PDA

View Full Version : Upside Down: The Story of Creation Records out next year

stuporfly
12-06-2009, 07:42 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/1zqvr0p.gif

The trailer can be seen here (http://www.creation-records.com/blog/2009/11/new-trailer-for-upside-down-documentary/).

I'm kinda surprised it took this long to happen, actually. Some of the label's best bands (Ride, Teenage Fanclub, Super Furry Animals, the Boo Radleys) weren't terribly scandalous, so they might get short shrift in the final cut. But still, that leaves the Jesus & Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine, Primal Scream and the always entertaining Oasis.

I met Alan McGee at Coachella in 2008. He was dressed to the nines, but had the limpest handshake I've ever been on the receiving end of.

Between this and the Blur documentary, early 2010 is shaping up to be a big thrill for Anglophile music nerds like me.

drowningmatt
12-06-2009, 10:37 AM
This looks awesome. I cant wait for this and the Blur doc.

I met Alan McGee at Coachella in 2008. He was dressed to the nines, but had the limpest handshake I've ever been on the receiving end of.

This is hysterical.

Still-ill
12-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Hahaha! Was that Bob Mould in the trailer?

Mr.Nipples
12-06-2009, 04:39 PM
shame theres only about 2 minutes of mbv in the actual movie, alan wouldn't allow anything more since he still hates all of them...

mountmccabe
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I am not sure I knew this was happening. I am now way excited for when I get a chance to see this.

buddy
12-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Between this and the Blur documentary, early 2010 is shaping up to be a big thrill for Anglophile music nerds like me.

agreed im looking forward to both of these. don't know how you make this doc without much more my bloody valentine, both the making of loveless and the downfall to creation due to it.

Still-ill
12-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Yeah Loveless was the greatest achievement the label ever had, but oddly enough also the cannon ball which made them take on water.