PDA

View Full Version : Somebody can explain me why they have booked DE LA SOUL ?

Caligula
01-20-2010, 10:54 AM
I can't find a valid reason,really.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2010, 10:55 AM
to perform with the Gorillaz.

M Sparks
01-20-2010, 10:55 AM
To piss off retards.

Rosieluvswu
01-20-2010, 10:57 AM
they are also one of the pioneering hip hop groups.. their peak was in the 90's, awesome music.. would be great to see them..

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-20-2010, 10:59 AM
To piss off retards.

I like this answer much better.

Caligula
01-20-2010, 11:04 AM
They don't have something new to promote,maybe a single,nothing more.
They are HH legends no doubt,but right now they are out of place on a festival like coachella. There are a lot of other HH acts better than the de la soul of 2010...... Cypress Hill for example,or Method Man and Redman together...even the fuckin Outkast....but geeeeeeeeeeeeez de la soul ? :nono

Mr. Fuzz
01-20-2010, 11:07 AM

Yay!
ckVeMWNS7qE

Newro7ic
01-20-2010, 11:07 AM
You would choose Cypress Hill and/or Method Man over De La? You just lost the thread.

Caligula
01-20-2010, 11:09 AM
You would choose Cypress Hill and/or Method Man over De La? You just lost the thread.

Have you ever been to a cypress hill show ?
I've seen de la soul live severals years ago,they are good and entertaining,but Cypress Hill are something else,really.

Distorted_Jungle
01-20-2010, 11:15 AM
I've seen de la soul live severals years ago,they are good and entertaining,but Cypress Hill are something else,really.

Cypress Hill isn't anything special live, actually their new music SUCKS BALLS!

Fact: You have become my least favorite poster on this site due to your terrible taste in music, and stupid threads about that terrible taste.

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Only thing cool about Cypress Hill live is that huge bong.

RedThom
01-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Caligula's a douche

TomServo
01-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Can somebody explain to me why Run DMC is playing with Aerosmith?

They don't have a new album, or single... and there are plenty of other hip hop acts...

ADrunkPoet
01-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Because De La Soul is an early influential hip hop act with some fantastic tracks.

Hopefully that suffices to explain (to) you why they would be booked.

Caligula
01-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Cypress Hill isn't anything special live, actually their new music SUCKS BALLS!

wow.what a fuckin amazing statement. you are a music journalist or what ?

Fact: You have become my least favorite poster on this site due to your terrible taste in music, and stupid threads about that terrible taste.

Fact: you are a fuckin NOBODY TO ME,so i don't give a fuck about what you think. I'm glad that you find my taste in music terrible,it would be a fuckin tragedy if i like the same music that you like,dumbfucker.

Caligula
01-20-2010, 11:38 AM

They don't have a new album, or single... and there are plenty of other hip hop acts...

You are STUPID. DUMB as a rock. end of the story

Caligula
01-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Caligula's a douche

and yuz a bitch :lool

rdcortes22
01-20-2010, 11:40 AM
De La Rules!!!! Can't wait for them!

rdcortes22
01-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Why?? Because they have lots of fans and they have a great catalog!!

Caligula
01-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Because De La Soul is an early influential hip hop act with some fantastic tracks.

Hopefully that suffices to explain (to) you why they would be booked.

Thanks for the history lesson,de la soul were strangers to me until now. :rolleyes

Aren't you disappointed to not see some 50 or 60 years old acts this year @ the festival ? I mean bands and solo artists from 50 and 60 years old, influential music acts no doubt.
Some 90 years old blues singers from the delta ? Uh ?
And kool herc ? he's THE HIP HOP GODFATHER

Caligula
01-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Why?? Because they have lots of fans and they have a great catalog!!

Ah,OK. :lool

TomServo
01-20-2010, 11:44 AM
You are STUPID. DUMB as a rock. end of the story
Yes, exactly.

Sorry, your thread is idiotic. Everybody in the Coachella universe is expecting De La Soul to play with Gorillaz, except you.

Additionally, you can ask the same question about half the bands on the lineup. Do we really *need* to see Devo? Grace Jones? Mew? Muse? Of course not.... but this is a music festival, so you're getting a little of everything.

Cypress Hill does their stupid pot tour constantly - go see that. Enjoy.

BrickTop24
as a hip hop fan, im stoaked that they'll be there. i missed them two years ago at Rock The Bells so im defintely looking forward to seeing them.

Gribbz
Well fanks for the tip BrickTop.

BrickTop24
01-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Well fanks for the tip BrickTop.

lol no problem Dale.

thewindowliquor
01-20-2010, 11:47 AM
I like how this whole thread turned into shit-talk about the OP.

