PDA

View Full Version : Is Medical Marijuana Okay?

RODGERRAMJET
01-12-2010, 09:07 PM
If I start getting a migraine and I need a couple of hits, and I have a California Medical Marijuana Card, am I gonna get hassled? What about even bringing it in? Has Golden Voice addressed this?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-12-2010, 09:09 PM
give it all to me, i'll get it in for you mate!

seandigi
01-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Just put a fat sack in your shoe like most people. Roll spliffs and blunts all day

foxydj
01-12-2010, 09:36 PM
can i get a reason to be arrested looking for drugs on a public message board? ,ill be in the campground searching

canexplain
01-12-2010, 09:39 PM
If I start getting a migraine and I need a couple of hits, and I have a California Medical Marijuana Card, am I gonna get hassled? What about even bringing it in? Has Golden Voice addressed this?

I posted that question but dani wouldn't answer. Tallguy said you can't except smoke at your home, but I don't know California laws. I know this is just daffy thinking, but for 3 days Coachella IS your home, so would they say you couldn't take your other script? I am only talking at the campground and not inside. It is going like wildfire here in Colorado now. cr****

MassonaBlackEyes
01-12-2010, 09:46 PM
you can only smoke at home

best way to bring it in is wear gym shorts with pockets and wear regular shorts over it

canexplain
01-12-2010, 09:56 PM
you can only smoke at home

best way to bring it in is wear gym shorts with pockets and wear regular shorts over it

I'm sure you don't know but what if you lived in an RV and just traveled around? I wonder how that would work. I am also sure how this would work out, but: If you have a valid MJ card from another state and you get stopped crossing a no MJ state, what would they do? cr****

MassonaBlackEyes
01-12-2010, 10:20 PM
since an RV counts as vehicle you have to stash the weed in the trunk or somewhere far out of reach

if it's parked

enjoy i guess

dont know about crossing state lines tho

psycobetabuckdown
01-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Is this thread a coincidence with the news today about the 4-3 Sacramento vote in favor of legalization?

BrettShipes
01-13-2010, 10:43 AM
They will hassle you because they're looking for people smoking because it's a festival, and yes, you are only technically legally allowed to smoke by your self at your home.

So just sneak it in like everyone else ;)

seanyb
01-13-2010, 03:57 PM
semi-related question, are there drug sniffers dogs around the campsite and festival?

Bud Luster
01-13-2010, 04:00 PM
yes, but you really need to watch out for the drug sniffing horses.

seanyb
01-13-2010, 04:18 PM
drug sniffing HORSES? zomgggggg
what will they think of next

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-13-2010, 04:26 PM
The drug sniffing zebras are the worst. Not only will they track your drug down, they'll do them right infront of you.

MassonaBlackEyes
01-13-2010, 04:45 PM
The drug sniffing zebras are the worst. Not only will they track your drug down, they'll do them right infront of you.

Terrible Joke

BROKENDOLL
01-13-2010, 05:12 PM
But the black and white stripes are a dead give away as to the type of sniffers they are.

BROKENDOLL
01-13-2010, 05:15 PM
I've learned about those criminal behavior types before. I know.

BTW... The medicine I'm taking right now seems to be be okay. :)

seanyb
01-13-2010, 08:38 PM
also, I'm going to be coming from overseas, who wants to sell me drugs? (nark)

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-13-2010, 08:58 PM
But the black and white stripes are a dead give away as to the type of sniffers they are.

My kind of sniffers :cool:

gaypalmsprings
01-13-2010, 08:59 PM
http://www.bobgowa.com/images/camp_sign_5a6l.jpg

dantoro
01-13-2010, 09:03 PM
also, I'm going to be coming from overseas, who wants to sell me drugs?

anyone who pm's you in a response will not be 420 friendly and will likely want to narc u into a terrifying handcuff predicament.

dont pet the german shepard

Jankster
01-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Last week in California they threw out a case against a guy who was caught by CHP with 60 pounds in his car, since he had a valid script and was a member of a club/dispensery. The best part was that the judge order the state to give him back the 60 pounds.

Now, if I could just get back that sweet nug those bastards with the yellow coats took from me back in '06.

