PDA

View Full Version : Rage VS Simon Cowell

caco0283
12-10-2009, 05:51 AM
Got this link from Tom Morello's twitter http://tinyurl.com/y8oxvq8

Fed up of Simon Cowell's latest karaoke act being Christmas No.1?

Me too... So who's up for a mass-purchase of the track 'KILLING IN THE NAME' from December 13th (DON'T BUY IT YET!) as a protest to the X-Factor monotony?

AGAIN DON'T BUY IT YET!
NO, REALLY DON'T BUY IT YET. IT WON'T COUNT!

I think they are giving all money they make on this to some charity

faxman75
12-10-2009, 06:56 AM
If they are so upset about Simon Cowell maybe they should record some new fucking music rather than beg people to buy the one song that was their biggest hit 15 years ago. Douche bags.

sonofhal
12-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Unlike you to miss the point, Faxy waxy.

The group was actually started on facebook a week or so ago, and the band have only picked up on it in the last couple of days. DrownedinSound have started a make Sufjan no 1 for xmas group too. I'm more than happy to donate less than 1 to keep the latest karaoke idol off the top spot for a change.

faxman75
12-10-2009, 07:58 AM
So a couple different artists fans have decided they want their artist to be number one and not some reality show contest winner. I fail to see how either of these fan created facebook tweets or whatever the fuck are going to stop these reality show winners from being number one, and really who cares if they are number 1.

All this does is put money in Rage's pocket in the laziest way possible. Purchasing a song that every fan of the band already owns. I'm not missing the point, i'm just understanding that what they are doing isn't for the greater good, it's simply to put more money in their pocket. I get that it was a fan idea but the band has now embraced it and Tom Morello is promoting it. At least the Idol or X Factor winner is putting out new music which is more than what we can say about Rage. That's my point. The fans should be pissed at Rage for the past almost three years now of profit from playing shows without creating any new material.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 08:07 AM
You're such a retarded, angry, rotund man.

TommyboyUNM
12-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Didn't Caco say they're giving the money to charity, Fax? It's not some scheme to make Rage more rich. I'm interested to see if this will actually work. And by using a song from 17 years ago, that establishes the point of the exercise much better than a new song.

sonofhal
12-10-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm not missing the point, i'm just understanding that what they are doing isn't for the greater good, it's simply to put more money in their pocket.

You are either-

A = Missing the point (still). NB. Having a negative opinion of this idea does not equal not missing the point).
B = Stupid (and angry because of it).
C = A nice blend of both A and B.

faxman75
12-10-2009, 08:28 AM
You're such a retarded, angry, rotund man.

You need new material. It's always the same boring fat joke. You should have a shit ton to pull from with all of my moronic posts but instead you stick with the obvious.

Tommy, Caco said he thinks it is going to charity. The link he provided says nothing about charity so I don't know anything about that.

Even if it is for charity, can't these fucks get in the studio and make a christmas song or some shit? That's all i'm saying. What's wrong with giving fans what they really want, some new music? Instead we should purchase a song for the sake of defeating some other person. As someone who enjoys a bit of Rage I get sick of seeing them make any type of news without any new music.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 08:29 AM
You're such a mad asshole, Fax. Go the fuck back to the psychiatrist. You're not done yet.

faxman75
12-10-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm mad because you need new material or because i'm ranting about Rage? Or both?

Monklish
12-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Both. Fucking stop and listen to yourself for a second. Some British fans decided to use an old Rage song to make a little internet rebellion against a reality TV show and your reaction is to be angry at the band for not making new music. Do you not see how fucking nuts that is? The band didn't ask for it, they didn't start it, they never promised anyone any new music. What the fuck is wrong with you?

scoop49er
12-10-2009, 08:35 AM
faxman, nice avatar of Medicated Pete! classic!

rage is considering a offer to play stadium shows with Metallica next summer as part of a package tour that will end Metallica 2 yr tour....

Bonnaroo has also shown interest....

its all up to Zach, as usual....

faxman75
12-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Both. Fucking stop and listen to yourself for a second. Some British fans decided to use an old Rage song to make a little internet rebellion against a reality TV show and your reaction is to be angry at the band for not making new music. Do you not see how fucking nuts that is? The band didn't ask for it, they didn't start it, they never promised anyone any new music. What the fuck is wrong with you?

