PDA

View Full Version : RATM vs Simon Cowell/The X-Factor

Mr.Nipples
12-18-2009, 03:09 PM
hilarious...

suprefan
12-18-2009, 03:27 PM
took you this long to even bother? And you forgot the audio, david.

NzHWMXbPwkY

paulb
12-18-2009, 03:58 PM
RATM....all in the same room, still!? I think we need more tour dates....NOW!

paulb
12-18-2009, 04:05 PM
wow....fuck you I wont do what you tell me...that was awesome!

rage patton
12-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Haaaah. They really expected Rage to NOT say the "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" part?

juloxx
12-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Rage. Despite what haters may say, Rage never sold out.

When they stopped making music it was a blessing disguised as a curse. As much as I would love to hear new music by them, I dont know if it would be for the better.

paulthomasanderson
12-19-2009, 01:42 PM
It's getting personal now:

X-Factor winner Joe McElderry has branded Rage Against The Machine's 'Killing In The Name' "dreadful" after finally hearing his chart nemesis.

"They can't be serious!" he said. "I had no idea what it sounded like. It's dreadful and I hate it. How could anyone enjoy this? Can you imagine the grandmas hearing this over Christmas lunch? I wouldn't buy it. It's a nought out of ten from me. Simon Cowell wouldn't like it. They wouldn't get through to boot camp on The X Factor - they're just shouting."

Guitarist Tom Morello wrote on Twitter: “NEWS FLASH: RAGE ANNOUNCE THEY WILL PLAY MASSIVE FREE VICTORY GIG IN UK IF ‘KILLING IN THE NAME’ IS NUMBER ONE XMAS SINGLE!!! Let's go!!!!”

suprefan
12-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Free show if they can get to # 1 btw.

Mr.Nipples
12-19-2009, 04:38 PM
It's getting personal now:

X-Factor winner Joe McElderry has branded Rage Against The Machine's 'Killing In The Name' "dreadful" after finally hearing his chart nemesis.

"They can't be serious!" he said. "I had no idea what it sounded like. It's dreadful and I hate it. How could anyone enjoy this? Can you imagine the grandmas hearing this over Christmas lunch? I wouldn't buy it. It's a nought out of ten from me. Simon Cowell wouldn't like it. They wouldn't get through to boot camp on The X Factor - they're just shouting."

Guitarist Tom Morello wrote on Twitter: “NEWS FLASH: RAGE ANNOUNCE THEY WILL PLAY MASSIVE FREE VICTORY GIG IN UK IF ‘KILLING IN THE NAME’ IS NUMBER ONE XMAS SINGLE!!! Let's go!!!!”

since my purchase won't count since its based in the states, i did my part yesterday and loaded the joemcelderry.com forums with dozens of photos of harlequin fetus's and dead infants...

Monklish
12-19-2009, 05:40 PM
It's really an absolutely terrible song. Just sayin',

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-19-2009, 05:48 PM
because every song ever made was recorded with the intent being grandmas hearing it over Christmas lunch

Monklish
12-19-2009, 05:51 PM
There's what, six lyrics in the song total just repeated over and over?

hawkingvsreeve
12-19-2009, 06:03 PM
It's Krautrock.

Westy
12-20-2009, 09:25 AM
This whole battle for the Christmas No.1 is very similar to the subplot in Love Actually.

cormaic
12-20-2009, 09:50 AM
They actually got #1. Well done, UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles

paulb
12-20-2009, 09:58 AM
So does that mean RATM will be doing a free show now? What is the point of all this?

suprefan
12-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Yep.

Monklish
12-20-2009, 10:01 AM
I wish RATM would declare war on Supre. For once they would be the more talented side.

sonofhal
12-20-2009, 10:07 AM
So does that mean RATM will be doing a free show now? What is the point of all this?

The point was simply 2 people on Facebook who were bored of always having reality show tripe at No 1 for xmas. They set up a group to make Rage No.1. Within a week it had over half a million members. Rage decided to donate all the profits to charity, and promised a free show in the UK if they did end up being No.1.

Even the London Xmas lights were behind it.

bpqe1jUfRS4

betao
12-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Stuff like this needs to happen in America more often.

MindEnoch
12-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Rage Against The Machine have declared their Christmas Number One a victory over a "very sterile pop monopoly" after beating The X Factor's Joe McElderry's to the top spot.

'Killing In The Name' beat McElderry's cover of Miley Cyrus' 'The Climb' by 50,000 sales to claim 2009's festive chart topping crown.

