PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Do Lab and Lucent Dossier????

Glamr0ck
01-20-2010, 08:54 AM
I spend most of my time in this area every year because they have the best shows, the best music, the cutest people and the art statues look amazing... plus WATER! But i don't see them on the lineup :( They are the reason i come.

Does anyone know if they'll be there?

higgybaby23
01-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Relax. Patience.

They will both be there.

greghead
01-20-2010, 08:56 AM
I spend most of my time in this area every year because they have the best shows, the best music, the cutest people and the art statues look amazing... plus WATER! But i don't see them on the lineup :( They are the reason i come.

You pay $375 for a watered-down burlesque show?

jlk2490
01-20-2010, 09:23 AM
Yea I think they were added a few days after the lineup was out last year

NoizeSelektor
01-20-2010, 10:21 AM
fuckin looove the do lab.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-20-2010, 10:35 AM
The do lab is never a part of the actual line-up, is it?

LameCake
01-20-2010, 10:45 AM
I believe it's part of the art.

NoizeSelektor
01-20-2010, 10:57 AM
anything done with them or by them is legit.

Glamr0ck
02-02-2010, 03:38 PM
The Lucent Dossier show's are always so freakin' innovative and inspiring. Blows so much else at Coachella out of the water ;) in terms of the creativity and the freedom of it. Their music is sick also. Fingers crossed that we'll see their names added to the line up soon...

Ravingmad
02-02-2010, 03:47 PM
They're never actually on the lineup. The Do Lab guy was posting in other threads asking for suggestions, so don't worry, they'll be there.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-02-2010, 04:26 PM

correct, it is not.

They'll be emailing everyone with their line up in a month or so. They'll also post it here, but it wont be for a bit.

Be patient, it'll be there.

super
02-02-2010, 09:27 PM
O thank god. the Do Lab Oasis is THE funnest and most awesome place to be on the field! and I LOVE Lucent Dossier!!!!!!!!! while of course I love to see all the rad bands and singers at coachella, the lucent show is the only place where I feel personally touched and that I am a part of something really special. plus I love dancing there, at the oasis, so free and alive!

€uroMeinke
02-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Lucent Dossier and the Do Lab are definitely one of the things that make me want to return to Coachella. I couldn't go last year and they were the thing I missed most.

Imfamous
02-03-2010, 08:05 AM
This is seriously BAD news if Lucent DOssier is NOT there this year at COachella! The only reason why I keep going is because the Lucent Dossier people in the Do Lab area are the realest and most sincere people and really make connections with everyone they interact with! All the other stages are filled with drunk fuched up people who aren't interested in such things.

Not only do they provide shaded areas for relaxation during the hottest part of the day made out of ART, they also have massive water that cools even a heat stroke, PLUS they have killer music, dance parties and the Lucent DOssier shows are the sickest shows at the festival! I HAVE to see them on the bill, or I'm not going. And neither is the crew I usually go with.

rage patton
02-03-2010, 08:08 AM

In 2009 they were on the bottom of the poster. I believe they were added to the final version of the poster in 08 too.

HandBanana
02-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Someone plz tell them (Lucent Dossier) to bring back that curly haired blonde lady cuz I want her to be my wife plz

Sonicifyouwantit
02-03-2010, 12:53 PM

nope, but that water saves my ass each year.

nbvcide
02-03-2010, 01:30 PM
They're never actually on the lineup.

that's not true.. Lucent Dossier has been on the poster the last couple of years..

the Do Lab lineup however, is not.. but it's something i'm very very much looking forward to..

i can name ten names and i'll guarantee that at least 7 of them will be there..

Devin the Dude
02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
anyone doing Lucent L'Amour?

sk8r408
02-03-2010, 01:33 PM

They're never actually on the lineup. The Do Lab guy was posting in other threads asking for suggestions, so don't worry, they'll be there.

correct, it is not.

They'll be emailing everyone with their line up in a month or so. They'll also post it here, but it wont be for a bit.

Be patient, it'll be there.

Wong. See the bottom of the last 2 posters...

http://www.merch.com/images/co2.ps.008.jpg

http://www.merch.com/images/co2.ps.009.jpg

I hope they bring it back too!

Sonicifyouwantit
02-03-2010, 01:34 PM

No, love is gay. Lucent L'Guerre would be much more explosive.

IRSCOTT
02-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Some like it hot some like it cold, i like it in a pot 9 days old.... hrm

bludevil007
02-03-2010, 01:54 PM
This is seriously BAD news if Lucent DOssier is NOT there this year at COachella! The only reason why I keep going is because the Lucent Dossier people in the Do Lab area are the realest and most sincere people and really make connections with everyone they interact with! All the other stages are filled with drunk fuched up people who aren't interested in such things.