FoxeyLady
01-16-2010, 10:48 AM
You know those guys went and rolled up a fatty with that nug of yours...

Jankster
01-16-2010, 11:12 AM
You know those guys went and rolled up a fatty with that nug of yours...

I have always wondered how much they end up confiscating during a weekend. Coachella security is the worst (or best, I guess, if you are on the other side of this debate) as far as this goes. It was my own stupidity that got me caught that time and I am much smarter now. Last year the girl searching my backpack said it smelled like some good shit, and called a couple of others over. I was so stoked that they went through every inch of my bag and couldn't find anything. I just smiled at them quietly. I have never had an issue once inside, although three county sheriffs walked up on me during Damian Marley as I was taking a hit and they just smiled at me. The one in charge actually said "puff, puff, give". Gotta love California!

canexplain
01-17-2010, 04:04 PM
I swear the cops want it both ways. It was worse in the past but when cops bust a dealer, they break down an oz and I think they figure how many joints could you make and sell from the bag. They come up with an oz worth hundreds and hundreds of dollars. So last night on tv they were talking about an illegal MMJ place they busted. The cop was saying that at the rates they were selling grams, an oz would be about 350-400 an oz. Then he continues and says how "That is about 3 to 4 times what the black market is selling oz's for". I am not sure where he gets an oz of green for less then $100. Hypocrites. cr****

TheKnechtion
01-19-2010, 08:54 PM
I wish this question could be legitimately answered... I guess the only way is to ask Indio PD.

BigBryan
01-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Totally different concert, promoters, security, venue, etc, BUT at the CYPRESS HILL SMOKEOUT FESTIVAL cops and security were out in full force confiscating and seizing pot and other drugs.

iammrcandyman
01-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Whats the recommended method of inhaling non-tobacco products at coachella?

Ambookilluh
01-20-2010, 12:58 AM
I seriously wonder how many people get into festivals with weed... I see them everywhere every time and it's like woooh how did you get
in.

magenta
01-20-2010, 01:06 AM
I have always wondered how much they end up confiscating during a weekend. Coachella security is the worst (or best, I guess, if you are on the other side of this debate) as far as this goes. It was my own stupidity that got me caught that time and I am much smarter now. Last year the girl searching my backpack said it smelled like some good shit, and called a couple of others over. I was so stoked that they went through every inch of my bag and couldn't find anything. I just smiled at them quietly. I have never had an issue once inside, although three county sheriffs walked up on me during Damian Marley as I was taking a hit and they just smiled at me. The one in charge actually said "puff, puff, give". Gotta love California!

Tell me you passed it!?!?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-25-2010, 10:45 PM
were not going to post how we sneak stuff in on here, nor are we going to confirm or deny whether it's easy to do

Dont be fucking stupid. There, that's your answer

bmack86
01-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Legal response to this is that a cop cannot be held liable for arresting you if they confiscate marijuana from you even if you are a medical patient. If you press it, they might eventually have to return it, but the real precedent that case set was for large amounts being trafficked.

Ron, if you live in an RV, you're not going to do too well with Medical, since you are using an intoxicant in an automobile. If you're parked and set up legally in a camp for the night, that's one thing, but I know that's not what you're thinking. Likewise, if you have a legal script from one state, it's just a piece of paper in another state. That one should have been very straightforward for you. Think of it this way: in Canada, people can drink at 18. An 18 year old bringing beer from Canada to the US wouldn't be possessing it legally, since it's illegal for them to have it in the US. Where you get it doesn't matter, it's where you have it.

canexplain
01-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Legal response to this is that a cop cannot be held liable for arresting you if they confiscate marijuana from you even if you are a medical patient. If you press it, they might eventually have to return it, but the real precedent that case set was for large amounts being trafficked.

Ron, if you live in an RV, you're not going to do too well with Medical, since you are using an intoxicant in an automobile. If you're parked and set up legally in a camp for the night, that's one thing, but I know that's not what you're thinking. Likewise, if you have a legal script from one state, it's just a piece of paper in another state. That one should have been very straightforward for you. Think of it this way: in Canada, people can drink at 18. An 18 year old bringing beer from Canada to the US wouldn't be possessing it legally, since it's illegal for them to have it in the US. Where you get it doesn't matter, it's where you have it.

