PDA

View Full Version : A Thread About Why Californians Seem Retarded To Non-Californians

Pages : [1] 2

malcolmjamalawesome
12-09-2009, 04:04 PM
I'll start.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091209/ap_on_re_us/us_fea_pets_chihuahua_overload

Pop culture main reason Calif has Chihuahua crisis

AP – An adopted Chihuahua, James Bond, rests his head at the Animal Control and Care center in San Francisco, …
Slideshow:Dogs At Work And Play
By SUE MANNING, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 33 mins ago
LOS ANGELES – California has more Chihuahuas than it can handle, and it has Hollywood to blame.
There are so many Chihuahuas at shelters in Oakland, they have started shipping the dogs out of state, said Megan Webb, director of Oakland Animal Services. They have sent about 100 to Washington, Oregon and Arizona, she said, "and as soon as they get them, they are ready for new ones."
Chihuahuas make up 30 percent or more of the dog populations at many California shelters. And experts say pop culture is to blame, with fans immitating Chihuahua-toting celebrities like Paris Hilton and Miley Cyrus, then abandoning the dogs.
The problem appears to be specific to California — shelters elsewhere would love to share the wealth, said Gail Buchwald, senior vice president overseeing the ASPCA adoption center in New York City.
"We never have enough supply for the huge consumer demand for small dogs," she said.
One of Webb's biggest problems is a lack of money to fly the dogs to other states. Buchwald said she would be happy to help.
"Nothing is outside the realm of possibility here. We have a supply-demand isssue," she said.
Chihuahuas are the most popular breed of dog in Los Angeles, so it makes sense it is the most abandoned breed, said Madeline Bernstein, president of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Los Angeles. In Oakland, some days, they get 10 of the 5-pound dogs a day, Webb said.
The problem is so bad that shelters all over California that were built for big dogs had to remodel to accommodate the little guys.
Among the reasons for the glut is the breed's popularity in movies like "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" and as celebrity pets, said Dave Frangipane, senior coordinator for Chihuahua Rescue of Beverly Hills. A cute puppy can grow up to have adult health problems or become protective and aggressive.
There are less glamorous reasons, too, like the high vet bills Chihuahuas can bring. And the biggest spikes in California Chihuahua populations are probably due to puppy mills and backyard breeders, Buchwald and Frangipane said.
Chihuahas are cute, but vulnerable, Frangipane said. "People think nothing of kicking a small, yappy dog. And they can be abused by people of all sizes. A toddler can snap a Chihuahua's leg in a second," he said.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-09-2009, 04:11 PM
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8088/arnold.jpg

TommyboyUNM
12-09-2009, 04:12 PM

Also, what clothing helps people stay warm in the snow? Tonight's freezing temperatures makes me very curious as to how people live in the snow.

Was this a jokey question or do you legitimately struggle with the question of "what clothing helps people stay warm in the snow"?

I don't go in the snow, therefore, I don't know how to stay warm in it.

You have a general understanding of what clothes are warmer than others, right?

I've worn several jackets and have still been cold, such as today, when it was 45 degrees outside. Snow is colder than that. I'm just wondering if there's some thicker jacket type I'm unaware of.

So you want Laura to confirm that you, in fact, haven't worn the thickest jacket in existence?

Yes. I have not worn the thickest jacket in the world. Also, as my best friend who also grew up in Southern California, she has had to deal with this snow issue. She can relate to me, unlike the rest of you assholes.

It's just that, your question reads as "I don't understand the basic concepts of clothing and warmth."

malcolmjamalawesome
12-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Golden.

biggfoot17
12-09-2009, 04:15 PM
What's just as retarded is that places like Washington, Oregon, and Arizona can't get enough of those little shits

biggfoot17
12-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Tommy, was that great

Monklish
12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
close, im a first generation Venezuelan immigrant. grandparents are from italy so i guess im just pretending to be italian right?

Besides, the best pizza I ever had was in Laos. You don't have to be a guidette to throw sauce on bread.

liquidsnake28
12-09-2009, 04:21 PM
eskamo is an alias, right? His name is one letter off from eskimo and he's asking about how to stay warm in the snow...

TallGuyCM
12-09-2009, 04:35 PM
This thread is just asking for multiple Monklish posts about how much L.A. sucks.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Well, I feel posts in this thread need to be supported with some sort of hard evidence, such as an article, an exchange on the board, or a picture of your governor, rather than just unfounded attacks.

humanoid
12-09-2009, 04:40 PM
I might be offended by this, but since I'm from California, I can barely read it well enough to know if I should be or not. Can you add more pictures?

wait...enough people watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua to help create a chihuahua abandonment crisis?

JebusLives
12-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Malcolm, I always thought you were DruggyFestivalGuy... ?

canexplain
12-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Kali has its' problems but you have to live there for a number of years to really "get" California. Plus it's so big that it is like ying and yang comparing SoCo, the Bay, and inner parts. cr****

TomAz
12-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Ron, please explain the Middle East next.

Monklish
12-09-2009, 06:27 PM
I'll settle for Ron being able to explain a fucking 2 by 4.

TomAz
12-09-2009, 06:32 PM
mock BD post:

"well a fucking 2 by 4 would require a lot of explanation!?!?!?"

Monklish
12-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Here are some unconnected pictures to complete the lack of a thought for you:

http://sutherlands.com/products/images/cedar2x4.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/fucking%202x4/Strat3582/happy_fucking_birthday.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/fucking%202x4/scarless/wrestling/Tazz2x4.jpg

TallGuyCM
12-09-2009, 06:46 PM
mock BD post:

Followed by some completely unnecessary and grotesque drawing of a guy trying to literally fuck a 2 by 4.

TomAz
12-09-2009, 06:48 PM
The image i had in mind was different, but along the same general lines. If I described it any more, everyone would be sick.

canexplain
12-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Ron, please explain the Middle East next.

Have you ever lived in California Tom? Not just been there but lived there? cr****

unitedwesuck
12-09-2009, 06:52 PM
http://www.chinasmack.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/2012-los-angeles-skyscrapers-plane.jpg

TomAz
12-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Have you ever been in the Greatful Dead ron? Not just listened to them but actually been in the band? taz*****

unitedwesuck
12-09-2009, 06:55 PM
http://www.sott.net/image/image/tmp/1168548767.283790.7803/medium/Day_After_Tomorrow_-_Hollywood_sign__300w_.jpg

frazzles
12-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Did Ron really say "Kali"?

unitedwesuck
12-09-2009, 06:57 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wvoLtwni0kc/Rx2fjoFPo3I/AAAAAAAALDE/8m3InN5CT-k/s320/california-san-diego-wild-fires.GIF

unitedwesuck
12-09-2009, 06:58 PM
http://hempnewstv.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/schwarzenegger-high.jpg

roberto73
12-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Kali has its' problems

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp292/rmonty73/kalijpe.jpg

Looks to me like Kali has things pretty well under control.

canexplain
12-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Maybe you have a point but in ways, yes I have "lived" the GD. My point: Then tell me what a Californian is and how you can stereotype them all which is what I am saying. cr****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2009, 07:11 PM
I love California and I have only been living in the state for 2 months but CHRIST alot of Californians are REAL idiots. I'm damn near a Republican here with my "moderate" and "pragmatic" views.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Kali has its' problems but you have to live there for a number of years to really "get" California. Plus it's so big that it is like ying and yang comparing SoCo, the Bay, and inner parts. cr****

No, its fucked because most people don't care about the whole politcal process and because of how apathetic most people are about it, only the looneys end up voting from both sides.

