PDA

View Full Version : The Official Consequence of Sound (COS) support thread

ShyGuy75
01-07-2010, 06:51 AM
i realize that there are many jealous posters on this forum about the success of cos. they hate and cry anytime cos updates its site with groundbreaking news or confirmations.

just to set the record straight, cos is one of the best music sites on the internet. they put others to shame with how on top of things they are. they always have fresh articles and reviews, and their Festival Outlook section is one that others would taste their own semen to be apart of or have thought of. they really should trademark that section.

any one of you would jump at the chance to be on their creative team.

so here's to you, consequence of sound people. keep up the great work and have a safe, successful 2010.

PassiveTheory
01-07-2010, 07:17 AM
http://www.phuckpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/who_fucking_cares.jpg

vinylmartyr
01-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Remember when COS confirmed Muse. That was awesome.

Alchemy
01-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Not as awesome as when I confirmed Muse, those COS bitches. They murdered my family and burned down my home, I will hate them all I want.

Also, their Hot Chip confirmation link leads to nothing that confirms Hot Chip (even though we know Hot Chip will be there). I demand more formality.

BlackSwan
01-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Hear that COS staff? ShyGuy wants to taste your semen.

TomAz
01-07-2010, 08:19 AM
If they are right about Elvis Costello at Coachella this year, I will also want to taste their semen.

BlackSwan
01-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Don't be such a slut, Tom.

betao
01-07-2010, 08:31 AM
If they are right about Elvis Costello at Coachella this year, I will also want to taste their semen.

Well the Elvis Costello rumor started on the coachella board.

Perhaps you can taste the semen of everyone in that thread instead? Or maybe just the thread starter, whoever that was.

TomAz
01-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Ok. Only if he has Steve Nieve and Pete Thomas with him, though.

J~$$$$
01-07-2010, 08:48 AM
COS handjobs.

Mau5 Boyz
01-07-2010, 12:59 PM
this be comedyz threadz, rightz?

microcuts
01-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Yes, because we're jealous of a site that gets the majority of its information from the forums.

Monklish
01-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Where's the Monklish Support Thread, huh?

djandrews25
01-07-2010, 01:39 PM
You dont need a thread randy, the support you give yourself should be sufficient.

menikmati
01-07-2010, 01:41 PM
OP must have gotten a writing gig with them to cream over the Lolla lineup announcement come April.

PJandBompton
01-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Well the Elvis Costello rumor started on the coachella board.

Perhaps you can taste the semen of everyone in that thread instead? Or maybe just the thread starter, whoever that was.

that was me.

ShyGuy75
01-07-2010, 01:46 PM
menik, its somewhat fascinating how you take things such as coachella v. lolla v. roo personally. you like to comment on all of them, yet have only been to one of them. are you one of the jealous ones that lolla's lineup blows coachella's out of the water each year? does it bother you that most every publication out there touts roo as the best festival in the US? are you one of those close minded cali types who shuns everything that takes place outside of the state even though you never leave the state?

tell us the issue. let us in. we are here to help.

menikmati
01-07-2010, 01:47 PM
told ya

(and please, next time you attempt to write 5 sentences back to back, please try and have them make somewhat sense, thanks)

ShyGuy75
01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
we both know, and anyone who can read knows, that the post makes perfect sense.

we will give you some more time to gather your emotions and respond.

dorkfish
01-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Not a real sentence:

"are you one of the jealous ones that lolla's lineup blows coachella's out of the water each year?"

menikmati
01-07-2010, 01:59 PM
we both know, and anyone who can read knows, that the post makes perfect sense.

we will give you some more time to gather your emotions and respond.

Please, go back to wanting to taste the CoS staff's semen...because I know you must just be "jumping" at the chance to join their creative force, which I'm not sure consists of much outside of posting polls for Bonnaroo.com, in order to get on good terms with the festival in hopes of being mentioned back in tweets and news updates on the their homepage.

guedita
01-07-2010, 02:02 PM
CoS has grammatical errors on their website all the time.

