PDA

View Full Version : DRINK!

Lorita
12-17-2009, 11:28 PM
So, Ive just heard that in essence Coachella is a non-drinking festival? Hmmmmmm....not good! Is it true you cant have a beer while watching a band? That sucks ass

psycobetabuckdown
12-17-2009, 11:33 PM
You don't want a beer, it's fucking hot. If you do want a beer there are decent views from tents in the beer gardens. Smuggle.

Harrisment
12-18-2009, 07:55 AM
I thought this would be a big deal as well before I came to Coachella for my first time. It's really not. It's quite easy to walk over to one of the multiple beer gardens, have a cold one, then walk back over to catch a show.

Undies
12-18-2009, 10:42 AM
It is totally not a big deal, as long as you enjoy drinking lukewarm vodka from a plastic water bottle, which you smuggled in under the pretense of being "water".

I am actually glad that they set up the festival this way because it disuedes me from spending $60 a day on beer, running back and forth between the beer vendors and the shows, and getting so drunk that I end up thinking it would be a good idea to do a bunch of whip-its {enter memories of Mile High Festival when I actually got cut off by the beer vendor}

hobomilitia
12-18-2009, 12:46 PM
If they allowed people to drink outside of the beer gardens too many idiots would get all fucked up and dehydrated in 100 degree weather and pass out.
which happens anyway, but GV probably doesn't want that on a large scale

Cheddar's Cousin
12-18-2009, 01:15 PM
It is totally not a big deal, as long as you enjoy drinking lukewarm vodka from a plastic water bottle, which you smuggled in under the pretense of being "water".

That's what the frozen lemonaide is for...

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-18-2009, 02:36 PM
it's not hard to walk into the beer garden and slam a beer in 2 minutes before catching a set. it gets too warm if you hold onto it much longer than that

Undies
12-18-2009, 03:09 PM
it's not hard to walk into the beer garden and slam a beer in 2 minutes before catching a set. it gets too warm if you hold onto it much longer than that

What would you know about drinking?

flowbee
12-18-2009, 03:49 PM
One of the only things I liked about Lollapalooza over Coachella, the wine sports bottles to go.

http://leicalady.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/santa-rita.jpg?w=426&h=639

seanyb
12-18-2009, 09:09 PM
how easy/hard is it to smuggle in a bottle of vodka down your pants? do you get searched and shit upon entry?

Undies
12-18-2009, 09:12 PM
how easy/hard is it to smuggle in a bottle of vodka down your pants? do you get searched and shit upon entry?

I have smuggled two bottles of vodka into coachella every day that I have been and have never had to pour one out. There are a thousand ways to get one in. Don't sweat it.

WizardIsAboutToDie
12-18-2009, 09:13 PM
You get searched, but shitting upon entry is more a function of what you last ate.

Mickjagger00
12-18-2009, 09:45 PM
i'd rather pay money to buy drinks than sneak in liquor. to me it aint worth it.....

emtgreg
12-19-2009, 01:11 AM
We aren't 12. We have Jobs.

Harrisment
12-19-2009, 08:21 AM
You get searched, but shitting upon entry is more a function of what you last ate.

+1 :)

Mammoth85
12-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah, it's a pretty shitty deal. I went to Outside Lands back in '08 and enjoyed it 10x better simply because you could take your drink anywhere.

However at Coachella, it is hot as hell, and drinking alcohol in the hot sun is pretty difficult.

morelifefucker
12-19-2009, 07:01 PM
If u start to drink alot to early in the day you will burn out and be one them people that miss out on all the great stuff that goes on during the night time....i know cuz i was one them peeps the first year i attended.....unless you got some type of substance that`ll give you a power up in the evening....and i dont mean any tweeker type stuff...some type of psych...you`ll be alright.....

eskamo951
12-19-2009, 09:29 PM
I don't even buy a beer before the sun starts to set. Then again, drinking isn't my main priority ;)

Undies
12-20-2009, 04:04 PM
We aren't 12. We have Jobs.