Young blood
12-09-2009, 07:16 PM
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj309/RSP19/PumpingIron-ArnoldSmokingWeed.gif

theburiedlife
12-09-2009, 07:17 PM
I love California and I have only been living in the state for 2 months but CHRIST alot of Californians are REAL idiots. I'm damn near a Republican here with my "moderate" and "pragmatic" views.

Yeah, you are living right next to Cal. Berkeley isn't exactly an accurate assessment of California's political orientation.

Shooters08
12-09-2009, 07:18 PM
One of the best places in the world. Never want to leave. I hate chihuahuas!

theburiedlife
12-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Things which are wrong with California:

Fresno

Proposition 13

Serrano vs. Priest

2/3rds Majority

Gerrymandering

Bakersfield

canexplain
12-09-2009, 07:23 PM
No, its fucked because no one really care about the whole politcal process and because of how apathetic most people are about it, only the looneys end up voting from both sides.

You use the words " a lot" and "most" not a generic Californians and that is my point. I would also say to this post, there are so many Californians it may seems they are apathetic. Go to Berkeley, check out what the ninth circut court has put out, go down to Orange County and Reagan enclaves then tell me how "Californians" are apathetic. cr****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah, you are living right next to Cal. Berkeley isn't exactly an accurate assessment of California's political orientation.

lol. I will be moving to Berkeley soon but I've been living in SF the past 2 months. And just from the folks I've and from the local news and paper, I can see why the state has problems. I still love it here though and this whole area is awesome but I've been meaning to start a thread like this for a while.

obzen
12-09-2009, 07:24 PM

Practically a mecca for all things progressive, ideologically speaking.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Things which are wrong with California:

Fresno

Proposition 13

Serrano vs. Priest

2/3rds Majority

Gerrymandering

Bakersfield

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2009, 07:25 PM
You use the words " a lot" and "most" not a generic Californians and that is my point. I would also say to this post, there are so many Californians it may seems they are apathetic. Go to Berkeley, check out what the ninth circut court has put out, go down to Orange County and Reagan enclaves then tell me how "Californians" are apathetic. cr****

you just stated what I said. The looneys from each said are the ones that do all the voting.

theburiedlife
12-09-2009, 07:27 PM
lol. I will be moving to Berkeley soon but I've been living in SF the past 2 months. And just from the folks I've and from the local news and paper, I can see why the state has problems. I still love it here though and this whole area is awesome but I've been meaning to start a thread like this for a while.

I live over in the East Bay, It's a much nicer lifestyle if you are attuned to a slower pace of a city. Although we do have the occasional protests up Sproul hall.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2009, 07:28 PM
I live over in the East Bay, It's a much nicer lifestyle if you are attuned to a slower pace of a city. Although we do have the occasional protests up Sproul hall.

I'm excited about moving there for sure. It fits the pace of life for my family. SF is too busy and crowded for my wife's taste. Plus we have dogs. Nice change of pace and weather from my little Denver suburb.

canexplain
12-09-2009, 07:32 PM
you just stated what I said. The looneys from each said are the ones that do all the voting.

no one really care about the whole politcal process and because of how apathetic most people are

That is what you said. I don't need to defend California even though I have lived a number of places there. I am from Colorado and Californians can defend themselves. cr****

wmgaretjax
12-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Although we do have the occasional protests up Sproul hall.

And Wheeler... And Boalt... And in the trees...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2009, 07:33 PM
no one really care about the whole politcal process and because of how apathetic most people are

That is what you said. I don't need to defend California even though I have lived a number of places there. I am from Colorado and Californians can defend themselves. cr****

sorry changed.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2009, 07:34 PM
And Wheeler... And Boalt... And in the trees...

we still need to get drinks.

unitedwesuck
12-09-2009, 07:34 PM
this thread is exploding in my pants!

Monklish
12-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Maybe you have a point but in ways, yes I have "lived" the GD. My point: Then tell me what a Californian is and how you can stereotype them all which is what I am saying. cr****

Easy--the same way you stereotype Mexicans, or Republicans, or in your case black women.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Easy--the same way you stereotype Mexicans, or Republicans, or in your case black women.

LULZ

theburiedlife
12-09-2009, 07:38 PM
and in the trees...

That was so 2008.

canexplain
12-09-2009, 08:08 PM

Republicans only lolz.
BTW the three most populated states and voting in 2008

California 38%
New York 36%
Texas 35%

A 2x4 is actually 1.5 inches by 3.5 inches
Life if relative Randy

cr****

wmgaretjax
12-09-2009, 08:10 PM
we still need to get drinks.

i'm done with finals next monday. after that i'm totally free. let's do it.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-09-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm done with finals on Wednesday. I'll meet you guys.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2009, 08:21 PM
score.

theburiedlife
12-09-2009, 08:29 PM
MJA where do you go to school?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2009, 08:30 PM
he goes to school in the same place this guy does:
http://www.rave180.com/uploaded_images/rave-on-750363.jpg

This is their classroom

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_01/rave1L_468x313.jpg

theburiedlife
12-09-2009, 08:32 PM
They must have a dedicated alum.

Monklish
12-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Republicans only lolz.
BTW the three most populated states and voting in 2008

California 38%
New York 36%
Texas 35%

Life if relative Randy

cr****

Dissed by an inexplicable series of asterisks.

Although I still have no idea what the fuck the voting figures are supposed to mean or prove.

Suffacated
12-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Followed by some completely unnecessary and grotesque drawing of a guy trying to literally fuck a 2 by 4.

The image i had in mind was different, but along the same general lines. If I described it any more, everyone would be sick.

So...
you two fantasize about fucking lumber...
Wood that be together, or maybe just doing eachother?

Life if relative Randy

^ or relating to his penis size.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
Dissed by an inexplicable series of asterisks.

Although I still have no idea what the fuck the voting figures are supposed to mean or prove.

pfft. Clearly the secret code is here *** in the 3rd *

Monklish
Two more good examples why Californians seem retarded: Suff and BD.

Suffacated
12-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Oh...a compliment.. thank you.

theburiedlife
12-09-2009, 08:41 PM

Again, trace it back to Serrano vs. Priest.

canexplain
12-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Oh...a compliment.. thank you.

Suff that belongs in the "Opposite of What You Think" thread :)
Randy the stats just show that of the 3 states California is the least apathetic although that doesn't mean they may not be apathetic in general. cr****

BROKENDOLL
12-09-2009, 08:56 PM
I'll settle for Ron being able to explain a fucking 2 by 4.

mock BD post:

Oh, Tom, you silly imposter, you! I would have answered for Ron by saying, "It's probably the same size as the wood you get in the morning, asshole," and left it at that.

Well, if that's what floats your boat big guy...But, I think you should probably ask Randy first if he minds having this characature done together before I go wasting my precious time.

Trust me, if those two decide it's a go, my picture will be worth a 1000 words, believe that! LOL

Jackasses.

Suffacated
12-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Guess I am retarded.
I really thought that...... never mind.
Once again Molknish has proven that he is the result of a far superior sperm donor.

BROKENDOLL
12-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey, we're just doing our part to make all the transients feel more at home.
Now that you've bailed, we don't have to be as hospitable.

Guess I am retarded.
I really thought that...... never mind.
Once again Molknish has proven that he is the result of a far superior sperm donor.
I don't think scraping semen off a sidewalk is not considered a donation, sorry, babe.

HAMMERHEAD
12-09-2009, 09:20 PM
sperm? i always thought he came from one of these

http://www.sc2armory.com/img/zerg/buildings/spawning_pool.jpg

Monklish
12-09-2009, 09:46 PM
So, to recap:

BD replies to Tom's joke about the completely unrelated statement she would have made with... an even less related statement.

Suff follows up to demonstrate that he thinks humans can conceive with semen scraped off a sidewalk.