NoGwenPlease
01-20-2010, 11:48 AM
as a hip hop fan, im stoaked that they'll be there. i missed them two years ago at Rock The Bells so im defintely looking forward to seeing them.
I saw em at that rock the bells. My friends got away from me and we had planned on smoking at that time, I couldn't find them so I lit up all by myself.

Hearing Me, Myself and I got me dancin like I was in 2nd grade again...

NoGwenPlease
01-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Caligula's a douche
I move to second this motion

HandBanana
01-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Yes but not having anything to promote could point to a Classic Album Set.

Man, if they did 3 Feet or De La is Dead or Stakes I would lose my shootz.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-20-2010, 11:52 AM
having Caligula on ignore is great because i don't have to read anything he says but I still get to enjoy all of the hilarious shit-talking towards him

Also, I expect De la Soul to be a lot of fun live

thewindowliquor
01-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Man, if they did 3 Feet ... I would lose my shootz.

this.

Caligula
01-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Sorry, your thread is idiotic.

and you are the most intelligent member of this forum,sure :lool

Everybody in the Coachella universe is expecting De La Soul to play with Gorillaz, except you.

WOW.

Do we really *need* to see Devo? Grace Jones? Mew? Muse?

are you fuckin retarder or what ?

Cypress Hill does their stupid pot tour constantly - go see that. Enjoy.

please don't make me cry,you are so mean

Distorted_Jungle
01-20-2010, 11:54 AM
I move to second this motion

I third that. It's official, he is a douche.

ADrunkPoet
01-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the history lesson,de la soul were strangers to me until now. :rolleyes

Aren't you disappointed to not see some 50 or 60 years old acts this year @ the festival ? I mean bands and solo artists from 50 and 60 years old, influential music acts no doubt.
Some 90 years old blues singers from the delta ? Uh ?
And kool herc ? he's THE HIP HOP GODFATHER

See: Sly and the Family Stone. The members of that group have to be as old as Alabama at this point.

Caligula
01-20-2010, 11:56 AM
having Caligula on ignore is great because i don't have to read anything he says but I still get to enjoy all of the hilarious shit-talking towards him

having aids is great too ?

Distorted_Jungle
01-20-2010, 11:57 AM
having aids is great!

Fixed

Caligula
01-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I third that. It's official, he is a douche.

after this i want to kill myself.
oh jesus! Distorted_Jungle thinks that i'm a douche.
Distorted_Jungle :rotfl

Caligula
01-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Fixed

oh you got aids ? i don't feel sorry for you,die soon please,asshole

drewoftherushes
01-20-2010, 12:04 PM
No, wait, I'm on your side Caligula. Everybody in the world sucks except you. Even I suck. THAT's why nobody likes you - they're "retarder." You're the one person in the world with the brains to realize that you're the one person in the world with brains.

Caligula
01-20-2010, 12:05 PM
No, wait, I'm on your side Caligula. Everybody in the world sucks except you. Even I suck. THAT's why nobody likes you - they're "retarder." You're the one person in the world with the brains to realize that you're the one person in the world with brains.

i wanna be like you. please,school me.

FoxeyLady
01-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Yes but not having anything to promote could point to a Classic Album Set.

That would be awesome, kinda like PE last year. I wonder when and where they will play though, obviously not during Gorillaz. Main stage or outdoor around 5 maybe?

BrickTop24
01-20-2010, 12:30 PM
I saw em at that rock the bells. My friends got away from me and we had planned on smoking at that time, I couldn't find them so I lit up all by myself.

Hearing Me, Myself and I got me dancin like I was in 2nd grade again...

I was suppost to go that year but something came up and my plans had to change. I'll most likely be smoking when they play.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Why did they book them? for the oodles and oddles of O's, you know.

GratefulPeaceFrog
01-20-2010, 02:47 PM
They are HH legends no doubt,but right now they are out of place on a festival like coachella. There are a lot of other HH acts better than the de la soul of 2010...... Cypress Hill for example,or Method Man and Redman together...even the fuckin Outkast....but geeeeeeeeeeeeez de la soul ? :nono

I Agree!

ABCkatie
01-20-2010, 02:48 PM
maybe because it's old school rap and that's the only decent rap besides atmosphere?
goood question though

jackstraw94086
01-20-2010, 03:01 PM

The De La Soul crew have been hard at work helping with production for a wide variety of folks over the last 20 years.

Anyone who bags on de la soul clearly marks himself as someone too young to know about 3 Feet High and Rising. And also a fuckbrain.

infestma
01-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Gorillaz.

WhyTheLongFace
01-20-2010, 03:25 PM
maybe because it's old school rap and that's the only decent rap besides atmosphere?
goood question though

You only like old school rap AND Atmosphere? lol

juloxx
01-20-2010, 03:30 PM
To piss off retards.

Hit the nail on the head. De La is fucking great and they belong at Coachella. They are positive rappers (which Indy kids love) and they have put out some great tunes. Saw them around October and they put on such an amazing show, which I wasn't really expecting. After years of preforming they learned to do the job pretty damn well. Fuck people that down get down with De La Soul.