This would have been a very good point; however, we're not sneaking in liquor on account of money. I think that shelling out nearly $750 for two 3-day passes + camping shows that we're willing to pay for services. The point of sneaking in liquor is the convenience of not having to leave a show or get to a show late because you spent 15 minutes waiting in beer line and then guzzling a beer. I will stop sneaking in liquor once GV has busty shot girls wandering through the crowds.

emtgreg
12-20-2009, 10:47 PM
I will stop sneaking in liquor once GV has busty shot girls wandering through the crowds.

I will START Drinking Liquor when this happens. Fantastic Idea really, FANTASTIC FUCKING IDEA.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-21-2009, 09:45 AM
The point of sneaking in liquor is the convenience of not having to leave a show or get to a show late because you spent 15 minutes waiting in beer line and then guzzling a beer. I will stop sneaking in liquor once GV has busty shot girls wandering through the crowds.

I understand your point, but not ONCE this year did I wait for more than 2 minutes for a beer

They have a lot of people working in those cages and they work very efficiently.

Food, on the other hand, can take a while sometimes, depending on what you're trying to eat

pelon7724
12-21-2009, 10:38 AM
I made the mistake of drinking early last year...and I ended up dehydrated and cranky at the end of the night.

If you are gonna drink, then start towards the end of the afternoon.

Its just too hot out there during the day to drink alcohol.

Undies
12-21-2009, 03:52 PM
I will START Drinking Liquor when this happens. Fantastic Idea really, FANTASTIC FUCKING IDEA.

I like it when we all get along

psychic friend
12-21-2009, 03:59 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/epic-fail-south-park-win.jpg

betao
12-21-2009, 08:53 PM
The restricted beer gardens are there to prevent alcohol from getting to kids. Regardless there are many ways to sneak it in, but Coachella would be held more accountable if it was the other way around.

However, I do wish that it was unrestricted. Thats what other festivals (V-fest for example) have on Coachella.

stinkbutt
12-21-2009, 09:50 PM
at the same time it is nice knowing your clothes won't be stinking like beer the rest of the day/weekend, which can get gross since there is really no way to wash them over the span of the weekend

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-22-2009, 12:10 AM
at the same time it is nice knowing your clothes won't be stinking like beer the rest of the day/weekend, which can get gross since there is really no way to wash them over the span of the weekend

....if you intend to wear the exact same outfit the entire weekend...

DFrank
12-22-2009, 01:25 AM
However at Coachella, it is hot as hell, and drinking alcohol in the hot sun is pretty difficult.
And on the 7th day, God created shade and shadows.

GOSHMAC
12-22-2009, 05:46 AM
You may purchase VIP tix and drink beer and other stuff in the entire VIP area and not only under the beer tents

stinkbutt
12-22-2009, 05:50 AM
....if you intend to wear the exact same outfit the entire weekend...

no even when you change that shit will start to stink up your suitcase ya jackass

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-22-2009, 09:11 AM
no even when you change that shit will start to stink up your suitcase ya jackass

A good strategy when on vacation is throw you dirty clothes into a garbage bag at the end of the day as opposed to sticking them into the exact same place as all your nice clean clothes

majormajormajor
12-24-2009, 03:30 AM
it's dumb rules like this which makes festivals less fun to go to. still, fun, but less fun than being able to hold a beer or a massive bucket of booze while watching your favourite band.

i went to a festival in sweden this year and they have silly rules like this - you have to go to a sectioned off 'bar area' to drink a beer. this just isn't as good as going to denmark, for example, where you can drink wherever the fuck you want. im my opinion, it is a basic human right to be able to binge drink wherever you wish.

lowfront
12-24-2009, 06:50 AM
I suggest e instead of drinking at coachella....

icarus
12-30-2009, 09:54 AM
it is a basic human right to be able to binge drink wherever you wish.

True, but in the 100 degree desert I suppose it's also a "basic human right" to become dehydrated and really sick because you wanted to get shitfaced.