PDA

View Full Version : Did they really say that?

sonofhal
11-29-2009, 12:51 AM
Put your rather unexpected quotes from musicians here (with source).

From the mind of Beyonce. A new direction, perhaps?

Is there anyone left you'd still like to record with?

Oh, where do I begin? There's so many people I'd like to work with still, but I'd like to maybe go outside of the box. My sister [Solange] has put me on to bands like Of Montreal and some other different types of artists. I would love to do something like that on my next album.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/nov/29/beyonce-artist-of-the-decade

buddy
11-29-2009, 01:07 AM
i can't find the quote, but thom yorke was talking about a time bjork told him to remove himself from a song they did together. that he should remove emotion when singing because it takes away from the song. i might be wrong about the quote, but i always thought that was silly if that was it. otis redding, al green, james brown, etc. sang with emotion, and if anything it made me appreciate the song more. made me connect, and love it more. maybe just me.

buddy
11-29-2009, 01:22 AM
im not saying that all songs should come from that state, but if its from a real place i can appreciate that, and usually enjoy those songs more. john lennon (plastic ono band album), etc.

amyzzz
11-29-2009, 07:50 AM
maybe he was too emotional. You can't cry and sing properly.

yeahfontaine
11-29-2009, 08:35 AM
maybe he was too emotional. You can't cry and sing properly.

I was with you until I remembered "She's Out of My Life"...perfection.

menikmati
11-29-2009, 10:44 AM
hey wow a radiohead thread...

shotglass75
11-29-2009, 10:46 AM
I don't have the original quote from Noel but his remarks about Jay Z at Glasto last year were pretty entertaining. Jay-Z's response below.

h8rUbOt62ug

mrDIOVXx-y8

vavA4NUKpy8