PDA

View Full Version : your parents r starting to go looney support thread

psychic friend
12-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Are you getting older and realizing so are your parents?

Have your parents upped their level of craziness with age?

NO really, are they starting to lose it?

Find support and sarcasm here.

1 2 3 go

M Sparks
12-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Last time I was at my mother-in-laws house, we threw out, like $100 worth of food. Like...multiple bottles of unopened ketchup that had turned brown. Meat in the freezer for over 3 years. Apparently, if something is on a really cheap sale, she will buy it whether or not she needs it.

Suffacated
12-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Guilty conscience pf?

MissingPerson
12-13-2009, 04:49 PM
My dad's gotten a bit crankier as he's gotten older. He was never a particularly patient dude, so that sucks. My mom's gotten a little more inclined to that kind of casual, old-generation kind of mild xenophobia, but I think that's more a product of working in a smalltown pub than her advancing years.

Mentally, I think they've held up pretty well, so I'm not too concerned yet. But I do worry that my dad doesn't seem to acknowledge the fact that he's physically older; He's a farmer and a part-time firefighter, and he's used to lifting heavy things or hurling himself off stuff with a certain degre of abandon. He put himself in hospital doing exactly that recently, and I hope that means he'll take it easier, but I doubt it. Back in ye olden days, my brother or I were at home to help him out, but we're both at college now, so we're not there to do any of the running for him. Makes us feel a little guilty, but we're not really sure what to do about it.

ThomThom
12-13-2009, 04:55 PM
In the last month or so my mother has fractured her shoulder and my father has a severe inguinal hernia. I have been helping both of them out alot lately and I am beginning to find them intolerable. Thank god for my sister.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-13-2009, 04:57 PM
My mom hit crazy long before my balls had even dropped

Sleepingrock
Cue Brokendoll....

brittany
I think my mom is less crazy now than when I was growing up.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-13-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm an only child so just thinking about this horrifies me. I will never look in this thread.

Pixiessp
12-13-2009, 05:00 PM
My dad forgets a lot. So does my mom. She has severe Alzheimer's though, so she has a pretty valid excuse.

Laura owns you
12-13-2009, 05:02 PM
my parents are still great, but my grandparents are in the process of crossing that line.

a few weeks ago, my grandma sent me a really cute thanksgiving card. the card itself was adorable, and made me feel loved and special, as intended, but theres always a little something extra with grandma cards, ya know?

my little something extra was a check for three dollars.

yes.

a check.

for THREE DOLLARS.

rskapcat
12-13-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm an only child so just thinking about this horrifies me. I will never look in this thread.

Ditto. I depend on my dad's wisdom...I will be devastated when I can no longer pick up the phone to ask him a question. :(

Suffacated
12-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Cue Brokendoll....

God...
how I wish her mom was still around.

As for her dad...nothing more than the sperm donor.
He does not qualify to be labeled "dad".

brittany
12-13-2009, 05:12 PM
my parents are still great, but my grandparents are in the process of crossing that line.

a few weeks ago, my grandma sent me a really cute thanksgiving card. the card itself was adorable, and made me feel loved and special, as intended, but theres always a little something extra with grandma cards, ya know?

yes.

a check.

for THREE DOLLARS.

LOL I've always thought it was funny when my grandma sent $50, but $3?? She must hate you.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-13-2009, 05:15 PM

yes.

a check.

for THREE DOLLARS.

you could buy three-hundred pieces of penny candy

your grandma must love you

Laura owns you
12-13-2009, 05:19 PM
LOL I've always thought it was funny when my grandma sent $50, but $3?? She must hate you.

thats the thing...my grandma LOVES me. but she totally remembers when $3 was a lot of money....and i think sometimes she forgets that in 2009, $3 wont get you a decent cheeseburger.

A_1_B_2
12-13-2009, 05:20 PM
My stepmother who is the only mother I've ever had suffers from some sort of seasonal depression disorder that she is in denial about, and it rears its ugliest head during the holidays. Let's just say that Christmas has already been ruined this year and we're not going to do the whole family festivities in fear of her causing a scene or being mean to family members. She's been a great, caring mother otherwise, but she has some emotional issues I really wish she'd confront that only get worse as the years go on. I think she's finally managing to push her away her children now. I only started to realize her erratic behavior once I got older, but looking back on it, I've put up with more than my fair share of bad childhood memories. I feel guilty for feeling fed up, but I can't help someone who doesn't see the consequences of their behavior. I'll have another blue Christmas, I guess.

Devin the Dude
12-13-2009, 05:31 PM
my mom's been on Fentanyl Actiq lollipops since they're invention and before that constant Dilauded Morphine and Oxycontin doses since my birth. she broke her back when she was 23.

she is 46 now.

23 years of unacknowledged drug abuse might make you slightly loopy, yes.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Can I have a play-date with your mom please?

Devin the Dude
12-13-2009, 05:43 PM
my mom likes military men. do you make somewhere around $250 grand a year?

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-13-2009, 05:44 PM
:(

...hey where'd you say your mother lived again? ;)

Devin the Dude
12-13-2009, 05:46 PM
why? you wanna meet Dave? ;]

canexplain
12-13-2009, 06:05 PM
My mom is dead but she was pretty cool till the end. My dad is 83 and he went out and met a hooker a couple of years ago. I guess I qualify as a looney parent now but you all know I am normal :) cr****

Devin the Dude
12-13-2009, 06:07 PM
i feel like you are the one board member i really owe it to myself to shake the hand of.

Alchemy
12-13-2009, 06:15 PM

Same here.

canexplain
12-13-2009, 06:21 PM
i feel like you are the one board member i really owe it to myself to shake the hand of.

