PDA

View Full Version : underage questions

ogatylor
01-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Me, my best friend, and a few others are planning coachella and a few other Cali things for our senior trip. Only problem is, my best friends the only one whos not 18:( id feel terrible going on our trip without him, seeing as though he would have to go on his trip somewhere by himself pretty much. He has his older brothers ID which looks pretty much just like him, and if he grew his hair out it would be identical. BUT the ID say hes 6'3 and my friend definitely isn't 6'3. Id say maybe 5'11. Do you think he would be able to get in? The way i see it, theirs so many people coming in, wouldnt they check the name on the ticket, the picture, and let you on your way?

Ive talked to my parents and they said he should be fine but i just wanted a experienced opinion. no need for smart ass underage comments and how "he should stay home if hes not old enough". pedo bears okay though^___^

JustSteve
01-06-2010, 04:41 PM
camp offsite. don't bring someone underage into onsite camping where if something goes wrong it could affect the festival in future years.

ogatylor
01-06-2010, 10:48 PM
okay and drugs and alcohol obviously aren't allowed. I'm sure people have been caught before correct? has that drastically "affected" the festival for future years? i mean im sure it has, but its still going on correct?
a yes or no answer would be greatly appreciated, somthing to help me out?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Sneak it in bro, its not hard, trust

frazzles
01-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Look, the easiest answer to all this question is this:

DON'T BE FUCKING STUPID

With that, I never got my ID checked once at anytime during at camp. Never. Could that because the person I dealt with was incompetent? Maybe. I didn't really notice anyone else getting checked, but really wasn't looking past the 20 seconds it took to get my wristband.

You're taking a gamble here, but camping is all types of wonky this year anyways so new rules will apply, anyways.

ogatylor
01-06-2010, 10:56 PM
lol im not talking about the drugs, just trying to make a point, read my original post pal:)

ogatylor
01-06-2010, 11:05 PM
im not worried about getting checked while in the venue, just the initial check in, based on what i told you do you think he'll be okay?
and were not a bunch of hooligans lol we dont intend on causing any trouble at all, just enjoy the music

sleepybrew
01-06-2010, 11:07 PM
your friend should be fine. again, just dont do anything incredibly stupid or drawn unnecessary attention and you'll be fine. come join the party!

ogatylor
01-06-2010, 11:10 PM
thank you sir!

Stefachink
01-08-2010, 10:15 AM
You are very enthusiastic my friend. Your under-aged friend is pretty much in the same boat as I am in .. except I don't really wanna camp because I don't think my skin can take that much sun exposure but anyway, I would go for it if I were you. It's not like your whole group is under-aged; it's just one person.

guedita
01-08-2010, 10:26 AM
My only suggestion would be that if you are all 18, and the ID he is using is significantly older, that he goes in separately than your group. And if he's concerned about the height (which doesn't sound too bad), have him wear sneakers or shoes with beefy soles.

bobert
01-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Unless your friend looks like he's 10 years old he's in. Well, provided that puts lifts in his shoes or wears some hiking boots with beefy souls as was suggested earlier - that kind of goes without saying. The rest of you should all slouch a little bit while he's getting IDd, just so that he looks proportionally taller.

caco0283
01-08-2010, 11:26 AM
my favorite thread!!!

MassonaBlackEyes
01-08-2010, 12:36 PM
if your friend doesnt have a place to stay by then

ive got a pretty sweet van

and candy :D

RooTeefy
01-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Your friend should also consider wearing a pair of these.

http://blog.mrseb.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/nose-moustache-glasses1.jpg

scoop49er
01-08-2010, 05:05 PM
dont fuck it up and take a chance... camp at one of the local campground sites and you will be just fine..... shadowhills is pretty good from what ive heard.....

gaypalmsprings
01-08-2010, 05:11 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ivpn7lWFNEw/SDb5nAqYPbI/AAAAAAAAA4w/PVUN8a4cyLM/s400/pedo-bear-too-old.jpg

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-08-2010, 06:08 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/ae0iep.gif

