PDA

View Full Version : Questions you've probably answered 20 times, SORRY.

SorryImANoob
01-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Okay so first time going to Coachella, and I have some questions. Sorry if you've answered them before.

- As a pretty small girl is it hard to hold your own with so many people? Would you say it's dangerous at all?
- Is it hard to get into the free showers and are they gross?
- How thoroughly do they actually search you? Do they get upset if the partying gets too crazy?
- Any other things a total Coachella noob would need to know?

I'm driving like 2,000 miles for this and I really don't want to fuck it up

MantisMel
01-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Im sure if you are willing to drive 2000 miles for the most awesome festival on the planet then you should be fine holding your own. Be nice, smile, help others and good Coachella Karma will freely flow your way.

Showers are pretty well maintained and clean. Porto Potties...... Different story...

Searching is hit or miss. Im able to bring in a lot of crap every year. Thats how I save money from not spending it all in the beer garden.... Be clever...

Partying is what Coachella is. You drove so many miles, spent so much money and are dedicating an X amount of time. Do it up right! No one will be mad at'cha!

Oh yeah... Party till the wheels fall off, plan your band schedual accordingly, you dont need to do/see everything your friends do. Its your Coachella too ya know. There's always a place to meet up if you go yer seperate ways.

hope any of these words of wisdom helped a lil.

SorryImANoob
01-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Ah, thanks. Anything you would suggest bringing that i probably wouldn't think of?

GrossMagic
01-05-2010, 12:35 AM
Ah, thanks. Anything you would suggest bringing that i probably wouldn't think of?

http://www.gizmodiva.com/entry_images/1109/24/WineRack_Bra.jpg

SorryImANoob
01-05-2010, 12:40 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks pal

MantisMel
01-05-2010, 12:46 AM
That might werk!

Food for thought...

Security does not have the authority to put their hands all up in your shit. If they see a sweater, blanket, towel, shirt, etc. sitting on top of all you crap in your bag they will ask you to pull out whatever is obstructing their view of the rest of the bag. Thats where the discretely hidden whatever is (wrapped in your shirt, towel... blah... blah... blah).

Get it?

captncrzy
01-05-2010, 08:05 AM
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-3/you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

im so indie
01-06-2010, 03:44 AM
Tips:

Take advantage of the water program (buy a bottle, then refill for free)
Lockers come in handy, really worth it
Search is fairly basic, nothing to be scared of as long as you're kind of clever
Camping is way cheaper than a hotel and is more fun
Shower are clean, lines get long. Can shower early or at night if you want.
Food's pretty good, pretty diverse
It can get real hot, so be prepared
It can also get a little chilly, I usually keep warm clothes in locker
If you're short, it'll be hard to see any stage very well. Either get really close or stand far back. Main stage doesn't really matter where you are, big screens and great sound everywhere.
Get wet in the Do Lab whenever you pass by
If you do drugs, make sure you bring enough
If camping, bring stuff to munch on in the mornings (granola bars, jerky, pop tarts, chips, cereal, whatever). They sell some food at camp for real meals though.
When you dance, try to look cool

fergie
01-06-2010, 11:16 AM
I've never had a problem. I go it alone. The showers are clean and maintained. Bring lots of paper towels for the porta potties! Yuk! and bring lots of handiwipes. About being searched by security, yes, they are thorough.

Can't Wait!! Cya there!

Cheddar's Cousin
01-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Just read this, you should be fine.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w49/jarnagan80/Army/cavity.jpg

paulthomasanderson
01-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Tips:
When you dance, try to look cool

Or dance without a care in the world.

seanyb
01-06-2010, 06:22 PM
what would happen if you get caught with a bottle of alcohol on you? would they just take it off you?

portisheadgrl88
01-06-2010, 06:43 PM
they'll spill it out on the grass and then throw the container away.. i've seen it happen so many times...

seanyb
01-06-2010, 06:46 PM
oh right, that's ok then
thought they might kick you out or something

portisheadgrl88
01-06-2010, 06:49 PM
no thats if you try to crash they'll definately kick your ass out..seen that happen too not too cool

psychic friend
01-06-2010, 07:17 PM
i opened this thread just to scroll through really fast to see if anyone had posted the Rape thing. you guys are so predictable. lol

Cpt. Funkaho
01-06-2010, 07:24 PM
i opened this thread just to scroll through really fast to see if anyone had posted the Rape thing. you guys are so predictable. lol

I maintain that its best and most appropriate use ever was in that thread where the two frat boys from LA were coming in an RV and said they wanted someone to come with "to share gas money," and that it had to be a girl.

I loved that thread so much.

canexplain
01-06-2010, 07:40 PM
You asked some legit questions but does the board really think there are any dangerous festivals? I suppose you could say Sturgis but that isn't a festival. Some of the european fests seem to get out of hand. Just wondering. You will be fine at Coachella IMO ..... cr****

lindysindie
01-06-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm also a small girl and this will be my fourth year. There are not a bunch of assholes who will give you a hard time there and if there is an occasional one, most people there will help you out if you ask. Visibility does suck sometimes so I usually opt for being further away from the stage with some space rather then staring at backs the whole time. As for what you should bring...

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17537&highlight=bring

This is a really helpful place to find out.

And... read the faqs and rules really well once they get posted for this year. Just about everything you need to know will be there.

MusicBliss
01-06-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm a petite gal myself, I too will be driving over 2000 miles to the BEST Music Art Festival in the World "Coachella 2010". I flew into Ontario,Ca last year and camped out, The showers and the facilities were clean. Loved the fact that they always have special events after hours or early hours for campers. The Dome parties for campers are FUN!! Everyone at Coachella just want to have a Great Time and we DO!! So Chill out and enjoy the Ride.

york707
01-14-2010, 04:01 PM
The only other things a total Coachella noob would need to know is that they search pretty small girls in the free showers. And you probably won't be holding your own while you're in there. Can I get a what what?

amyzzz
01-14-2010, 04:20 PM
I maintain that its best and most appropriate use ever was in that thread where the two frat boys from LA were coming in an RV and said they wanted someone to come with "to share gas money," and that it had to be a girl.

I loved that thread so much.
HAHAHA that was a great thread.

masterwilkins
01-17-2010, 11:47 AM
- How thoroughly do they actually search you? Do they get upset if the partying gets too crazy?

I'm a first timer as well. yeah I'm kind of thinking it won't be too bad. Of course, my only reference is a Ziggy Marley concert and they didn't do any search whatsoever. The air was pretty thick and extended out to the parking lot. Yet security was everywhere. Not sure if they let it go because they just gave up but I hope that it's because as long as you're not destructive they'd be ok with you enjoying yourself however you like.