You left out the small detail that Morello has embraced it and is promoting it. They should promise people new music and there is a lot wrong with me.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 08:39 AM
What the fuck do you want him to do, disown the fans and their movement? Jesus Christ, get a grip and hit a treadmill.

shakermaker113
12-10-2009, 09:02 AM
he's right faxy. calm down.

higgybaby23
12-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Even if it is for charity, can't these fucks get in the studio and make a christmas song or some shit?

Rage Against The Machine Xmas song?

Now that I would pay to hear.

chairmenmeow47
12-10-2009, 09:08 AM
people should just be pissed at rage for creating shitty music. who cares if their shitty fans want to spend their money on shitty music just to play a prank on american idol.

caco0283
12-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Im sorry for starting this thread...ill go back to the misc lounge and talk about Toms wrinkled up balls

chairmenmeow47
12-10-2009, 09:18 AM
ha ha ha, no, i mean why be offended by it!?!

caco0283
12-10-2009, 09:22 AM
cos everyone is so fricken angry...not sure why....screw this board im off to get my work done :)

faxman75
12-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Grrrr Ragerrrr.

juloxx
12-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Im down. Anything to support Rage, but more importantly, anything to fuck with American Idol bullshit.

TommyboyUNM
12-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Tommy, Caco said he thinks it is going to charity. The link he provided says nothing about charity so I don't know anything about that.

Even if it is for charity, can't these fucks get in the studio and make a christmas song or some shit? That's all i'm saying. What's wrong with giving fans what they really want, some new music? Instead we should purchase a song for the sake of defeating some other person. As someone who enjoys a bit of Rage I get sick of seeing them make any type of news without any new music.

You're assuming Rage is keeping the money and I'm assuming they aren't. I think my assumption is a lot more logical than yours. Why the FUCK would a group like that keep the profits? It just makes no sense.

Also, they aren't making a new song because that's not the point. If a 17-year old song is #1 on the charts, that speaks more to how the system is bullshit. If Rage released a new song, that wouldn't prove the point. People would just chalk it up to a novelty or a fluke. Does that make any sense?

Alligator Bogaloo
12-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Grrrr Ragerrrr.

Let it go, Mark. Let it go... Just focus on the upcoming Jeff Tweedy concert.

faxman75
12-10-2009, 09:41 AM
You're assuming Rage is keeping the money and I'm assuming they aren't. I think my assumption is a lot more logical than yours. Why the FUCK would a group like that keep the profits? It just makes no sense.

I dunno, I figured it was safe to assume if I don't read they are giving the profits to charity then they are putting their profits in their pocket. It is their money and music after all and they have every right to make a profit. I just don't understand why they would be concerned with this music reality nonsense is all. Why give it more attention? I guess we'll see how big of an impact they have and maybe i'll be wrong and it will be a huge success and all the money will go to charity. I'm ok with that.

I think it's funny when a band as angry as they are who ranted about burning down all the senate buildings in Washington if we didn't pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan is concerned about X Factor or Ameircan Idol.

I would like to see them play some shows just to hear some new Zach rants against Obama.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Once again, the band didn't start it, you fucking psychopath.

TallGuyCM
12-10-2009, 09:50 AM
I think it's funny when a band as angry as they are who ranted about burning down all the senate buildings in Washington if we didn't pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan is concerned about X Factor or Ameircan Idol.

I actually agree with this. People get old and usually mellow out I guess.

faxman75
12-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Once again, the band didn't start it, you fucking psychopath.

Correct. I didn't say they did. I said they embraced it by tweeting about it.

JustSteve
12-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Im down. Anything to support Rage, but more importantly, anything to fuck with American Idol bullshit.

that show/music affects your life that much? this is a real problem/issue to you? wow.

Abe Lincoln
12-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Vote Sanjaya,that'll really show 'em...

sonofhal
06-07-2010, 04:00 AM
The free gig was yesterday. FYI - This is how the brits get in for free.

http://www.twitvid.com/IPAFG

amy2705
06-07-2010, 08:50 AM
I saw people climbing over the walls, but that is just crazy!