PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blue

thinnerair
02-20-2007, 05:26 AM
I happened to be at JFK in New York on wednesday when some of this insanity went down. There were about 6 flights cancelled and fortunately, my flight out to Oakland was the only one that actually ended up going out, even though my flight was delayed like 4 hours without any notice. A flight to Aruba sat on the runway for 10 hours with passengers unaware of what was going on, until one of these passengers called Fox News and informed them of their situation. Granted, weather is to blame for a lot of what has been going on with JetBlue, but the company really sucked over the last few days.

Jet Blue's CEO released this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r_PIg7EAUw) video regarding the insanity and jetBlue's constant dropping of the ball over the last few days.

I really think it's a great move on his part and shows that he accepts fault to the public after cancelling so many flights and just screwing up left n right. They have always been a good company (with the exception of selling customer information to a security contractor a few years ago) and they are supposed to be announcing more changes later on today, regarding how they are going to be running their organization.

Nice work, JetBlue.

TomAz
02-20-2007, 06:22 AM
An even better move on his part would have been to have cause that major fuckup in the first place. Come on people, 11 hours on the tarmac? they're lucky no one was killed.

thinnerair
02-20-2007, 07:01 AM
there was some craziness when the people got off the plane, which I can understand. I mean, being all psyched to head to Aruba on a very snowy day only to sit on a plane for 10 hours and then get pulled off for a few hours. They rushed the customer service desk, which was crammed with people from other cancelled flights and demanded to be served before anyone else. They were totally rude and inconsiderate of everyone else that had been sitting around waiting to find out what was going on with their flight.

Granted, JetBlue was unprepared for shitty weather conditions and were understaffed. These things happen. Its fuckin' winter in New York and people are flying during the only snowstorm to hit during the winter. I have a friend who works at JFK doing plumbing and maintenance. He said that the runways were freezing all over. They d apply de-icer to them, and it would freeze all over again. The planes had to be de-iced since most would be flying through ice storms, and the planes weren't reacting properly to this process.
I mean, thats just one airport and Im sure the rest of the airports' crap response was largely due to bad leadership.

I just think its kinda cool that we put himself out there and say 'my bad' to his customers and seem genuine in wanting to resolve these issues.

TomAz
02-20-2007, 07:04 AM
all the other airlines were affected by the exact same weather that day. Why didn't this happen to Delta (for example)?

thinnerair
02-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Did Delta cancel alot of their flights on the day of the storms?

We know that JetBlue hasn't been around all that long. Maybe seven years? Delta has been around way longer and has experienced this sort of issue and learned from it in its past.
I also think that Delta as a larger airline has the resources to bounce back from a few shitty calls coming in from the FAR and safety advisories. Its easier to cancel a flight and then schedule a new one right away.
People had flights cancelled on wednesday and were unable to re-book until saturday, largely due to the insane numbers of standby customers now waiting for new flights due to a few cancellations.

My main beef isn't that JetBlue is getting a shitty deal. They fucked up. Majorly. I think it's cool that this dude put himself out there

Yablonowitz
02-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Sometimes, I picture tomaz on a rickshaw complaining to his underlings, "If only these people would get their shit together, they truly would understand the power of the free market economy."

Sometimes.

Other times, I see him stomping around the Polo grounds.

thinnerair
02-20-2007, 07:34 AM
http://www.yican.com.au/1935/images/rickshaw.jpg

jackstraw94086
02-20-2007, 07:48 AM
relatively few of JetBlue's recent delays and cancellations have been due to actual weather constraints. Most recently it's because they stretched themselves too thin trying desperately to juggle their flights and flight crews during the worst of the weather. They were trying to be the heroes while the big airlines just screwed people over. The result was that their active flight crews in places where they could actually take off wound up with too many hours and JetBlue had no choice but to ground them. It's the mark of an inexperienced airline. They'll not likely make that mistake again.

TomAz
02-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Sometimes, I picture tomaz on a rickshaw complaining to his underlings, "If only these people would get their shit together, they truly would understand the power of the free market economy."

Sometimes.

Other times, I see him stomping around the Polo grounds.

Yablo, if only you could get your shit together..

hey somebody photoshop that pic with my face in the rickshaw and yablo pulling it. yeah. i'll buy you a beer if you do it.

thinnerair
02-20-2007, 03:03 PM
relatively few of JetBlue's recent delays and cancellations have been due to actual weather constraints. Most recently it's because they stretched themselves too thin trying desperately to juggle their flights and flight crews during the worst of the weather. They were trying to be the heroes while the big airlines just screwed people over. The result was that their active flight crews in places where they could actually take off wound up with too many hours and JetBlue had no choice but to ground them. It's the mark of an inexperienced airline. They'll not likely make that mistake again.

Dont tell me how to feel, Jack.
I lived it!

jackstraw94086
02-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Dont tell me how to feel, Jack.
I lived it!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/jackstraw94086/rummy.jpg

kimery08
02-20-2007, 03:13 PM
in a nutsack...

thinnerair
02-20-2007, 03:14 PM