PDA

View Full Version : If Rage then Tool...right!!!!!

Bornasghosts
01-21-2007, 11:52 PM
Oh I hope So
for the sake of america

microcuts
01-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Tool was last year, sorry you missed it.

AEversW
01-21-2007, 11:59 PM
tool should never come back to coachella. Their fans almost ruined it.

microcuts
01-22-2007, 12:00 AM
I hope you're prepared, because Rage fans are going to be about 10 times worse.

Boourns
01-22-2007, 12:02 AM
No, that honor goes to Madonna fans. The crowd for Tool didn't consist of countless spoiled sorority girls sitting on their boyfriends' shoulders completely blocking the view of the stage, and even the screens, inside the tent.

microcuts
01-22-2007, 12:09 AM
It was at least entertaining watching all the overweight gay people run as fast as they possibly could as soon as the "iron curtain" was taken down, just so they could chaotically bunch up and attempt to form another line to get wristband tickets that let them into a "special" pit area inside the tent... I think that one person put it best with the Madonna Killed Coachella shirt.

Boourns
01-22-2007, 12:22 AM
When were these special pit area wristbands given out? I wish I had known, because I was actually there for the iron curtain incident.

microcuts
01-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Maybe 20 minutes after they opened up the area? Something like that, they had people lining up outside the Sahara Tent, towards the left on the back by the video screen, and started slapping wristbands on everyone.

Boourns
01-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Oh damn. I didn't know they were going to do this. And I totally could've gotten one, too. Then I would have actually been able to "see" Madonna, which was the only reason I set foot in that tent: to be able to say I have seen her. ANd seeing her on a screen for 2 seconds does not count.

microcuts
01-22-2007, 12:37 AM
yeah I had no idea they were doing it either. By the time I figured out why people were getting lined up, there was already a massive swarm of people and I didn't really feel like joining them.

ayates
01-22-2007, 02:41 AM

http://www.worldclothing.net/vintage/Skirt/CHECK%20MINI%20SKIRTS-b.jpg

scottierock
01-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Obviously Tool would not play a 2nd year in a row. But I'm still trying to figure out how Tool fans almost ruined Coachella last year :rolleyes . I assume you are just generalizing because you may have had a bad experience with some douchebags beside you who also happened to be huge Tool fans? I could say the same about Kayne West and Madonna. Have you ever thought maybe you shouldn't come back to Coachella if you had a bad experience? I thought Tool was pretty good last year and the majority of people who went to Coachella seemed to be at the Main Stage watching their set Sunday night. I know I didn't go see Scissor Sisters.

microcuts
01-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Tool fans probably "ruined" Coachella because of the reported booing and other things displayed during Massive Attack's set. Even if all that happened, I don't see how that ruined Coachella any more than a control freak diva who ran late and disrupted the whole flow of the festival.

sighlent
01-22-2007, 12:02 PM
I can definitely see a large number of kids from LA who are generally angry at their environment... they love RATM and will probably come thinking it will be the start of the revolution, forgetting that it will be really hot and wearing all black makes it worse, and water in the revolution will cost $2 a bottle.

Rage-Slave
01-22-2007, 12:03 PM
rage is confirmed \m/

jimeceb
01-22-2007, 12:26 PM
yea i didnt bohter to see kanye west, too overated and anyone with any proper musical taste wouldnt miss mogwai for that shitt. commonwas alright but kanye west just blows..madonna shouldnt have been there either..this year is pretty weird band wise should be interesting. cebbit

Toolfan91
01-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Tool is a band that actually plays instruments unlike Madonna and asshole West and as far as TOOL fans most of them are pretty cool but you will find assholes no matter where you are or who you're with.I came all the way from NY to see them and had a great time,I will definatly be going back!! To the person that said Tool ruined Coachella really should not go back because with all of the bands that were there you could have found a different stage to have fun at.That's the beauty of Coachella,if you think one band sucks you can always find another one to watch and if you can't then you just don't belong!!!! See you guys in April,Toolfan'91

Peace,Love,and TOOL

C DUB YA
01-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Tool was good, one time out, stellar in 99. Red Hot Chili Peppers = decent in 02, but why God why in 07? GV couldv'e done better this years second headliner me thinks.

C DUB YA
01-22-2007, 02:44 PM
and ftr - Madonna fans are far worse than any Tool fan, At least they won't be back though.

sighlent
01-22-2007, 02:45 PM
maybe someone can sabotage RHCP with giving them all sorts of free heroin so some members relapse and don't play... no i'm kidding thats horrible... charge them for the heroin.

scottierock
01-22-2007, 03:10 PM
I was at the front for Massive Attack. There was no boo-ing. I think any fan of Tool's can appriciate what Massive Attack does, and absolutely respects the work that they do. Just a great show they put on last year. I met this guy who camped next to me last year, Dan from Edmonton. He bought some acid off me and took it before Tool. He said 'That was the neatest thing he's ever seen' (he'd never seen Tool before). I think he summed up Madonna the best:

"The bitch is a ho. She was 45 mins late, had a 20 minute opening - and played 3 songs. Said "Is it ok if I take my pants off?" and didn't even thank the crowd. What an awful human being."

hangthedj112
01-23-2007, 10:54 AM

You want to see Tool fans ruin it, read all the stories about their performance in San Diego at street scene last year.