PDA

View Full Version : Pulp Reunion..

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Yes or no? This is started because someone had stated that Jarvis Cocker did not belong at Coachella..PISH POSH!!

chiapet
02-19-2007, 07:31 PM
How are there even people that would vote no?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-19-2007, 07:45 PM
How are there even people that would vote no?

purely out of spite...

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Who's Pulp?

C DUB YA
02-19-2007, 08:13 PM
your screen name tells me you are joking.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-19-2007, 08:17 PM
your screen name tells me you are joking.

Damn. Caught out!

Boourns
02-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh God, I would die for this. I would fly anywhere in the world to see such a reunion.

wmgaretjax
02-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Damn. Caught out!

i love your screen name btw.

AEversW
02-19-2007, 08:53 PM
i just go into pulp after listening to jarvis' record. I like his solo album better then most of the Pulp stuff.

summerkid
02-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Oh God, I would die for this. I would fly anywhere in the world to see such a reunion.

it will happen one day...it will, it has to.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-19-2007, 09:02 PM
i love your screen name btw.

Thanks. I was at work when I heard he had died, and I'm not ashamed to say I broke down.
He was so much a part of my teenage years, he helped me know that there was good music NOT in the top 40. He introduced me to Joy Division, Buzzcocks and later Orbital and The White Stripes.

Most of all, he showed that it is possible to like rock, reggae, punk, happy hardcore, spoken word and classical at the same time. He and I both hate categorization of music - it's either good or it isn't. End of fuckin' story...

Mivsy
02-20-2007, 01:52 AM
I'd love to see it but I voted no because it certainly won't be happening for this year's Coachella. Steve Mackey is a staple of the live Jarvis band and Richard Hawley and Candida have played at some gigs but the reunion will not happen and he is very unlikely to play any Pulp songs either (prefers a well chosen cover version).

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-20-2007, 05:11 AM
Still who are the 4 that said no?

summerkid
02-20-2007, 06:13 AM
I'd love to see it but I voted no because it certainly won't be happening for this year's Coachella. Steve Mackey is a staple of the live Jarvis band and Richard Hawley and Candida have played at some gigs but the reunion will not happen and he is very unlikely to play any Pulp songs either (prefers a well chosen cover version).

I dont think anyone is saying this year, just a pulp reunion in the near future. I'd actually prefer to see Jarvis solo this year I think that's super cool. I can wait another year or two for the Pulp reunion at coachella.

BoardsofCoachella
02-20-2007, 08:59 AM
That would be great. I last saw them open for Blur at the Palace in Hollywood...parklife tour.

dethroned
02-20-2007, 01:55 PM
My friend just saw Jarvis in Glasgow tonight, and said he did an amazing cover of The Jesus and Mary Chain's "Sidewalking." Wonder if he'll do it at Coachella since he's on the same night...!!!

breakjaw
02-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks. I was at work when I heard he had died, and I'm not ashamed to say I broke down.
He was so much a part of my teenage years, he helped me know that there was good music NOT in the top 40. He introduced me to Joy Division, Buzzcocks and later Orbital and The White Stripes.

Most of all, he showed that it is possible to like rock, reggae, punk, happy hardcore, spoken word and classical at the same time. He and I both hate categorization of music - it's either good or it isn't. End of fuckin' story...
Best all-time on-air D.J. Sorry Rodney.
Btw have you ever heard this:John Peel - Introduction (http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F33044BD48A66D31)?
I found it on Beware of the Blog and have been trying to shoehorn it on a mix ever since,but couldn't ever make it work.
It's from some psychedelic album from the Seventies that John recorded the intro for.

shakermaker113
02-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Still who are the 4 that said no?

maybe they were saying "no it won't happen" rather than "no I don't want it to happen". the poll isn't very clear... while thousands want it to happen, very few expect it.

ratmfan105
02-21-2007, 08:22 PM
no what would be better is chris cornell died and rage got together and broke when they died way way better

woogie846
02-21-2007, 08:33 PM
no what would be better is chris cornell died and rage got together and broke when they died way way better

I take it you're not much of a fan for Audioslave...?

Courtney
02-22-2007, 08:00 AM
The 11 people who said no have got some explaining to do.

shakermaker113
02-22-2007, 02:49 PM
The 11 people who said no have got some explaining to do.

maybe they can let a good thing die rather than constantly trying to revive it. and reunions are becoming so cliche nowadays.

having said that, I wouldn't say no to a Pulp reunion. I never got to see them live.

