PDA

View Full Version : Help settle a debate

Sally Cinnamon
02-21-2007, 07:47 AM
myself and the b/f were discussing last night what we should and shouldnt bring over to coachella with us.
coming from ireland we obv dont wanna be packin too much.
i think instead of packin big bulky sleeping bags we should just bring with us a duvet cover to sleep inside (we did this travelling through SE Asia and it worked a treat)
He thinks we should pack sleeping bags cos its gonna get so cold at night.

thing is I cant see us sleepin too much anyway so chances are we're gonna end up just sleepin in the early hours of the mornin and chances are the sun will be up so it wont be tooooo cold

so...what would you recommend?
light sheet type blanket
or
heavy sleeping bags lugged 10,000 miles

reasons for your opinions will also be welcome
thanks

menikmati
02-21-2007, 07:49 AM
light sheet type blanket....this is a grass field in the desert....you'll be fine.

vinylmartyr
02-21-2007, 07:49 AM
It wont be cold at night and you wont be sleeping past 7 am if your camping. It gets crazy hot. Have you ever been to the desert before?

Sally Cinnamon
02-21-2007, 07:52 AM
i never been to the desert
ive felt like i was in a desert before but there was a river running through it so i dont think its called a desert

it was cold at night, but with the two of us sharing the light blanket we didnt really feel it after about 5 mins

jimmycrackcorn
02-21-2007, 07:53 AM
well i have never CAMPED at coachella, but why lug the sleeping bags 10,000 miles? you can buy a sleeping bag @walmart for like $20 open it flat and share it and then just throw it away or give it away when you go home and save room in your luggage for souvenirs or stuff...idunno -shrugs-

Sally Cinnamon
02-21-2007, 08:12 AM
well see, we're doin this on a budget and buyin somethin we already have is kinda pointless imo
i mean, i may end up doin that anyway but i dont really want to...its kinda a waste

invisiblerobots
02-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Skip the sleeping bags. I slept on top of mine last year and was fine - didn't even need a blanket. After about 6:30 or 7 sleeping is no longer an option due to the heat.

Sally Cinnamon
02-21-2007, 08:37 AM
so I win!!!!
wooooo whoooooooooooooo

invisiblerobots
02-21-2007, 08:53 AM
I hope he owes you a nice dinner or something.

Sally Cinnamon
02-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I hope he owes you a nice dinner or something.

ill get somethin outa him now

moooo
02-21-2007, 04:56 PM
I camped last year in an afghan blanket and woke up cold! What sleep you can get is valuable come Sunday and I won't lose any to being cold this year. Previous coachellas I stayed in motels with the ac on all night. It could be warm at night too, the weather there is weird and unpredictable until about the week before.

Bulky sleeping bags are unnecessary. Go for a medium weight cotton blanket that you can both fit under or on top of depending on the weather.

And if you want to get any sleep get some comfortable disposable earplugs!

krunchy
02-22-2007, 01:23 AM
I would second the light blanket, but I saw always bring a towel! If you have a towel, you can wrap yourself in it, and you'll need one after you de-stink yourself (if you shower, that is).
At roskilde it was bloody freezing at night and my towel saved my life!

DeltaSigChi4
02-22-2007, 02:17 AM
Blankets? Blankets?

Back when I was in IraK ....

E

GTI_GRL
02-25-2007, 09:01 PM
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2536479

$14.83 for the sleeping bag

If you freeze the first night, you can go pick one up at the local WM (if they are not sold out).

or

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4366673

$59.97
Here's just what you need for your next camping trip. This convenient 6-piece set features a roomy, lightweight tent, two water-repellent sleeping bags, a fully-collapsible cooler and a powerful camping light with a krypton bulb for easy viewing of your campsite at night.

6-piece camping set
Tent sleeps four and measures 10' x 6.5'
EZ Glide System allows the zipper to glide smoothly without catching on fabric
Stay dry and comfortable with the exclusive GoBe Dry rain protection system

Two 3-lb, water-repellent, machine-washable sleeping bags rated to 40 degrees
One collapsible cooler bag holds 12 beverage cans
One camping light with powerful krypton bulb, rotates 360 degrees, requires four "AA" batteries (not included)

DeltaSigChi4
02-25-2007, 09:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/DeltaSigChi4/walmart_low_morals_alt.jpg

E

C DUB YA
02-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Skip the sleeping bags. I slept on top of mine last year and was fine - didn't even need a blanket. After about 6:30 or 7 sleeping is no longer an option due to the heat.

sounds like fun