I take that as a complement .... tnx .... cr****

Devin the Dude
12-13-2009, 06:23 PM
it is a compliment. if you are at the festival this year, i'll buy you a beer in exchange for just one hand shake.

chiapet
12-13-2009, 06:39 PM
my mom's been on Fentanyl Actiq lollipops since they're invention and before that constant Dilauded Morphine and Oxycontin doses since my birth.

Yea, this is what I have to deal with. Though we confronted her about it a few years ago and I have to hand it to her, she's cut back a lot and is quite a bit more lucid.

paulthomasanderson
12-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Semi-only-child. It exists. :nono

Devin the Dude
12-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Yea, this is what I have to deal with. Though we confronted her about it a few years ago and I have to hand it to her, she's cut back a lot and is quite a bit more lucid.

good to know some people can be confronted about their problems. the bitch gives me shit for snorting coke and k for a year or so, yet SHE certainly doesn't have a "drug problem" sucking heroin lollipops 3 or 4 a day.

lulz

canexplain
12-13-2009, 07:02 PM
I quit drugs. As long as you don't consider weed and acid as drugs :) cr****

Devin the Dude
12-13-2009, 07:21 PM
i don't think you'll find a single person here who thinks something as silly as that.

humanoid
12-13-2009, 07:49 PM
my mom's been on Fentanyl Actiq lollipops since they're invention and before that constant Dilauded Morphine and Oxycontin doses since my birth. she broke her back when she was 23.

she is 46 now.

23 years of unacknowledged drug abuse might make you slightly loopy, yes.

those lollipops are fantastic

Monklish
12-13-2009, 07:55 PM
I love my mom and all, but I'm looking forward to when she dies so that I can be done with being a son to anyone. It's just tiresome.

JorgeC
12-13-2009, 08:04 PM
My parents are 59 and 60 and they aren't crazy yet, but my mom does misplace things more often than she used to. My dad got very cranky after he was forced to retire due to a medical condition and is a lot more emotional than he ever was as I was growing up (well, ANY emotion would be more emotion that I got from him growing up, but now he cries at everything...).

I hope to have them with me for many more years to come, i'll deal with the crazy.

Devin the Dude
12-13-2009, 08:04 PM
those lollipops are fantastic

aren't they though?

canexplain
12-13-2009, 08:14 PM
i don't think you'll find a single person here who thinks something as silly as that.

I forgot. Randy and myself one day are going to have an acid throw down (we could invite Flay). They are going to put us in a glass cage and see who freaks out first :) I can wait until your blood clot goes away but it has to be within the next few years or you won't be able to tell if I am freaking out or not..... cr****

Monklish
12-13-2009, 08:30 PM
I forgot. Randy and myself one day are going to have an acid throw down (we could invite Flay). They are going to put us in a glass cage and see who freaks out first :) I can wait until your blood clot goes away but it has to be within the next few years or you won't be able to tell if I am freaking out or not..... cr****

Hehehe, I forgot about that, but yeah let's do that.

Frankly, you sound like you babble incoherent acid speak most of the time of this board.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-13-2009, 08:33 PM
why? you wanna meet Dave? ;]

...has your mothers house ever been robbed?

Devin the Dude
12-13-2009, 11:25 PM
...has your mothers house ever been robbed?

hey let's stop this now! don't want another stalker on the boards. kthxbai.

amyzzz
12-14-2009, 08:59 AM
My mom has been crazy for years -- manic depressive. When she's manic, she impusively buys all sorts of crap and sometimes she gives us some of it, and she talks everyone's ear off and doesn't bother to listen to anything anyone else says. When she's depressed she stays in bed all day and won't talk to anyone.

I really worry about her forgetting things as she gets older because her mom had dementia and got lost on trips a couple times forgetting who she was.

psychic friend
12-14-2009, 09:03 AM
my mom has always been loony. its my dad that is starting to fade. he sends me anti obama propaganda links to read and is into that power of attraction thing or the secret or whatever it's called.

Gribbz
12-14-2009, 09:07 AM
s my dad that is starting to fade. he sends me anti obama propaganda links to read

Is GPS your old man?

Young blood
12-14-2009, 09:10 AM
my mom, my dad, mother inlaw= invisible ufos, ghosts, ufos, underwater ufo bases, conspiracy theories, tea party, glenn beck, reptilians, projection readings, rythm cycle birth control, gay marriage destroying america, every pain pill you can imagine, almost hitting 3 kids in a home depot in a parking lot because they were doing it on purpose, constant crying, and jesus and bible scripture,asians refered to as orientals, indigo children, supporting the ufo coalition, and constant drunkenness with crying and screaming. Ohhhh and Korean war.

TomAz
12-14-2009, 09:10 AM
My mother died years ago. My dad is old and retired and lives by himself in a trailer in vegas. He has always been something of a slob but now that he is old and retired and living by himself in a trailer in vegas, he is incredibly untidy. Like, clean your toilets sometime, dad.

I got him a maid service for christmas. I hope he appreciates it.

locachica73
12-14-2009, 09:15 AM
My mother is crazy but not due to age or dimentia. She is just a nut. She has always had what I would consider mild levels of agoraphobia (sp?), she hates going anywhere, gets panic attacks if she actually has to drive outside the three mile radius of her house. She has also forgotten what day I was born which is kind of funny considering she was there. She has always hated technology but recently got a computer so she finds it great to send us E-Cards while yelling at us in all caps about what rotten kids we are. She only had my old work email address and I have conveniently forgotten to give her the new one, or my phone number. I have also decided to stay off of yahoo IM or any others because then she will find me somehow.