And Hammerhead bats cleanup by correcting the both of them on the origin of my birth, entering with his own barely decipherable picture message to communicate that he thinks my real parent was... a geode.

I have no idea why anyone thinks you people are idiots. Really, I don't.

theburiedlife
12-09-2009, 09:58 PM
The Bay Area ranked second in the quasi-arbitrary list of Forbes' smartest cities in America.

Just sayin'.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-09-2009, 10:07 PM
The Bay Area ranked second in the quasi-arbitrary list of Forbes' smartest cities in America.

Just sayin'.

I think I remember seeing that list too. If I remember correctly the only reason it didn't rake No.1 was lack of politcal engagement (!!!!).

edit: Actually it wasn't Forbes but the Daily Beast I believe.
Yep, it was
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-10-04/americas-smartest-cities---from-first-to-worst/?cid=bs:archive9#gallery=787;page=2

theburiedlife
12-09-2009, 10:15 PM
I think I remember seeing that list too. If I remember correctly the only reason it didn't rake No.1 was lack of politcal engagement (!!!!).

edit: Actually it wasn't Forbes but the Daily Beast I believe.
Yep, it was
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-10-04/americas-smartest-cities---from-first-to-worst/?cid=bs:archive9#gallery=787;page=2

Yeah, I stand corrected. Although in my defense Forbes does have a similar list.

HAMMERHEAD
12-09-2009, 10:18 PM
And Hammerhead bats cleanup by correcting the both of them on the origin of my birth, entering with his own barely decipherable picture message to communicate that he thinks my real parent was... a geode.

1) its a zerg spawning pool.
2) this coming from the guy who gets flamed by *at least* 2-3 people in every thread he posts in :rolleyes
3) the shit talking is all for fun anyways, if/when i see you at coachella ill probably give you a high five and then proceed to make a generic smartass comment about your fedora.
4) this thread is seriously silly, we all know california wins at statehood even with all the bizarre shit that goes down here.

BlackSwan
12-09-2009, 10:18 PM
So, to recap:

BD replies to Tom's joke about the completely unrelated statement she would have made with... an even less related statement.

Suff follows up to demonstrate that he thinks humans can conceive with semen scraped off a sidewalk.

And Randy, what about people who think you are an integral player in this cavalcade of idiots? Twats, right?

hawkingvsreeve
12-09-2009, 10:19 PM
So...
you two fantasize about fucking lumber...
Wood that be together, or maybe just doing eachother?

^ or relating to his penis size.

This didn't go unnoticed.

Probably wasn't intentional.

Chaplipman
12-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Caring about and patting yourself on the back about what some trivial magazine says about your city is just giving non-Californians more reason to see you as retarded.

theburiedlife
12-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Caring about and patting yourself on the back about what some trivial magazine says about your city is just giving non-Californians more reason to see you as retarded.

We are an egocentric people. Putting snarky little comments in this thread in the guise that you don't care about its content is both hilarious and ironic.

Fuckface.

Monklish
12-09-2009, 10:25 PM

Thank you for pointing this out for me. It was sad enough when they were getting their reassurance from a Forbes IQ ranking, but then when it was doled out by some online rag named The Daily Beast... yeah... looks pretty dumb.

theburiedlife
12-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Did you even bother to look at the methodology behind the research?

EDIT: I did say it was quasi-arbitrary, but the percentage of diplomas and level of political engagement aren't too misguided as factors of relative intelligence of a city's (sp?) populace.

Monklish
12-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Yes, and it's fucking stupid. It's effectively a system in which they make up a score based on the following factors: what percentage of the populous have BA and grad degrees (weighted respectively), how many universities there are in the area, how many non-fiction books are sold, and how many people voted.

HAMMERHEAD
12-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Did you even bother to look at the methodology behind the research?

:rotfl yeah fucking right. baseless criticism is the name of the game here

theburiedlife
12-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes, and it's fucking stupid. It's effectively a system in which they make up a score based on the following factors: what percentage of the populous have BA and grad degrees (weighted respectively), how many universities there are in the area, how many non-fiction books are sold, and how many people voted.

Oh good Randy, I'm glad you just skimmed the forward without adding anything valuable of your own (calling it "fucking stupid", really doesn't count). Care to elaborate on a better strategy?

Monklish
12-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Sure: don't presume to be able to boil intelligence down into statistics that are quantifiable en masse through purchasing and voting habits and the proximity of fucking colleges. Ever occur to anyone that maybe a decent portion of the really smart grown-ups don't want to be near a bunch of collegiate yahoos and their fucking football games? Not to mention the fact that none of the smartest people I know ever seemed particularly keen on non-fiction books.

BROKENDOLL
12-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Again, trace it back to Serrano vs. Priest.
Obviously, for every retard in California, there's bound to be some hypo-educated nerd there to balance shit out. GO CALIFORNIA!

So, to recap:

God, just like your girlfriend, your self-righteousness gets in the way of your reading comprehension and you then twist my post around to suit another one of your lame attempts at an insult.
#1: My response to Thomas was a correction to his feeble attempt to copy my posting style. #2: If you were to ask Ron about a 2x4, I would most likely butt-in and answer for him, saying it would probably resemble the toothpick that you probably wake up with each day.
And, last, but not least...Suffacated acknowledged that you might have come from a sperm donor, I'm the one that stated that sample came from the curb. Geez...And, as far as HAMMERHEAD's post on your origin of birth, I came across this little gem that can generate MONKLISH into a Jersey Shore nickname... http://www.unlikelywords.com/2009/12/08/jersey-shore-nickname-generator/
Name: MONKLISH
Male: X
Female: NA
Fist Pump Button: Your Jersey Shore nickname is: The Tricep

So, with your current health situation, you won't even meet Jersey's standards...Go figure, Jackass.

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Sure: don't presume to be able to boil intelligence down into statistics that are quantifiable en masse through purchasing and voting habits and the proximity of fucking colleges. Ever occur to anyone that maybe a decent portion of the really smart grown-ups don't want to be near a bunch of collegiate yahoos and their fucking football games? Not to mention the fact that none of the smartest people I know ever seemed particularly keen on non-fiction books.

Although you have finally made a coherent criticism, you have still failed to provide an alternative method for analysis. We can address that later.

Most of the core of your problem is conjecture which seems to spawn from your perceived ability to tell (en masse) the underlying motives of your intellgent buddies and their motives for moving. Intelligence in itself is subjective, you would probably be the first one to acknowledge that. However, the failure to give credence to the level of political activism or percentage of college educated individual spells for a weak arguement which tries to provide a counter with no statistical backing. I'm not calling your arguement weak, but unfounded.

Besides, getting caught up in regional sports teams isn't exclusive of college communities, but you already knew that. The Bay Area has always been a hub of intellectualism due to is proximity to natural resources in the 19th century, which led to a trading boom in the 20th, and the rise of the post-industrial powerhouse of silicon valley, which is a major brain draw.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-10-2009, 06:43 AM
I don't think something can be quasi-arbitrary.

canexplain
12-10-2009, 06:54 AM
I don't think something can be quasi-arbitrary.

It's like near miss .... you either miss or you hit ... a near miss would mean you nearly missed it thus you hit it .... I am going to quit saying "just sayin", I heard that on a Sears commercial last night .... cr****

Monklish
12-10-2009, 07:00 AM
... Ron, based on how little sense you make I'm gonna have to ask just how many years you spent in California. Near miss means something should have gone wrong if not for a little bit of fortune.

captncrzy
12-10-2009, 07:09 AM
There is no other state or city in the world that would have some asshole at Chromeo screaming "L.A., Motherfuckers" while making an L and an A with his fingers.

