PDA

View Full Version : Why is this message board full of assholes? Most of the people I meet at coach are..

NoGwenPlease
01-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Why is this message board full of assholes? Everyone I meet at coach are really nice, outgoing, awesome people..

Maybe the polo fields allow these assholes to be nice for a weekend?

This is just a general thing that I've noticed by browsing through the thread.. I understand that (Nice Person + Anonymity = Fuckwad).

Your thoughts?

DJdharma
01-14-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm sure somebody already started this thread.

fatbastard
01-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Did you ever think your song started the bad vibes?

Mike$
01-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Well thats real nice of you to call members of the board ass holes.

bitch.

my thoughts.

dilfpot
01-14-2010, 04:47 PM
why is everyone so angry?
be happy! negative attitude causes problems.
(:

getbetter
01-14-2010, 04:52 PM
that's not true

There's just a large % of members that join that are lame , so for majority of the time they just fed up with being annoyed.

PlayaDelWes
01-14-2010, 04:57 PM
I would have to agree. This time last year, the asshole-o-meter was hardly as high as it is today. As the seasonally active members generate more traffic, I can see how it would be hard for many to see this as a welcoming community.

ELECtROjan
01-14-2010, 05:01 PM
When you meet people they are at Coachella and happy. When were not, we post from places like work, where stress and frustration is high and u can take it out on here. Thats at least my experience...

djandrews25
01-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Threads like this are just asking for it, but hes right. There are an unbelievable amount of douches on here. It gives them power they dont have in real life.

Bud Luster
01-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Everyone, and everything they like, sucks.

psychic friend
01-14-2010, 05:15 PM
For the ones who are not familiar yet, this happens every year around this time. If you are strong enough to get through it, after the dust settles its kind of a fun/funny place for the rest of the year.

Undies
01-14-2010, 05:16 PM
...because message boards in general attract assholes and losers. There are some very interesting and informed people on this board, but there are also a ton of dicks.

Mike$
01-14-2010, 05:23 PM
like Undies.

Cpt. Funkaho
01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Why is this message board full of assholes? Everyone I meet at coach are really nice, outgoing, awesome people..

This is just a general thing that I've noticed by browsing through the thread.. I understand that (Nice Person + Anonymity = Fuckwad).

Your thoughts?

It's all the same people. The regulars on this board just tend to get annoyed by people coming and starting new threads right and left, many of which are carbon copies of one another. The wheat to chaff ratio gets all out of whack, and it's why those of us who hang around year-round tend to get sandy vaginas about new people.

Don't take it personally, and if you can't not take it personally, I don't know what to tell you.

Also, you stole the "Nice Person + Anonymity = Fuckwad" from the guys at Penny-Arcade, and you should attribute it like-a so: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19/

canexplain
01-14-2010, 05:28 PM
.because message boards in general attract assholes and losers

wow, then why did you come to a message board if you feel that way? cr****

Undies
01-14-2010, 05:38 PM
.because message boards in general attract assholes and losers

wow, then why did you come to a message board if you feel that way? cr****

Did you bother to read the second sentence?

york707
01-14-2010, 05:38 PM

Your thoughts?

Have you ever used the Internet before?

weeklymix
01-14-2010, 05:41 PM
You're an asshole, Gwen.

canexplain
01-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Did you bother to read the second sentence?

Yes I did. Did you happen to read how you ended the 2nd sentence? If you think the internetz suck, then watch tv or something. Else, you need to lighten up or you won't make it here long. Just saying. cr****

gaypalmsprings
01-14-2010, 05:44 PM
For the ones who are not familiar yet, this happens every year around this time. If you are strong enough to get through it, after the dust settles its kind of a fun/funny place for the rest of the year.

Yeah, it calms down later, as the gay vibes chill the board.

gaypalmsprings
01-14-2010, 05:46 PM
http://www.nataliedee.com/011410/something-tells-me-this-wasnt-what-those-scientists-had-in-mind-when-they-invented-the-internet.jpg

weeklymix
01-14-2010, 05:48 PM
^ looks like he's pulling his skin apart to reveal he's made of cookie

Harrisment
01-14-2010, 06:20 PM
canexplain - I've always wondered why you end all of your posts with cr****? I have been trying to figure that out for years.