She also use to send us $20 checks every year for xmas and birthdays but because I didn't ever cash one of them she stopped sending them because I fucked up her bank statement for a few months till she finally stopped payment on the check. Yes, she payed $10 to stop payment on a $20 check.

chairmenmeow47
12-14-2009, 09:21 AM
i'm another "semi" only child as my half-brothers are twelve years older than me and live far.

my parents aren't going looney, but my dad does seem to be losing his memory more. he used to just talk super slow and take forever to get his thoughts across, but now he has trouble remembering the word for ANYTHING. most stories go "so i was uh, uh, talking to uh, uh, you know, such and such's daughter and she was going to uh, uh, go, what do you call it? skiing?" and so forth. it's nothing major, but sometimes i worry it's going to get worse with age. i also think it's driving my mom a bit looney as she's still sharp as a tack thankfully, lol.

maid service is an awesome gift, tom :thu

Young blood
12-14-2009, 09:21 AM
She also use to send us $20 checks every year for xmas and birthdays but because I didn't ever cash one of them she stopped sending them because I fucked up her bank statement for a few months till she finally stopped payment on the check. Yes, she payed $10 to stop payment on a $20 check.

So, she saved $10 bucks and proved a point.

locachica73
12-14-2009, 09:36 AM
So, she saved $10 bucks and proved a point.

yes, this is true, although she had asked me if I had lost the check and if she should send another, I said no, that I just hadn't made it to the bank because I have direct deposit and my credit union isn't all that convenient. She got all huffy and said she was going to stop payment. I explained that she didn't need to do that, I would tear up the check, but she was mad and had to have the last word. I still have the check in my drawer and laugh every time I see it.

humanoid
12-14-2009, 09:41 AM
neither of my parents are loony yet, but I've definitely noticed changes in them over the last few years

my dad is diabetic, and is far too stubborn to actually manage it properly. When his blood sugar is off, you can sometimes see him building into this maniacal rage over the most insignificant things. He starts out just bitching, grumbling to himself about some ridiculous minutia, baiting anyone in the family to say something...that will inevitably set him off down the path toward yelling at everyone around and moving from person to person, finding something to bitch at them about. The first response is, "did you forget your fucking insulin again?"......or, "go fucking eat something and shut up"...it's almost always the cause...it's amazing how completely irrational it makes him behave

my mom went back to work about 5 years ago. She is great at her job, and is sharp as a tack when it comes to work related matters. Somehow though, that has detracted from her overall cognitive functions and while at home, she sometimes sounds like a blithering idiot. It's as if she can function perfectly well for work related thinking, but the concentration shuts down when she gets home, like she doesn't have enough energy for both. I think she stresses a lot at work, then her brain kinda shuts down at home as a way to avoid stress. She becomes all ditsy and it drives us all crazy because she's an intelligent woman. My sister works directly with her and is constantly amazed at the vast difference in her between work and home.

Monklish
12-14-2009, 09:41 AM
my mom, my dad, mother inlaw= invisible ufos, ghosts, ufos, underwater ufo bases, conspiracy theories, tea party, glenn beck, reptilians, projection readings, rythm cycle birth control, gay marriage destroying america, every pain pill you can imagine, almost hitting 3 kids in a home depot in a parking lot because they were doing it on purpose, constant crying, and jesus and bible scripture,asians refered to as orientals, indigo children, supporting the ufo coalition, and constant drunkenness with crying and screaming. Ohhhh and Korean war.

I wanna hear about THAT.

fatbastard
12-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Last night my mother in law took over a story about Xmas in Germany that my father in law was trying to tell, she then went on and tried to take credit for a Xmas orniment that my wife made as a kid.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
12-14-2009, 02:47 PM
hey let's stop this now! don't want another stalker on the boards. kthxbai.

send lollis and you wont have no problem, jack

Devin the Dude
12-14-2009, 02:52 PM
send lollis and you wont have no problem, jack

oh, i'll send you a lolli alright.

MissingPerson
12-14-2009, 03:14 PM
This is, far and away, the most profoundly depressing thread on the internet.

HowToDisappear
12-14-2009, 03:37 PM
My father died 13 years ago; my mother died 4 years ago. Fortunately, both of them were in full possession of their faculties at the end, so I don't worry about dementia or Alzheimer's.

Both of them, however, were pack-rats --- my mother most of all. And even though I'm not, one of my big fears is drowning in the detritus of my life when I am old. After enduring the constant struggle with my mom to try to keep some sort of order in her house, I don't keep ANYTHING except the most precious of mementos (she accused me of being unsentimental). The predilection of the elderly to become extreme hoarders is common and so so maddening; any trick I tried in order to minimize it was for naught. It was a nightmare to deal with her house after she died.

I don't care what age you are, if you are a pack-rat, start getting help for it NOW. You have no idea what it will grow to later.

JustSteve
12-14-2009, 03:45 PM
I got him a maid service for christmas. I hope he appreciates it.

he may, but from the sound of it that maid is in for it! did you at least warn the person?

canexplain
12-14-2009, 04:23 PM
My father died 13 years ago; my mother died 4 years ago. Fortunately, both of them were in full possession of their faculties at the end, so I don't worry about dementia or Alzheimer's.

Both of them, however, were pack-rats --- my mother most of all. And even though I'm not, one of my big fears is drowning in the detritus of my life when I am old. After enduring the constant struggle with my mom to try to keep some sort of order in her house, I don't keep ANYTHING except the most precious of mementos (she accused me of being unsentimental). The predilection of the elderly to become extreme hoarders is common and so so maddening; any trick I tried in order to minimize it was for naught. It was a nightmare to deal with her house after she died.

