PDA

View Full Version : GV will never do this but they should...

ayates
01-22-2007, 04:13 AM
ISIS and/or Mastodon

Many people will probably disagree but considering many of you have not listened to ISIS, let alone Mastodon, I will take your thoughts with a grain of salt.

ISIS opened up for Tool during a string of US dates a few months back and they were simply amazing. Having already seen Tool three previous times, I would have paid $45 to see ISIS alone that particular night. Give their latest album, In the Absence of Truth, a listen. You will not regret it.

Mastodon is a far stretch for Coachella, I realize. Yes, this is not the Warped Tour and I know that having been to both. Let us not fool ourselves though, how many indie acts such as "The Plurals" can GV regurgitate? No, The Plurals is not a real band; at least I do not think it is. However, every time I turn my head it is The Somethings and they sound The Same. Having one or two hard acts will not turn Coachella into anarchy.

Kiefer
01-22-2007, 04:29 AM
actually, i've seen both bands, both in super small clubs. and they are both really fucking good. isis would seem a better fit, i would say. i really wouldn't judge the board regulars though, we listen to a lot of different shit.

york707
01-22-2007, 04:54 AM
Both would be great, please.

pewter14
01-22-2007, 04:56 AM
Don't get your hopes up for Isis ...

I was poking around Ipecac recods site to find out more on Michael Patton's band Peeping Tom (who *is* playing Coahella) and found the tour schedule for them, and Isis ...

http://www.ipecac.com/calendar.php

Seeing as Isis is playing an LA gig 3 weeks prior to Coachella, you can probably rule them out. I think that is one of the stipulations around playing Coachella, you cannot have any LA area gigs like a month before the show (not sure on the exact deatails).

antpeople
01-22-2007, 07:20 AM
I would love both of them to be added. Those are bands that I won't put out the money on alone...but at Coachella.....anything goes, I even checked out Kanye West last year!! LOL

york707
01-22-2007, 07:21 AM
The smaller bands usually aren't held to that rule as tightly

Mr. Personality
01-22-2007, 08:04 AM
I guess Circa Survive's about as heavy as we're getting this year.

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
03-12-2007, 08:54 AM
I guess Circa Survive's about as heavy as we're getting this year.

This makes me sad.

Natelevmofuggaz
03-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Dude there are like 5 Mastodon/Isis posts on the board right now haha. Yeah I think Isis would fit the festival more, and don't forget about great instrumental bands like Pelican and Red Sparowes, they would make great sunset bands.

Boourns
03-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Last year, Isis released a better Tool album than Tool.

R3d Snapper
03-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Isis would definitely own. Mastodon seems like a bit of a stretch for the coachella crowd but I can see gv adding isis sometime.

TomAz
03-12-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't know Isis but Mastadon would be a great add. (but they're not gonna add anybody OK?). If they can book Gillian Welch and Willie Nelson they can (hypothetically only) book Mastadon.