TomAz
01-07-2010, 02:24 PM
most every publication out there touts roo as the best festival in the US

This is attributable to the fact that people are stupid.

I have been to Bonnaroo, and it was fine. It was good. Musically, it was roughly on a par with an average Coachella. but it's a filthy place.

faxman75
01-07-2010, 02:52 PM
and their Festival Outlook section is one that others would taste their own semen to be apart of or have thought of. they really should trademark that section.

Why? It's an incomplete list. It's missing tons of major European festivals like Rock en Seine and Main Street Fest in France as two examples.

As many have said they basically lift a good portion of the rumors for these festivals from other festival message boards. Do you really think they should be patted on the back for being able to compile an incomplete list of fests and adding rumored acts from wish lists on other message boards?

I"ll await some inane insult. The floor is yours shygal. We'll also wait for you to compile your response.

Monklish
01-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Yeah, why doesn't their list include every single festival on the face of the fucking Earth, huh?

You get dumber with every day.

faxman75
01-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah, why doesn't their list include every single festival on the face of the fucking Earth, huh?

You get dumber with every day.

If they are going to have a European festival section and it's going to get praised, it should at least be a complete list. These aren't tiny festivals that no one has ever heard of, they are pretty major.

Man you are an ass.

Monklish
01-07-2010, 02:56 PM
I've never heard of Main Street Fest whatsoever, and Rock En Seine gets a ridiculously passing mention here once a year. It's an English language website you stupid shitbag.

justinaqui
01-07-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't read the blog or have an opinion either way, but you can't call someone's insults "inane" then bring the heat with "shygal".

Monklish
01-07-2010, 02:59 PM
No no, you're right Faxy. They only cover seventy Euro festivals. What a bunch of short-changing pricks.

faxman75
01-07-2010, 02:59 PM
I've never heard of Main Street Fest whatsoever, and Rock En Seine gets a ridiculously passing mention here once a year. It's an English language website you stupid shitbag.

Listen you fucking midget. What the fuck does it matter what language the website is in? It has a European Festival section. Rock En Seine draws as many people as Coachella. They have much tinier festivals listed, so why the omission?

It's such a great and brilliant part of the COS site it should be copyrighted.

faxman75
01-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't read the blog or have an opinion either way, but you can't call someone's insults "inane" then bring the heat with "shygal".

That's not an insult. He prefers to be called that.

Monklish
01-07-2010, 03:02 PM
And the capacity of Rock En Seine is half of Coachella, dumb fuck. Jesus Christ, don't you check anything before you blab your fat fucking mouth off?

psycobetabuckdown
01-07-2010, 03:07 PM
CoS has grammatical errors on their website all the time.

Yeah this bothers the crap out of me. One article had the phrase "if this comes to frustration" (instead of fruition) and one article today said "wet your appetite."

The worst part about it is Alex Young is responsible for most of the glaring spelling mistakes.

However, it's a great blog and they should pay me to copy edit the site.

faxman75
01-07-2010, 03:07 PM
You're right Randy. It's a tiny fest no one has ever heard of that is in Europe so it shouldn't be part of their European Festivals section.

shotglass75
01-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Brooklyn Vegan all the way

liquidsnake28
01-07-2010, 03:13 PM
This is attributable to the fact that people are stupid.

I have been to Bonnaroo, and it was fine. It was good. Musically, it was roughly on a par with an average Coachella. but it's a filthy place.

Yes it is indeed in Tennessee on a farm in the middle of nowhere ... what in the hell did you expect?

york707
01-07-2010, 03:16 PM
What the fuck is Consequence of Sound?

guedita
01-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Yeah this bothers the crap out of me. One article had the phrase "if this comes to frustration" (instead of fruition) and one article today said "wet your appetite."

The worst part about it is Alex Young is responsible for most of the glaring spelling mistakes.