I don't care what age you are, if you are a pack-rat, start getting help for it NOW. You have no idea what it will grow to later.

I tend to be a pack rat but as soon as I throw something away, I need it later ....ying yang ..... cr****

I have tee shirts 45 years old lolz

Devin the Dude
12-14-2009, 04:25 PM
they were called "tee shirts" back then?

canexplain
12-14-2009, 04:41 PM
:) cr****

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/canexplain/cavemen.jpg

Devin the Dude
12-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Please, would you one time
Let me be myself
So i can shine with my own light
And let me be myself
For a while, if you don't mind
Let me be myself
So i can shine with my own light
Let me be myself

canexplain
12-14-2009, 04:58 PM
This is, far and away, the most profoundly depressing thread on the internet.

lolz Devin
and MP, to use a corny saying.....

better to have loved and lost etc ..............cr****

lindysindie
12-26-2009, 03:46 PM
my mom is now on drugs so thankfully her craziness is well under control. My Step-Dad on the other hand has become a full blown conspiracy theorist.
Him- "Obama is just a puppet so that they can make everyone the same."
Me- "Who is they?"
Him- "Your people."
Me- "And what is the final outcome of making us all the same?"
Him- "That's their plan! To make everyone the same!"
Me- "You mean equal?"

TheWatcher
12-26-2009, 03:51 PM
^^^:rotfl

BROKENDOLL
12-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Oh, my...I started to read this thread yesterday and made it about halfway through before it dawned on me...OMG! I'm pretty much in the same age bracket that most of these parents you're speaking of are! That's when I decided to do a shot of tequila and re-evaluate before posting.
As you can see, I totally spaced out and forgot until seeing the thread now! LOL Anyway, my mother passed away almost 6 years ago at the age of 62. She had a great sense of humor and the goofiness she would exibit was always intentional. In fact, I thank her for the ability I have in being able to laugh at myself, whether or not my antics were intentional. As for my father? Due to our circumstances over the years, I always told people he was not just old school, but had graduated from the class before that. First, it was "old-fashioned" that I used to describe his behavior. By my late teens, I believe the term "Asshole" was par for course. Unfortunately, from that point on, we've been what I guess you'd call enstranged. Up until my mom died, he was always ahead of the game and physically able to continue building houses, etc. I did stay with him for afew weeks after her death and was actually amazed at how active he was, and how much of his mind was still intact for 70. Unfortunately though, shortly thereafter he went right back into his mode of disowning me....Until my birthday afew weeks ago...He sent a card telling me he had gotten married to someone and had an Elvis Presley impersonator perform the ceremony. (Keep in mind that he didn't go to my wedding because we lived together for like 3 months and he said that mocked what a marriage was meant to be.) WTF? Like having Elvis reside over your wedding isn't? While there is a bitter part of me over the past, after this new announcement, I guess abit of concern has risen as well...He also sent an Xmas card retelling me about his getting hitched, as he put it. Trust me, my dad was no Romeo,and we all figured at the age of 75, and after being married to my mom for over42 years, he wasn't exactly material for running off and doing shit like this. I'm just glad my brother is there for him, because after my upbringing and our situation, he'd be a complete stranger for me to tend to!

In any case, I have a good feeling that while my parents are living par for course, I, on the other hand may end up being the person that suffacated has to keep on aleash so I don't wander aimlessly off getting lost, or talking to myself and answering. Probably have to get a tattoo of our phone number or some shit so people can get me back home safely!

BROKENDOLL
12-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Dammit! Seems the older I get, the longer my posts get!
Gotta be the looniness! LOL

jimmycrackcorn
12-27-2009, 05:20 PM
ever since my dad retired he is mutating into into ANDY ROONEY!
my mom is talking crazy talk now about how we "ruined the earth by putting machines on the moon that are pulling the earth closer to the sun and that's why there's global warming"

i wish that i was kidding about this...

M Sparks
12-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Anyway, my mother passed away almost 6 years ago at the age of 62.

So, she had you in 3rd grade?

(I'm sorry BD, but it's just so easy. You know I love you.)

(Well, love might be a bit strong.)

Apathetic00
12-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Ugh, my dad is a major pack rat and hasn't gotten rid of anything in years, unless I can secretly throw it away or give it away behind his back.
I mean srsly, are you some how going to find a use for 300+ National Geographic books?!?! Or college books that were relevant in the 1970's??

He built an extra storage b/c he filled two other smaller ones in the backyard with tools and lumber....for ALL those projects he never has time for cause he is on the computer doing nothing.

My mom feels the same way but won't/can't change his mind. She is still sharp or paranoid, not entirely sure, but loves to complain and is always too tired to do anything. That is until its something she wants to do. >_<

bleep
12-27-2009, 06:41 PM
my ma has been growing some foreign plant in her garden that she calls an african leaf plant. she claims that eating this plant's leaves weekly helps prevent diabetes. she just made me eat the leaves raw. i like bitter things, but those leaves were the most extreme form of bitter i've ever tasted. absolutely vile.
she has a couple other plants in her garden that supposedly provide all other sorts of health benefits and remedies. she loves to show 'em off to anyone who will listen. i'll soon let you know how the plant that promotes longevity tastes.

BROKENDOLL
12-27-2009, 07:34 PM
So, she had you in 3rd grade?
(I'm sorry BD, but it's just so easy. You know I love you.)
(Well, love might be a bit strong.)
If you thought I made it easy for you then, you should have seen me trying to comprehend the mathmatics involved in your post! LOL :rolleyes I got it now! DUH... :)

Ugh, my dad is a major pack rat and hasn't gotten rid of anything in years, unless I can secretly throw it away or give it away behind his back.
I mean srsly, are you some how going to find a use for 300+ National Geographic books?!?! Or college books that were relevant in the 1970's??