Fucking cunts. The lot of you.

chairmenmeow47
12-10-2009, 07:12 AM
i take it MJA listens to NPR

malcolmjamalawesome
12-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Lol ... I do. Did NPR subconsciously sugget this thread?

chairmenmeow47
12-10-2009, 07:34 AM
ha ha ha, this chiuaua piece i heard on NPR last night and assumed you'd heard the same :p

canexplain
12-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Randy:

1. A narrowly avoided collision involving two or more aircraft, ships, boats, or motor vehicles.
2. A missile strike that is extremely close to but not directly on target.

Off the web of course. Then if a plane nearly misses another plane it missed it not nearly missed it.

I lived in Southern California for 3 years and off and on in Northern California for 5 years. Cr****

malcolmjamalawesome
12-10-2009, 07:41 AM
ha ha ha, this chiuaua piece i heard on NPR last night and assumed you'd heard the same :p

I think I saw it on Yahoo! or CNN and I was repulsed. These people who get a dog (or any pet) and then just change their minds and take it back (i.e. Ellen Degeneres) gross me out.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 07:41 AM
The "miss" in question isn't a miss of targeting, dude. It refers to an accident or other breach in safety.

canexplain
12-10-2009, 07:45 AM
The "miss" in question isn't a miss of targeting, dude. It refers to an accident or other breach in safety.

This site agrees with me although that doesn’t necessarily make me right. It’s a site for oxymorons. cr****

http://www.ethanwiner.com/oxymoron.html

Monklish
12-10-2009, 07:46 AM
That's not an oxymoron either. If anything it would be a contradiction in terms, but it's not even that, you're all just idiots. An oxymoron is a combination of two words that are by definition contrary. E.g. jumbo shrimp can accurately be called an oxymoron, but military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

chairmenmeow47
12-10-2009, 07:47 AM
I think I saw it on Yahoo! or CNN and I was repulsed. These people who get a dog (or any pet) and then just change their minds and take it back (i.e. Ellen Degeneres) gross me out.

i get more grossed out by people spending hundred or thousands of dollars on dogs when there are dogs in shelters across the country.

but i also think the whole practice of owning pets is a bit weird. off the topic of calicornia people sucking, i know :p

JebusLives
12-10-2009, 07:58 AM
As a total outsider who's never been to Fresno, I have to ask: why does everyone hate Fresno? It gets treated like the New Jersey of the west coast.

locachica73
12-10-2009, 08:01 AM
I have this dream of eventually moving to CA, once my kids move out and I can get a 1 bedroom condo close to a beach. You all are killing my dream.

humanoid
12-10-2009, 08:11 AM
don't let your dreams be crushed so easily

justinaqui
12-10-2009, 08:12 AM
i get more grossed out by people spending hundred or thousands of dollars on dogs when there are dogs in shelters across the country.

but i also think the whole practice of owning pets is a bit weird. off the topic of calicornia people sucking, i know :p

Holy shit I read this as "hundreds of thousands" and thought there was some kind of magic dog that costs $200,000.

locachica73
12-10-2009, 08:15 AM
don't let your dreams be crushed so easily

lol, it won't be, I live in Phoenix, we have our fair share of douchbags, Scottsdale is full of them, yet we have no beach. California wins.

humanoid
12-10-2009, 08:19 AM
lol, it won't be, I live in Phoenix, we have our fair share of douchbags, Scottsdale is full of them, yet we have no beach. California wins.

I have yet to visit a state that doesn't contain it's fair share of douchebags

malcolmjamalawesome
12-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Right, but some states seem to have an unfair share of douchebags.

Mammoth85
12-10-2009, 10:54 AM
eskamo is an alias, right? His name is one letter off from eskimo and he's asking about how to stay warm in the snow...

That made me laugh too.

BROKENDOLL
12-10-2009, 12:11 PM
It's like near miss .... you either miss or you hit ... a near miss would mean you nearly missed it thus you hit it .... I am going to quit saying "just sayin", I heard that on a Sears commercial last night .... cr****
One moment, please. I think I just had a near miss and need to re-read this again...:rolleyes

I lived in Southern California for 3 years and off and on in Northern California for 5 years. Cr****
Okay, that explains it! It was the 5 years in Northern California...Am I right guessing it was close to the Humbolt area, Ron?

There is no other state or city in the world that would have some asshole at Chromeo screaming "L.A., Motherfuckers" while making an L and an A with his fingers.

It figures you'd be the douchebag to tell us this. Guess what? Seriously, stay in Phoenix cuz California doesn't care what you think, captncrzy!

As a total outsider who's never been to Fresno, I have to ask: why does everyone hate Fresno? It gets treated like the New Jersey of the west coast.
I'm guessing that may have to do with
UNCLE SAM...

captncrzy
12-10-2009, 12:14 PM
This message is hidden because BROKENDOLL is on your ignore list.

canexplain
12-10-2009, 12:31 PM
BD, no it was Pacifica (south of SF on hwy 1) and La Habra (south of LA) ... two very different places they were .... cr****

BROKENDOLL
12-10-2009, 12:37 PM
This message is hidden because BROKENDOLL is on your ignore list.

It figures you'd be the douchebag to tell us this. Guess what? Seriously, stay in Phoenix cuz California doesn't care what you think, captncrzy!

Would somebody from California please quote me because I'd really, really like her to see it...Thanks!

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 01:18 PM

I'd like to say that's about it's about as fair to associate Californians with LA as it is to associate Texans with Austin.

This may prove shocking, but not all of us want to be unjustly grouped with the demographic comprising the latest MTV reality shows.

...tear.

humanoid
12-10-2009, 01:21 PM
I'd like to say that's about it's about as fair to associate Californians with LA as it is to associate Texans with Austin.

This may prove shocking, but not all of us want to be unjustly grouped with the demographic comprising the latest MTV reality shows.

...tear.

this is not true, I look to MTV reality shows for inspiration in all facets of my life

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Well, to be fair, they are almost squarely set in your county.

paulthomasanderson
12-10-2009, 01:24 PM
this is not true, I look to MTV reality shows for inspiration in all facets of my life

California needs its own "Jersey Shore" on the air...

http://media.al.com/scenesource/photo/jersey-shorejpg-4b8023e4f273b355_large.jpg

http://www.tvguide.com/news/best-quotes-jersey-1012833.aspx?rss=breakingnews&partnerid=yahoo&profileid=tv2

humanoid
12-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Well, to be fair, they are almost squarely set in your county.

first, I was completely joking...

I don't watch "reality shows"

which are you referring to? I don't pay attention to that crap

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 01:32 PM
first, I was completely joking...

I don't watch "reality shows"

which are you referring to? I don't pay attention to that crap

Despite sarcasm being more difficult to convey over text I assure you it wasn't lost on me.

Well besides the fictional series of The OC awhile back, Real Housewives has a division set up in the OC. The Hills is set in LA, as well as other 'reality' shows on E. But for the sake of not appearing interested in such material, I'm not going to elaborate.

humanoid
12-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Despite sarcasm being more difficult to convey over text I assure you it wasn't lost on me.

But for the sake of not appearing interested in such material, I'm not going to elaborate.

ok, just wanted to be clear....some people have diminished sarcasm recognition skills

and it's probably for the best

malcolmjamalawesome
12-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Would somebody from California please quote me because I'd really, really like her to see it...Thanks!

LOL CALI PRIDE

Suffacated
12-10-2009, 01:55 PM
C-Town mo fo...