Poor read on me dude. I wasn't thinking of driving and smoking, it was just a question I hadn't thought of. Using your logic, a homeless person or a person who does not live in a set address could not be a MMJ patient. Are you saying if I have a prescription for Vicoden or whatever, they will not honor it in another state. This is not a true prescription in that sense, but it has not been taken to court as of yet. (on the fed level it has, but I am talking California law enforcement not feds) Now if one state says it legal and another says it isn't, that is another twist. That is sort of is same sex marriage legal from state to state. In this case, MMJ is legal in Colorado, and legal in California. You can say that's different, I say it's a court case yet to be held. I have an ada placard from colorado, I bet, well know, I can use it in any state in the union. So you can guess, but neither of us know for sure. As usual on this board, half of what we say is supposition cr****

dystopian dream giiiiiirl
01-26-2010, 05:22 AM
hey man. brownies lol

TomServo
02-21-2010, 05:52 PM
hey man. brownies lol

Yeah, I was curious about brownies, myself. If you can bring food in the campsite, seems like the only chance of getting tagged would be the dogs.

I'm not personally planning on bringing anything to the show (my teenage daughter will be observing my example all weekend) - but it seems like brownies or some other baked item would be a possibility. Comment?

juloxx
02-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Your brownies will melt. Enjoy the poop soup

donkey sex
02-22-2010, 09:22 AM
no, just regular marijuana

C_d_M
02-22-2010, 09:29 AM
what about medical heroin? because i really need it for my pains.

Davids81
02-22-2010, 05:50 PM
brownies don't melt

they just become oh-so-deliciously soft.

El.C.Dub
02-22-2010, 08:34 PM
It's not that hard to medicate in the campgrounds/festival as it is, just don't be an idiot.
Srsly though it's a fucking music festival. In southern California.

bustamante.chase
02-22-2010, 11:38 PM
what about medical heroin? because i really need it for my pains.

I got some medical Meth if u want some.. pretty cheap stuff

marleybooger
02-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Your brownies will melt. Enjoy the poop soup

not if there wrapped in a little ziploc bag of ice you dumfuck. thats what ive done here twice now. wear boxer briefs and its hot as fuck out so the ice in the bag makes ur balls feel niceee and fresh

DeadSkin
02-23-2010, 10:16 AM
So what about the camping area, they say that there is roving security... do they hassle you if I wanted to smoke in the camping area? Do alot of people smoke there?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
02-23-2010, 10:44 AM
again, just don't be stupid about it. It's easy enough to have a small pipe and inconspicuously hit it while keeping an eye out. It's another thing to walk around with a ghetto blaster on your shoulder and a giant blunt hanging out of your mouth

geare213
02-23-2010, 10:49 AM
i wouldnt be too worries about anything, we snuck a full foot and a half bong into the campground last year haha

DeadSkin
02-23-2010, 10:51 AM
again, just don't be stupid about it. It's easy enough to have a small pipe and inconspicuously hit it while keeping an eye out. It's another thing to walk around with a ghetto blaster on your shoulder and a giant blunt hanging out of your mouth

Nice, thank you Drinkey, if you find me i am friendly ;)

Changoloco
02-23-2010, 11:46 AM
If you read your Prop. 215 rules, you will understand that you cannot smoke marijuana in public. I think that a music festival would be considered public. You can, however, make consumable food to eat with marijuana in it. If you are really concerned about your migraines then, go get a prescription of Imitrex. My wife suffers from the most extreme migraines that I have ever seen. The effect of marijuana on migraines is questionable. It is used mostly as a preventitive measure. I have done a ton of research on the matter.

TomAz
02-23-2010, 12:20 PM
NO Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia

http://www.coachella.com/event/rules-faq

RageAgainst
02-23-2010, 01:04 PM
not legal at coachella but who cares!!!

Vannesa
02-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Smoking marijuana! That's so unnatural! If God had meant for marijuana to be smoked, he'd have made it flammable when it's dried and cured!

michaelmontanez
02-23-2010, 01:25 PM
if you bring cookies or another baked good, be cool like the guys we met in 08. They gave us a handful of magical chocolate chip cookies on thursday night at the campgrounds, that made the coachella experience start out right. Strangers with weed cookies are the best kind of strangers.

