PDA

View Full Version : single day goer, camping question

daftpunk
01-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Simple question:

If I'm going to Coachella for a single day, is it still possible to camp in the car/tent grounds and leave the next morning? the layaway announcement said that everyone in the car just needed a festival ticket, but I wasn't sure if you needed tickets for both days or possibly a 3-day festival pass. can anyone clarify?

thanks.

lowfront
01-06-2010, 10:37 AM
the lineup isn't announced yet....

what day you going on?

daftpunk
01-06-2010, 10:39 AM
i know the lineup hasn't been announced yet. i plan on buying just the ticket for the single day that appeals to me the most. i've done this every other year, but I've never camped before. don't know what day that will be yet. but anyway, you think i can camp even for a single day attendance?

lowfront
01-06-2010, 10:47 AM
ya but your gonna need a camping pass

daftpunk
01-06-2010, 10:50 AM
obviously. the car/tent pass is just 55 bucks. that covers for the entire 3 days, right?

emtgreg
01-06-2010, 10:56 AM
IF they offer single day passes.

daftpunk
01-06-2010, 11:01 AM
...they always offers single day passes.

JustSteve
01-06-2010, 11:04 AM
going to coachella for one day is like sticking your dick in, pulling it right out, and leaving.

daftpunk
01-06-2010, 11:07 AM
lol

frazzles
01-06-2010, 11:07 AM
The answer to this question is an obvious yes.

You could buy a camping pass and not go in all weekend for all anyone really gives a shit.

EDIT: I say this because they don't check for actual tickets at camping. May be different this year, but somewhat doubtful.

daftpunk
01-06-2010, 11:08 AM
haha, thanks frazzles.

emtgreg
01-06-2010, 11:09 AM
if you are going for one day, why camp? just use day parking

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-06-2010, 11:31 AM
why the fark would anyone go for just one day?

BROKENDOLL
01-06-2010, 12:02 PM

Well, based upon Steve's theory, maybe it's all he's good for? I don't know. I just want his board name! I mean, who only goes for 1 day every year and manages to get "daftpunk" for their board name. This month, no less!

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
01-06-2010, 12:12 PM
going to coachella for one day is like sticking your dick in, pulling it right out, and leaving.

but if you cum anyway it's still satisfying

Cheddar's Cousin
01-06-2010, 12:16 PM

Yep...you can still get the AIDZ!

daftpunk
01-06-2010, 12:50 PM
lol i wont be attending for one day, but i do know people who will. i ask on their behalf because they wanted to camp together

daftpunk
01-06-2010, 12:51 PM
but if you cum anyway it's still satisfying

hahaha...this is true.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-06-2010, 12:52 PM

lolz !!!! u couldn't have said it better

BROKENDOLL
01-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Wait. If you're camping, Coachella is one day! One glorious 72 hour day, am I right?

daftpunk
01-06-2010, 01:07 PM
for me it is

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-06-2010, 01:18 PM
lol i wont be attending for one day, but i do know people who will. i ask on their behalf because they wanted to camp together

i know the lineup hasn't been announced yet. i plan on buying just the ticket for the single day that appeals to me the most. i've done this every other year, but I've never camped before. don't know what day that will be yet. but anyway, you think i can camp even for a single day attendance?

What's it like having "friends" inside your head?

bobert
01-06-2010, 01:23 PM
More to the point, how the fuck did you get such an awesome and original username this late in the game? You should consider camping with the following board members:

Daft Fro
Daft Punker
daft$tar
daft5656
daftbird
daftbordello82
daftfan
DaftFuck
daftmonkey64
DaftPage
DaftPunk10
DaftPunkRocks7
daftpunkrules
daftsquirrel
daftstan
daftstar
daftwerk

Daft Punk
01-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Hey guys, look what I JUST created.

bobert
01-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Oooh, the mother lode. Capital letters and a space between the two words. Careful you don't get sued.

daftpunk
01-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Hey guys, look what I JUST created.

lol

psycobetabuckdown
01-06-2010, 02:35 PM
More to the point, how the fuck did you get such an awesome and original username this late in the game? You should consider camping with the following board members:

Daft Fro
Daft Punker
daft$tar
daft5656
daftbird
daftbordello82
daftfan
DaftFuck
daftmonkey64
DaftPage
DaftPunk10
DaftPunkRocks7
daftpunkrules
daftsquirrel
daftstan
daftstar
daftwerk

The only reason I opened the thread was to ask this question. I'm shocked as well.

Have you checked if anyone has taken Kraft Punk?

blackchango
01-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Or daft tron

frazzles
01-06-2010, 03:52 PM
If I was able to steal Daft Punk, anything is fairly possible.

emtgreg
01-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Same reason the Radiohead username wasn't taken until December of 09...

Coachella Bound
01-06-2010, 05:23 PM

i did in 07... it was my first year and i vowed from that day forward i would go every year and every day from that point on.

How someones managed to just go one day on multiple years is beyond me.

amdux
01-06-2010, 11:23 PM
if you do go just the one day, bring in anything you can in the camp site, share it all with anyone who happens to walk by (and i mean ANYONE AND ANYTHING) and that way if some authority figure says "hey buddy, you can't bring that in here, and/or you can't share that with that guy/gal - you're gonna have to leave" - you can reply "that's ok guy/gal - i was just leaving anyway" - then you sleep on the way home in the car you were gonna sleep in anyway -

thus, you enjoy the music during the day, and everyone else and your ride during the night and early morning - and on the monday morning boards after, a thread will start talking about Santa Coachella, who only showed up for one night, but brought all sorts of goodies for anyone (and i do mean GOODIES FOR ANYONE), thereby enhancing their weekend too and bring smiles to the weefolk who camp/park in the polo grounds -

then the next year, when you come back for just one night again, the camp grounds will sell out all three nights from people with long wish lists hoping to catch you on the right night (it'll be like the lottery!) and hoping to get their share of anything (and i do mean ANYTHING) from the notorious Santa Coachella -

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-06-2010, 11:39 PM
if you do go just the one day, bring in anything you can in the camp site, share it all with anyone who happens to walk by (and i mean ANYONE AND ANYTHING) and that way if some authority figure says "hey buddy, you can't bring that in here, and/or you can't share that with that guy/gal - you're gonna have to leave" - you can reply "that's ok guy/gal - i was just leaving anyway" - then you sleep on the way home in the car you were gonna sleep in anyway -

thus, you enjoy the music during the day, and everyone else and your ride during the night and early morning - and on the monday morning boards after, a thread will start talking about Santa Coachella, who only showed up for one night, but brought all sorts of goodies for anyone (and i do mean GOODIES FOR ANYONE), thereby enhancing their weekend too and bring smiles to the weefolk who camp/park in the polo grounds -

then the next year, when you come back for just one night again, the camp grounds will sell out all three nights from people with long wish lists hoping to catch you on the right night (it'll be like the lottery!) and hoping to get their share of anything (and i do mean ANYTHING) from the notorious Santa Coachella -

periods, learn to use them.

Coachella Bound
01-07-2010, 08:54 AM

aside from the periods thing, i like it.

Mickjagger00
01-07-2010, 05:26 PM

LOL