ELECtROjan
12-10-2009, 02:42 PM
California needs its own "Jersey Shore" on the air...

http://media.al.com/scenesource/photo/jersey-shorejpg-4b8023e4f273b355_large.jpg

http://www.tvguide.com/news/best-quotes-jersey-1012833.aspx?rss=breakingnews&partnerid=yahoo&profileid=tv2

we did. it was awful
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/raim0007/gwss3307_fall2007/TheHillsSoundtrackPackShot.jpg

paulthomasanderson
12-10-2009, 02:49 PM
How could I forget.....yes, California's responsible for bringing this into the world:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGqSz0_L72k&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGqSz0_L72k&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:rolleyes

JustSteve
12-10-2009, 03:30 PM
didn't know california could get you pregnant/become pregnant.

and according to the internets we have colorado to thank for her...

Young blood
12-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Its a great video if you hit the mute button.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 03:36 PM
didn't know california could get you pregnant/become pregnant.

and according to the internets we have colorado to thank for her...

She would never have gotten famous in Colorado.

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 03:55 PM
She would never have gotten famous in Colorado.

Curious, does anyone get their start in Colorado?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-10-2009, 03:57 PM

The Fray and Colorado Ron.

paulthomasanderson
12-10-2009, 04:55 PM
This guy too.

http://media.nowpublic.net/images//ca/6/ca6634b444c5b2346ff81e624020b51d.jpg

Monklish
12-10-2009, 04:58 PM

Maybe the world's a better place when any annoying blond idiot can't get a fucking career out of nowhere.

paulthomasanderson
12-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Maybe the world's a better place when any annoying blond idiot can't get a fucking career out of nowhere.

Ah man, I didn't see this one coming...

http://rhml.lib.mo.us/Phil%20A/images/anakin1.jpg

Colorado's finest.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Better casting than Hayden Christensen.

Consider that argument fucking won.

Devin the Dude
12-10-2009, 05:06 PM
i lub u cariformia.

Young blood
12-10-2009, 05:23 PM
We come here to fucking party and die.

http://www.yborfilmfestival.com/2007/include/images/f__k_still_hunter_thompson_small.jpg

This place is amazing. Do not ever come here. Do not ever stay here. We are better off with out you here. And most of all.....never compare us to fucking California.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 05:27 PM
The man has a pretty solid point--if HST approves, who the fuck can argue?

menikmati
12-10-2009, 05:28 PM
The weather in Colorado sucks, just sayin.

Young blood
12-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Oh, and our weed gets the cover of February high times. Gooooood stuff.

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 05:36 PM
We come here to fucking party and die.

http://www.yborfilmfestival.com/2007/include/images/f__k_still_hunter_thompson_small.jpg

This place is amazing. Do not ever come here. Do not ever stay here. We are better off with out you here. And most of all.....never compare us to fucking California.

HST lived a substantial amount of his writing career in California If history serves me. He just went to Colorado to die.

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Oh, and our weed gets the cover of February high times. Gooooood stuff.

Ok, stop right there. Emerald Triangle bud > Colorado bud.

Young blood
12-10-2009, 05:39 PM
HST lived a substantial amount of his writing career in California If history serves me. He just went to Colorado to die.

Wrong. The birth of gonzo was here. The hells angles broke him and he moved here.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 05:40 PM

He moved the whole family to Colorado in 67. He moved because he couldn't stand the thought of his child growing up somewhere where people were stupid enough to say things like, "If history serves me," especially about subjects they clearly know barely anything about.

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm being facetious when I say "went to die", but I am right about his career with the National Observer in California.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm being phececious when I say "went to die", but I am right about his career with the National Observer in California.

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 05:45 PM
He moved the whole family to Colorado in 67. He moved because he couldn't stand the thought of his child growing up somewhere where people were stupid enough to say things like, "If history serves me," especially about subjects they clearly know barely anything about.

Hey Randy, try and be useful here. J$$ at least knows how to not look like an uncouth fuckwit when he is adding to the conversation.

Young blood
12-10-2009, 05:45 PM

hahahahahahahaa

A Thread About Why Californians Seem Retarded To Non-Californians

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Gah fuck, facetious. You win.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 05:48 PM
What's great about this thread is since Californians can't stop themselves from defending their state, they provide us with numerous recurring arguments to help us explain our position. We don't even have to do anything. They just stroll in, being all phececious and getting served by history.

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Since when did you provide any historical facts contradicting anything I've stated.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 05:50 PM
... you mean besides the whole fact that he moved the family to Woody Creek in 67?

Monklish
12-10-2009, 05:51 PM
I wasn't aware that I really needed to provide more proof that he didn't just move there to die besides the part where I point out how he lived the majority of his live there.

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Obviously since you are incapable of taking things in jest I can spell it out for you. He didn't physically move to Colorado to die, but that is the last state in which he lived in. Jesus fucking christ you try and pick little parts out of these statements and for arguments sake expound bullshit to get a rouse. Well it's working.

paulthomasanderson
12-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Bring back the California hippie love please.

http://static.open.salon.com/files/hippies-11238819962.jpg

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 05:58 PM
... you mean besides the whole fact that he moved the family to Woody Creek in 67?

That doesn't contradict my statement. I said he lived a substantial (meaning significant) portion of his career in California, writing his controversial peice about Big Sur and the work he did for Hells Angels.

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Bring back the California hippie love please.

http://static.open.salon.com/files/hippies-11238819962.jpg

That's Randy's department. Refer to the "Is there a God?" thread.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 06:03 PM
That doesn't contradict my statement. I said he lived a substantial (meaning significant) portion of his career in California, writing his controversial peice about Big Sur and the work he did for Hells Angels.

Okay, the reason I didn't bother to write a more detailed explanation of why this is not a valid stance is that you clearly have absolutely fucking zero understanding of his career. Hells Angels was the beginning of his stardom. Pretty much all his substantial works were written after that, when he was living in Colorado.

This is one of those times you should really just shut up because you're proving the point of this thread more and more with your refusal to accept that you don't know much.

paulthomasanderson
12-10-2009, 06:03 PM
That's Randy's department. Refer to the "Is there a God?" thread.

Well fuck you too then. :nono

Pixiessp
12-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Be nice to California. After all, it gave you Coachella.

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Okay, the reason I didn't bother to write a more detailed explanation of why this is not a valid stance is that you clearly have absolutely fucking zero understanding of his career. Hells Angels was the beginning of his stardom. Pretty much all his substantial works were written after that, when he was living in Colorado.

Right, which is why his initial fame with Hells Angels is significant. Well done.

Monklish
12-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Right, which is why his initial fame with Hells Angels is significant. Well done.

Yup. So significant he had to leave immediately to make all his money and become a literary icon.

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Yup. So significant he had to leave immediately to make all his money and become a literary icon.

Well anyone in their right mind would do the same if they received a beat down at the hand of the Angels. The publishing gave him that ability to really expand his following after he left for Colorado.

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 06:16 PM

That post is perfect paired with PTA's picture right above it.

canexplain
12-10-2009, 06:23 PM
I heard this on the radio on the way home but I couldn't find it online yet. There is a new "cafe" opening here that sells normal food for lunch and dinner except everything has MMJ in it lolz. They advertise they will even give you a free ride home if "dinner" was a bit much. I don't know if that is normal for California, but it is the first one here I know of :) cr****

Monklish
12-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Well anyone in their right mind would do the same if they received a beat down at the hand of the Angels. The publishing gave him that ability to really expand his following after he left for Colorado.

Whatever, moron. Go be vecesious to somebody else. I'm sure history will serve you.

paulthomasanderson
12-10-2009, 06:25 PM
That post is perfect paired with PTA's picture right above it.

You know what blonde is? You must value life so much to spend it arguing over drivel. Now watch me get "flamed" for saying such a thing.

theburiedlife
12-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Whatever, moron. Go be vecesious to somebody else. I'm sure history will serve you.