One sentence that bothers me to this day read, "Our opinions our just that."

psycobetabuckdown
01-07-2010, 03:18 PM
I guess you don't follow the Confirmed Artists thread. It's a well-known music blog and they cover festivals pretty well, including ours.

psycobetabuckdown
01-07-2010, 03:18 PM
One sentence that bothers me to this day read, "Our opinions our just that."

grrrrrrrrrr

york707
01-07-2010, 03:21 PM
I guess you don't follow the Confirmed Artists thread. It's a well-known music blog and they cover festivals pretty well, including ours.

I read the first post only. The rest is retardedry.

J~$$$$
01-07-2010, 03:38 PM
What the fuck is Consequence of Sound?

A terrible blog.

york707
01-07-2010, 03:46 PM
I gathered as much. Which is why I didn't bother looking it up myself.

ShyGuy75
01-18-2010, 08:29 AM
why am i not surprised that COS broke this news about the lineup?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/01/15/coachella-2010-lineup-due-out-tuesday-heres-what-we-know/#comment-74940

scoop49er
01-18-2010, 08:48 AM
COS is getting more respect each year... at first they were just starting out and even asked me to put their link on the big rumor list we had going in 08 and 09.

they have gotten bigger and do a real good job with all music news.....

they do a solid job with festival info and the recent interview with the roo founder was a home run...

they do a really good job

TomAz
01-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Muse + Jay Z + Gorillaz = worst headliners ever. good thing i don't go for the headliners.

scoop49er
01-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Hear that COS staff? ShyGuy wants to taste your semen.

good one!!

scoop49er
01-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Muse + Jay Z + Gorillaz = worst headliners ever. good thing i don't go for the headliners.

agree.. sub headliners looking good though

J~$$$$
01-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Its the ugliest piece of shit ever made. Twitter feeds! good job CoS.

microcuts
01-18-2010, 09:50 AM

Good thing probably only one of those bands is actually going to be headlining.

suprefan
01-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Good thing probably only one of those bands is actually going to be headlining.

Get ready to eat your words tonight.

ShyGuy75
01-18-2010, 10:22 AM

budgetchella

BlackSwan
01-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Besides Muse, I like the headliners. I would never pay to see Jay-Z, but if there isn't anything better happening, I will be watching his set.

OutOfmYminD
01-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Looks like there's a little pent up anxiety over the upcoming announcement being released in this thread.

Hannahrain
01-18-2010, 10:37 AM
What if one of these days your heart will just stop ticking and they sorta just don't find you 'til your cubicle is reeking? The consequence of sound. The consonants and vowels.

OutOfmYminD
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Deep.

faxman75
01-18-2010, 10:47 AM
they have gotten bigger and do a real good job with all music news.....

they do a solid job with festival info

they do a really good job

Good job.

Hannahrain
01-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Deep.

Got a soundtrack in my mind all the time. Kids screaming from too much beat-up and they don't even rhyme, they just stand there on the street corner, skin tucked in and meat-side-out and shoutin' and I'd like to turn them down, but there ain't no knob.

DJdharma
01-18-2010, 11:08 AM

Agreed.

CoS referred to Gorillaz as "THE Gorillaz".
http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/0...#comment-74940

betao
01-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Get ready to eat your words tonight.

you owe me a PM suprecheeks.

york707
01-18-2010, 11:31 AM
why am i not surprised that COS broke this news about the lineup?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/01/15/coachella-2010-lineup-due-out-tuesday-heres-what-we-know/#comment-74940

What news did they break?

ShyGuy75
01-18-2010, 02:35 PM
york, i see what you are trying to do and will ask you to please stop.

TommyboyUNM
01-18-2010, 02:40 PM
What will you geeks have to say about the evil Consequence of Sound after Jay-Z is announced as a headliner? Considering they just made up that rumor out of thin air and all.

york707
01-18-2010, 02:46 PM
I am honestly curious. Where is there new info? Maybe I don't understand what you were getting at.

faxman75
02-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Fuckin' hipsters and their damn hipster festival....

from COS.