Speaking upon hearing the news to Radio 1's Scott Mills, Rage frontman Zack De La Rocha said: "We're great, we're very very ecstatic and excited about the song reaching the Number One spot and I just want to say we want to thank everyone for participating in this incredible, organic grass roots campaign.

"It's more about the spontaneous action taken by young people in the UK to topple this very sterile pop monopoly. When young people decide to take action they can make what's seemingly impossible, possible."

He also confirmed that part of the proceeds will be donated to the homeless charity Shelter and they will make good on a promise to play a free concert in the UK next year.

"We would like to congratulate Joe and Simon (Cowell) on the Number Two single," he added.

"We intend to make right on that promise (to play) and we will get together in 2010. We will definitely be there to celebrate with everyone in the UK."

paulb
12-20-2009, 11:44 AM
RATM free show @ Hyde Park sounds about in order.... I need to go.

paulthomasanderson
12-20-2009, 12:05 PM
I need to get tickets for this. Good job U.K.

Ardentbiscuit
12-20-2009, 12:05 PM
It's about time people rebel against entertainment. Most of it sucks anyway.

emtgreg
12-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Word. Close to Glasto maybe? That would be pretty awesome...

scoop49er
12-20-2009, 12:23 PM
awesome fucking stuff!

MindEnoch
12-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!

paulthomasanderson
12-20-2009, 01:50 PM
After hearing about the result this evening, McElderry said: “It's been exciting to be part of a much-hyped battle and they definitely deserve congratulations."

He added: “This time last year I never thought for one minute that I'd win The X Factor, never mind about having a debut single out, so I'm just delighted to be in the charts.

"It's been such an incredible couple of months and I got the best Christmas gift I could ever have asked for in winning The X Factor."

Way to chicken out and do the mature thing, Joe.

shakermaker113
12-21-2009, 08:28 AM
they should totally get the x-factor dude/girl (I haven't even been bothered to look at their name) to open for them at the free concert.

also, this apparently cost the betting industry £1 million: http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/48979

juloxx
12-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Now we need to get the youth to start copping Rage albums instead of Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus.

caco0283
12-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Looks like Paul McCartney and Tony Blair supported Rage

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s4i65471

As of now the race is an extremely close one. Both sides have their supporters. Along with McCartney, Rage Against The Machine is being supported by the likes of Russell Brand, Joan Collins, Tony Blair, Girls Aloud, Louis Walsh, Boy George, and Amy Winehouse.

scoop49er
12-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Rage is gonna tour next year so im fucking extremely happy about that.... Bonnaroo has to finish the deal!! :)

shakermaker113
12-21-2009, 04:47 PM
tony blair. talk about a bandwagon.

canexplain
12-21-2009, 07:28 PM
I think I might go for this because it is for charity. cr****

shakermaker113
12-21-2009, 08:18 PM
you mean the free concert in london? what?

chiapet
12-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Word. Close to Glasto maybe? That would be pretty awesome...

My thoughts exactly!

sonofhal, that xmas lights YT.. wow.. someone out there has a lot of free time.

canexplain
12-21-2009, 09:01 PM
you mean the free concert in london? what?

If you are talking to me, no, I am going to buy Killing but it has to be on christmas day from what I read .... cr****

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-22-2009, 12:16 AM
If you are talking to me, no, I am going to buy Killing but it has to be on christmas day from what I read .... cr****

Ron, you obviously have not been reading anything associated with this

microcuts
12-22-2009, 12:30 AM
^^ LOL, seriously. The game's over. Rage won. Ta-da. Watch it fall back down into oblivion next week. You can still buy it and I'm sure the band would gladly take your money, but it's over. Maybe they should start a new campaign to see how long they can stay at #1.

rage patton
12-22-2009, 01:28 AM
^^ LOL, seriously. The game's over. Rage won. Ta-da. Watch it fall back down into oblivion next week. You can still buy it and I'm sure the band would gladly take your money, but it's over. Maybe they should start a new campaign to see how long they can stay at #1.

You also must not have read the whole thing. They are donating every last cent from this to charity. They are making no profit off of this. Idiot.

microcuts
12-22-2009, 08:51 AM
You also must not have read the whole thing. They are donating every last cent from this to charity. They are making no profit off of this. Idiot.

http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/48973

"[Zack de la Rocha] also confirmed that part of the proceeds will be donated to the homeless charity Shelter and they will make good on a promise to play a free concert in the UK next year (http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/48961)."

Every last cent my ass. If you're going to resort to name calling then fuck right off.