Your posts have sound and fury, and signify nothing.

BROKENDOLL
12-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Be nice to California. After all, it gave you Coachella.
:thu And, there you have it!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/MY%20CREATIVE%20MIND/Half-foldCard2.jpg

TallGuyCM
12-10-2009, 10:56 PM
There is a new "cafe" opening here that sells normal food for lunch and dinner except everything has MMJ in it lolz.

?????

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/blog/mymorningjacket.jpg

BROKENDOLL
12-11-2009, 12:43 AM
I heard this on the radio on the way home but I couldn't find it online yet. There is a new "cafe" opening here that sells normal food for lunch and dinner except everything has MMJ in it lolz. They advertise they will even give you a free ride home if "dinner" was a bit much. I don't know if that is normal for California, but it is the first one here I know of :) cr****
Okay, let's make a deal!
The next non-Californian that wants to come along and say that Californians seem retarded, can do so....ON ONE CONDITION...They first have to explain and decipher Ron's post for me...then we'll talk.

?????
http://www.boston.com/ae/music/blog/mymorningjacket.jpg
Well, that's reassuring...TallGuy doesn't know what he's talking about either! LOL

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Okay, let's make a deal!
The next non-Californian that wants to come along and say that Californians seem retarded, can do so....ON ONE CONDITION...They first have to explain and decipher Ron's post for me...then we'll talk.

http://stash.norml.org/first-a-cannabis-cafe-in-oregon-now-a-ganja-gourmet-restaurant-in-colorado-but-are-they-medical

BROKENDOLL
12-11-2009, 01:10 AM

http://stash.norml.org/first-a-cannabis-cafe-in-oregon-now-a-ganja-gourmet-restaurant-in-colorado-but-are-they-medical
Dammit,Ron! Couldn't you have just said "a quaint little Medical Marijuana Dispensary, that not only medicates you, but feeds you, and provides transportation home after the party," instead of making me look like one of the Retarded ones here in California? :rolleyes

tessalasset
12-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Ah man, I didn't see this one coming...

http://rhml.lib.mo.us/Phil%20A/images/anakin1.jpg

Colorado's finest.

LtkM2JPcHPo

Devin the Dude
12-11-2009, 01:21 AM
dgaf star wars in all forms.

disgustipated
12-11-2009, 04:53 AM

You'd like to but you can't. I'm willing to bet you've never stepped foot in Texas, much less Austin.

Dallas is less 'Texan' than Austin. San Diego is less 'Californian' than L.A.

canexplain
12-11-2009, 05:02 AM
Tnx theburiedlife I thought everyone used the term MMJ. cr****

fatbastard
12-11-2009, 05:12 AM
:thu And, there you have it!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/MY%20CREATIVE%20MIND/Half-foldCard2.jpg

I walked around the field last weekend. Guys were riding horses around the parking lots. It's hard to imagine that something so beautiful gets thrashed a few days out of the year.

Monklish
12-11-2009, 05:40 AM
Your posts have sound and fury, and signify nothing.

Way to paraphrase Shakespeare and sound like an idiot in the process, dipshit.

canexplain
12-11-2009, 05:51 AM
And happy Friday to you too Randy. Any weekend plans? cr****

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 09:41 AM
You'd like to but you can't. I'm willing to bet you've never stepped foot in Texas, much less Austin.

Dallas is less 'Texan' than Austin. San Diego is less 'Californian' than L.A.

...and you would be wrong.

Way to paraphrase Shakespeare and sound like an idiot in the process, dipshit.

QED

kitt kat
12-11-2009, 10:05 AM
WHAT'S WRONG WITH CALIFORNIA: Everything in the middle.

humanoid
12-11-2009, 11:01 AM
WHAT'S WRONG WITH CALIFORNIA: Everything in the middle.

if you're speaking specifically of the strip of cities along the 5 and 99 and the agricultural nothingness in central California, then you're correct...but Yosemite, King's Canyon, The Sierras, Big Sur, Montana de Oro, and many other fantastic places are rather centrally located (yes, i know they're on the easterly and westerly edges of Central California, but no one speaks of Eastern and Western California)

Monklish
12-11-2009, 11:09 AM
QED

You don't understand what that means or how it's supposed to be used either. Seriously, you need to tone down the imitations of intelligence. It's just sad at this point.

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 11:29 AM
You don't understand what that means or how it's supposed to be used either. Seriously, you need to tone down the imitations of intelligence. It's just sad at this point.

"To signify that the last statement deduced was the one to be demonstrated."

Now just shut the fuck up unless you want to post something worth reading.

EDIT: Predominantly used to complete proofs in mathematics, but in your case, to reinforce the notion that you appear vapid and useless in the majority of threads on this board.

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 11:57 AM
LtkM2JPcHPo

Wow, he seems a little unhinged.

Monklish
12-11-2009, 12:05 PM
"To signify that the last statement deduced was the one to be demonstrated."

Now just shut the fuck up unless you want to post something worth reading.

EDIT: Predominantly used to complete proofs in mathematics, but in your case, to reinforce the notion that you appear vapid and useless in the majority of threads on this board.

See, you have no idea how it's supposed to be properly used. Explain how QED applies to me stating that you look like an idiot when you embarrass yourself trying to quote Shakespeare. It would actually have a much more valid application if I tagged your posts with it as proof of the thread title.

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 12:15 PM
See, you have no idea how it's supposed to be properly used. Explain how QED applies to me stating that you look like an idiot when you embarrass yourself trying to quote Shakespeare. It would actually have a much more valid application if I tagged your posts with it as proof of the thread title.

So what that post basically amounts to is that the usage of QED in the same fashion is only applicable when you aren't being quoted. How insightful.

If I was to quote Macbeth accurately I would include the entire soliloquy.

"Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

Instead however, I included a portion of it to convey to you to cease the incessant bullshit.

chairmenmeow47
12-11-2009, 12:18 PM
come on guys, everyone knows that QED refers to the report christina applegate had to work on in "don't tell mom the babysitters dead".

tessalasset
12-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Wow, he seems a little unhinged.
pretty much every recent interview you find of him is super super awkward. hopefully he'll grow out of it.

Devin the Dude
12-11-2009, 12:31 PM
no way man. the kid's goin down the wrong path. i seen him just yesterday at jessie's place. boy was he a mess.

paulthomasanderson
12-11-2009, 12:35 PM
LtkM2JPcHPo

"It's for children." God bless you. We are all glad you never looked back.

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 12:35 PM
pretty much every recent interview you find of him is super super awkward. hopefully he'll grow out of it.

Hopefully. It's really sad to see the overexposed and jaded child-star cliche turn into a reality.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-11-2009, 12:36 PM
I've heard put down the visor and raise your head, if they can't ID you, no ticket...

(You would have to say someone else was driving your car, I guess)

Here's one.

canexplain
12-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I have been defending the California people but I have to say they can't drive for shit in the snow. cr****

Monklish
12-11-2009, 12:42 PM
So what that post basically amounts to is that the usage of QED in the same fashion is only applicable when you aren't being quoted. How insightful.

If I was to quote Macbeth accurately I would include the entire soliloquy.

Instead however, I included a portion of it to convey to you to cease the incessant bullshit.

You miss the point yet again. I wasn't giving you shit for paraphrasing. I was giving you shit because the quote doesn't really apply. What Shakespeare was talking about with that line was the tendency of life to seem like a poorly written play, loaded down with dramatics and the metaphorical equivalent of special effects with no real substance beneath it. Not literally "sound and fury," which is what you meant in reference to me, you goddamn twit.

In fact it would be better applied to you as you keep trotting out 50 cent words and literary allusions to try and prove your point but you don't understand what they really mean so there's no meat to it.

