PDA

View Full Version : John Maus Adoration Thread

Raptor Clinton
12-20-2009, 12:36 AM
There wasn't a thread I could scare up that was dedicated to John Maus, and most fellow John Maus fans that I've met are really big fans (as am I), so I thought I'd bring the people together to talk about the polarizing Maniac (capital "M") that is John Maus.

Also, does anyone have any of his early demos? I heard that you can just send him a letter or email and he'll send them to you.

wmgaretjax
12-20-2009, 02:15 AM
I'm a fucking fanatical fan. I have both his UtR records and I think I have a few of the early demos on my computer (a good chunk of which ended up on Songs in a more polished form). Songs is in my top 10 for the decade. Seriously love the guy.

Raptor Clinton
12-20-2009, 09:13 AM
"Love is Real" definitely has this subtlety that's hard to match, and is a bunch of great songs. However, nothing beats the intensity of "Songs". I'm with you. Probably on my top ten for the decade. Have you seen him live? I'm waiting for him to tour the states again. I just missed him open for Chairlift.

wmgaretjax
12-20-2009, 12:52 PM
No dammit... I haven't. I would love to.

Raptor Clinton
12-20-2009, 01:38 PM
John Maus for 2010. God's will be done.

Too bad nobody seems to know who he is.

Raptor Clinton
02-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Jax, or whatever the proper diminutive form of your screen name is, how are those demos sounding?