He built an extra storage b/c he filled two other smaller ones in the backyard with tools and lumber....for ALL those projects he never has time for cause he is on the computer doing nothing.
My mom feels the same way but won't/can't change his mind. She is still sharp or paranoid, not entirely sure, but loves to complain and is always too tired to do anything. That is until its something she wants to do. >_<
Whoa, here's a perfect example of one of those pending senior behaviors I'm concerned about...:confused: Apathetic, your father will surely find a use for those 300 magazines...Just as I intend to do with all the Rolling Stone, Cosmopolitan, and Playgirl that I have saved.
Actually, up until afew weeks ago I wasn't concerned. I simply accepted that I was a pack rat. That is, until Pete called me in to see some program he found on TV called HOARDERS. Have you seen it? I told him to start taping it and I would watch it later...It took 3 weeks for that later to occur! LOL
Now, before I post this pic, let me point out that our condo is only like 700 sq. ft. We don't have a garage. And there aren't many cabinets for storage...Does your dad's garage look anything like this?
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/HOME%20SWEET%20HOME/IMGP2154.jpg

And, maybe I should just post a sign that says, WARNING: THIS AREA BELONGS TO A BASKET CASE...
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/HOME%20SWEET%20HOME/IMGP2157.jpg
But, like Ron said, if I toss something out, I'll need it!!! LOL
Actually, I think as we get older, we tend to realize we won't be earning anything at some point in order to survive. (*My theory.) And, if I should luck out and live to be forever and a day, I don't want to be ass out without a pot to piss in! (*Yes, another theory of mine.)

How's that for some weird ass funny shit? Geez...

lindysindie
12-29-2009, 11:08 AM
fWDe_kEmjV8

I love it so much that this is on right after intervention...

MissingPerson
02-14-2010, 11:10 AM
A while back, my brother was to get a lift from the train station from my Dad. My dad phoned him to arrange the details and, getting no answer, left a message.

My dad being my dad though, he didn't hang up properly, and went on to leave a four minute expletive filled rant about what a screw-up my brother is, in my brother's inbox.

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
02-14-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm still waiting on my lollipops

IDCrisis
02-14-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm still waiting on my lollipops
Oh, so that's how it is with you? First it was my cupcakes and now it's someone elses lollipops? Guess it's safe to assume that that's powdered sugar around that mouth of yours then? LOL

IDCrisis
02-14-2010, 03:37 PM
http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm368/RaymondJesseSchluter/267.jpg

Stickjohn
02-14-2010, 07:32 PM
I attended a conference with nursing home staff to discuss why my father was pulling his penis out of his pants at inappropriate recreational times. One of their questions was if this was unusual behavior for him.

jimmycrackcorn
02-14-2010, 09:39 PM
pulling his penis out of his pants at inappropriate recreational times.

good for him...
at least this would lead you to believe there ARE APPROPRIATE RECREATIONAL times for your father to pull out his penis :thu

boarderwoozel3
02-14-2010, 09:44 PM
http://www.funnycorner.net/funny-pictures/5241/Gold-Digger.jpg

PotVsKtl
02-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Last time I was home my mother game me a quizzical look and asked whether I'd recently started wearing contacts. I've been wearing contacts fo 15 years.

Devin the Dude
02-15-2010, 10:48 AM
I attended a conference with nursing home staff to discuss why my father was pulling his penis out of his pants at inappropriate recreational times. One of their questions was if this was unusual behavior for him.

http://bestlulz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/lol-owl.jpg

amyzzz
08-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Not my parent, but my sister confided to me the other day that she started seeing ghosts "again," and she apparently has been seeing ghosts all her life since she was 5. So I'm wondering if she's on drugs or schizophrenic or early on-set Alzheimer's or if she is actually seeing ghosts. I'm not really sure how to handle this. She has a 10 year old son who she has every other weekend, so I am a bit worried about what she is telling her son.

faxman75
08-15-2011, 09:19 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. Most parents brainwash their children with religion for decades which has to be far more harful than sharing hallucinations.

amyzzz
08-15-2011, 09:32 AM
At the very least I am going to try to hang out with her more. Maybe she's just stressed out from ending her marriage last year and getting back into the dating scene. My husband's aunt has recently behaving erratically, and she finally went to a doctor who says she has dementia, so I was worried that my sister could be going through that.

TomAz
08-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Better ghosts than zombies, I think.

psychic friend
08-15-2011, 09:50 AM
I agree with Tom

amyzzz
08-15-2011, 09:52 AM
haha. She kept saying how she had created a "shield" to keep the ghosts away for a while, but she was dating this one guy who telepathically communicated with her (WTF??) and broke her shield, so now she sees the ghosts again. She wants to find a psychic (or witch??) who can tell her how to construct a new shield properly this time. I really did not know what to say to her after that.

Maybe she's writing the script for a new TV show, I dunno.

fatbastard
08-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Isn't there a ghost in your house as well Amyzzz?

amyzzz
08-15-2011, 09:54 AM
If there is, my sister didn't mention it when she was over Saturday.

TomAz
08-15-2011, 09:55 AM
She wants to find a psychic

did you tell her you have an internet psychic friend?

M Sparks
08-15-2011, 09:56 AM
I don't think "seeing ghosts" in itself is that nutty, but the shield stuff is.

TomAz
08-15-2011, 09:59 AM
hey who's got stef's ghostbusters hat? that might come in handy.

JebusLives
08-15-2011, 10:50 AM
I don't think "seeing ghosts" in itself is that nutty, but the shield stuff is.

