PDA

View Full Version : Blur ("Graham Coxon has staged a dramatic U-turn ...")

idrive1life
02-20-2007, 06:04 PM
http://www.pr-inside.com/blur-reunion-moves-closer-r54002.htm

LATEST: Former BLUR guitarist GRAHAM COXON has staged a dramatic U-turn by conceding he's considering reuniting with the band.
Coxon quit during the making of Blur's THINK TANK album in 2002 and swore he would never team up with bassist ALEX JAMES, frontman DAMON ALBARN or drummer DAVE ROWNTREE ever again.
But now he's had a change of heart and is prepared to discuss a return to the studio or stage with his former bandmates.
He says, "A reunion has gone through my mind a few times, believe it or not."

http://www.nme.com/layout/magImage.php

suprefan
02-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Hmmm it is NME reporting, but I could see him thinking about it.....

C0linS
02-20-2007, 06:47 PM
I hope not, now before you all shoot me down, here's why.

I liked blur, but i love coxon's solo stuff. The main reason that i didnt LOVE blur (or at least will never admit to it) is that i cant stand Damon alburn. Ive never seen someone who just oozes so much pretensiousness, although that is the NME's type of thing!
So if graham got back together with blur i couldnt love the new stuff, does that make sense or am i just being stubborn?

Alchemy
02-20-2007, 07:02 PM
NME is not up to date. This information was given by Alex James last year. I believe in November, because it was Alex's birthday, and Graham spent the day with him. All Graham has been doing is considering the idea. Although, Alex said it's looking likely...

I think Damon Albarn is a mastermind. He does take control a little too hard though, it is true... But at least he does some amazing stuff with it. I like Graham Coxon's solo stuff a lot... But I love Blur a lot more than his solo stuff. And Blur NEEDS Graham Coxon, at least Damon Albarn realized that. The things that Graham Coxon did in Blur were AMAZING!

C0linS
02-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Blur NEEDS Graham Coxon, at least Damon Albarn realized that.

yeah good shout, in fairness he was bright enough to realize that blur just wouldnt work without Graham

bmack86
02-20-2007, 08:49 PM
that would be awesome

C DUB YA
02-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Damon is a mastermind - but the band needs its 4 parts - respect.

Benny
02-20-2007, 10:31 PM
This is the greatest thing that I have read in years. I'd be so incredibly happy if Blur were complete again...and if they finally played in LA! Benn living here for 7 years and still they've not been here. Seriously, that's just bollocks.

neverclever
02-26-2007, 10:56 AM
hrm, i saw blur in 1997 at the palladium and 1999 at the mayan with graham...

then in 2003 at the wiltern and coachella without graham...

BEST SHOWS EVER!!!!!!!

saw graham solo too and he wasn't bad either... oh and i saw gorillaz in there somewhere too... YAY!

ghettojournalist
02-26-2007, 11:17 AM
blur=2008

wmgaretjax
02-26-2007, 11:33 AM
I hope not, now before you all shoot me down, here's why.

I liked blur, but i love coxon's solo stuff. The main reason that i didnt LOVE blur (or at least will never admit to it) is that i cant stand Damon alburn. Ive never seen someone who just oozes so much pretensiousness, although that is the NME's type of thing!
So if graham got back together with blur i couldnt love the new stuff, does that make sense or am i just being stubborn?

NME is pretentious? ha ha ha...

we need more pretentious artists.

Tylerdurden31
02-26-2007, 11:33 AM
blur=2008

too soon...I say 2009

ghettojournalist
02-26-2007, 01:53 PM
damon is on a musical run.
damon has started work on a new blur album.
all graham needs to do is come in and apply the glue to bring it all back together.
i don't think it's too far-fetched.

kroqken
05-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Damon Albur is too busy with the Good, the Bad & the Queen tobe able to do a Blur album at this time.