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-08-2010, 06:46 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/124bpc2.jpg

stinkbutt
01-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Has anyone actually been ID'd upon entry? I have been going since 06 and I have never been ID'd outside getting a wristband to drink.

sleepybrew
01-09-2010, 12:39 AM
never been id'd aside from booze areas

EastLos01
01-09-2010, 01:20 AM
He could try to grow his hair out if he wants, but people cut their hair all the time. If you all think it would make him look older then go for it. Aside from that, I don't know anyone that looks exactly like the day they took their ID picture. Just be sure to have plan B in case he isn't able to get in. It would suck for you all to be there, then have to leave. And if he doesn't have a growth spurt in the next couple of months, just have him wear doc martins, or some kind of shoe that will give him an extra inch or so, and play it all suave to the security gaurd and tell him that it was wishful thinking. I don't know of anyone who's stats are dead on either.

gaypalmsprings
01-09-2010, 05:24 AM
I was ID'd to see if I got the senior discount.

lookitsevan
01-19-2010, 04:24 PM
yeah my situation is kinda the same but i turn 18 like 3 weeks after coachella could there be a problem of me camping with some friends they're 18

zajaa
01-19-2010, 04:28 PM
fyi no one in california calls california "cali". we call it california.

canexplain
01-19-2010, 04:51 PM

Not true and we for sure don't want to get into the San Fran discussion. cr****

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-19-2010, 05:42 PM

what are you talking about?

Ive lived in CALI all my life, and call it CALI frequently

dont make assumptions, and I really mean that; morons shouldnt be spreading their ideas at all.

El.C.Dub
01-19-2010, 05:46 PM
dont make assumptions, and I really mean that; morons shouldnt be spreading their ideas at all.

you should take your own advice.

trentmorrison
01-19-2010, 05:51 PM
if only there is a way to measure people by maturity and not age...cause friday, a lot of immature people will be there for Jay Z

bobert
01-19-2010, 05:54 PM
At least he doesn't "lip sing," huh Trent. Although with those lips he'd probably do a bang up job, am I right?

patricksw
01-19-2010, 05:57 PM
you should take your own advice.

This+1

patricksw
01-19-2010, 05:58 PM
if only there is a way to measure people by maturity and not age...cause friday, a lot of immature people will be there for Jay Z

OMG>>> I will be one of them!

phonographer
01-19-2010, 06:21 PM
hehehe I'll be following this thread. I have an <18 friend who I'd like to bring along.

jaysocal
01-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Just for all of our sake...if you decide to have sex with someone, would you please let them know that you are not 18...would suck for anyone at Coachie have to register as a sex offender...lol....

Actually...now that I think about it...I bet there are a ton of peeps walking around out there with cool ankle bracelets that beep and have flashy lights on them...

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-19-2010, 07:27 PM
This+1

lol ya, and coming from you, that means oh so much

:lool

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-19-2010, 07:27 PM
OMG>>> I will be one of them!

ya we all know that, bud :rolleyes

frazzles
01-19-2010, 07:41 PM

I want to believe you're not this insipid, so I'll just say that this logic is inherently inane as fuck.

BROKENDOLL
01-19-2010, 07:44 PM
This has nothing to do with Jay-Z, but pretty much works for me...If I were measured by maturity instead of age, I'd get to start the whole party over again! Hellooo!:dumbo

Just for all of our sake...if you decide to have sex with someone, would you please let them know that you are not 18...would suck for anyone at Coachie have to register as a sex offender...lol....

Actually...now that I think about it...I bet there are a ton of peeps walking around out there with cool ankle bracelets that beep and have flashy lights on them...
Beep and flashy lights...Pfft! I'm ready to order my El-Wire already! And our tent??? Yeah. I can't hardly friggin' wait! BTW,,,you wouldn't happen to know a good place for those flashing bracelets, would you?:dumbo

ogatylor
01-19-2010, 08:18 PM

lol sorry i called it "cali". its the intenet, get the sand out of your vagina:3