I think they're just about exactly as nutty. One is just more socially acceptable for some reason.

amyzzz
08-15-2011, 11:10 AM
My sister also said some renowned psychic who works with the police told her she saw all these souls hovering around her. She makes it sound like she's like Hayley Joel Osment in the Sixth Sense.

M Sparks
08-15-2011, 11:40 AM
I know plenty of people who claim to have seen ghosts, and they are perfectly normal otherwise. I have never myself, but I have had some strange experiences.

It's the "my boyfriend broke my ghost shield" talk that would worry me.

EDIT- OK, seeing LOTS of ghosts ALL the time is pretty nutty too. Most of my friend's ghost stories and my experiences have been along the lines of "Hmm, that was odd."

TomAz
08-15-2011, 11:43 AM
http://catatonicschizophrenia.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/uesc_09_img0510.jpg

Pixiessp
08-15-2011, 12:07 PM
I have had odd experiences where I think I see something out of the corner of my eye. Like some dark figure whoosing by behind me.
It freaks me out for a minute or so. Then I get up and stomp through the house and announce that I am going to eviscerate anyone who dares approach me. I have this strange belief I could dismantle a human body with my bare hands.

RageAgainstTheAoki
08-15-2011, 02:58 PM
I have had odd experiences where I think I see something out of the corner of my eye. Like some dark figure whoosing by behind me.
It freaks me out for a minute or so. Then I get up and stomp through the house and announce that I am going to eviscerate anyone who dares approach me. I have this strange belief I could dismantle a human body with my bare hands.

Ha! I've done that exact same thing. Usually clutching a massive cleaver.

amyzzz
08-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Maybe that's your shield.

RageAgainstTheAoki
08-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Well, to be fair, it used to happen more when I was house sitting a giant place all by myself. Doesn't tend to happen as much in one's own 1br apartment.

hawkingvsreeve
08-15-2011, 03:41 PM
hey who's got stef's ghostbusters hat? that might come in handy.

I returned it to him.

algunz
08-16-2011, 02:03 AM
My parents have become ridiculous caricatures of themselves. My dad at 65 has been acting like a cranky, old fart with comments like, "I'm not going to the football game if I have to sit on those benches." Of course I can't help but call him out on it and call him an old fart. His response is to go all Taxi Driver. "What? You got something to say to me?"

Ugh, he's young. I can only imagine what the years to come will be like.

My mom on the other hand is the round, 66 year old who can't get in and out of a lawn chair without an extraordinary amount of work on her part or even help from others. She's not fat, but is well on her way. She of course heads straight for any sweets and can easily engulf a plate of brownies if it weren't for my dirty looks.

She's young and used to be extremely active. Unfortunately bum knees and an absolute fear of surgery is sending her in a direction that is neither healthy or happy.

I adore and love my parents, but I do not look forward to the years ahead.

lunatic core
08-16-2011, 02:54 AM
My mom is actually bi-polar and it makes me worry all the time. Other than that she's still all there.

Gigger
08-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Yesterday my dad asked me if I liked Mexican food.

shoegazer76
08-16-2011, 08:11 AM

Yeah I get that too. That's just a side affect from all the acid you've dropped in your lifetime.

shoegazer76
08-16-2011, 08:20 AM
My folks are getting up there too. Its only a matter of time before I have to head back to the midwest to take care of them. The thought of having to put them in a nursing home is terrifying to me. I hate those fucking places. The people that work in them are under payed and neglect most of the residents. Most o the old folks in here are certified fucking nuts. The smell of those places is depressing alone. If I get that old I'm gonnna slam a fatal dose of smack before being forced into one of those places.

TomAz
08-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Both of my parents are dead.

HowToDisappear
08-16-2011, 08:51 AM
So are mine.

JorgeC
08-16-2011, 09:22 AM
i had to take over my parent's finances a couple of years back. My mom would miss all the due dates and the late fees/overlimit fees became ridiculous. Does anyone help their parents with this stuff? If they are starting to get forgetful, I would suggest at least offering to help out. I consolidated and cancelled all their credit cards, except for one for emergency purposes.

So here's the nutty part. My dad has been forwarding me emails from some evangelical preacher and has asked me to give him their "emergency" credit card # info so he can start donating to some campaign.

we barely ever went to church as kids, when did he find God and why'd it have to be thru some overly tan white dude? UGGGHHHHH....(maybe this belongs in the bad mood thread...)

Sometimes i feel like a bad son because I have to keep explaining to my parents what they can and can't afford (home repairs/improvements = yes, new car = no). In this case I was happy to tell him "HELL NO" and not feel one iota of guilt. My mom is 62 and dad is 61. They are retired in Ensenada and i talk to them once a week and they drive up once a month for his doctor visits. I love them to death but their fights over this money stuff and me being referee is not fun.

Fourthisto
08-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Ghost Shield sounds like an awesome TV Show title.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who does this. Often at night, right before nodding off. Usually I just say something aloud like "Get the hell out of here, I'm trying to sleep, asswipe!" or something like that. Seems to work, strangely enough. Even stranger still would be the fact that this ALWAYS seems to precede some awesome dreams.

Pixiessp
08-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Yeah I get that too. That's just a side affect from all the acid you've dropped in your lifetime.