DeadSkin
02-23-2010, 03:12 PM
A friend in need is a friend in deed a friend with weed is better... i gotta hear some placebo

canexplain
02-24-2010, 09:22 PM
I was sort of surprised when I went to craigslist here a while ago. They not only have the MMJ dispensary ads, but just people on there that are selling clones, hash, and out and out full bags of weed. Things are indeed changing here at least for now. cr*****

BeeII
02-24-2010, 10:54 PM
don't bother bringing drugs to coachella. a couple years ago they had a checkpoint on the highway with drug sniffing dogs, some people didn't even make it into Indio.

think about it, don't you think that the cops know that, this is a big rock festival, there's going to be a bunch of dumbasses trying to sneak in narcotics? They get ready for this shit. It's fucking xmas for narcs.

In fact, maybe you should consider not doing dope and instead find comfort in a real high, the high that comes from knowing someone has made the ultimate sacrifice for you. you should take a big "bong load" of Jesus. He'll forgive your druggie ways.

elChurro
02-25-2010, 07:56 AM
medical is great but you still can't legally smoke it in public.

a4t2x0
02-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Here's the deal on MMJ:

Even if you have a license in another state, it is completely worthless in CA. You cannot buy, possess, sell, whatever, pot in CA with a CO license. You will get a ticket.

However, that's about as far as it will go. CA has very lax laws on pot possession. It's essentially the same as a traffic ticket **(as long as you're only carrying a small, personal amount with no intent or indication of intent to distribute).

If you have a CA license for MMJ, you CAN'T smoke freely at the festival. I've been to Coachella several times as well as other festivals throughout the country and it all boils down to this. DON'T BE STUPID! If you want to bring some goods in, hide them in your crotch. Despite what people might say on here, I've personally never seen drug dogs or cops actively looking for drugs. There are too many people at a festival and too many other things to worry about than some people smoking pot.

Any dogs people may have seen in the parking lots or elsewhere were probably looking for explosives or firearms (it is a festival with 100,000+ people, kind of a target).

If you get inside and want to take a puff, be discreet about it. DON'T BE A MORON and you'll be fine.

jenomatic
04-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Can this be brought in? Also how about vitamins and prescription pills?

Aurgasm
04-04-2010, 02:13 PM
according to FAQ:

What about bringing in my medical prescription? example: Diabetic insulin?

You should identify yourselves to security while waiting to enter the venue. Security will locate the medical folks adjacent to the main entrance, and they will assist you in storing and providing a secure area for diabetics. ALL Medical prescriptions and accompanying names on those containers will need to match the person's proper ID.

GeezrRckr
04-04-2010, 02:20 PM
The County of Palm Springs has been waging a bloody war on medical marijuana the past year or so. They shut down all of the clubs and have only allowed two to re-open "legally." there are 3-4 others operating at their own risk currently.

Bottom line...don't risk it, regardless of the fact that Prop 215 is a state law and you may be a valid MM patient (i.e. holding your recommendation and/or state card).

Mugwog
04-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Don't flaunt your RECOMMENDATION

it's not a prescription or license and therefore;
you're in possesion of marijuana Which in the eyes of law enforcement is still illegal, they can seize it, cite you a ticket or take further action if necessary and when you finally get to court, the judge will dismiss the charge
but that shit took a month after you had your $90 quad jacked before coachella started :(

so just Kester it

jenomatic
04-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Thanks for your help guys. i am unfamiliar with the term "Kester".

Mugwog
04-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Put it in your butt

SecretNuT
04-04-2010, 02:57 PM
bunghole?

sison3531
04-04-2010, 04:40 PM
What about vitamins and pills? I plan on taking ibuprofen and some energy pills with me so I can go the distance all three days.

