM
http://www.mydesert.com/article/20100120/EVENTS17/1200306/2010-Coachella-lineup-announced-Jay-Z-Muse-Gorillaz-to-headline

Tollett said Muse is “on fire” right now, They fuse alternative, progressive rock, classical and electronica musical styles.Gorillaz, who also fuse a variety of sounds, have a highly anticipated new album scheduled to be released in March with guest appearances by several legendary performers.The lineup is heavy with dance acts for the three tent venues, including LCD Soundsystem, TiŽsto, Orbital and David Guetta.

this is funny:

On the Coachella Web site, joppy-slow said, “Saturday is kinda weak sauce... I may just go Friday and Sunday.”But self-described “Coachella junkie” Feather said, “This may be the best Coachella I've had the pleasure to attend.”

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2010, 03:06 PM
That seems like the author of the article's statement. I believe Paul T's comment on Muse is separate. Plus added to the fact that it says one of 3 tents it doesnt say Sahara. So it shows the author wasnt being specific.

TallGuyCM
01-20-2010, 03:08 PM
lol I always find it hilarious when any kind of serious periodical quotes people from the message board.

guedita
01-20-2010, 03:09 PM
"the three tent venues"....that doesn't make any sense.

TallGuyCM
01-20-2010, 03:11 PM
"the three tent venues"....that doesn't make any sense.

Gobi, Mojave, Sahara?

And what doesn't make sense is how it mentions that the dance acts are in all 3 tents, when they're all mainly in the Sahara.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2010, 03:12 PM
on second though.

Yeah

LCD BB Jay Z sound pretty right.

TallGuyCM
01-20-2010, 03:13 PM
The original question of this thread is stupid though. How the fuck are we supposed to know until the adds are done and the set times are out?

guedita
01-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Gobi, Mojave, Sahara?

And what doesn't make sense is how it mentions that the dance acts are in all 3 tents, when they're all mainly in the Sahara.

Right, that's what I meant. Poorly worded on my part....which is silly, since I was basically trying to point out how poorly worded that article is.

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2010, 03:15 PM
The original question of this thread is stupid though. How the fuck are we supposed to know until the adds are done and the set times are out?

Cause maybe Coachella follows a pattern. And maybe the person started this thread has only been to one Coachella. So maybe he wanted input from people who have been to more to see if the pattern holds up. Just maybe though. ;)

TallGuyCM
01-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Cause maybe Coachella follows a pattern. And maybe the person started this thread has only been to one Coachella. So maybe he wanted input from people who have been to more to see if the pattern holds up. Just maybe though. ;)

I've only been to one as well. But even if there is a pattern, my point is that no one knows for sure until the lineup is out, so why create a thread speculating over it?

It's like saying "hey guys it's going to be between 87 an 92 degrees that weekend, right??" HOW THE FUCK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO TELL AT THIS POINT?

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2010, 03:19 PM
But even if there is a pattern, my point is that no one knows for sure until the lineup is out

Que? Most EDM acts go into the Sahara. That's a pattern so for the most part you know who will be there prior to set times being out.

And I like to speculate. I'm a certified speculator.

TallGuyCM
01-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Well, speculate all you want. But there's already a nauseating number of stupid and pointless threads, try not to add to the problem.

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Well, speculate all you want. But there's already a nauseating number of stupid and pointless threads, try not to add to the problem.

If you're on the board long enough to get nausea you should contact your doctor and ask if Atarax is right for you.

psycobetabuckdown
01-20-2010, 04:11 PM
The discussion of deadmau5 unveiling a new LED/mouse head stage set up suggests that he will close out the Sahara with LCD going on the main stage before Jay-Z, TeamCoachellaHellYeah.

I've always wanted to see deadmau5 but with these headliners it just wasn't meant to be. Sorry Sahara.

Yep, last year on each day the 3 bands in the biggest font went in that exact order.

It's simple enough so that the top two bands always go in order. The third has played the Outdoor in the past (Love and Rockets). There also used to be 3 subheadliners instead of 2 but no need to get into that. I could see LCD Soundsystem playing the Sahara if they were switched with TCV, but if they're the second biggest name on the poster no way they're going in the tent. This is also their possible last tour so they will have a crowd. Whether Beastie Boys are added or not, I think there's no way they're not on the main. Maybe Outdoor at the same time as TCV, but fuck GV if they do that.

tmac
01-20-2010, 04:33 PM
I would go to the Sahara to see them, though, especially if it meant i could use it as an excuse to knock the Plur out of some ravers.
boy i hope they play in the sahara for this reason alone

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2010, 04:34 PM
This is also their possible last tour so they will have a crowd.

Where did you read this?

Gribbz
01-20-2010, 04:38 PM
I hope LCD plays The Sahara. It will be much easier to hit up Fever Ray after. Assuming she closes one of the tents of course.

EDIT: Wait, strike that. They will probably conflict if that happens. Do not want.

Boourns
01-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Grizzly Bear won't be on the main stage.

At around 7 on the outdoor theater, preceded by She & Him sounds heavenly to me.

yeahfontaine
01-20-2010, 04:42 PM

You're kidding, right? This board is ALL ABOUT speculation except during the 20 seconds it takes for people to scan down the newly-revealed poster on line-up revelation day.

yeahfontaine
01-20-2010, 04:44 PM

Oh oops Just read this. Okay, you're right I guess. But this particular question is one I've really been pondering because people seem SO sure that Jay-Z and LCD will not conflict. And I want them to. Badly.

