PDA

View Full Version : I've never been to one of these before. Could someone help me out?

EmmaSkies
01-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Ok, honestly, I'd never even heard of this before today. I just happened to be purusing Kid Beyond's Myspace Music page when I stumbled upon a banner for this festival. (although the one on his page said April 27, 28, and 29. What's up with that?) After seeing some of my favorite bands on the list I googled it to see if I could get tickets. This is where I got confused. The only thing that is available are Layaway tickets that let you camp out there for the whole three days. This would have been great until it got to the part where I have to be over 18. Seriously?? That's bull shit! Like I've never been around drinking and drugs...anyway that's beside the point. How do I get tickets for just one of the days, because I wouldn't be allowed to miss school on the first day and I mostly wanted to see the second day with Jack's Mannequin, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Gotan Project, Travis, etc.
After some more searching I discovered that the line-up hasn't even been announced yet which leads me to believe that I was looking at last year's line-up and that asshole just hadn't taken it down yet. Seriously, way to crsh my spirits after I got completely pumped to see some of those bands, ugh.
From one music junkie to one (or more) others, please help me out.

P.S. Is it true that Muse is headlining?!? I think I'll die if they are and I can't go...too dramatic?

Cdubby
01-18-2010, 04:34 PM
yeah that was 2007's poster, check back tomorrow.

keith
01-18-2010, 04:34 PM

paulthomasanderson
01-18-2010, 04:35 PM
I got your LULZ right here bitch.

scoop49er
01-18-2010, 04:49 PM
do your homework and u will be fine.....

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Sorry, but there is no daycare at this event

Please exit the boards to your left, and dont bother coming to Coachella.

lowfront
01-18-2010, 05:18 PM
EmmaSkies

that was truly the best post I have read on this board in a long time.

I think the reason why camping is 18+ is to keep kids like you out.

jaysocal
01-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Like I've never been around drinking and drugs...anyway that's beside the point.

That's for sure.

EmmaSkies
01-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Sorry, but there is no daycare at this event

Please exit the boards to your left, and dont bother coming to Coachella.
Fuck you! I'm not the one that needs a daycare, all you fuckers running around getting high and overdosing like a bunch of fucking imbeciles are the ones getting hurt! I'm just here for some good music and a good time. I didn't post this message to be attacked for my age by some spiteful asshole. You could have just left the thread but oh no, your opinion is so important that Coachella is going to be ruined by a hoard of small children if you don't let us all know how you feel.
I posted this thread for answers to my questions, and if you can't provide what I'm asking for, then stay the fuck out.

frazzles
01-19-2010, 01:57 PM
As someone who doesn't drink too often or take drugs, I will say this: Shut the fuck up and calm down--it's not that serious.

myelectrolife
01-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Emma try not to take anyone here too seriously. This festival is HUGE to us and we have been following it for some time. Your post just seems SOOOO ridiculous seeing as how the lineup was released TODAY and your asking such a question... LOL.

Anyway you have been very lightly burned for such a post, consider yourself lucky.

youve been warned

Ravingmad
01-19-2010, 02:09 PM
You can still get in, you just can't camp if you are under 18. If you want to go, you'll have to get a cheap hotel room or something, but the festival itself is all ages.

canexplain
01-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Yea Emma, welcome to coachella maybe and welcome to the board. They are two different critters .. cr****

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Fuck you! I'm not the one that needs a daycare, all you fuckers running around getting high and overdosing like a bunch of fucking imbeciles are the ones getting hurt! I'm just here for some good music and a good time. I didn't post this message to be attacked for my age by some spiteful asshole. You could have just left the thread but oh no, your opinion is so important that Coachella is going to be ruined by a hoard of small children if you don't let us all know how you feel.
I posted this thread for answers to my questions, and if you can't provide what I'm asking for, then stay the fuck out.

Uh-oh, looks like someone missed their nap!

psychic friend
01-19-2010, 02:42 PM
you guys are killing me

HAHAHHAHA