Boourns
02-24-2007, 09:03 AM
maybe they can let a good thing die rather than constantly trying to revive it. and reunions are becoming so cliche nowadays.

having said that, I wouldn't say no to a Pulp reunion. I never got to see them live.

This is one case where a reunion is absolutely necessary. Pulp never fucking toured America.

Fourthisto
02-24-2007, 07:54 PM
i just go into pulp after listening to jarvis' record. I like his solo album better then most of the Pulp stuff.The 90s are calling, wondering where you were.....

This is one case where a reunion is absolutely necessary. Pulp never fucking toured America.Yeah, which was a damn shame. I know for a fact me and my girlfriend would have probably spent thousands on tix & merch by now if they woulda toured here... ah well. I guess I should thank them, because otherwise I might be typing this post from a cardboard box outside of a Panera Bread location (gotta love those unsecure wireless servers!)

Nevertheless, I'd love to see it. But I'll just take what I can get. Jarvis will be freakin great!! :D

Alchemy
04-02-2007, 05:05 PM
i just go into pulp after listening to jarvis' record. I like his solo album better then most of the Pulp stuff.

You haven't been listening to enough Pulp. Jarvis is great, but he needs the rest of Pulp the way that Damon Albarn needs Graham Coxon.

gaypalmsprings
06-07-2008, 09:56 AM
http://www.cherryflava.com/cherryflava/images/Pulp.jpg

Xenocide
06-07-2008, 04:57 PM

i flew to Germany and saw them in '98... they were good... jarvis puts on a good show...

if they reunited, and there were no other acts playing during them i wanted to see, i'd probably catch them again...

Boourns
06-07-2008, 06:27 PM
i flew to Germany and saw them in '98... they were good... jarvis puts on a good show...

if they reunited, and there were no other acts playing during them i wanted to see, i'd probably catch them again...

Dumbest thing I've seen all month on this board. Yeah, the only valid conflicts would be another major reunion like The Smiths, Talking Heads, Pink Floyd, etc, and such a conflict would never happen anyway. It would be like skipping Daft Punk to see She Wants Revenge.

Xenocide
06-08-2008, 06:08 AM
Dumbest thing I've seen all month on this board. Yeah, the only valid conflicts would be another major reunion like The Smiths, Talking Heads, Pink Floyd, etc, and such a conflict would never happen anyway. It would be like skipping Daft Punk to see She Wants Revenge.

weren't YOU one of the ones that saw She Wants Revenge? (and dumbest thing on the board all month REALLY isn't saying anything lately...)

but, no, i've seen 'em, even if none of you have, and like i said, they were OK. i'd most likely pass, but if they were during like the national or coldplay or air or something, i'd watch them...

it wouldn't be an "epic" reunion in my eyes since i've already seen 'em... i'd probably be more interested in seeing an act i hadn't already seen...

Boourns
06-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Hell no I didn't see Editors Want Revenge

greghead
06-08-2008, 12:15 PM
weren't YOU one of the ones that saw She Wants Revenge? (and dumbest thing on the board all month REALLY isn't saying anything lately...)

but, no, i've seen 'em, even if none of you have, and like i said, they were OK. i'd most likely pass, but if they were during like the national or coldplay or air or something, i'd watch them...

it wouldn't be an "epic" reunion in my eyes since i've already seen 'em... i'd probably be more interested in seeing an act i hadn't already seen...

You have to remember that Boourns is hard-up Jarvis Cocker. Even if they were completely awful, Boourns would still be front-row, rocking.

Boourns
06-08-2008, 12:27 PM
But we wouldn't have to worry about anything less than epic, thanks to the documented evidence in live dvd's and youtube.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-08-2008, 12:40 PM

That was Randy...

kroqken
01-15-2009, 10:36 AM
I am more excited about Primal Scream playing again. They should play Coachella.

shakermaker113
01-15-2009, 05:44 PM
oh no.

Boourns
01-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Yawn.

boarderwoozel3
01-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Ken, Ken, Ken :nono You can be really silly sometimes.

ATamreLion
01-16-2009, 02:48 AM
There should be an option that says, "Who the fuck is Pulp"?

davrone
01-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Disco 2000 in the desert. Think about it. :dumbo