Never have dropped acid. I think it's just my extremely poor vision.
Eye doctor told me that because of the fact that I am so near sighted my retina(s) may decide to detach or something like that. That was about 3 years ago. As far as I know they are still in place. :)

Pixiessp
08-16-2011, 12:00 PM
I took care of my mom for 5 years, Jorge. It was hard and it really changed my personality. Something I've come to discover much more lately.

kronz420
08-16-2011, 12:13 PM
The first time my girlfriend met my mom was at Coachella during Pendulum. My mom passed a joint to my girl and she wondered if it was a trick lol I told her to take it ... My mom is crazy .... crazy awesome!

amyzzz
08-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Re: my crazy sister, my other family members say that she's told them she's seen ghosts and auras for years and don't seem to be too concerned. So I guess maybe I just have a sixth sense sister.

BROKENDOLL
08-16-2011, 01:46 PM
The past few days have been rough and I decided to come here to distract myself. Instead, I saw this thread and began reading, and I feel a need to share this on behalf of Pete. As some of you know, it was only a month or so ago that we first learned that his mother had pancreatic cancer and was given maybe 3-6 months to live...

I love you mom. Always have, always will.

by Pete Llarena (http://www.facebook.com/suffacated) on Tuesday, August 16, 2011 at 3:25am

There are lots of things about life that I just don't understand.
I don't understand why people often hurt each other,
I don't understand why our Cat "Slipper" would rather crap in the living room instead of the litter box,
I don't understand why my kid would rather slam the door in my face than to have any kind of contact with me.
I guess it is what it is, but what really puzzles my mind the most is why does life often turn out to be so damned cruel?

My mom and I have been here at my Aunt Margaritas house since August 4th. It was only 1 month ago that I received a phone call informing me of her pancreatic cancer. 1 1/2 weeks after that, I was told that she had maybe 3 months to live. That's why we are here in Ecuador. Her family here is huge as compared to what she had back in Palm Desert. There was me, always working, always too busy to call or come by and my kid who sadly has been "missing in action" Anyways, the minute I got that first phone call I knew that I had to get her back home as quickly as possible.

The days leading up to our flight were anything but normal. Mom has accepted her illness and what her future has in store for her. Me on the other hand, I still cant believe how and why this is happening to her. To be honest, I've never even given it a thought. I mean, mom has always been there no matter what. It didn't make any difference if I had the time for her or the time to give her, she was there....always. Dieing? The thought of that never ever crossed my shallow mind. Then I got the phone call. How wrong I've been....and how much I've taken her for granted.
Like I said, she knew exactly what was happening inside of her and she had been preparing accordingly.

This morning.....mom is finally with her mother, father, her sister and her husband Joe Seger.
At 2:45 am, August 16th, 2011 with Margarita, Pancho, Juan Xavier and myself by her side,
my mom Norma Isabel Seger passed away. There will be a service here in Ecuador for her. Her wishes were to be cremated here and then for me to bring her back to Palm Desert. Once back in the Desert, she will be laid to rest next to her husband Joe Seger.

For those of you who have been following this chapter about our lives, I pray that you will find something positive to keep with you. . As painful as this has been for me, I wanted to somehow send a message out to those who are lucky enough to still have parents. Please, give them a call. It doesn't take that long. If you can swing by to see them, thats even better. But for the love of God, if you have issues, problems or what ever else it is that keeps you from having any kind of relationship with your folks, please...get your head out of your ass, be an adult and make up with them. As a child, one of the most cruel things you can do to your parents is to not allow them to be your parents.To reject them. As a parent, one of the most painful things you can experience is having a child that rejects you.

To everyone who has sent their well wishes, prayers and support, Thank you....from the bottom of my heart. I can't begin to express just how helpful each and everyone of you have been. Thank You.

It was only June 27th that Beverly and I had just returned home from EDC 2011 in Vegas. I hadn't even made it into the house when I got the call. 1 1/2 months later, mom is gone. Kids.....call your folks while you have a chance. Life doesn't need to be cruel. And as you can see, life is short.

* We all tend to think the end of life to be a sad story, but I've witnessed how the love and support from your family can still bring a beautiful ending
to someone's life story...*

Now, if only our cat, Slipper can just hold on until Pete gets home... :(

RageAgainstTheAoki
08-16-2011, 06:47 PM
i had to take over my parent's finances a couple of years back. My mom would miss all the due dates and the late fees/overlimit fees became ridiculous. Does anyone help their parents with this stuff? If they are starting to get forgetful, I would suggest at least offering to help out. I consolidated and cancelled all their credit cards, except for one for emergency purposes.

So here's the nutty part. My dad has been forwarding me emails from some evangelical preacher and has asked me to give him their "emergency" credit card # info so he can start donating to some campaign.

we barely ever went to church as kids, when did he find God and why'd it have to be thru some overly tan white dude? UGGGHHHHH....(maybe this belongs in the bad mood thread...)

Sometimes i feel like a bad son because I have to keep explaining to my parents what they can and can't afford (home repairs/improvements = yes, new car = no). In this case I was happy to tell him "HELL NO" and not feel one iota of guilt. My mom is 62 and dad is 61. They are retired in Ensenada and i talk to them once a week and they drive up once a month for his doctor visits. I love them to death but their fights over this money stuff and me being referee is not fun.

You're a good son, Jorge. My parents are around that age, but they're doing fine. However, I have informed them that they're not allowed to croak until they've paid off their mortgage.

