PDA

View Full Version : KraftWEEK on kexp Seattle

MarkO
01-12-2010, 03:00 PM
fyi.

So, late last year, Kraftwerk released a box set entitled 12345678: The Catalogue, a collection featuring remastered editions of the group's core eight studio albums. They also released those albums individually, and we've got 1-2-3-4-5 of those landmark releases to give away all this week on The Afternoon Show! Iíll be giving away a set of 5 CD pack to one lucky winner each day (Trans Europe Express, The Man-Machine, Tour De France, Radio-Activity, and Autobahn)! Very cool!

I'll also be spotlighting a different album each day this week, but if you want even more Kraftwerk in your day, click on over to our KEXP Documentaries and the "Pop Goes Electronic" series, available in the "On Demand" section at KEXP.ORG!

See ya on The Afternoon Show!

boarderwoozel3
01-12-2010, 03:10 PM
O rly?

Aurgasm
01-13-2010, 11:33 AM
seattle has something other than shit talking college boys and gloom?

sweet. I wish they were giving away vinyl..i'd be all over it

boarderwoozel3
01-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Awwwwhellnaw!

Boourns
01-13-2010, 02:07 PM
I guess this is the most appropriate thread.

The Man Machine: The Story of Kraftwerk

Saturday Sat 16 Jan 2010 at 22:00 on BBC Radio 2
SYNOPSIS
Jarvis Cocker presents the story of a group of musicians who've influenced artists and movements as diverse as David Bowie, Coldplay, hip hop and the New Romantics.
The programme features a rare interview with Kraftwerk founding member and the only remaining original, Ralph Hutter. It also examines the part played in the "Krautrock" movement by other German electronic music exponents of the 70s, such as Neu! and Tangerine Dream.