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Oh oops Just read this. Okay, you're right I guess. But this particular question is one I've really been pondering because people seem SO sure that Jay-Z and LCD will not conflict. And I want them to. Badly.

It's the opposite people are SO sure they will. Everyone is saying LCD closes the Sahara. I dont agree and the only other logical place is before Jay-Z. Definitely not closing outdoor.

psycobetabuckdown
01-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Where did you read this?

everywhere, possibly in another lcd thread on here somewhere, sorry don't remember which one. check their wikipedia, it's probably on there.

oh actually the latest CoS article with their tour dates alluded to it.

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2010, 05:09 PM
everywhere, possibly in another lcd thread on here somewhere, sorry don't remember which one. check their wikipedia, it's probably on there.

oh actually the latest CoS article with their tour dates alluded to it.

Their wiki said one member maybe alluded said this may be the end while the other 2 shot that those thoughts when they said they have a new album on the way.

SometimesNJ
01-20-2010, 05:14 PM
LCD in the Sahara worked extremely well in 2007.

i agree. lcd on the main stage would be laaame

yeahfontaine
01-20-2010, 05:56 PM
It's the opposite people are SO sure they will. Everyone is saying LCD closes the Sahara. I dont agree and the only other logical place is before Jay-Z. Definitely not closing outdoor.

Huh. I guess I'll stop worrying then. I was just shocked that anyone thought that LCD wouldn't be in tent. If Ghostland can rock the tent, then LCD can rock the tent (again).

The tranceheads can go elsewhere for a couple minutes while we rock out.

miSTEVEious
01-20-2010, 07:26 PM
I really hope the beastie boys don't play. don't we have enough rap?

psycobetabuckdown
01-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Their wiki said one member maybe alluded said this may be the end while the other 2 shot that those thoughts when they said they have a new album on the way.

Here you go:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/01/20/lcd-soundsystem-announces-return-tour-dates/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/jan/15/james-murphy-lcd-soundsystem

James Murphy's next album may be his last under the name LCD Soundsystem, he has revealed. Murphy said he plans to "probably" disband the project after the as yet unnamed third LP is released in April.

It "should probably be the last [tour]", Murphy told NME. To evolve musically, the New Yorker claims he needs to reinvent himself Ė likely by conjuring up more pseudonyms. "I know I said [LCD Soundsystem was over] last time and things changed," Murphy said, "but I don't like to repeat myself."

niksterg11
01-20-2010, 11:59 PM
And it went
Morrisey--->Paul M.
M.I.A(Replacing Amy)--->Killers
MBV--->The Cure

So if following suit this year it would be
LCD--->Jay-Z
FNM--->Muse
Pavement--->Gorillaz

while this should make sense, none of last year's 2nd-liners would have made sense in the sahara. well, maybe MIA, but she was a replacement for winehouse, and we all know what happened when she was in the tent the year before (shit hit the fan). lcd would make sense in the sahara, but i really hope it goes lcd -> jay.

ZackQ
01-21-2010, 10:00 AM
I really hope it goes LCD -> Jay Z too. The artists should demand it be that way, in solidarity for New York City representing at Coachella.

rskapcat
01-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeahfontaine, I'm not sure why you want LCD & Jay-Z to conflict. What difference does it make to you?

rage patton
01-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Im pretty sure we are going to see a pretty big name added to Friday. Whether its Beastie Boys, Massive Attack, Flaming Lips or someone else... LCD will not remain the main sub.

I also don't think Jay-Z and LCD will conflict. Im betting LCD will be the second to last act in the Sahara. It will be probably be deadmau5 vs. Jay-Z.

braundiggity
01-21-2010, 10:59 AM

Based on the last five years, we should expect LCD to lead into Jay-Z, but if they don't, it wouldn't be the first time:

In 2008 - One abberation:
The Verve-->Jack Johnson
Kraftwerk-->Portishead-->Prince (late add)
My Morning Jacket-->Roger Waters** (Love and Rockets was billed before MMJ, so this breaks the trend)

In 2007 - Scheduled As Billed:
Interpol-->Bjork (I think? Didn't see these)
Arcade Fire-->Chili Peppers
Manu Chao-->Rage Against the Machine

In 2006 - Late Add Craziness:
Franz Ferdinand-->Depeche Mode (Daft Punk wound up billed higher than FF and closed the Sahara, but they were a late add)
Massive Attack-->Tool (YYY's were second billed, but Massive Attack was a late add)

2005 - As Billed:
Bauhaus-->Coldplay
New Order-->Nine Inch Nails (Black Star closed the fest, but weren't headliners)

daft$tar
01-21-2010, 11:13 AM

apparently no one was at LCD in sahara a few years ago - it was epic

i cant see them on the main stage - if they are on the main stage i may skip it - the main stage sucks ass to be honest

beolshika
01-21-2010, 11:43 AM

2007 ----- LCD was in the SaHara followed by The Rapture

venturas90sgirl
01-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Wherever LCD plays I'll be there. I'm probably skipping Jay-Z so whoever headlines Sahara (Deadmau5?) is where I'll be. I'm superpsyched for this act. Definitely my top priority for Friday.