QED is something you put at the end of a series of logic arguments to indicate the last argument that proves the thesis. Me pointing out that you don't understand the very Shakespeare you're trying to use isn't QED does not qualify as one, you see, unless you're trying to prove my case for me.

come on guys, everyone knows that QED refers to the report christina applegate had to work on in "don't tell mom the babysitters dead".

Funny, I remember that.

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 12:43 PM
I have been defending the California people but I have to say they can't drive for shit in the snow. cr****

Aww come on now Ron, you have to cut 'em a brake. Not a ton of snow falls on California's big cities.

canexplain
12-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Aww come on now Ron, you have to cut 'em a brake. Not a ton of snow falls on California's big cities.

Yea I know. When I lived in El Paso they once closed the schools down because it snowed an inch lolz ..... cr****

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 12:53 PM
What Shakespeare was talking about with that line was the tendency of life to seem like a poorly written play, loaded down with dramatics and the metaphorical equivalent of special effects with no real substance beneath it. Not literally "sound and fury," which is what you meant in reference to me.

I meant sound and fury in reference to your characterize your average post, boisterous and lacking any value. The fact that you cant conclude that on your own is evidence of you trying to skew my arguement towards the literal translation of the play. Don't worry I got it, we all read high school literature, but that still isn't what I meant

QED is something you put at the end of a series of logic arguments to indicate the last argument that proves the thesis. Me pointing out that you don't understand the very Shakespeare you're trying to use isn't QED does not qualify as one, you see, unless you're trying to prove my case for me.

I acknowledged that, my arguement wasn't philosophical nor scientific in nature. My initial assertion was that your posts contain nothing of meaning (other than poor attempts to slander and demean), and thus logically are meaningless. In the next post you reiterated the typical "You're a dumbfuck" nonsense and substantiated my initial claim.

Monklish
12-11-2009, 12:55 PM
... you're in a thread trying to prove that you're not a dumbfuck. The topic of the thread is how people from your state are dumbfucks. If you can't wrap your head around how me pointing out that you're a dumbfuck is entirely relevant, well...

QED

Monklish
12-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Snow is evil.

snow is not evil.

snow is moderately evil, i think we can all agree.

No we can't. Snow is fucking great.

but you also have to admit, it has a certain level of evilness to it. it can freeze you, it can lock you in your hause, etc.

http://bighugelabs.com/output/motivatorfd19596c9e2ea6cdaf78df35f5eb11262a50d51d. jpg

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 01:05 PM
... you're in a thread trying to prove that you're not a dumbfuck. The topic of the thread is how people from your state are dumbfucks. If you can't wrap your head around how me pointing out that you're a dumbfuck is entirely relevant, well...

QED

I'm attempting to tell people like you that generalization are unfair, but you refuse to acknowledge the variety of the people within the state. You resort to the typical fashion of insults rather than actually contributing something of value.

I called you out on it, you returned to insulting rather than discussing how absurd it is to characterize an entire populace. You make yourself look more obsessed with slinging mud than constructing any post of worth. I made my point clear and you unintentionally backed it. If you're the only one "pointing out" people as dumbfucks, then maybe it should only be confined to opinion, and not a relevant issue.

Chaplipman
12-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Haaa

Monklish
12-11-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm attempting to tell people like you that generalization are unfair, but you refuse to acknowledge the variety of the people within the state. You resort to the typical fashion of insults rather than actually contributing something of value.

I called you out on it, you returned to insulting rather than discussing how absurd it is to characterize an entire populace. You make yourself look more obsessed with slinging mud than constructing any post of worth. I made my point clear and you unintentionally backed it. If you're the only one "pointing out" people as dumbfucks, then maybe it should only be confined to opinion, and not a relevant issue.

I didn't start the thread, so I don't see how I'm the only out pointing it out.

QED, yet again.

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 01:09 PM
I didn't start the thread, so I don't see how I'm the only out pointing it out.

QED, yet again.

Pointing out individuals to make generalizations. Jesus should I hold your hand through every arguement? Come on now, you are a big adult. Act like one.

Monklish
12-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Pointing out individuals to make generalizations. Jesus should I hold your hand through every arguement? Come on now, you are a big adult. Act like one.

Argument. QED

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Argument. QED

Oh fuck off. If it isn't apparent already I don't spellcheck more than I should.

EDIT: I give up, he is trying to distract from the initial message that this threads claim attests to his initial ignorance about the varying intellects of people within a society, because it is easier for him operate on generalizations. Randy is already the champion of argumentation outside of logic, which is why whenever he is confronted with a logical assertion he diverts the topic into a grandiose game of spellcheck.

Monklish
12-11-2009, 01:22 PM
"argumentation outside of logic."

paulthomasanderson
12-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Anyways...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bo-Y_Vb0wsw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bo-Y_Vb0wsw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 01:29 PM
"argumentation outside of logic."

Yes, outside the boundaries of logic. Now go look for Jesus you fucking knob.

Monklish
12-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Right. There is no such thing as argumentation without logic. "Argumentation" is using logical and reasoned steps to deduce answers. "Argumentation outside of logic" makes about as much sense as "water outside of hydrogen."

TommyboyUNM
12-11-2009, 01:31 PM

Stop putting a damper on the tongue-in-cheek nature of this thread, you literal asshole.

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Right. There is no such thing as argumentation without logic. "Argumentation" is using logical and reasoned steps to deduce answers. "Argumentation outside of logic" makes about as much sense as "water outside of hydrogen."

Argumentation is defined by logic, which is why when you try and argue without it (like you did in the previous thread), you make yourself seem absurd.

algunz
"argumentation" That's a funny word. :thu

I'm the first to admit that most Californians are dumb. I'll even declare that most Americans are fucking idiots.

theburiedlife
Stop putting a damper on the tongue-in-cheek nature of this thread, you literal asshole.

*Points finger at Randy* He started it!

paulthomasanderson
12-11-2009, 01:37 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/32i4vBGNIBw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/32i4vBGNIBw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

LAX. I love you California.

Monklish
12-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Arguing and argumentation are not the same thing. All I try to do is urge you to only use terms and references that you understand so that you don't look foolish. Hilariously, no matter how many times I do this and accompany it with mockery of your constant misuse and misspelling of college words, you just keep throwing more of them out there.

Were California not retarded, you might take my advice and just stop, if only to strengthen your position by taking away my primary point of attack. Or even better yet, perhaps you could employ this marvelous thing in front of you called THE FUCKING INTERNET and spend two seconds visiting dictionary.com so you don't misuse them.

But no. You don't take the advice and you don't actually strive to not look like an idiot. This is why you and your people are pathetic.

TommyboyUNM
12-11-2009, 01:40 PM
*Points finger at Randy* He started it!

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Stop whining about generalizations. It's a fact of life. Without generalizations, we couldn't make fun of Jews or Blacks. And I don't want to live in that kind of world.

Devin the Dude
12-11-2009, 01:48 PM
aww i wish you didn't block me we could make fun of non-latinos together.

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 01:48 PM
But no. You don't take the advice and you don't actually strive to not look like an idiot. This is why you and your people are pathetic.

Arguing involves asserting reason for a stance which is taken, reason usually requires logic to support it. Not too far of a stretch.

If we all took your advice we would wind up in rehab centers with delusions of self-worth. Speaking of which, I hope Colorado is nicer about chapter 11 bankruptcy than California, did all the paperwork go through or did you back out of the whole ordeal? Maybe, in fact, we shouldn't listen to your ludicrous squabbling.

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Sorry, I wasn't clear. Stop whining about generalizations. It's a fact of life. Without generalizations, we couldn't make fun of Jews or Blacks. And I don't want to live in that kind of world.