BROKENDOLL
08-17-2011, 10:50 AM

It may not be fun, jorge, but you're doing the right thing. I'm not as old as your parents, but I'm old enough to remember when you could trust the churches, police officers, and most politicians. Now, we've got scammers everywhere, and they prey on the naive. I take care of 2 different wealthy senior ladies, and one of them has me handle her filing and banking folders, etc. The other day she hands me a letter that starts with, "Dearest Grandma Roberta..." And it comes from supposedly a 6 year old girl who needs a sponsor for her gymnastics training... Funny, but I've never known any 6 year old to be so financially sure of exactly how much they need, and how to draw up a breakdown of costs... Nor, did I know Roberta even had a grandchild! Nowadays, the scammers play on shit like that because seniors are naive to the way the world operates now. When Roberta went on a month cruise last year, I stayed and watched her home, only to find that the pool service she had was billing her, but not showing up. They knew she was on vacation, but didn't know I was there...I taught them quick, raised hell, and they lost the account. Your parents will appreciate you for doing the same...

algunz
08-17-2011, 11:25 AM
BD, please send Pete my condolences. :(

Jorge, my husband and I supported his mom financially for the past 10 years. It drained us financially and emotionally, but there was no way we were going to turn our back on her. She was a good mom, but she never planned ahead. She was 42 when Jim was born. His dad was 52. He passed away almost 20 years ago, and Jim's mom passed in April right aft Coachella. Jim was an only child, so all the responsibility fell on our shoulders. It was so hard watching Jim go through the process of becoming the parent.

He harbors no resentment toward his mom, but he gets extremely frustrated when he sees people choosing to have children at such an advanced age. It happens all the time now. In Jim's upbringing it was weird to have parents that could easily pass as your grandparents. Today, people are popping out babies at 50+ all the time and he thinks it's so selfish. Maybe they are a young and healthy 50, but when you hit 80+ you're old. There comes a point in everybody's life that you can no longer fight age. Jim just gets sad knowing there will be so many of Izzy's peers who will be dealing with being the parent to their parent at such a young age.

To each their own, but it just seems that some people are not thinking it all the way through. Anywho, excuse my rant.

Jorge, you are doing good things.

And again Pete, I am sorry for your loss.

amyzzz
08-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Gunz, my parents who had children well into their late 30's and 40's are still going strong at 79 and 73 (with children now in ther 30's and 40's), so not all those parents will turn out like your husband's parents.

JorgeC
08-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Pete, sorry for your loss. Losing someone you love is never easy.

thanks for the kind words everyone. My parents are very self-sufficient physically, thank goodness. It's the bickering that gets me, but i guess that's what happens when you're with someone 24/7. When they come up to visit, they usually are here 3-4 days. First couple of days my mom spends downstairs and my dad upstairs. I think they consider it a mini-vacation from each other cuz when i get home from work my mom cannot wait to talk my ear off.

In terms of people preying on them, my dad is more susceptible than my mom. She's always been "frugal" (i can still hear her say "No hay dinero!" whenever i asked for a toy growing up). I'm on their bank account so I keep an eye on their expenses. Money/budget stuff comes easy to me. I just hope that the day they aren't able to make bigger decisions on their own i'll actually be able to do it. I know my brother (a drug addict) and my sister (in vegas...kind of a wreck too) definitely won't be any help.

Premium Roast
08-17-2011, 08:07 PM
‘70s looking fully nude Asian women pics found in Internet Explorer cache on parents' computer a few minutes ago

M Sparks
08-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Why were you...

...never mind.

Fourthisto
08-18-2011, 04:37 AM
It's awesome what you're doing for your folks, Jorge - but it does make me feel like I'm slacking in the parental support department. Time to step up my game! ;)

‘70s looking fully nude Asian women pics found in Internet Explorer cache on parents' computer a few minutes agoIf looking at fully nude Asian women from the 70's on your parents' computer is wrong, I don't want to be right. :cool:

JebusLives
08-18-2011, 08:19 AM
70s looking fully nude Asian women pics found in Internet Explorer cache on parents' computer a few minutes ago

I'm afraid to tell you this, but your parents are sexual beings. Your existence depends on it.

The only lunacy here is you going through your parents internet cache.

guedita
04-07-2012, 03:15 PM
My mother is sometimes such a passive aggressive piece of work. I'm having some friends over to her house tomorrow to take advantage of the backyard and play badminton and bocci ball. My brother is going to BBQ. Everyone's bringing food. She has emailed, texted, and called me no less than 10 TIMES FOR EACH in the past 24 hours to discuss everything, which is incidentally nothing. She is literally not obligated to do anything for my little soiree. I never asked her to.

Best bit of the most recent email:

This has actually been fun to prep for. Hope you enjoy what I’ve done and I end up with some nice flowers and such.

Mugwog
04-07-2012, 03:32 PM
That's really not that bad. She's old and wants to feel like shes apart of something, let her have some fun and feel helpful

It is her house.

amyzzz
04-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah that's what you get for having it at her house. My mom would be the same way.

guedita
04-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Technically, it's my dad's house.

guedita
04-07-2012, 03:42 PM
I already coordinated with my brother that we're both going to buy a bunch of roses and literally throw them at her feet in recognition of her noble efforts to cut up a watermelon.

JorgeC
04-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Typing this on the couch with my parents as we watch a movie together. They've been sticking to the once a month visiting schedule but are staying 3 weeks this time because they'll be taking care of their "grandkids" while I camp at Coachella. Moms hearing is getting bad but it's funny when she tries to hide it. I'll ask her a question and she says "uh huh, si". Love times like these.

marooko
04-07-2012, 03:47 PM
What a bitch.

Twice a week a drive some folks to and from an adult daycare. Overall they're really nice and can be really freaking funny. A couple weeks ago, I look in the rear-view mirror and one of the guys has both arms out (kinda like he's saying wassup) with both birds flying high. I really had to try not to laugh while I told him that wasn't very nice.

Now I drive a different route and don't get to see them often, it's kind of sad. But i do walk around the place and say hello to them. It seems to make us both very happy.

getbetter
04-07-2012, 03:54 PM
My dad told me that the john carter movie is a true story.