PDA

View Full Version : Video Editing Software Question

RageAgainstTheAoki
12-13-2009, 05:11 PM
Sorry if there are already a few threads for this, but search is not working. I get "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." for every search I do. I even tried doing "Radiohead" and "Daft Punk" searches and got the same result, so if those don't pull up results I think we know it's down.

Here's what I need. Pretty simple:

Software that is...

Free (or very, very close to being so)
Allows me to adjust the color saturation, contrast, brightness of an MPEG video and then save the file with newly adjusted settings.

That's it. I don't need a complex piece of software here. That's all I need it for. Yeah, I know how to use Google, but it just keeps leading me in circles. (Mostly to sites for "free" software that actually require paid activation to use.)

Thanks if you can help.

wmgaretjax
12-13-2009, 05:14 PM
i'm sure there's a "get a mac" commercial for this somewhere.

RageAgainstTheAoki
12-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Ha ha. Probably. A new mac isn't in my unemployment benefits based budget, though.

menikmati
12-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Wouldn't windows movie maker do all that?

menikmati
12-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Try looking here (http://download.cnet.com/windows/video-editing-software/?&filter=licenseName=%22Free%22|&filterName=licenseName=Free|&tag=ltcol;narrow)

BKsaysAction!
12-14-2009, 12:15 AM
I downloaded adobe premier cs3 from a bit torrent site works great.

M Sparks
12-14-2009, 04:59 AM
Not free, but Adobe Premiere Elements is pretty powerful for the price (somewhere around $60-$70.) You basically get 90% of the features of Premiere Pro for 10% of the price. They leave out just enough that us professionals are forced to get the Pro version.

I can't guarantee this would work, because I don't have the specs of Premiere Elements handy, but these are the most basic of basic functions you're looking for.

Also, I've never used Windows Movie Maker, but Erik might be right.

caco0283
12-14-2009, 06:42 AM
Not sure what all the features are with Final Cut Express....but that might work...just buy final cut studio....color is such an awesome program