PDA

View Full Version : Pioneers of the Electronic Live Show

juloxx
01-17-2010, 01:34 PM
As were starting to see more and more electronic artists are realizing that playing their sets with live instruments tends to make for a better show,or attracts a bigger crowd at the very least.

What I want to know is who you guys think were the first electronic artists to incoorperate live instruments into their sets as well as who you think does it the best.

Who do you guys think the pioneers of this style of show are?

PassiveTheory
01-17-2010, 01:49 PM
http://lee.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/coachella_saturday_night_4_kraftwerk.jpg

canexplain
01-17-2010, 01:56 PM
I am not sure of your question: It might be Howard Jones or Kraftwerk or???

Les Paul .....While experimenting in his apartment in 1940, Paul nearly succumbed to electrocution.

Although: Paul's innovative guitar, "The Log", built after-hours in the Epiphone guitar factory in 1940, was one of the first solid-body electric guitars. Adolph Rickenbacker had marketed a solid-body guitar in the 1930s and Leo Fender also independently created his own in 1946.

or

In the late 1940s, magnetic tape began to be used, especially in France, to modify natural sounds (playing them backward, at different speeds, etc.), creating the genre known as musique concrète.

wmgaretjax
01-17-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question, so I'm going to copy and paste a bunch of irrelevant crap.

MassonaBlackEyes
01-17-2010, 02:59 PM
8qD9edGvksw

JebusLives
01-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Technically the electric guitar has been electronic since 1931. Keyboard synths have been live since they were invented as well. Hence the confusion.

With the advent of laptops powerful enough to sequence on the fly, we've had "live" mixing of samples (which I think it what you're talking about) since what, the late 90s?

TallGuyCM
01-17-2010, 06:11 PM
As were starting to see more and more electronic artists are realizing that playing their sets with live instruments tends to make for a better show,or attracts a bigger crowd at the very least.

What I want to know is who you guys think were the first electronic artists to incoorperate live instruments into their sets as well as who you think does it the best.

Who do you guys think the pioneers of this style of show are?

English isn't your first language, is it?

juloxx
01-17-2010, 06:15 PM
I am talking about techno artists using live instruments in their sets.

For example Infected Mushroom plays their live shows with a guitarist and a drummer n shit even all their music is made with computers.

Didnt think it was too hard to understand, but I guess I worded my question stupidly or something.

bmack86
01-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Technically the electric guitar has been electronic since 1931. Keyboard synths have been live since they were invented as well. Hence the confusion.

With the advent of laptops powerful enough to sequence on the fly, we've had "live" mixing of samples (which I think it what you're talking about) since what, the late 90s?

An electric guitar would always be electronic. Hence electric.

Kraftwerk used to perform with all live instrumentation in the 70s and 80s. And they still do it better than most.

wmgaretjax
01-17-2010, 06:30 PM
i'm a little confused by this term "live instruments."

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-17-2010, 06:47 PM
this is the statement that puzzles me the most:

As were starting to see more and more electronic artists are realizing that playing their sets with live instruments tends to make for a better show,or attracts a bigger crowd at the very least.\

how is this new in any way or attracting any bigger of a crowd than it ever has?

Is your question simply why you personally are only noticing this trend now? I don't know how anybody else could possibly answer that question.