As to the topic. I think that's just kind of the way this board works. A lot of posts seem hostile but I think nearly all of them are tongue in cheek. Just go with it.

rskapcat
01-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Posting your music (or pictures) invites mockery, unless the music is awesome (or you have fantastic tits). Accept and move on.

DJdharma
01-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the playground...

MissingPerson
01-14-2010, 06:48 PM
This time of year is noisey, so a lot of the more balanced boardies tend to hibernate for a bit.

Weather it, fair skinned newbies, it's character building. Don't let it turn you into a douche though, that's never cool.

BROKENDOLL
01-14-2010, 06:51 PM

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/MY%20CREATIVE%20MIND/FUCKOFFWALL2.jpg :rotfl

yeahfontaine
01-14-2010, 06:51 PM

I looked at him again after reading your comment and laughed so hard that I scared my cat while he was sleeping, he got his claw caught in the couch, and all hell broke loose.

BROKENDOLL
01-14-2010, 07:09 PM

I looked at him again after reading your comment and laughed so hard that I scared my cat while he was sleeping, he got his claw caught in the couch, and all hell broke loose.

I did the same shit except the cat looked at me like I was whack, and it was suffacated I caught hell from! LOL Definirely funnier the 2nd time around.

Suffacated
01-14-2010, 07:28 PM
This board isn't full of assholes. It just feels constipated around here thanks to the many wanna-be's with their little shit stained opinions.

SEEDYMIG420
01-14-2010, 08:54 PM

Your thoughts?

.................................................. .................................................. ..................................Wait for it................................................ ............
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................................Almo st there............................................. ....................
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................a lmost................
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................because your a "WEAK ASS PUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Stop cryin about such trivial shit.

never-hide
01-14-2010, 08:58 PM
i didn't want to post here because most of the people here seem like assholes, but i must admit they are pretty funny, funny assholes are okay in my book i guess :] thanks for being so entertaining

dantoro
01-14-2010, 09:12 PM
^ i would quote that cus id made me laugh.... its too much space Seedy stop it.

Yeah pretty much all message boards are emotional dumping grounds for the irritated and socially tarded.

sorry but i have to ready my snacks and drinks for CONAN tonight

bye suckas

gaypalmsprings
01-14-2010, 09:15 PM
http://therrysays.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/admitting-your-an-asshole1.jpg

lindysindie
01-14-2010, 09:32 PM
You just have to be patient and careful about what you say until the other folks on the board start to recognize you and your sense of humor. If you say stupid shit or repeat what has already been discussed to death people are going to get pissy about it. Think about those people at work who ask you the same stupid question all the time.

And this is why I barely speak on here, I am terrified.

BROKENDOLL
01-14-2010, 09:35 PM
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/starburstz43/shittle.gif

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/wetwilly91210/633670605008790029-assholes.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg28/amb3270/AssHoles.jpg

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Im hurt that you'd say such a thing OP :(

pfft syke! Suck my wang, Dave Wang.

foxydj
01-14-2010, 10:45 PM
im not an asshole ,i just dont think muse should be a headliner

foxydj
01-14-2010, 10:53 PM
assholes!

sleepybrew
01-14-2010, 11:15 PM
i love all you assholes

Monklish
01-14-2010, 11:17 PM
We're sure you do.

sleepybrew
01-14-2010, 11:27 PM

tessalasset
01-16-2010, 12:01 AM
You just have to be patient and careful about what you say until the other folks on the board start to recognize you and your sense of humor. If you say stupid shit or repeat what has already been discussed to death people are going to get pissy about it. Think about those people at work who ask you the same stupid question all the time.

And this is why I barely speak on here, I am terrified.

she's absolutely right. it's the same for any message board this big and this established. be patient, take your time and peruse A LOT before you ask questions. 99% of the time your question has already been answered, especially in this forum. it sucks, but it's pretty much a seniority thing here. if you've been around long enough and people know your name and know you are capable of a cohesive conversation, your questions will tend to get honest answers. but if you have like five posts, and ask a question that's answered on the first page, people will jump down your throat. so tread lightly at first, just read a lot. i've been on this board pretty much since the beginning, so i never had an issue since everyone was new at the same time, but i remember when i joined a LOST board that was as established as this, i was also terrified of people yelling at me. for a while, i would only post information if i knew it was original, like a firsthand scoop. but i wouldn't really ask that many questions. i just read a ton. i would suggest just spending a few months on here reading first if you really want to become an integrated member of the board. if, however, you're just here for the coachella season and don't give a fuck what happens after april 18th, by all means, keep calling people assholes.