Just in case you want to check out that Faith No More reunion but don’t feel like standing in a desert with a bunch of hipsters (remember… no single day tickets!), do not fret. Mike Patton’s crew has announced two more U.S. performances, both set to take place at The Warfield in San Francisco. April 13th and 14th are the days; tickets can be acquired here, starting Sunday, Feb. 7th.

psycobetabuckdown
02-05-2010, 02:03 PM
:nono

Not...a big...deal.

vinylmartyr
02-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Dear COS,

Coachella is not a single day festival. Thus no single day tickets.

Signed,
One of the Hipsters who will be standing in the desert watching Pavements 1st live show in over 10 years.

psycobetabuckdown
02-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Dear COS,

Coachella is not a single day festival. Thus no single day tickets.

Signed,
One of the Hipsters who will be standing in the desert watching Pavements 1st live show in over 10 years.

Dear vinylmartyr, that's exactly what the article was pointing out.

Signed,
Critical Reader

Ardentbiscuit
04-22-2010, 06:58 AM
So what did everyone think of their article?

Here's an excerpt.

Coachella 2010: CoS Strikes Back

By CoS Staff on April 20th, 2010 in CoS Exclusive Features, Festival Coverage, Festival Reviews, Hot

The only thing I love more than actually going to Coachella is reading the everlasting banter on various blogs that precedes the festival itself. I will say that the Coachella crowd (on the web) is one of the most condescending, self-righteous and very hateful groups of people I have ever seen making fun of each other anonymously. That is to say anybody going to Coachella understands that this festival is the cream of the crop, offering the finest in mainstream and underground music, so needless to say all the die-hards have every right to expect a lot, but the fact that everybody has to be so mean about it is slightly ridiculous. Therefore, I scour the message boards for hours for a few laughs in between cranking out essays for school.

However, one quote stuck out at me while being a dork this year that truly captivated what this festival is all about. When people were all bickering over whether or not Jay-Z would be the third headliner (which he inevitably was), somebody stated something along the lines of, “Why would Goldenvoice get three contemporary headliners? They’ve never done this before.” Well, I wouldn’t necessarily say that, but Coachella was always known for having at least one headliner who had been around for awhile, but the reason this festival stands alone is because of the fact the bands on the bill are of such a high magnitude.

2010 marks the first true hip-hop headliner with Jay-Z, arguably one of the best rappers of our generation. Finally, Muse was called to the Polo Fields, after years and years of internet fans obsessing over the fact that the band needed to return with a higher spot on the bill. And the Gorillaz finally decided to make an appearance, which is something they rarely do anywhere, let alone at Coachella. Plus, they have written three of the best records in our time. Not to mention an amazing plethora of classic rock artists (Faith No More, Sly Stone, PiL, Echo and the Bunnymen) DJs (Deadmau5, Tiesto, Infected Mushroom), unique spectacles (Pavement, the Specials, Devo, and the USC marching band alongside Coheed & Cambria), the best in modern electo-pop (MGMT, Phoenix, Passion Pit) and finally one of the guys from Radiohead came back (Thom Yorke and his new band, Atoms for Peace). If this festival is too contemporary for people, they are clearly uninformed or misunderstand the definition of the word. This festival isn’t for contemporary music fans, it’s for people who love music. -Ted Maider

Full article is here:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/04/20/coachella-2010-cos-strikes-back/

J~$$$$
04-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Its garbage and spam. Delete.

betao
04-22-2010, 07:59 AM
I stopped reading when they word for word called Tiesto the "king of DJs".

Dear CoS,

Get a writer or two that actually knows something about EDM.

Sincerely,

internet dude.

thestripe
04-22-2010, 08:04 AM
The roof of the Coachella stage caught fire???? Fucking Madhouse.

menikmati
04-22-2010, 08:10 AM
That's considered an article?

suprefan
04-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Oh the ''story'' with bad writing and even worse photos?