I'm worried security won't believe me at the entrance hah.

koliebo
04-04-2010, 05:43 PM
I've never had a problem bringing in over-the-counter medications like ibuprofen, Sudafed, Zyrtec, etc. It helps if they're in an unopened container, or even better, individually packaged pills in a "blister pack". I also think name brand is probably better (security seemed pretty suspicious of my neon orange, generic ibuprofen, but they didn't take it away)

I should probably clarify that all this applies to camping security. I don't recall the festival security ever being thorough enough to actually come across my Sudafed/etc.

gaypalmsprings
04-04-2010, 05:59 PM
What about vitamins and pills? I plan on taking ibuprofen and some energy pills with me so I can go the distance all three days.

I'm worried security won't believe me at the entrance hah.

What's the problem? There are in-n-outs. Just leave & take yer meds if you have to.

Harrisment
04-04-2010, 06:04 PM
I've never had an issue with getting my prescription meds (pills) through festival security. Never even been asked anything about them. Camping may be a different story, I dont camp.

Stickjohn
04-04-2010, 06:14 PM
I like to go off my meds for Coachella. so many voices.

bonerfromgrowingpains
04-04-2010, 06:14 PM
all you have to do is show your i.d. with the matching name on the prescription bottles. hell, the pills dont even have to be what the prescription reads on the bottle as long as the names match. you can bypass the regular security if you go straight to the cops on either side of the "bag check" and tell them you need to check in your meds. this allows for sneaking in any drugs without having to be searched at all. i do it every year.

GeezrRckr
04-04-2010, 06:19 PM
what meds do you do that for?

sison3531
04-04-2010, 08:27 PM
What's the problem? There are in-n-outs. Just leave & take yer meds if you have to.

My camping site is 4 miles away, that's the problem.

Jankypirate
04-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Security is not psychic or all knowing, nor do they have x-ray vision.

Sneak that shit in like everyone else.

Trick Loves The Kids
04-05-2010, 12:07 AM
it's kind of fucked up that you have to sneak in a medicine you've been recommended by a doctor when you can bring in a pack of cigarettes and buy a beer no problem

Jankypirate
04-05-2010, 09:46 AM
true, I totally agree. At least you can even get a prescription for it now though. And buy it legally.

Rdm3000
04-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Do they ever ask to see whats in your shoe?

If not just put it in your shoes. I've done that at almost every concert i been to.

RooTeefy
04-05-2010, 02:32 PM
In 2008 the entrance line I was in was making everyone take off their shoes and searching them thoroughly. This is the only time this has happened to me in the 8 years I've attended so the chances are fairly slim. The only place you can stash your shit and be totally confident they won't find it is down your pants.

heyeric
04-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Can I bring my cat on a leash? Will shit bags be provided?

*Despite this being California and depending on the situation, either your gonna get a court date(Judge will dismiss if you have a license) or your medicine will just be taken away.

jenmorrison
04-05-2010, 10:46 PM
In fact, maybe you should consider not doing dope and instead find comfort in a real high, the high that comes from knowing someone has made the ultimate sacrifice for you. you should take a big "bong load" of Jesus. He'll forgive your druggie ways.
this will be my sig, right now.

StarskyAndSuch
04-05-2010, 11:38 PM
No but seriously... is Medical MJ not allowed?

batman78
04-06-2010, 06:31 PM
it's kind of fucked up that you have to sneak in a medicine you've been recommended by a doctor when you can bring in a pack of cigarettes and buy a beer no problem

prop. 215

all the way...

we aLL should meet at a tent and have a session before LCD and JAY Z....
i'll bring some LARRY O.G.

zmann
04-13-2010, 04:35 PM
I just noticed this new sentence added to to the rules about medicine:

What about bringing in my medical prescription? example: Diabetic insulin?
You should identify yourselves to security while waiting to enter the venue. Security will locate the medical folks adjacent to the main entrance, and they will assist you in storing and providing a secure area for diabetics. ALL Medical prescriptions and accompanying names on those containers will need to match the person's proper ID. Medical related items (food included) may be brought in provided a proper dr. note and / or prescription detailing the necessity of the item is onsite and available.

Note the mention of Dr.'s note because 'prescription' was the only language they used previously. Also I think adding (food included) can only mean a couple of things....

Discuss.

Ravingmad
04-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Or what if your weed is actually in a prescription medical bottle?

Mugwog
04-13-2010, 05:15 PM
^ then you can sell it at $40/g