psycobetabuckdown
01-16-2010, 12:03 AM
who the fuck asked you

tessalasset
01-16-2010, 12:28 AM
hello...you.

brittany
01-16-2010, 03:59 AM
im not an asshole ,i just dont think muse should be a headliner
This isn't being an asshole, this is just common sense/ decent music taste.

Coachella= everyone on drugs + happiest time of the year.
Coachella msg board= everyone on less amount of drugs + desperate for that time of year to hurry up and get here already= cranky assholes taking over the msg board.

myelectrolife
01-16-2010, 06:52 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

psycobetabuckdown
01-16-2010, 11:53 AM
hello...you.

:thu

MaXiMuS501
01-18-2010, 10:31 AM
This isn't being an asshole, this is just common sense/ decent music taste.

Coachella= everyone on drugs + happiest time of the year.
Coachella msg board= everyone on less amount of drugs + desperate for that time of year to hurry up and get here already= cranky assholes taking over the msg board.

Well said!!

Fourthisto
01-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Probably because we're all stressed out thinking of different strategies to dodge AIDS NEEDLES in the Sahara this year. Don't take it personally.

Devin the Dude
01-18-2010, 11:03 AM
BOARD DISCLAIMER: None of the views expressed on The Coachella Music & Arts Festival Message Board are representative of those of Coachella Attendees, Goldenvoice Staff & Personnell, or Paul Tollet.

get over it.

Monklish
01-18-2010, 11:04 AM
BOARD DISCLAIMER: None of the views expressed on The Coachella Music & Arts Festival Message Board are not representative of those of Coachella Attendees, Goldenvoice Staff & Personnell, or Paul Tollet.

DEVIN THE DUDE DISCLAIMER: None of the double negatives expressed by Devin The Dude are in any way reflective of the actual intelligence of the average Coachella Message Board poster.

Devin the Dude
01-18-2010, 11:08 AM
haha typo. love you. :pulse

but thanks for pointing that out. ;]

scoop49er
01-18-2010, 11:49 AM
reason why we are all assholes is cuz this is the only place where we can talk music and act like know it all fucktards!!

i talk music to my other friends and you can see the switch is off and they have no interest...

as least in here im with other shitheads that know everything so its a dysfunctional family but good to have around!

paulthomasanderson
01-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Cuz Suprefan made me an asshole bitch.

joppy-slow
01-18-2010, 12:14 PM
reason why we are all assholes is cuz this is the only place where we can talk music and act like know it all fucktards!!

i talk music to my other friends and you can see the switch is off and they have no interest...

as least in here im with other shitheads that know everything so its a dysfunctional family but good to have around!

amen scoop49er.. when your best friends fave dj is Tiesto, and the only concert your girlfriend has ever attended was Howard Jones, this is your only refuge where you can think your shit doesn't smell..

scoop49er
01-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Howard Jones?? wow!! my wife had only see Marky Mark and the funky bunch, george michael, and janet jackson before i turned her on to concerts..... holy shit!!

dantoro
01-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Howard Jones?? wow!! my wife had only see Marky Mark and the funky bunch, george michael, and janet jackson before i turned her on to concerts..... holy shit!!

Funky bunch to back Jay-Z

fatbastard
01-18-2010, 03:57 PM
97% of new board members suck ass.

Laura owns you
01-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Funky bunch to back Jay-Z

funky bunch to back marky mark, you mean. that would be a way better show.

dantoro
01-18-2010, 04:18 PM
funky bunch to back marky mark, you mean. that would be a way better show.

wasn't he working out with cinder blocks in that one video?

no I mean exactly that, Jay-z with the funky behind him... can't you picture that? of course not because its ridiculous and yes you are right. the return of marky mark and the funky bunch would be better on the polo grounds

lostsoul86
01-18-2010, 04:28 PM

Your thoughts?

cause the ppl in the boards are the hardcore coachella fans that view coachella as a religion and have been going for years...