PDA

View Full Version : Help Andrew with homework (please)

bballarl
02-19-2007, 10:22 PM
I need to turn in a introductory paragraph and outline tomorrow for the 15-20 page essay I have to do about the Korean War. The issue is, while I found sources, I have not actually acquired said sources from the library. I need help with a good way to go about the paragraph, as well as what direction to go in in terms of bullshitting the outline. Thanks.

bballarl
02-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Note: the paper isn't due till April. Which is why I haven't started it yet.

gaypalmsprings
02-19-2007, 10:33 PM
maybe u can buy a paper on ebay

Cpt. Funkaho
02-20-2007, 01:05 AM
15-20 page paper on the Korean War? Opening paragraph and outline by tomorrow? No problem. It would be really helpful if you had a direction you were going in; the Korean War is super general without some kind of focus...

I'm going to pick a pretty general focus; you can refine later if you want.

Opening Paragraph:
After the conclusion of the second World War, the United States and the Soviet Union established zones of occupation in the formerly united nation of Korea. Due to the fundamental differences in the occupying nations' philosophies of government, the zones of occupation quickly turned into two countries whose governments mirrored those of their occupying nation. The relationship between the two Korean halves deteriorated through the late 1940s and erupted in all-out war on June 25, 1950. This declaration of war set the stage for a conflict which, with its philosophical battles, outside intervention, and guerrilla tactics, would become the precedent for a new kind of war.

In case you aren't sure, the focus of the main essay will be on Korea as a model for following conflicts like Vietnam, Bosnia/Herzegovinia, Iraq. Organizers (which you should develop on in detail) are:

1. Philosohical differences. (the trick is that this isn't actually modern at all; all wars are fought over philosophical differences) In this case it's communism vs. republic; compare/contrast to Vietnam and Iraq (Sunnis vs. Shiites) especially.

2. Outside intervention. This is the biggest one. Korea was the first war in which the UN played a major role, and it kind of drew up the rules for UN involvement in conflicts. You can write five pages on this organizer alone.

3. Guerilla tactics. This one plays into Vietnam and Iraq especially well. Do research; I'm not that well-versed on Korean tactics.

Okay, hope that helps.

boarderwoozel3
02-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Go for #1. You can talk for ever about philosohical differences. Cover both sides in depth and then compare/contrast etc.

breakjaw
02-20-2007, 05:17 AM
Find an old MASH script online.You'll get originality points.