I would See Cypress and Method Man over De La Soul. Cypress puts on an amazing show. One of the only Gangster Rappers/groups that has the respect of the indy crowd as well as straight up G's. Meth does too, but too a much lesser extent.

psycobetabuckdown
01-20-2010, 03:41 PM
I would See Cypress and Method Man over De La Soul. Cypress puts on an amazing show. One of the only Gangster Rappers/groups that has the respect of the indy crowd as well as straight up G's. Meth does too, but too a much lesser extent.

I've seen Cypress Hill, seen De La Soul, and seen Redman perform with Method Man for the one song everyone remembers. I can say that I didn't really need to see Cypress Hill twice, although it was everything you'd ever want out of a Cypress show both times. I also didn't need to see De La Soul the second time, but they were good both times as well. Method Man with Redman for an entire set would be my number one choice out of the three.

If I had to choose between seeing Cypress again and De La again it'd be Cypress. Just fun from beginning to end, and it's more of a show (definitely more of a festival show).

Juloxx I don't know if Cypress has the respect of the indie crowd but if they don't, I don't know why not. Fuck the indie crowd anyway though. "Agh, that's mainstream garbage, underground and old school is better!"

donkey sex
01-20-2010, 03:51 PM
the horns to 'Cool like dat' just entered my head after reading their name. Thanks for that.

cooperb1
01-20-2010, 03:55 PM
DE LA SOUL has alwase be good live and i thnk they have realy good songs and a good presents on stage cyprees hill has gone way don hill <no pun intended> there song rockstar is just bad i,m all for mixing up difrent kinds of music but this one just dident sound right de la soul is good becouse they cant blend the volcals and music well .

juloxx
01-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Juloxx I don't know if Cypress has the respect of the indie crowd but if they don't, I don't know why not. Fuck the indie crowd anyway though. "Agh, that's mainstream garbage, underground and old school is better!"

That philosophy has gotten me pretty unpopular on this forum, luckily I dont go on this site to make friends (Craigslist is better at that).

That aside I have heard that Meth & Red put on the best show out of the three. Meth supposdley bases most of his show on crowd interaction. Unfortunately, when I saw them there was a huge section separating the crowd from the stage where just photographers were just chilling. Meth wasnt able to walk on the crowd or surf cuz of that which takes from his set. That aside, it was still pretty fun seeing them.

nbvcide
01-20-2010, 03:58 PM

Cypress Hill was never gonna play.. they have their own festival a few miles away the same week as Coachella..

have fun there with Snoop Dogg, etc.

nbvcide
01-20-2010, 03:58 PM

:rotfl

insbordnat
01-20-2010, 04:00 PM
the horns to 'Cool like dat' just entered my head after reading their name. Thanks for that.

What, digable planets are playing too?

nationocean
01-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Haha, I've been gone all afternoon. Is that Caligula guy really banned? That's awesome.

PotVsKtl
01-20-2010, 04:23 PM
They all look the same to me.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-20-2010, 04:29 PM
de la soul put on one of the best shows i've ever seen

Monklish
01-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Vice President Of Raving Relations, where ya been?

psycobetabuckdown
01-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Cypress Hill was never gonna play.. they have their own festival a few miles away the same week as Coachella..

have fun there with Snoop Dogg, etc.

If I lived in LA I would've been there. That was quite a lineup for that type of festival.

Purgideath
01-20-2010, 04:38 PM
De La Soul are amazing and can't wait to hear them with Gorillaz:)

Trick Loves The Kids
01-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Vice President Of Raving Relations, where ya been?

stoned

mozfan27
01-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Was one of the many great surprises on the lineup yesterday. Sunday is just stacked

mittens4kittens
01-20-2010, 04:50 PM
"and, and bass up the track a little bit, cause I wanna hear that BOOMP-Chika-BOOMPBOOM, you know what I'm sayin?"

donkey sex
01-20-2010, 06:33 PM
making a mix tape with "That girl is poison" and "Things that make you go hmm" now

ABCkatie
01-22-2010, 03:32 PM
You only like old school rap AND Atmosphere? lol

yuuuuuup

chairmenmeow47
01-22-2010, 03:33 PM
de la soul is a lot of fun live. i hope they cook up beats :)

heart cooks brain
01-22-2010, 03:42 PM
To answer the question posed in the title of this thread, no. No one can explain anything to you, caligula, because you don't listen to a fucking thing anyone says.

BigBryan
01-22-2010, 04:43 PM
I know towards the end of 2009 they went out on tour performing the "3 feet high and rising" album in celebration of its 20th anniversary. They toured with the rhythm roots all-stars which has been the back up band for the "hip hop live" tour they did in 08 and 07. I wouldnt be surprised if they did a similar performance for "3 feet..." kind of like Public Enemy performed "It takes a nation..." last year.