Not only do they provide shaded areas for relaxation during the hottest part of the day made out of ART, they also have massive water that cools even a heat stroke, PLUS they have killer music, dance parties and the Lucent DOssier shows are the sickest shows at the festival! I HAVE to see them on the bill, or I'm not going. And neither is the crew I usually go with.

Seriously who the fuck cares about some water misters and theatrical pirates.

Please stay home.

nbvcide
02-03-2010, 02:00 PM
^^you forgot how the Do Lab is 90% badass underground DJs playing some of the best EDM the sahara is too scared to play..

nbvcide
02-03-2010, 02:01 PM
i said months ago i was hoping for a shitty Coachella lineup (mostly main stage) so i could spend more time in the Do Lab and Dome with fewer conflicts..

RoughSteez
02-03-2010, 03:24 PM

I've definitely been thinking about it. Other than there awesome production at coachella they had an installment at the LA art walk a few weeks ago. They do some really inspiring stuff and as mentioned earlier some awesome dj's.

nbvcide
02-03-2010, 04:39 PM
here's the awesome lineup they had last year that wasn't even on the poster:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3374/3418831382_5d47f8c796.jpg

michaelmontanez
02-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Do Lab is a great place to pick up some drugz

ZackQ
02-03-2010, 06:33 PM
The Do Lab is in storage right now, and most of the people from Lucent Dossier are waiting tables in the greater Los Angeles area.

€uroMeinke
02-03-2010, 06:49 PM
The Do Lab is in storage right now, and most of the people from Lucent Dossier are waiting tables in the greater Los Angeles area.

Actually, I think you'll find them prepping and rehearsing for Lucent L'amour (http://lucentlamour.com/) at the Shrine

mr.mojo
02-03-2010, 08:18 PM
every year i wander from hot tent to crowded pop up in search of art and every year i end up back at the do lab's misting oasis dancing to some amazing dj's and being in awe of the lucent shows.. that is the creativity that we need at coachella.. i love the variety of music out there but i need the do lab and lucent dossier.. please bring them back so that i too will come back.

auroura
03-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I really hope they bring back Lucent Dossier this year. That show is the sickest thing I have EVER seen! I come back every year just to check them out. Everything else is commercial bull. The Lucent area is some of the most inspiring, and creative stuff I have ever seen. It's real and it's all love. If they aren't there this year, I don't think I'm going to a buy a ticket. My friends and I are just waiting to see if they are confirmed.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Commercial bull they say....

captncrzy
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
every year i wander from hot tent to crowded pop up in search of art and every year i end up back at the do lab's misting oasis dancing to some amazing dj's and being in awe of the lucent shows.. that is the creativity that we need at coachella.. i love the variety of music out there but i need the do lab and lucent dossier.. please bring them back so that i too will come back.

I really hope they bring back Lucent Dossier this year. That show is the sickest thing I have EVER seen! I come back every year just to check them out. Everything else is commercial bull. The Lucent area is some of the most inspiring, and creative stuff I have ever seen. It's real and it's all love. If they aren't there this year, I don't think I'm going to a buy a ticket. My friends and I are just waiting to see if they are confirmed.

Anyone want to bet these are a couple of the show-dancing hoebags the DoLab employs?

riverhawk
03-04-2010, 01:15 PM
I hope Lucent Dossier and the Do LAb are there!!! They motherfucking rock that party; they take it to a whole other level..

riverhawk
03-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Holy smokes and all the cuties are over there.

riverhawk
03-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah...i'm just remembering last year now..those people are brilliant...i must party with them AGAIN!! Dancing like a madboy...hells YES!!!!!!!!!

unknown
03-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Might as well add ^this person to that list, Jen.

Oh Geez
03-04-2010, 02:09 PM
I can't remember a coachella without Lucent Dossier and the DoLab... They are like the icing on the cake.. without them it feels like just another typical run of the mill festival with nothing new or different to express when you just want to get away . (and trust me... I am sick of those kinds)... I really love escaping in Lucent Dossier's shows!! I really hope they'll be there this year....otherwise it would be a total buzzkill

WhyTheLongFace
03-04-2010, 02:15 PM
They're swarming in. Oh Noez!

unknown
03-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Oh Geez.