Yeah I guess you're right. Randy was bitching about me labeling him a hippie earlier so when I take up the fight against generalizations he suddenly deems it appropriate.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
12-11-2009, 01:50 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/12/wurst.jpg

Monklish
12-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Don't have the foggiest clue what you're referring to. Didn't declare bankruptcy nor do I live in Colorado. You don't retain shit.

Also, the meaning of arguing you were going for was the second one. Instead you picked the meaning that is synonymous with its derivative sense in argumentation. That's the only way your previous statement makes any sense. You're a fucking retard.

Monklish
12-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Amended to include an awesome complete reversal of his position. Californians are not only retarded, they are also apparently spineless:

Snow is evil.

snow is not evil.

snow is moderately evil, i think we can all agree.

I agree.

No we can't. Snow is fucking great.

but you also have to admit, it has a certain level of evilness to it. it can freeze you, it can lock you in your hause, etc.

alright fine you guys win snow is admittedly awesome!

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Don't have the foggiest clue what you're referring to. Didn't declare bankruptcy nor do I live in Colorado. You don't retain shit.

So that entire thread you started awhile back about bankruptcy law was purely out of a natural inquiry unrelated to your finances? Curious.

Also, the meaning of arguing you were going for was the second one. Instead you picked the meaning that is synonymous with its derivative sense in argumentation. That's the only way your previous statement makes any sense.

You presume too much. I stated that you lacked logic in your argumentation, which then shouldn't be labeled as such (rather, garbage is more applicable). Arguing without reason or logic just amounts to you looking like a twat.

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 01:59 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/12/wurst.jpg

Worst. Tool kit. Ever.

EDIT: ...or best. Lunchbox. Ever.

Devin the Dude
12-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Amended to include an awesome complete reversal of his position. Californians are not only retarded, they are also apparently spineless:

have i ever been one to deny your insults?

i am, in fact, retarded. this would probably explain a lot to you folks.

Monklish
12-11-2009, 02:05 PM
So that entire thread you started awhile back about bankruptcy law was purely out of a natural inquiry unrelated to your finances? Curious.

You presume too much. I stated that you lacked logic in your argumentation, which then shouldn't be labeled as such (rather, garbage is more applicable). Arguing without reason or logic just amounts to you looking like a twat.

... ignore. Too stupid.

Devin the Dude
12-11-2009, 02:08 PM
ME NEXT!

(let me back in the social group meanie)

theburiedlife
12-11-2009, 02:08 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/32i4vBGNIBw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/32i4vBGNIBw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

LAX. I love you California.

This is recent?

paulthomasanderson
12-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Within the past 2 days I believe.

EDIT: Last night.

Monklish
12-11-2009, 02:12 PM
ME NEXT!

(let me back in the social group meanie)

I'd like to put you on ignore, but the material for this thread you provide is just invaluable.

canexplain
12-11-2009, 02:32 PM
You two have looked all day like when I post something and Tomaz wants to comment on it. I could say that puppies are mammals or women are the greatest gift from god to men and he would jump on it and say something. Sometimes you just have to let it go. cr****

TommyboyUNM
12-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Did you just compare women to brainless, emotionless objects, Ron?

I think Ron just called all women "sex dolls."

canexplain
12-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Did you just compare women to brainless, emotionless objects, Ron?

I think Ron just called all women "sex dolls."

lolz cr*****

Shredder
12-11-2009, 03:50 PM
theburiedlife vs. randy has brought conclusion to something that I had only speculated on.

A reason why californians seem retarded to non-californians: They have no real pride about where they are from and, for the most part, abhor it until said state is brought under verbal fire.

humanoid
12-11-2009, 04:07 PM
theburiedlife vs. randy has brought conclusion to something that I had only speculated on.

A reason why californians seem retarded to non-californians: They have no real pride about where they are from and, for the most part, abhor it until said state is brought under verbal fire.

do people in other states really have pride in the state they live in that's clearly different than Californians? Aside from New Yorkers, I've never really encountered this to a quantifiable degree

I enjoy California, but realize there are plenty of ridiculous people here...who cares????

I've driven across the country several times in my life and have come to the conclusion that each state is simply full of different types of douchebags

Monklish
12-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Actually he has a point. One of the weirdest things about Cali is that Californians never like to entertain the notion that Cali sucks. In almost any other place people are generally like, "Yeah, this place kinda sucks, but I like x y z. Still sucks though." But in Cali no one wants to admit that Californians are douchebags, which is remarkable 'cause they're by far the douchiest state.

humanoid
12-11-2009, 04:21 PM
most people I know suck, no argument here

humanoid
12-11-2009, 04:22 PM
and yes, I live in Orange County, there is no shortage of suckage

Shredder
12-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Actually he has a point. One of the weirdest things about Cali is that Californians never like to entertain the notion that Cali sucks. In almost any other place people are generally like, "Yeah, this place kinda sucks, but I like x y z. Still sucks though." But in Cali no one wants to admit that Californians are douchebags, which is remarkable 'cause they're by far the douchiest state.

Don't forget the inner structure battle: every city in CA hates the other city that you're talking about and if you go to the city they're talking about, that city hates another one just as much.

bmack86
12-11-2009, 04:40 PM
No, that's definitely true. Most Californians can go to hell. But, so can most Texans and most New Yorkers and everyone from Georgia and Parisians. Because most people suck, really, when we get right down to it.

Shredder
12-11-2009, 04:44 PM
No, that's definitely true. Most Californians can go to hell. But, so can most Texans and most New Yorkers and everyone from Georgia and Parisians. Because most people suck, really, when we get right down to it.

we can all pretty much go to hell. it's the human condition after all.

Monklish
12-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Also it's pompous bullshit that you can't abbreviate San Francisco.

FRISCO, FAGGOTS.

humanoid
12-11-2009, 04:53 PM
I hope hell has an infinitely expandable capacity, it sounds like it's going to be crowded

Shredder
12-11-2009, 04:55 PM
If you buy into the facade, you're already in hell

humanoid
12-11-2009, 04:57 PM
I don't

Pixiessp
12-11-2009, 04:58 PM

You are definitely right about the Parisians.

Shredder
12-11-2009, 04:59 PM
I imagine hell will look a lot like the board. A lot of new people joining everyday and trying to start up a conversation disregarding the possibility of said topic being brought up the prior day. The people that have been here the longest will try and rally troops for their own entertainment and those of us who "don't get it yet" will continue to play into the circular logic and irrelevant new comer comments.

Pixiessp
12-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Just for the record. I don't actually live on or near the River Euphrates. But I think you already know that.
I live in Ventura County and we are lovely people.

paulthomasanderson
12-11-2009, 05:02 PM
and yes, I live in Orange County, there is no shortage of suckage

I have witnessed this and been violated in the process of investigating it.

Shredder
12-11-2009, 05:03 PM
I have witnessed this and been violated in the process of investigating it.

was it at a vandals show?

Monklish
I lived in Ventura County, it was fucking terrible.

paulthomasanderson
was it at a vandals show?

If that's the best you can suggest then I'll just say you're miles off...VIOLATED people.

Shredder
12-11-2009, 05:04 PM
I lived in Ventura County, it was fucking terrible.

when a county has a collective commerce bedtime of 10:30pm, it does have it's limits

Pixiessp
12-11-2009, 05:13 PM
I never said I enjoyed the lack of culture or lack of shows. It beats the pretentiousness of Santa Barbara though.

Santa Barbara= beautiful beaches, beautiful people,rich pretentious snobs.

Ventura= nice beaches,cute people,rich hippies.

LA= great music shows,dirty overcrowded beaches,rich vacuous botoxed gremlins.

You can't win.