Thats kinda the only thing I can think of that doesnt involved the gorillaz and they dont have new material.

WhyTheLongFace
03-03-2010, 07:42 PM
De La>>>>>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7dOl00jAqGw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7dOl00jAqGw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

rasooli
03-03-2010, 07:52 PM
This Caligula guy is crazy....I've been to over 50 hip hop shows (hop hop was my first love) and De La Soul is the best hip hop show I've ever been too

kneuller
03-03-2010, 08:58 PM
I would rather have A Tribe Called Quest there but De La Soul will still be cool and they are responsible for one of the illest Dunk SBs ever so theyll always be alright in my book

http://www.kicksonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/nike-dunk-high-pro-sb-de-la-soul-baroque-brown-altitude-green-4.jpg

psycobetabuckdown
03-03-2010, 09:05 PM
This Caligula guy is crazy....I've been to over 50 hip hop shows (hop hop was my first love) and De La Soul is the best hip hop show I've ever been too

Really? De La Soul is good but I never thought it was something I had to see again. And I did see it again and it was the same thing as the first time.

I've seen several hip-hop shows better than De La Soul. No disrespect though, I'm glad they're at Coachella, Gorillaz or not.

saulgood
03-03-2010, 09:13 PM

1. I saw De La Soul at Rock the Bells, it was a blast
2. Maybe they're getting old and their fans want to see them before they are too old to really rock the house (see also:Gangstarr's Guru heart attack)
3. (this is the one that really gets me) "even the fuckin Outkast" Even?!??What the fuck do you mean by even? Maybe it's just because Outkast is my favorite group ever but this is the most offensive thing I've seen on this entire message board everrr.

juloxx
03-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Dont trip Saul. OP was banned for being a fucking moron

rasooli
03-03-2010, 09:34 PM
yea, thats what I heard too.

rasooli
03-03-2010, 09:36 PM
I've never seen ATCQ live, and they've always been one of my favorites, so I would definitely down to see those fools killing it. Dude, De La's performance at Rock the Bells was fucking incredible....

FoxeyLady
03-03-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm still hoping for The Pharcyde one year.

brycerosen
03-03-2010, 09:39 PM
ME MYSELF AND I ! ! ! !

darkjustice
03-03-2010, 09:42 PM
I DECLARE THIS THE MOST RETARDED THREAD OF ALL TIME

juloxx
03-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm still hoping for The Pharcyde one year.

Thought it was gonna be last or this year since they did Rock the Bells recently but I was let down.

Stay faithful though

saulgood
03-03-2010, 09:46 PM
I've never seen ATCQ live, and they've always been one of my favorites, so I would definitely down to see those fools killing it. Dude, De La's performance at Rock the Bells was fucking incredible....

ATCQ finished Rock the Bells at the Gorge and it was incredible, Q-tip was drunk and goin off, I was so tired from smoking blunts in the heat all day (not bragging, I wish I hadn't smoked em cuz I was burnt out) but his energy brought me back, and De La and some others got on stage for Award Tour.

And I saw Pharcyde there too which was sooo dope, they have the best stage presence and choreographed dances. but don't hold your breath cause i think they reunited only for that tour.

mickflyy
03-03-2010, 11:45 PM
I would rather have A Tribe Called Quest there but De La Soul will still be cool and they are responsible for one of the illest Dunk SBs ever so theyll always be alright in my book

http://www.kicksonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/nike-dunk-high-pro-sb-de-la-soul-baroque-brown-altitude-green-4.jpg

this ... except the shoe part

WhyTheLongFace
03-03-2010, 11:48 PM
ATCQ was so boring at RTB 1 year and a half ago. They should have went on before Nas.

saulgood
03-03-2010, 11:55 PM
Damn, maybe it was cause tip was drunk and it was the last stop of rock the bells but they killed at the gorge. or cause im a huge fan.

lizng
03-04-2010, 08:49 AM

Are these from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles collection?

Davids81
03-04-2010, 09:24 AM
I can't believe all the SB hate.

robotrock1382
03-04-2010, 12:00 PM
um because they're awesome

beavington
03-04-2010, 12:12 PM

people can pretend all they want that it is some reason other than this

BrickTop24
03-04-2010, 01:44 PM
if you dont want to see De La Soul, then go elsewhere during their performance. they're defintely the best hip hop act this year and i cant wait to see them live.

parable
03-04-2010, 02:54 PM

You care too much...Caligula, if you don't like it go to another stage. Better yet, start your own festival and book your own lineup...but who am I to talk, I complained about Perry Farrell being booked so I guess I'm a hypocrite. But in truth I was just looking for an opportunity to change his name to Ferry Parrell...so I guess we both suck...but YOU still suck more.