SAKUL 1379
03-05-2010, 08:55 AM
LUCENT DOSSIER - YES PLEASE.. HOW CAN WE MAKE SURE THEY ARE THERE?

genofs1
03-05-2010, 01:26 PM
so despite these posts, I have just heard that there will NOT be Lucent Dossier. They have been bumped off the schedule, because lack of audience interest -- that's the "official" word. This is crazy! Who makes these STUPID decisions?

humanoid
03-05-2010, 01:47 PM
a bunch of first post lurkers have declared their love for the Do Lab....obviously there is audience interest!!!

I've enjoyed the Do Lab a few times, I just think the post attack is silly and transparent

daybird
03-05-2010, 10:47 PM
They better be there. That's all I'm sayin.

sexylady
03-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Relax. Patience.

They will both be there.

who is this, and how do you have such information? I want confirmation before i buy my tickets!

sexylady
03-06-2010, 08:16 AM
LUCENT DOSSIER - YES PLEASE.. HOW CAN WE MAKE SURE THEY ARE THERE?

who's dick do I need to suck to get them there? That's all I'm saying!

sexylady
03-06-2010, 08:19 AM
This is seriously making me really sad! Please tell me this is NOT true! I just want to run away with the circus....Lucent if you are out there, reading this, or Coachella peeps, please please please tell me why?????????

I can't remember a coachella without Lucent Dossier and the DoLab... They are like the icing on the cake.. without them it feels like just another typical run of the mill festival with nothing new or different to express when you just want to get away . (and trust me... I am sick of those kinds)... I really love escaping in Lucent Dossier's shows!! I really hope they'll be there this year....otherwise it would be a total buzzkill

sexylady
03-06-2010, 08:21 AM

Me too! It's true, and why aren't they doing anything about it?

redthreat
03-06-2010, 08:22 AM
wow, this thread is lurk-tastic right now.

whatever- i'm in full support of anything lucent dossier.

every year the do lab gets better and better, why shouldn't it this year?

also- the heinekin dome was pretty ill last year, too. i'd be up for that returning.

sexylady
03-06-2010, 08:29 AM
I though Coachella was more about the art! Where are the performing artists Lucetn Dossier. Coachella you should at least have them there to wander through the crowds fucking with people! One of the sexy guys came up to me last year and broke up with me. It was sooo much fun having that personal interaction. We had a fake mini fight with him ending up in a puddle of mud and me laughing hysterically! That is real entertainment that last's a lifetime! Starring at rockstars up on stage never getting close to them is unfulfilling, although fun, but having real live clown performers interacting with everyone is the difference between someone who cares and someone who doesn't. It's paying attention to the small details in life! Making people feel special one on one is amazing! Bring them just for that! They would rock out people's worlds like they did mine that day! I will never forget you guys!

redthreat
03-06-2010, 08:44 AM
They would rock out people's worlds like they did mine that day! I will never forget you guys!

sexylady, stop spamming. what are you- some fucking LD mole planted in the coachella forum? everyone here likes lucend dossier, you're not changing anybody's mind.

let it rest.

B to the J
03-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Lucent is more of an experience than a "line up." I believe they add a wonderful element to the ridiculously HOT desert... dont tell me you havent enjoyed the shade and water and art provided by The Do Lab and Lucent Dossier! Its a nice place to chill, watch a great sexy show instead of being jam packed into a tent with 1000 other sweaty people. Trust me ... you want this experience again. I love em.

captncrzy
03-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Ok, so the Do Lab people haven't been signed and are apparently desperate to come back based on all the old thread bumps that they're causing. Fucking stupid. The Do Lab adds very little, other than misters, to the festival-and the sound bleed is fucking horrible. So there you have it.

sportsbunny
03-06-2010, 06:28 PM
The Do Lab adds very little, other than misters, to the festival-and the sound bleed is fucking horrible. So there you have it.

sorry, disagree

crazzz2007
03-06-2010, 08:16 PM
do these fucking morons not realize that the more they spam the board, the less likely it is that the Do Lab/Lucent will be added? what the fuck is wrong with you people? do you really think anyone is falling for your bullshit?

and did someone really try to argue that lucent isn't commercial? that's a fucking joke. they are 10 times more commercial than coachella. THEY JUST OPENED FOR THE BLACK EYED PEAS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

idiots.

zimmy1222
03-06-2010, 08:25 PM
The Do Lab Lucent Dossier adds very little, other than misters,

fixed, the do lab is a nice place to get a change of pace from the rest of the festival... plain and simple..

Daft Fro
03-06-2010, 08:49 PM
...I am a bit curious as to how/why the DoLab request list thread is gone now..... unless i just can't seem to find it.