View Full Version : 2pm-4pm Friday arrival

lowfront
02-20-2007, 07:49 PM
2pm-4pm friday arrival

How will the traffic be?

How long will I be waiting?

york707
02-20-2007, 07:51 PM
It's hard to say since we've never had music on a Friday before...

I am curious how early the music will start. If it will start just as early as the other days, a la Lollapalooza, or a little later to accomodate travelers, say at 2 instead of 12, a la Austin City Limits....

lowfront
02-20-2007, 07:53 PM
So basically its gonna be the worst possible time to come? Right around when It starts.

vinylmartyr
02-20-2007, 07:55 PM
fucked

Courtney
02-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Eh? Isn't when it starts the best time to come, because you won't miss anything (or at least you won't miss very much)?

lowfront
02-20-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm talking traffic here.....

I mean how long is a long time waiting for traffic outside the place. I can handle an hour or so. But no more then that. If its gonna be longer I would to know so I could plan to eat somewhere or something before we get down there.

AEversW
02-20-2007, 08:14 PM
im leaving here at 3 in the morning on friday...get there around 7 and then sleep until the gates open. Worked great last year.

Boourns
02-20-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm arriving when the gates open. Kinda have to when camping.

lowfront
02-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Well do you guys think that a 4pm arrival is bad enouph to just sell the friday ticket because I'm going to not get into the show till when 6 or 7?

pinguinotonto
02-20-2007, 08:25 PM
yeah i was worried about this as well, since i'll be leaving from Tucson at around 10:30..i was probably gonna get there around 4 or so. I'm assuming that traffic coming from the east isn't as worse as it is coming from LA? but still...

mountmccabe
02-20-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm talking traffic here.....

I mean how long is a long time waiting for traffic outside the place. I can handle an hour or so. But no more then that. If its gonna be longer I would to know so I could plan to eat somewhere or something before we get down there.

You should plan to eat beforehand.

Friday's going to be a pretty full day even if it doesn't entirely sell out. Traffic in is going to be slow moving and the lines are going to be long well into the early evening.

And I'm pretty sure it's been said that Friday is 12-12 just like the other days. Though that hasn't always meant that the first band for every stage starts at noon. On Sunday last year the Coachella stage didn't start until 1:10. The Outdoor theater and the Sahara did go on right at 12, though.

mountmccabe
02-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Well do you guys think that a 4pm arrival is bad enouph to just sell the friday ticket because I'm going to not get into the show till when 6 or 7?

Five hours of Coachella is better than zero hours. Is it still worth it depends on far too many other factors for others to decide for you.

For one it depends on what you think of the lineup and when the bands you want to see are playing. For me I can't imagine the Jesus and Mary Chain going on before 7 so I'd still go because I want to see them enough to deal with being upset that I didn't get there early enough to see Gillian Welch and Busdriver and Brother Ali and whoever too. AGAIN: THESE ARE ALL FUZZY ASSUMPTIONS AS TO WHEN ARTISTS ARE PERFORMING.

RODGERRAMJET
02-21-2007, 01:03 PM
This is exactly the shape I'm in, because of having to work on Friday. It's a two hour plus drive from my job site to the festival, which will put me in Indio around 3:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m. on Friday if I'm lucky. Then, there's sitting in all that damn traffic--add another hour. Parking the car, walking miles to the site, going through "check thru", finding your bearings, etc. I figure by the time it's all said and done, I won't actually see my first band Friday until about 6:30 p.m. or so. Is that about right?

kimery08
02-21-2007, 01:07 PM
go inside.

music is always worth it.

fatbastard
02-22-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm going to try and get there by 1:00PM on Friday.